Cabaye Touch And Go For Cardiff Game

Yohan Cabaye has not had an easy pre-season since he arrived back at Newcastle a few weeks ago,  and he has only a short cameo appearance against Braga so far in this pre-season.

Yohan Cabaye – touch and go for game tomorrow

Apparently he’s been having a little trouble with his ankle, but it’s a minor injury, and we are hoping he can play in the game in South Wales tomorrow afternoon.

As we reported earlier today, if he doesn’t make that game then he could well miss the start of the season against Tottenham Hotspur a week tomorrow, and then Pardew would need to choose between Gosling, Vuckic, Abeid and Bigirimana, who can all play the attacking central midfield role alongside Cheick Tiote.

News in the Evening Chronicle this morning is that the French International is being assessed by the club’s medical staff today, and a late decision will be made tomorrow, on whether he can play at Cardiff City.

Cabaye needs games to get him match fit for the Tottenham game, and we had forgotten that he came on after 72 minutes against Braga in Portugal a couple of weeks, but that’s all the playing time he’s had so far this pre-season.

The longer he can play tomorrow the better, and if there’s a chance he can make the Tottenham game, Newcastle can always arrange a game in mid-week behind closed doors, and  he wisely pulled out of the France game next Wednesday against Uruguay.

So when the team is announced tomorrow afternoon about 2:00pm, we will know if we have a problem with Yohan Cabaye being ready for the Tottenham game – we hope he can start tomorrow and get through the game without any mishaps.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• indian

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

1st

• SupaToonKid

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Ed posting at Usain Bolt speed yet again another repost for me:

Hopefully Llambias will use the example of Cheick Tioté joining us on £8K a week but then his superb performances resulted in a very nice £40K a week 6.5 year deal.

From what I’ve heard & seen of Anita in interviews and through articles he doesn’t seem like a money grabber but a very good, young player who like Tioté just wants to improve his career & test himself in a higher league, enjoy his football & then the big bucks will inevitably come in.

• YOY_Yorkshire

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Not sure I really like the options – Gosling blow hot and cold and each time I see I am underwhelmed. Similar for Vudic so it is a choice between Big and Abeid both of who lack a little experience… Just demonstrates the thinness of the squad.

• Jesus1983

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

If Cabayae was to miss the opener then i have no doubt that Jonas would partner Tiote in the centre with Marveaux and Ben Arfa out wide!

• TorqToon

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Indian – get a grip lad!

• TorqToon

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM

And it would be Jonas and Tiote for me. Bigi and abeid, as highly as I rate them just lack a bit of the experience they would require for a tough opener against the spuds.

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM

New top came today. 🙂

Best looking top we’ve had in years,in my opinion.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hope Abeid gets the nod in his place. Want to see what the lad is capable of.

From last article. Talk of emotional attachment. Maybe MA would be more behind the club if fans got off his back. Cant be nice to throw in excess of £100m into a club to save it for the fans to treat you like shit.

Dont get me wrong. MA has made some hugely questionable decisions but think about it a bit.

All of his errors.

1) Chris Mort (Chalk it down to inexperience, he didnt know how to run a club or appoint someone who could properly).

2) Dennis Wise (Again same point as above and the blame should largely lie with Wise not Ashley, which was corrected after Keegan left)

3) Chris Hughton- Yes it was harsh and I feel bad for Hughton. BUT has it paid off. Pardew wasnt the guy I saw taking the club forward upon appointment. Nor was Hughton. Perhaps Pardew was genuinely the best interviewee. Or there is something negative about Hughton seen by DL and MA behind the scenes.

4) Andy Carroll. I think we all need to admit MA got that call spot on. Look what it has done for our club.

5) Sports Direct Arena (unforgivable)

So when you consider everything. Number 5 is the only truly awful thing the guy has done. Compared to keeping the club from going under I think the other 4 points are easily forgivable.

So to hear about people chanting ‘Ashley Out’ at Hartlepool is very saddening. When will people learn. YOU DONT BITE THE HAN THAT FEEDS YOU. Ashley will be reluctant to splash cash when he is treated like that. And he’ll be aware of it.

As far as he’s concerned he has got the club on a sound financial footing. All he needs to do is keep it there until the economy is improved, by which point he will have gotten his £100m back. Then sell the club at a profit.

• mondziu

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Who’s waiting for the Europa League Play-Off draw? It starts in an hour!

I’m excited, who’s with me? 🙂

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

For me David Rudisha is better athlet the Highlight of London2012 than Mr.Bolt.

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM

p.s i am waiting. Is there any streams? or is it on Eurosport 2?

• pawl250

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM

My team for Spurs – Based on current players

Krul

Simpson – STaylor – Colo – Santon

Arfa – Cabaye – Tiote – Marveaux

Ba – Cisse

If needs be a midfielder replaced with Jonas for injury. This is a home game, we should be attacking not defending!

Especially given the new manager they cannot be on the same hymn sheet so while vulnerable attack. Bale looks to be injured so the counter attacking ability will be diminished! Lennon is another possibility but Santon aint slow and I would expect a disciplined performance with Marveaux infront of him instead of the normal hard working Jonas.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Also in response. If we have to let Ashley stick his logos all over SJP to get £20m a year in transfer budget. Then so be it.

It will always be SJP. The signs for it will remain unchanged. Ive never met a single person refer to it as SDA. Except my mum when she’s trying to wind me up

• rivettCatcher

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the Cardiff game is been televised or streamed tomorrow?

Thanks,

RC

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

i hope it will be (in order i want the most)
    1 Neftçi PFK (Azerbaijan)
    2 Tromso IL (Norway)
    3 Atromitos FC (Greece)
    4 FC Vaslui (Romania)
    5 Anzhi Makhachkala (Russia)

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

rivettCatcher // Aug 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

i hope, wait i’ll check.

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM

no, i cant’s find any links for cardif, maybe tomorow, but i doubt.. That’s pitty..

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM

thanks! i’ve found some a few, but i’ll use yours 😀

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

p.s i kind of like our new stripes, and kit, but i wuold have looked a lot more awsome with more back on the top of the shoulders… Hope next year puma will change it.

• pardews plan B

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

What about motherwell?

• Graeme

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM

The Europa League draw should be live on sky channel 411 Eurosport 2 or on eufa.com (I think)

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand // Aug 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

jimmymagpie // Aug 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Morning Ibiza – you may well be right mate, but most club owners either already have, or form an attachment to their clubs, even Abramovich. If business can be done from anywhere, where don’t the dreadful duo spend more time in the city, and get a real feel for the area. Llambias is the only chief executive in the Premier League who isn’t on the premises at least 3 days a week. After all, he is ultimately responsible for the admin of the club, and just as an example, yet again thousands haven’s received their season tickets just one week before the first match. Third season running that this has happened.

—–

Abramovich? Please, it’s just his expensive toy. No real love there imo. Not the type of commitment I am looking for being completely honest. Sure, I would like the titles and silverware, but it’s a fake pride imo (I know others will disagree).

As I said, they’re business men and probably don’t see the benefit of spending more time in the area…other than to create a better feeling amongst the fans, which they clearly don’t care too much about. I would imagine they have certain managers below them to handle admin etc and I would also imagine Del boy will be having some words with those responsible for their shortcomings.They can’t and wont man manage each job at the club – micro managing is the quickest way to get yourself in trouble…delegation is key.

I also don’t see how spending more time in Newcastle will help move transfers along, which seems to be most people’s issue with them at present.

Sorry if it seems I’m battling with you, I just personally find your attitude towards the board a little out dated now. I get they have caused grief for the fans and relegation was a bitter pill to swallow, we are now however a lot stronger than we have been in a good long while and are once again competing near the top. Slow and steady progress is the aim and we seem to be right on track.

• LGFUAD21s Mam

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM

@ lgfuad21. Get that room tidied, or I won’t let you go to the sports direct arena!

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I would say anyone who’s tall & usually a size medium in a football shirt,is best getting a size large for length.

Or maybe I’ve just got fatter.lol

• pardew no 1

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

i think we have lost out on maiga for the price looks better then carrol for 20 mil

• LooneyToon41

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

@8. LGFUAD21. Always respect your posts, but regarding 5) Sports Direct Arena (unforgiveable). You are without doubt in the majority with this view, but i don’t share it. We don’t have the revenues (at the moment) to continually compete at the top of the Prem. Luis Suarez new contract of £120k per week?!? as an example. St James’ will always be St James’ to me, but if that extra revenue stream helped fund players to bring home a trophy, then i’d be happy for the media to call St James’ , ‘The Virgin Media Stadium’ etc etc.
    I’m 42years old, and we’ve not won a trophy in my lifetime…….one day… maybe one day…

• Rotonda heights

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Jimmy

You have it on good authority Ashley hates geordies do you? Give me strength. He seems to get on fine well with Beardo amongst others. If you’re going to continually trash someone at least stop inventing crap. He may have been upset with a few loons who threatened his family, who wouldn’t be.

If ashley wasn’t in Lyon you’d ask why he wasn’t!!!

• nufc.romania

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa: I’d take Newcastle move over AC Milan

What do you think ?

• cyprus

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

On previous report: AP didn’t want to single out any player but he did! Two of them. Gabby still working on his confidence?? Man get him a girlfriend

• WWYCD

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Because Ashley gets on well with a geordie he likes the whole breed?

• Dannyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Bit of a sour mood here today.
    So today, to lighten things up, if we draw Tromsø, which is in Norway, i can GUARANTEE there will not be any upsets!
    Yes, Norwegian Tippeliga is that poor.

• Midfield General

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Howdy Lads,

First ever post! My season ticket has landed today, weeeeeeeeeee!

• Toon1978

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Off topic but we need a CB asap. It’s a position we have failed to strengthen time and time again. It’s looking like this will be the case once again. Colo, Williamson and S.Taylor are good players but we really need another established CB as we have so many games coming up next season. I know the money Ashley is investing in Rangers has no effect on NUFC but i really feel he should be concentrating on strengthening the squad rather then putting his attention on other things. V.Anita would really be a fine signing but i suppose signing this player is more the job of Llambias and Charnley. Lets hope they are more successful in Holland then they where last time….i have my doubts but fingers crossed.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

WWYCD

I’d say it’s more valid than a rumour that he hates them all 😐

If I recieved death threats, I’d be pretty irked, mind.

• Hatem Ben Farta

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Way off topic but why the hell is Mike Ashley looking to invest in Rangers of all teams?! haha he should be thinking of investing more on transfers for Newcastle, just doesn’t make any sense to be honest.

• WWYCD

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

TDS
    Hmm I dunno having around 50000 people chanting rude words at u and hate u for a prolonged period of time i bet u wouldn’t be too keen on them afterwards

Personally I don’t think he hates geordies but I wouldn’t be shocked if he disliked the NUFC fanbase a fair amount

• TorqToon

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hatem – It’s all business mate! If he buys just a 10% share at a knockdown price, he can always sell it again in 3-4yrs time at a ridiculous profit. Also he can strike the deal to sell rangers shirts through Sports direct and this deal alone would make him MILLIONS!!!

IMO a smart business move…although would rather efforts were put into THIS club – and who knows…perhaps begin the scenes they are!!?!

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM

And I wouldn’t blame him too much. At the end of the day, I’m not a fan, but as long as his lack of relationship with the fans doesn’t get in the way of our progress, I don’t give a crap.

People keep saying “Why doesn’t Ashley communicate more with the fans?”

But I can’t think of many owners that do…