Top 17 Year-Old Newcastle Youngster In Squad For Cardiff

One of the best young players at Newcastle, 17 year-old Adam Campbell, will be part of the first team squad at Cardiff City tomorrow, and he could get some playing time, depending on how the game goes.

Adam Campbell – says he’s in first team squad for Cardiff game tomorrow

This is a great move by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, and ever since he’s been on Tyneside, Alan has shown that if you’re good enough you’re old enough, and that has not gone unnoticed by our many top youngsters at the club.

Campbell was the Player of the Tournament in the recent Milk Cup when Newcastle reached the final, only to be beaten 3-0 by Brazilian team Desportivo Brazil, but Adam scored six goals in that tournament.

We did a piece on the 17 year-old striker in late July, and he’s already an England U17 International.

Adam was born in North Shields and joined Newcastle in 2002 when he was 7 years old – and he’s now being watched by some top clubs, including Manchester City.

In 2010 in the Manchester United Premier Cup, Adam was voted the tournament’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) by coaches of other clubs, and that award was previously won by the likes of Carlos Tévez, Andreas Iniesta and Fernando Torres – all turned out to be world class players.

In March Alan Pardew had this to say about one of  Newcastle’s best young prospects:

“I thought we excelled actually to get to the quarter-finals.” “We were disappointed our young England boy didn’t play in Ginger – Adam Campbell – we have high hopes for him.”

Adam tweeted the news earlier today that he was part of the squad, and it would be good to see him in action tomorrow, and he may well be fast tracked into the first team squad, if he keeps impressing like he’s been doing at Newcastle.

Maybe we have a world-class striker in the making at Newcastle – maybe – but we certainly hope so!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Get in Campbell

• blaydonracist

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

good luck to him, hope he impresses and maybe get a shot in a cup in the upcoming season

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I think people are reading a bit too much into the ‘Pardews been told to do with what hes got’

Anyway whats so bad with that? I’d like to see us sign a few players, notably a defender.

Next Headline: Pardew Gives NUFC Board Ultimatum!

• ashwin say's

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM

nice to see some academy products !!!

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Gateshead

Remember the rumours that Pardew has quit, last year? Brilliant.

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Yes I remember. Nowt like a good old misguided rumour to keep us on our toes.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Not sure how reliable this is but just read that Pardew has given the NUFC board an ultimatum.

🙁

Good news for Campbell, hope he’s given a chance and that he takes it.

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Ibiza

Whos your source? Cos my cousins friends brother, knows the canteen manager

• Kyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I think you’re missing the point. If we go with youngsters and end up mid-table, we lose our best players next season. Back to square 1. We need to push for CL while we can and to do that we need senior signings.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

GatesheadMag…Just read it a few minutes ago…think it was the Gateshead Mag. Here’s a link…

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Kyo

Im not saying we shouldnt push for CL but the team we have is very good. And they might be happy to wait until january to tie up deals if they dont think theyre getting good value now

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

HaHa, what a nakka
    I opened to link aswell 🙁

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Kyo…We have the same team that got us 5th, but next year we’ll be mid-table?

I honestly feel the club are trying to get players in, so am adopting the relaxed approach. Still many twists and turns this window.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Gateshead..Come off it, you didn’t? 🙂

• GatesheadMag

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I did, and your source seems very reliable

• Kyo

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Ibiza, you’re assuming every team in the league has the same team as last season.

Flawed argument.

Gateshead, I agree. but now til January is very important for us because it could mean being knocked out of the 3 tournaments we are in.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I have no reason to disbelieve him. Seems a top bloke.

Ok, think we may have run this joke as far as it’ll go…

🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Kyo…

You’re assuming any new players will perform well straight away. Also that the teams below us will do better. Who were they?

Chelsea – I would imagine they will finish above us this season, they had a shocker last year and I don’t expect it to happen again.
    Liverpool – Really? You think they’ve invested wisely this window?
    Everton – Same as above.

So, like for like, one team on paper looks like they would finish above us, so we’d be 6th? Not mid-table.

Unless of course you mean the likes of QPR and West Ham challenging the top half of the table?

I’m not disputing we could use some new players, just that if we don’t, doesn’t mean we’ll find ourselves where we were 2 season ago.

• terencelim

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

@#17, that was exactly what I thought and laughed my ass off when I saw that post.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

terencelim…Sorry mate, thought what? Gateshead is a top bloke? That’s no laughing matter

• terencelim

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Like it or not, most people assumed Liverpool invested poorly last season, and maybe this season, but in the worst day big boys still win cup, just like Liverpool and Chelsea did last season.

I am still positive for this transfer window and believe a LB and striker will arrive by end of month, but getting carried away with last season result certainly isn’t the most intelligent thing to do. Don’t ignore the fact that many other teams don’t mind investing and also improving.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Ahhh, it twas my post that made you chuckle so.

I did also say before that, I thought we would be investing. In fact, kyo took a question I made and turned it into a statement (and a flawed one at that).

I can certainly see the argument that we need to invest to keep competing. But to say, if we don’t (and rely on youngsters) we’ll be mid-table (i.e out of EL qualification places) and lose our star players is also off the mark imo.

• JDdubai

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Brayson….Chopra….Campbell?

• peterrwrightt

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i have a good feeling about this lad…

• peterrwrightt

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

haha, ed, you must really like the new strip if you’re putting it on the side of the page!
    my shirt came today, got cisse on the back!

• AsprillaCartWheels

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Any of you knew how do i get the kit without the sponsor (virgin money)? Or Is there a way to get rid of it after I purchase the kit? Virgin is not that well known from where I come from, I might be mistaken as a douche/pimp with the virgin money emblazoned on my chest! ????