17 Year-Old Could Make First Team Debut Today

Newcastle’s England Under-17 international striker Adam Campbell could well get his first game in the Newcastle first team today at Cardiff City Stadium in South Wales, and Newcastle play their final pre-season friendly game.

Adam Campbell in action

Adam let everybody know yesterday via his twitter account that he was in the first team squad for the Cardiff City game:

“So happy to be going away with the 1st team tomorrow! It is a dream come true no matter if I get on or not !”

The North Shields-born teenager has only played a few games for the Newcastle  Reserves side, but he is one of Newcastle’s best young players coming through, and along with 17 year-old center-back Remie Streete, who is recovering from injury, Adam could well be part of the first team squad by the end of the season.

17 year-old center-back Remie Streete

We had reported on the two up-and-coming local lads in March, and this is what manager Alan Pardew said about the two of them at that time:

“It looks like it isn’t going to take him too much time to be playing first-team football.” “He’s physically ready, in the next two years he could go straight in.”

“I don’t want to heap too much pressure on Remie, but he’s a calm kind of guy.”   “If you are really confident that you can handle it, then they can go straight in to the first team.”

The young ginger haired striker had this to say to the local press today:

“It is surreal and a dream come true.”  “Hopefully, I can keep on pressing and get my first-team appearance. I have been at the Academy nine seasons now.”

Adam is yet another product of the famous Wallsend Boys Club, and he starred for the U18 side in  Newcastle’s FA Youth Cup run last season.

We expect Adam to start on the bench this afternoon, but he could be brought on at some time in the second half,  and get his first taste of first team football at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Good luck Adam!!!

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

P.s I don’t know if the game is on tv today. You can find some links of Cardif City vs Newcastle United live streaming, but they all are a bit suspicious.. I don’t raise my hopes..

• dmac

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Id love to see him come off the bench, the lad would love it.

• AMEOBI

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The match should be streamed today, just abit unlucky as for hartlepool. Cardiff is total bigger place, always streams at these game?
    Try sportlemon.tv also.

On mike ashleys daughter, anna.
    I sure would bone that hah

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Good luck to the lad.

Be back on later after the Rangers match.

Hopefully there’s a stream of our match….

• Graeme

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Always great to see a local lad come through the system and break into the first team squad. Hope he has a really good début today.

• AMEOBI

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Anyways, what time is the kickoff? 3pm I’m guessing

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I will post a link to a website what has all live games on from around Europe later.

Somebody off here posted it a few months and it is brilliant for all games.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Sage
    When ppl say players like ALAN? campbell is only being put into a friendly because the board has no intention of signing a striker and pards is only putting him as form of protest is just moronic

• Nufc-83

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I dont believe there will be any streams showing the game today.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Tads

It is, but the comment is so ridiculous it hardly needs any response. The stupidity speaks for itself.

I have realised you cannot change people’s opinions when they are so convinced of spmething.

Most here have balanced views but some will not engage, just insult or praise the club when in reality we should see the negatives and positives of everything.

• AMEOBI

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Footballstreaming.info?

• Magpie from Lithuania

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Footballstreaming.info doesn’t have streams of todays game..

• peteb

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

@AMEOBI

Why don’t you keep your comments football related?

Your post 4 is distasteful to say the least!

On a football note it would be fantastic or a product of Wallsend and the Cademy get his first team run out today.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Lighten up peteb

• peterrwrightt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

cisse needs to score today… if he doesn’t, he’s going to demolish spurs. 😀

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Wonder if there any negotiations going on for players we were linked with in January but have for quiet now.

Players like cissohko, pieters, van wolfswinkel, etc.

• pbNcl

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I’ve seen some worrying comments in reference to big mike’s daughter. I don’t know how old you guys are, but she is clearly still a very young girl. Not even 18 I’m guessing. So wind it in. Unfortunate having to read that sort of thing.

• peterrwrightt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

im so excited knowing football is back next weeeeek eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
    sorry for that ‘eek’

• peterrwrightt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

pbNcl
    you haven’t forgotten there is a lot of youngsters on here? i’m 18, we aren’t all 50 +

• AMEOBI

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Peteb,

1 comment wasn’t football related? Point is ashleys daughter would get it..

• kilcline

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Someone get pbNc1 a tissue. It’s banter you prick.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Peter

I am very confident for the spurs game.

They have no Ledley king, vertongen has come in but it will be his first real game for spurs. He may be good but will struggle with cisse and Ba.

They have no Parker as he is out injured.

Defoe is the only striker they have.

Modric is currently training alone and even if he is selected he won’t be fully committed.

AVB is the manager. The original one trick pony. Very good at Porto but did not adapt his style to suite a different team and league when at Chelsea. He pushed senior players out when he had no one better to come in.

I think we could get a confortable win. A lot can change in a week but hopefully we will manage to get a good result to set down the standard for the season.

I guarantee no team will look forward to playing us at sjp and 80% won’t look forward to playing us at their place either.

I know it’s a big if going off recent years but if Saylor and marvoux stay fit and Senegal get beat off the ivory coast so we keep cisse and Ba all year we could be on the coat tails or arsenal going into the final few games and have a good shout for champs league.

• pbNcl

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I’m not 50+ I’m late 20’s. That’s fair enough peterrwrightt.

How old are you ameobi?

And kilcline, any grown man showing that kind of behaviour towards a young girl is clearly not banter. And your calling me a pr1ck? Hilarious, and also very brave of you. Stupid idiot

• HullMag6

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance. Fingers crossed for Remie too, the futures looking bright in black and white.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Also want to point something out regarding Europa league.

Spurs played innit last year and still made 4th in the league.

People say stoke struggled but stole finished 13th when they qualified for the Europa league by gettin to the FA cup final. They then finished 14th last year so it could be argued it had little impact.

Also the extra games are an issue but travelling isn’t. Spending 4 hours on a plane is no different to teams spending 4 hours on a bus going to a game. We are travelling Europe so the the time difference isn’t sufficient to cause significant problems.

• GeordieAnt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM

@pbNcl Actually she’s 19. An article was published a few years ago (2008) in which it says ‘At 24 he married a Swedish property developer, Linda Jerlmyr. The pair have three children, Oliver 16, Anna 15 and Matilda 10’ That was 4 years ago…so you do the math.

• peterrwrightt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

pbNcl
    you know page 3, all them topless ‘young girls’ are only early 20’s, some aren’t even 20, yet you get 80 year olds enjoying them haha

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I’d moderate any comments about MAs daughter off this blog…..but why the ‘arty’ camera shoot then ?
    Maybe she wants to be a model… she should be kept out the blog and let get on with her career. Hope her Dad gives her good advice….

MA & Ranger
    Don’t panic.
    He is only selling replica shirts at an enormous profit.
    Rangers have a massive market for these world wide…even though they will not appear in Europe unless they win the Scottish Cup.

Just a thought. We are on a five year development plan. Having Streete and Campbell be starting 11 by year five has to be part of the whole youth development thing. And then there’ll be Amal, Bigi, Good, Tav, Sammi etc.etc., in this or next season.
    I bet we could put up a team list of the best eleven of our youngsters for season 2015-6 and just know it’d be pure quality and top EPL.
    Imagine a Toon team with 6-7 players come through development with us.
    We’ll not need to worry about transfers once these guys are all good enough for regular starts or about squad depth.

• pbNcl

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Cheers GeordieAnt, appreciate that

Back to football ey

Be good to get anita in, but I sense there’s gonna be more twists and turns yet. Maybe us going in for these dutch lads will put pressure on the dabauchy deal. I hope so. Cos although Van der Wild is probs the better fullback, cabaye’s pal would be better for our team. Morale and all that

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I apologise for the word ‘innit’ it’s this useless phone correcting real words to rubbish for some reason.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

MA & Rangers
    Don’t panic.
    He is only selling replica shirts at an enormous profit.

Imagine a Toon team with 6-7 players come through development with us.

• kilcline

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM

pbNcl is clearly a keyboard warrior virgin.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

@ transfer sage – agree with most of your post but coat-tails of Arsenal my arse we will be lookin at those fcukers in the rear view mirror if they lose RVP i think that will be the straw that breaks the camels back. On Anita i’d love us to get him in cos a left foot and a right foot player in both CM positions offers gr8 balance and i would still prefer us to get a left footed full back and move santon to rb. But were still in a stronger position than last thank god for that.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Pbncl

I have seen little of debuchy or vdv but from comments people seem to rate debuchy much higher?

Do you disagree? Why are the strengths and weaknesses of them? I know they both like to attack but that’s it.

• pbNcl

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Kilcline, I’m not a keyboard warrior. I’m a real man. And I don’t engage in pathetic insulting behaviour over the internet. I’m here to discuss football. I leave my real battles for real life. So I suggest you take your bad mood elsewhere, I’m not biting

• kilcline

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Im off out for an all dayer, suggest you look for a personality transplant online and stop being a mug.

debuchy is better than VDW also, but VDW has alot of potential.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

TS

If VdW is good enough for 35 full caps for Netherlands he’s good enough for us.

Pards is a good people manager and has succeeded with everyone except Ranger, so I doubt any rumoured attitude problems will be an issue.

• pbNcl

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Transfer sage, I’ve gotta be honest I haven’t seen much of them play and I refuse to judge them off football games haha. But Van der Wild is more established and has a greater reputation. Other people will have more information than me no doubt. I would be happy with either, but Debauchy would be better for our dressing room

• GeordieAnt

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

@Transfer Sage. I read that vdW loves himself a bit too much, and won’t throw himself into tackles for that reason. I also read a comparison between him and Santon. Santon has great ability and talent but little confidence in it. Whereas vdW thinks he has more talent and ability than he actually does. I’m not denying he’s a good player…but I’m not sure (if these statements are true) that he’d be too good for team morale…