The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

17 Year-Old Could Make First Team Debut Today

10:50 am, Saturday, August 11th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 141 Comments

Newcastle’s England Under-17 international striker Adam Campbell could well get his first game in the Newcastle first team today at Cardiff City Stadium in South Wales, and Newcastle play their final pre-season friendly game.

Adam Campbell in action

Adam let everybody know yesterday via his twitter account that he was in the first team squad for the Cardiff City game:

“So happy to be going away with the 1st team tomorrow! It is a dream come true no matter if I get on or not !”

The North Shields-born teenager has only played a few games for the Newcastle  Reserves side, but he is one of Newcastle’s best young players coming through, and along with 17 year-old center-back Remie Streete, who is recovering from injury, Adam could well be part of the first team squad by the end of the season.

17 year-old center-back Remie Streete

We had reported on the two up-and-coming local lads in March, and this is what manager Alan Pardew said about the two of them at that time:

“It looks like it isn’t going to take him too much time to be playing first-team football.” “He’s physically ready, in the next two years he could go straight in.”

“I don’t want to heap too much pressure on Remie, but he’s a calm kind of guy.”   “If you are really confident that you can handle it, then they can go straight in to the first team.”

The young ginger haired striker had this to say to the local press today:

“It is surreal and a dream come true.”  “Hopefully, I can keep on pressing and get my first-team appearance. I have been at the Academy nine seasons now.”

Adam is yet another product of the famous Wallsend Boys Club, and he starred for the U18 side in  Newcastle’s FA Youth Cup run last season.

We expect Adam to start on the bench this afternoon, but he could be brought on at some time in the second half,  and get his first taste of first team football at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

Tags: Adam Campbell · Newcastle News · Remie Streete

141 responses so far ↓

• 1 Magpie from Lithuania // Aug 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Good luck Adam!!!

• 2 Magpie from Lithuania // Aug 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

P.s I don’t know if the game is on tv today. You can find some links of Cardif City vs Newcastle United live streaming, but they all are a bit suspicious.. I don’t raise my hopes..

• 3 dmac // Aug 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Id love to see him come off the bench, the lad would love it.

• 4 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The match should be streamed today, just abit unlucky as for hartlepool. Cardiff is total bigger place, always streams at these game?
    Try sportlemon.tv also.

On mike ashleys daughter, anna.
    I sure would bone that hah

• 5 BelfastMagpie87 // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Good luck to the lad.

Be back on later after the Rangers match.

Hopefully there’s a stream of our match….

• 6 Graeme // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Always great to see a local lad come through the system and break into the first team squad. Hope he has a really good début today.

• 7 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Anyways, what time is the kickoff? 3pm I’m guessing

• 8 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I will post a link to a website what has all live games on from around Europe later.

Somebody off here posted it a few months and it is brilliant for all games.

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Sage
    When ppl say players like ALAN? campbell is only being put into a friendly because the board has no intention of signing a striker and pards is only putting him as form of protest is just moronic

• 10 Nufc-83 // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I dont believe there will be any streams showing the game today.

• 11 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Tads

It is, but the comment is so ridiculous it hardly needs any response. The stupidity speaks for itself.

I have realised you cannot change people’s opinions when they are so convinced of spmething.

Most here have balanced views but some will not engage, just insult or praise the club when in reality we should see the negatives and positives of everything.

• 12 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Footballstreaming.info?

• 13 Magpie from Lithuania // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Footballstreaming.info doesn’t have streams of todays game..

• 14 peteb // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

@AMEOBI

Why don’t you keep your comments football related?

Your post 4 is distasteful to say the least!

On a football note it would be fantastic or a product of Wallsend and the Cademy get his first team run out today.

• 15 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Lighten up peteb

• 16 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

cisse needs to score today… if he doesn’t, he’s going to demolish spurs. :D

• 17 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Wonder if there any negotiations going on for players we were linked with in January but have for quiet now.

Players like cissohko, pieters, van wolfswinkel, etc.

• 18 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I’ve seen some worrying comments in reference to big mike’s daughter. I don’t know how old you guys are, but she is clearly still a very young girl. Not even 18 I’m guessing. So wind it in. Unfortunate having to read that sort of thing.

• 19 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

im so excited knowing football is back next weeeeek eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
    sorry for that ‘eek’

• 20 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

pbNcl
    you haven’t forgotten there is a lot of youngsters on here? i’m 18, we aren’t all 50 +

• 21 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Peteb,

1 comment wasn’t football related? Point is ashleys daughter would get it..

• 22 kilcline // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Someone get pbNc1 a tissue. It’s banter you prick.

• 23 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Peter

I am very confident for the spurs game.

They have no Ledley king, vertongen has come in but it will be his first real game for spurs. He may be good but will struggle with cisse and Ba.

They have no Parker as he is out injured.

Defoe is the only striker they have.

Modric is currently training alone and even if he is selected he won’t be fully committed.

AVB is the manager. The original one trick pony. Very good at Porto but did not adapt his style to suite a different team and league when at Chelsea. He pushed senior players out when he had no one better to come in.

I think we could get a confortable win. A lot can change in a week but hopefully we will manage to get a good result to set down the standard for the season.

I guarantee no team will look forward to playing us at sjp and 80% won’t look forward to playing us at their place either.

I know it’s a big if going off recent years but if Saylor and marvoux stay fit and Senegal get beat off the ivory coast so we keep cisse and Ba all year we could be on the coat tails or arsenal going into the final few games and have a good shout for champs league.

• 24 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I’m not 50+ I’m late 20′s. That’s fair enough peterrwrightt.

How old are you ameobi?

And kilcline, any grown man showing that kind of behaviour towards a young girl is clearly not banter. And your calling me a pr1ck? Hilarious, and also very brave of you. Stupid idiot

• 25 HullMag6 // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance. Fingers crossed for Remie too, the futures looking bright in black and white.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Also want to point something out regarding Europa league.

Spurs played innit last year and still made 4th in the league.

People say stoke struggled but stole finished 13th when they qualified for the Europa league by gettin to the FA cup final. They then finished 14th last year so it could be argued it had little impact.

Also the extra games are an issue but travelling isn’t. Spending 4 hours on a plane is no different to teams spending 4 hours on a bus going to a game. We are travelling Europe so the the time difference isn’t sufficient to cause significant problems.

• 27 GeordieAnt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM

@pbNcl Actually she’s 19. An article was published a few years ago (2008) in which it says ‘At 24 he married a Swedish property developer, Linda Jerlmyr. The pair have three children, Oliver 16, Anna 15 and Matilda 10′ That was 4 years ago…so you do the math.

• 28 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

pbNcl
    you know page 3, all them topless ‘young girls’ are only early 20′s, some aren’t even 20, yet you get 80 year olds enjoying them haha

• 29 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I’d moderate any comments about MAs daughter off this blog…..but why the ‘arty’ camera shoot then ?
    Maybe she wants to be a model… she should be kept out the blog and let get on with her career. Hope her Dad gives her good advice….

MA & Ranger
    Don’t panic.
    He is only selling replica shirts at an enormous profit.
    Rangers have a massive market for these world wide…even though they will not appear in Europe unless they win the Scottish Cup.

Just a thought. We are on a five year development plan. Having Streete and Campbell be starting 11 by year five has to be part of the whole youth development thing. And then there’ll be Amal, Bigi, Good, Tav, Sammi etc.etc., in this or next season.
    I bet we could put up a team list of the best eleven of our youngsters for season 2015-6 and just know it’d be pure quality and top EPL.
    Imagine a Toon team with 6-7 players come through development with us.
    We’ll not need to worry about transfers once these guys are all good enough for regular starts or about squad depth.

• 30 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Cheers GeordieAnt, appreciate that

Back to football ey

Be good to get anita in, but I sense there’s gonna be more twists and turns yet. Maybe us going in for these dutch lads will put pressure on the dabauchy deal. I hope so. Cos although Van der Wild is probs the better fullback, cabaye’s pal would be better for our team. Morale and all that

• 31 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I apologise for the word ‘innit’ it’s this useless phone correcting real words to rubbish for some reason.

• 32 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

MA & Rangers
    Don’t panic.
    He is only selling replica shirts at an enormous profit.

Imagine a Toon team with 6-7 players come through development with us.

• 33 kilcline // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM

pbNcl is clearly a keyboard warrior virgin.

• 34 BOOM BOOM THE 1ST // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

@ transfer sage – agree with most of your post but coat-tails of Arsenal my arse we will be lookin at those fcukers in the rear view mirror if they lose RVP i think that will be the straw that breaks the camels back. On Anita i’d love us to get him in cos a left foot and a right foot player in both CM positions offers gr8 balance and i would still prefer us to get a left footed full back and move santon to rb. But were still in a stronger position than last thank god for that.

• 35 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Pbncl

I have seen little of debuchy or vdv but from comments people seem to rate debuchy much higher?

Do you disagree? Why are the strengths and weaknesses of them? I know they both like to attack but that’s it.

• 36 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Kilcline, I’m not a keyboard warrior. I’m a real man. And I don’t engage in pathetic insulting behaviour over the internet. I’m here to discuss football. I leave my real battles for real life. So I suggest you take your bad mood elsewhere, I’m not biting

• 37 kilcline // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Im off out for an all dayer, suggest you look for a personality transplant online and stop being a mug.

debuchy is better than VDW also, but VDW has alot of potential.

• 38 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

TS

If VdW is good enough for 35 full caps for Netherlands he’s good enough for us.

Pards is a good people manager and has succeeded with everyone except Ranger, so I doubt any rumoured attitude problems will be an issue.

• 39 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Transfer sage, I’ve gotta be honest I haven’t seen much of them play and I refuse to judge them off football games haha. But Van der Wild is more established and has a greater reputation. Other people will have more information than me no doubt. I would be happy with either, but Debauchy would be better for our dressing room

• 40 GeordieAnt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

@Transfer Sage. I read that vdW loves himself a bit too much, and won’t throw himself into tackles for that reason. I also read a comparison between him and Santon. Santon has great ability and talent but little confidence in it. Whereas vdW thinks he has more talent and ability than he actually does. I’m not denying he’s a good player…but I’m not sure (if these statements are true) that he’d be too good for team morale…

• 41 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

All went a bit PC here for very little reason, didn’t it ha ha. Never mind.

On the transfer front, really sorry to bring bad news but apparently Lionel is not putting in his transfer request after all. Seems Barca are flying in crates of Newcy Brown for him so no deal there. :(

• 42 pardew no 1 // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

THE WAY TO BEAT SPURS IS HACK BALE THEN HE WILL CRY LIKE A BITCH

• 43 fog on the tyne // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Ffs why is everyone saying ashley more concerned with rangers and that he’ll care more about them!
    Its a commercial deal allowing his company to sell rangers tops and merchandise, it has nothing at all to do with nifc and all the deludes on here thinking we’ll be sending our young’ns up there on loan are lacking upstairs.
    Whatever MA does with his personal money is his perogative and nothing to do with any one. I for one is very grateful for what he has done for my club, ableit after a turmoilutous start. I’m not even sure he is funding this rangers deal personally, and pretty sure sports direct will be. For all those numb nuts amongst you lot, sports direct is a FTSE 100 listed company, which means there is other shareholders other than MA and he only ownes roughly 65% of the company. Also he has a chief exec whom i’m pretty sure would have a major say on commercial deals SD would undertake and endorse.

So FFS get off the poor blokes back and let him stick to what he does best , which strangely enough not many predecessors have done a very good job of, and carry on rebuilding our club in to a major force again

RANT OVER

• 44 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Fog

Thank you …exactly…no way will we use newco as a farm team either..

now lets get back to worrying aboot Toon transfers then :-)

• 45 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Morally correct Tsunki, not political = D haha

Should be a good game today like, hope I get a chance to watch it! Will there be any streams you know? Is it televised? Should be.

• 46 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Pardew no 1
    Bale might be on the bench if both Tiote and Anita start

• 47 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Mfh

Agree 35 internationals caps is impressive bit it’s the Dutch defence.

Heitinger has 80 Capps for them and he isn’t the best.

The Dutch have a very weak defence, so I think Caps are not the be all and end all for him.

But he obviously has some talent and if pards can get that out of him the he would be good.

I still think the side would be more balanced though with santon on the right hand side. It’s ok to have a right footed lb but santon is not two footed enough to get the most out of himself there.

• 48 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Investment in Rangers has bot all to do with nufc.Stop. If I had money to grab 10% share of a company that will no doubt quickly progress back to SPL and the tv revenue again, thereby multiplying my share price I would do that. Doesn’t mean I will kick the wife and kids out and start speaking Gaelic. Breathe, people.

I would love it if our little flame headed firebrand burst onto the scene like Rooney. Would be good to turn a local product out on the front line again.

• 49 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM

heres the team i think we start against Spurs :
    ………………Krul……………………
    Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon
    ……….Tiote…..Bigiriama…………
    …Obertan………….BenArfa…….
    ………Cisse……Ba…………………
    thoughts anyone?

• 50 Transfer Sage // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Also boom boom

There is talk of arsenal land sahin from Madrid rvp will stay as he is a little happier worth the progress the club are making.

• 51 BOOM BOOM THE 1ST // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

personally i think we will start with jonas on the right to deal with bale in a 4-4-2 formation only my opinion though. have a sneaky feeling we could…………………………………….. ………………………………krul……………………………………………
    santon……..saylor……………..collo…………….raylor……………
    jonas……….tiote………………..cabaye………….marveux……….
    …………………cisse………………ba……………………………………
    only my opinion mind santon links up well with jonas and can play left side so can send bale inside and not be wrong footed i really do feel hes our biggest worry pards has continually said HBA aint ready fitness wise and jonas can double up on bale if required what yous think lads.

• 52 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Swear to god if we manage to pull off this Anita deal then we will have one of the best CM in the PL and we will control games like never before.

I am really excited about this one but trying not to get overly excited. It would be a statement from Pardew that we are trying to evolve our tactics and I can see us really dominating a lot of teams next year.

Tiote bashing, Anita controlling and Cabaye creating. What balance and potential. Marveaux, Benny and Cisse/Ba up top and we have the makings of a super team.

Saylor to stay fit and RB to be upgraded and I honestly see something truly special.

Somebody calm me down!

• 53 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:05 PM

pbNcl,

I’m 20 she’s 19, fairy disgusting comments? I doubt it.. It is banter mind!
    Now I’ll leave it as that,

What time is kick off?

• 54 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

pbNcl hang on theres another police force roaming the blog? :)

Ameobi – bad choice of words caught you out there. Subtle it was not.

Just for the record, I wouldn’t say that because it would be just … wrong.

• 55 BOOM BOOM THE 1ST // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM

jeez even Beaties getting carried away now

• 56 Ewokshatemackems // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM

PBNCL, Ashley’s daughter would get it from someone her own age. Better?

• 57 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The problem with VDW is much more complicated than an attitude problem.

It’s a similar situation to that of Douglas. I think he doesn’t feel challenged in that leauge anymore and is still on a basic wage due to Ajaxs strict contracts for young players.

He was a 10-15 million player 18 months ago and now if we can get him for 4-5 it’d be a steal.

Look how Pards handled Benny. Don’t forget Demba Ba had an attitude problem.

Id prefer Debuchy but I would by no means be dissapointed with VDW.

• 58 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Beattie25,
    calm down. haha

• 59 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I suppose the real question is would you do Ashley if he then let you do his daughter?

• 60 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Aaaahhhhh come on man I’m not a grump : (

Yes ameobi you are horrible. Haha I’m joking. And sorry

Facebook has corrupted my trust in the internet. I’m coming to terms with it

Anita does look a good addition like

• 61 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

hope Anna can sway her dad in getting us defenders.

With her attending games more often, we surely can win the league. Ben Arfa must have seen something, which is why he said he can see us winning the league.

• 62 mattyNUFC // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

AMEOBI

the only thing wrong with your comment is the truth revealed. vulgar, man. ‘busted’ is an understatement

• 63 rainrix // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Beattie .. I am also incredibly exited withe prospect of anita in our midfield. One of our problems last year was we would race into a one or 2 goal lead (norwich wolves everton) play awesome football. And then for some reason we lost the grip on the game and spend the rest on the back foot. Thats not a great way to play really and it did cost us points. Hopefully anita will help us control games much better.

• 64 leenufc // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

hi im new to this blog we will get debuchy and anita….does anyone have any links to the game

• 65 IFC.Toon // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Boom Boom

I hope not… At home why we set our team to combat one player, without modric/Parker they shoul be worrying about us…

• 66 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Oh god man, I’ve stopped! Beattie, for the managers job I would haha

Sorry guys

• 67 hattambenarfa // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Debuchy is a smokescreen. We are in for baines

• 68 fog on the tyne // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

What craic with fantasy league on here? Does it cost to join? Is there a prize fund kitty? Does anyone have link?

• 69 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I think some are underestimating the quality of Anita.

He has that special ability to dictate a game. Slow it down, speed it up, do whatever he is directed to do. Strong in the tackle and quick over the ground. Variety of passes and also knows where the man is.

I watched Ajax a lot last season due to Vertonghen and Alderweiled and I’ll be honest Anita didn’t catch the eye at LB. he was decent but nothing special but when moved to DM In the centre with de Jong and Erikksen he was immense, and as reported the other day Ajax won all there games from that point on.

He plays like an Italian DM, not just tackling but starting the play, finding the pass and eleviating the pressure.

All to many times we had teams battering us. I remember Norwich at home when I had left the blog due to my frustration and this I doubt would ever happen with Anita.

I know people would want m’villa, sissokho etc… But trust me Vurnon is a totally different player and would fit us perfectly.

• 70 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

* there? Their

• 71 ~Debuchery on a Dreamboat~ // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM

A midfield and attack consisting of

~~~~~~~Tiote~~~~~Anita~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Cabaye~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~Arfa~~~~~~~Cisse~~~~~~Marveux

Mouth watering to say the least. However I have my doubts on us signing Anita. X.x

• 72 mattyNUFC // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Beattie

great description of what Anita would offer. He would totally transform our style of play.

The best comparison i can think of for Anita is Michael Essien. He is a deep lying playmaker with an incredible understanding of the game. Calm, composed, and if he does sign, statistically he will probably be our best passer by a large margin

• 73 hattambenarfa // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Pardew wants Baines!!!

• 74 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Well I’d love anita. Defo. Would add another dimension to our already incredible midfield. Given the extra games we will be playing the ability to rotate players like cabaye, tiote, jonas, perch, anita, bigi, ammy, sammy, raylor, obers, abeid and anita would be, just, incredible.

Gives our opposing managers a headache aswell with our versatility. Everybody at the club deserves credit for where we are today. I’m so happy

• 75 Kris // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

No links for the game today? :/

And where have you guys heard that we are in for Baines?

• 76 ToonDownSouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Having told everyone to ‘calm down and be patient’ since the start of the window, I’m actually finding it a little embarassing that with under 3 weeks left we still haven’t made any ‘first team’ additions :|

• 77 pbNcl // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I forgot to add benny : (

Major boo boo there!

• 78 bills-son // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Lads – I still haven’t go my season tickets – are any of you still waiting?

• 79 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Am joining in the droolers over Anita.
    He would be immense for us with Tiote and Cabaye, for all the reasons already given by Beattie, Matty, Rainrix etc.,

but….we still need a commanding CB !!!

• 80 ToonDownSouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

MFH

Do you even think we’re interested in a CB anymore?

I would have thought that with the addition of Good, and Pardew making Tav a CB, we’re probably okay.

(Wince a little whilst reading the word ‘okay’, as I’m not sure we are.)

• 81 HullMag6 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Off topic, but just a thought.

Given the reasonable success by Hope Powell and her team at the Olympics, has the toon ever had a ladies team. Worth a try, tap any resources of the toon ladies.

• 82 HullMag6 // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Ps agree cb is still needed,

• 83 Super Magpie // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Bills-son

No, apparently they’re all meant to be sent out by tuesday.

• 84 Super Magpie // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

HullMag

Yes, we do have a ladies team. They won their league last season.

• 85 peterrwrightt // Aug 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

HullMag
    yes we have a ladies team, one of the players is manager of my younger brothers football team haha, shes doing her coach badges

• 86 Shane // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Mon tha tooooon! :-)

• 87 bills-son // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Cheers Super Magpie.

• 88 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ameobi

That isn’t Ashley’s daughter, that’s a model that launched the nufc lingerie line …

• 89 NUFC_LEAZES END // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM

@magpiesflyhigh

We already have to commanding CB’s in saylor and collo, what we need is a reliable decent CB that doesn’t mind play second fiddle to saylor and collo

• 90 ToonDownSouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

leazes end

For all we know, Good could fit that description

• 91 aussiemag // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

anyone know off any links to tonights gsme at all please

• 92 NUFC_LEAZES END // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM

@TDS

Yeah you could be right, we all know what happened which bassong, he was in the exact same situation as good, when he signed for us after a 1 week trial, he was a young and unknown, but led to become a first team regular :p

• 93 Gateshead-Mag // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

newcastle have a ladies team but im pretty sure they arent part of nufc, they won their league but they cant move into the top league with the likes of arsenal and sunderland for a reason im not 100% on so dont quote me, I think its to do with sponsorship or something

theyre on twitter and ask for people to sponsor each player for the season, strange set up, but worth supporting imo

• 94 Kiwigeordie // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

anyone have a stream?

• 95 dannyhunt // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

ive got 6 different streams for live footy and its not showing on any of them, yet! might just have to get it on the radio!

• 96 NUFC_LEAZES END // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Anyone else hoping that Adam Campbell scores tonight? Could lead to him being a regular part of our cup squads, u never know :D

• 97 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

What time is the game.

16.00 PM GMT?

• 98 NUFC_LEAZES END // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

@jesperfugslang

Kick off in the uk is at 15:00 mate

• 99 Ian Toon // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hatem- it could be Ashley’s daughter and the model who launched the
    Nufc lingerie.
    Sage – stick to being wise and knowledgeable on football related matters. You’ve got a credibility problem as it is.

• 100 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

@NUFC_LEAZES END

Thanks mate ;)

• 101 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hatem’s better than Messi,

I’m going by the picture on a previous thread haha I’ll have a research when I’m home ;)

• 102 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Accirding to L’equip an unamed PL team are in official talks with OM over remy

Heres hoping!

• 103 Ian Toon // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Jesper – Hej. God eftermiddag.

• 104 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

TADS

I don’t want to get you too excited but I think only 1 club in the PL would enter negotiations and remain ‘unnamed’ such is our stealth.

• 105 MagpiesFlyHigh // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

On the CB

Aye, Good and Tav are going to be backup CBs. Maybe if Good comes on quick enough he’ll get ahead of Willo in the CB order.
    I’m still uneasy with Willo coming in after a period on the bench as it took him while to get back into gear last season and we struggled a bit those games.

CBs get injured – it’s high contact. We are going to lose out top paring so need really solid back up.

We also still need a fast CB for playing the high-line, (poss Good?) someone who doesn’t get turned easily and aerially good enough to get Pard’s 6 goals from dominating set pieces. S
    Still need to strengthen at CB imo.

• 106 BOOM BOOM THE 1ST // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

ha ha seems Ameobi is the perv of the blog all of a sudden busted big style.

• 107 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Beattie
    I hope so what a window if we landed anita, remy VDW/debuchy title contenders???

• 108 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hej Ian ;)

God eftermiddag til dig også min ven :)

• 109 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

G-Mag I remember posting their plight last season. Good call.

• 110 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM

TADS

Although it sounds crazy I’d have no doubt that we’d be better than the London clubs and a poor looking Man Utd, so why not?!

It’s unlikely but possible. As we’ve always been told there’s money available if the right player comes along.

Those 3 would cost little over 20 million so who knows? Again it’s probably not going to happen but as Geordie fans we can dream.

People often call us delusional, we are not we are dreamers.

• 111 ToonMauritius // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Inside Football ?@InsideFootball7
    Marseille president has confirmed a unnamed Premiership team has agreed a fee for for Loïc Rémy, this is for certain…. #NUFC

• 112 Gateshead-Mag // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

tsunki

you would think NUFC would take them in to be part of the club, especially now the olympics has shone great light onto the womens game.

aparently our best female talent ends up playing for sunderland as their top dogs for womens football up north……we cant have this!!! haha

• 113 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Cisse, Ba and Cabaye not playing today.

I hive it 2 minutes and 23 seconds before Bambams tells us all theyre going to be sold!

• 114 AMEOBI // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Boom boom,

The word perv is wrong mind mate, I only said she’d get it..

• 115 Gateshead-Mag // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

as not a big follower of other leagues, how do you’s rate remy??

what kind of player/qualities/goal record

• 116 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Interesting news about Loïc Rémy :)

…but I won’t get my hope up before I see him holding up a Newcastle shirt ;)

• 117 toonLYF // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

no streams today lads 100%

• 118 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Hyphen

He’s like Henry in the way he plays. striker/left wing, strong, fast, deadly finisher, great in the air and has tricks a plenty.

It would be insane to see a front 3 of Remy, Cisse and Benny. Dreams don’t get any bigger than that!

As I said yesterday do not underestimate cash up front and if this is true that’s what I believe we’ll be offering and struggling marseille!

• 119 check the toastie // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

We will not sign Remy, it is total unsubstantiated nonsense. IMO we will sign nobody, god knows wot the problem is with getting signings over the line. We are so close to a great team, just a little bit of investment needed, this annoys me.

• 120 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am not sure if it works; the usagoals link didn’t work the last pre-season game.

• 121 toonLYF // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Gateshead mag, as a keen follower of ligue 1, Remy would without any doubt at all, improve our team, allround game i’d have to say he is a better player than Ba, he could score more goals for such a direct player, but he is the player that will always make the run that wins a penalty, or wins you the corner, and has his shot saved and palmed out for the striker to tuck away. Blisteringly quick (would be our quickest player)…basically if it was us that signed him, i would be absolutely escstatic, he can have the number 11 too!

• 122 cyprus // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Interesting link with a nice Newcastle badge re our game vs Atromitos (which means ‘Fearless’ in greek by the way). Their coach is a wily fox, will write more info on him later:

Shows you what publicity Europe can give u, even at this stage. In Greek, will translate for u later!

• 123 toonLYF // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

infact if we signed Loic Remy i think i would cry.

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Beattie
    Dream away son! Really do think 2-3 quality players we would push at least the top 4!

GatesheadMag
    Hes a winger thats slowly been converted to a CF, so can play anywhere across the front 3, 12 goals in 27 games (25 starts) so okay record but has a pass completion rate of just under %80

• 125 eaststandgeordie1982 // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Imagine getting anita and remy signed by tues would be unreal, we need a couple of defenders added to that and we will be rocking, wheres my season tickets im not happy and cant do nothing until tue which leaves 4 days before the big ko

• 126 check the toastie // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

We will not give Remy the wages he could command, end of.

• 127 NUFC_LEAZES END // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM

@beattie25

Good point about marseille struggling and that we can offer cool cash.
    We should just take note of all the cash-strapped teams with quality players and try and get a good bargain out of them

• 128 Beattie25 // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM

If we signed Remy if cry, shit my pants and send cheik the toastie hate mail and finger nail clippings.

• 129 GeordieToon89 // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Would be sooooooo happy if we signed Remy, I’ve wanted him for so long

• 130 ryan toon // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

WHAT A SHIT TEAM WE HAVE OUT TODAY

• 131 Gateshead-Mag // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

ah well sounds like hes the bee’s bollox

too good to be true?? well have to wait and see

also arent tottenham after him??

• 132 check the toastie // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Remy is a little like Obefemi Martins with a brain.

• 133 norwichmag // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I went to the Norwich City v Ajax friendly last week just to have a look at Anita. Did post on here but may as well bring it up again. He only played for 25 minutes or so, but when he was on he played in front of the two CB’s at the top of a midfield triangle, in a reverse of of the Anita/Tiote/Cabaye formation that most people have posted on here. When he was on he held up and distributed play from the back, thus allowing the more attack minded midfielders to push forward, he covered as a last man a few times too. Not the same sort of player as Tiote, much more composed on the ball and didn’t run around in circles, no-nonsense passing… His vision for long and through balls looked really good too.

• 134 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hyphen
    Spuds were after hom last summer, not sure if they still are think he was a redknapp target which prob meant we were scouting remy and floppy chops found out!

• 135 johng5 // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

eaststandgeordie1982

im still waitning on mine and theres more people i know still waiting aswell

• 136 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Check the toastie
    And a passport with his real age on it!

• 137 check the toastie // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Beattie, i will send myself hate mail if we sign Remy. However i remain in the world of reality and if we sign anybody over 5 million pound this window i too will shit myself.

• 138 jesperfuglsang // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Does anyone know what’s the situation with both Xisco and LoneRanger?

• 139 ITUNDERASHELL // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

If you remember lads, Matuidi was a target not long ago and was wanted to partner Tiote in the midfield.
    Pardew knows the kind of playing style he wants and Anita will provide it.
    He will play alongside Tiote and release Cabaye into a more forward creative and attacking role, this is also why we need a quality wingback.

• 140 arroeben // Aug 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Norwichmag- i agree, tiote is more of a tackler than a technical player that anita is. And we all gotta love tiote’s determination whenever he’s on the pitch!

• 141 HarryHarrison // Aug 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Campbell was superb when he came on! Sensational debut and what a way to introduce himself!

previous post: Pardew Humbled To Lead Newcastle Back Into Europe