No Cabaye Injury – It’s Been Lost In Translation

Yohan Cabaye had already informed new French manager Didier Deschamps,  that he would not be available for the friendly game at Le Havre next Wednesday evening against Uruguay.

Yohan Cabaye – misses out on France international – by choice

And subsequently Yohan is not in the French squad named by Deschamps  yesterday, and neither was Newcastle’s other French International Ben Arfa, and we reported on that yesterday.

Yohan has put an explanation out on his blog,  as to why he’s not available, and this is what he says about his non selection:

Hi all,

Even if I wanted to be part of the first list of Didier Deschamps, my non-selection is quite logical given my form at this time of preparation. After a big season with Newcastle, punctuated by a European championship demanding fatigue is logically made feel. After discussions with the club doctors, and even if this friendly match was very interesting to play, by the presence of new coach, new staff and the beginning of a new adventure, it was better that I do not not participate in order to continue my physical training club to be in shape this season with big upcoming deadlines.

For his first meeting with the Blues, Didier Deschamps has put together a very interesting list with new players.League 1 is very well represented, which proves that France has a high quality championship. Especially since four Lille are present in the list. I want to congratulate his return to Rio, and Debuch, Marvin and Dimitri.

With the arrival of new coach, the counters are reset to 0, and it will again prove its place in the France. For the match against Uruguay, I’ll be the first supporter of the Blues. I will do everything to be called again because I still focus on the France team and my goal is to be part of this new adventure and to be called as much as possible.The France team has always been and will remain a goal and an honor for me.

Go the Blues and see you soon.

Those are good words from the French International, who career has sky rocketed since he arrived on Tyneside thirteen months ago.

Yohan never mentions being injured, and we think Cabaye is simply putting his club  first, and he hasn’t even played for Newcastle in pre-season yet, but we don’t think this means Cabaye is injured.

And the game in Le Havre is simply a friendly, and since it comes just three days before the Premier League season begins, it seems logical that Cabaye would skip the game, given that he is trying to get fully fit for his club.

Alan Pardew had said yesterday that Cabaye has had a few minor injuries to deal with (an ankle injury was one of them), but we’d be very surprised if Yohan Cabaye doesn’t line up in the starting eleven for Newcastle against Tottenham at St. James’ Park in eight days time.

And we hope to see him get a run-out at Cardiff City on Saturday, and if he doesn’t play in that game at all in South Wales, then we’ll be concerned.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Kyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Cabaye played for us in pre-season already. If only you read comments Ed.

• GeordieToon89

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Can’t believe Scott Sinclair is being sold to Man City for £5.5million rising to £8million.!! Why are we not in for him man.!

• Robby Bobson

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Because hes not that good, can be good sometimes but doesnt hurt teams enough.

Really cant see why they wanted him…Adam Johnson is better.

• Robby Bobson

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Sinclair that is not the ravishing yohan.

• Kc-Toon

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM

scott sinclair is nowhere near good enough for the Man city bench, The lad will be throwing his career down the drain if he opts for a move there. If players cant produce at man city there left on the bench to rot
    Soo, out of the youth players weve got trying to break into the team, Who do we think pardew will give the most minutes to? I feel Vuckic will start growing uneasy if he isnt getting minutes on the pitch

• toon1707

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Cabaye did a lot of defensive midfield work last season and was fantastic but this season I expect him to have a more attacking midfield position and then we will see his full talent on show and will be in for a real treat I expect if he is more attacking to see him in double figures for goals this season along with ben arfa

• ~Debuchery on a Dreamboat~

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Have Man City put a price on Adam Johnson yet?

Anything around 10mill or below would be a bargain IMO. Was gutted when Downing was selected over him. The decision to pick downing over Johnson was equivalent to choosing turd over chocolate cake.

• Robby Bobson

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

We are blessed with wingers anyway, marveux and amalfitano looking really good, ad that to hatem and jonas and er obertan with sammy and fergie coming through as well…..thats 7 wingers, at least 2 of them have got to be in form at any one time!

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yeah Ed like Kyo and I mentioned a few articles ago Cabaye already played for us like 20 min in pre-season. He will be a Newcastle player at the start of the season I have NO DOUBTS. Relax and just wait with baited breath if we’re going to sign someone soon like the rest of us. I am pretty confident none of our stars will leave in this window.

We bring Debuchy, Mbiwa and Anita in and I’ll be a very very happy man.

PS. Is Nasri suspended for the game?… and if not and is selected to play for France then it’s surely more personal than just temperament issues concerning HBA omission.

• RonVanDam

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM

John Guidetti’s proposed loan move from Manchester City to Sunderland could be in jeopardy because the 20-year-old Swedish striker is struggling to shake off a virus.

Full story: Daily Mail

• LGFUAD21

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

GT89

Completely agree on Sinclair. easily swansea’s best player. The one that should cary the ridiculous fee.

Bad move for him though. He wont get many games I dont think

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Does anyone know what time the draw is being made tomoro for the Europa league? 🙂

• Kyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

12:30 I think is when the draw is made.

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Cheers mate, can’t wait to see who we get. :p

• Kyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Hopefully some team from an undiscovered continent.

• Lynchtoon

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Undiscovered continent like Europe?

• ramajama

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Kyo – with regards to your first comment, show some respect to Ed you mug, who do you think you are slagging him off on the blog that he created and spends so much time on everyday.
    Show some respect

• Kyo….

Can you please learn some geography, I’ve been quiet on this blog during transfer window and such but can’t help but notice your comments ranging from retarded to the utter most crap that can only be spawned by an idiot of the special sauce degree.

• Griff-toon

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Heres hoping we draw å team from norway or sweden so I can easily get to the match.

• Ian Toon

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I am hoping we play the first leg at SJP so I will be around to watch it.
    Ibiza– wanted to join blog whilst your around but I know your a legend in your own lunch time. Eastern time – where ever you are have a specially good one. Until the next time – here’s wishing for:
    1) Favourable draw. 2) break through with big signing.

• seantoon

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Good news on Scott Sinclair going to Manchester. May mean Rosie Webster his girlfriend will be back on corrie! She is awesome

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Buenos Dias Snr Ian.

So you don’t feel I’ll be remembered for my contribution to the blog?

Have to agree with your numbered points, that would be fantastic and would certainly make it a specially good Friday.

Kingsmill….Good to see you’re still alive. Staying away from silly season? Hope all’s well.

• Toon73

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM

4 hours to the draw by my guestimation. It’s just afer 5.30pm on Friday here in Oz.

Hopefully some good news today !

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Well Ibiza we would count of you to leave us already would we?

…remember your time has just begone 😉

• Beattie25

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Who is Ian?

Why is he attacking Ibiza?

Do we all have to try and leave a legacy?

Are we in ancient Rome?

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM

* should have said wouldn’t :'(

…now I have really done it!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Beattie….Ian is my mate.

Why aren’t you attacking me?

Of course.

Perhaps.

Jesper…Not starting anything, but shall not be leaving anytime soon.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Jesper…It’s early, so we’ll forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes. After 10pm though, there will be hell to pay!

• jimmymac

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Romelu Lukaku to NUFC on loan for the season? He will be useful option for Europa League games and in Jan if we lose Cisse & Ba. He seems to have set his sights higher than Fulham but wants to go out on loan to a Premier League side.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Ibiza…I wouldn’t have it any other way 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Beattie….You still about mate?

Anyone know if the draw is televised and therefore any streams or anything at all?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

JimmyMac….Depends on what our real situation is with regards to incoming strikers. We certainly could use with a young promising striker in the team, I would just rather we were giving one of our own players the experience rather than Chelsea’s.

However, I’d rather have a loan back-up than no back up at all.

• Ian Toon

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Beattie25- you must not forget to take your medication.
    Don’t you understand anything Ibiza – was the main attraction in me joining the blog ( he’s got a lot to answer for) – in your language Beat-
    I think he’s a cool dude. Keep it Black an White – your what is the meaning of life is way beyond my intellectual capacity.
    As much as I’d just love it to have further social intercourse with you I
    must fly . I hear we’re going to learn our fate at 12.30 .

• jimmymac

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I agree Ibiza, I can’t see us signing another striker. I think the persuit of LDJ was down to the club antipating Ba’s departure. Now his clause deadline is passed i think we may see a loan deal materialise.

I’d like to bring our younger players on too, but i’d also like a bit of a Euro cup run and think someone of Lukaku’s calibre will allow that more than Sam Ameobi (i see him more of a wide forward), Vuckic and young Campbell.
    Like most on here i’d like to see Debuchy, Anita & maybe Douglas though the door.

I must say though, i agree with Ed in that we are a stronger team now than we were this time last year. We have Cisse, Bigi, Good & Romain on board but perhaps more importantly we have Marvaux, who looks a class act, fit. Plus a year under the belts for the likes of Tav, Ameobi (plus another foot in height), Vuckic, Ferguson, Abeid.

• Ian Toon

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Ibiza- it’s on Eurosport 2 at 12 .30
    Best regards

• HullMag6

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM

If Adam johnson is available at the right price worth getting. Could be happening if Sinclair is citeh bound.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

JimmyMac, I didn’t say I didn’t think we wouldn’t be bringing in a young striker, just that we don’t know 🙂

For me a striker is more important than Anita atm. Whilst he would be a great addition (according to most on here), I feel we have good cover in the middle, but lack upfront (mainly due to the absence of Ranger).

I think we should be getting in a FB, CB and Striker….and then Anita if Ashley hasn’t gone in to cardiac arrest.

Ian…You’re a Gentleman. Have a good one.

HullMag…He’s a great player, although there has been a lot said about his attitude / commitment. However, that doesn’t surprise me at City. Players join for money, so why expect them to play their all? You need to give them something to believe and fight for….maybe Pardew can get more out of him?

• HullMag6

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Gutted for AJ and Mili (milner) that they’re rotting at citeh although Mili has done slightly better. Shame money destroys talent. Especially at sh*ty.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I suppose it’s their own fault, everyone else can see what would happen.