Anita – Fee Is €8.5M But Wage Demands Above Newcastle Ceiling

Vurnon Anita, the Holland International, is very close to joining Newcastle United, and he has given a number of interviews, telling people that his understanding of the fee is €8.5M, which translates to about £6.6M, and that’s still a great deal for Newcastle for what is a top player – but he has also to agree a wage deal.

Vurnon Anita – very close to signing for Newcastle

So if that fee is accurate, Newcastle have paid just over half of what Manchester City have just paid out for Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell.

You know Anita is good when his manager Frank de Boer tried to keep him at the club, and he was offered a new deal but he turned that down, but we still have to understand that no agreements have been reached with the player on compensation, but that seems the only thing that can now get in the way of his moving to Newcastle.

Anita had this to say to Eredivisie Live this morning:

“The clubs have a deal, I think €8.5M. Now I have to reach an agreement with Newcastle. I have an offer, but I can’t say more about this.” “The clubs have agreed a fee, but I have not,” “I’m still an Ajax player. I think it will be finished soon, but you never know how it will go.

“I have played for Ajax for 13 years, it has been a great time and I am grateful to Ajax.” “Now it’s up to me. But first I want to talk with the manager of Newcastle United before taking a decision.” “The whole picture has to be right for me.”

Ajax manager Frank de Boer also said he was disappointed with the sale of one of his key players at the very beginning of the season:

“The clubs are almost finished with the deal.” “Of course I believe that is very bad. Vurnon is a really important player for us. The season has just started, but there are some things you can’t do anything about.”

Vurnon played what could be his last game for Ajax yesterday in the 2-2 draw against AZ Alkmaar and Anita had this to say to De Telegraaf today:

“The wage I had in mind was above the new salary ceiling.”

It is expected that Vurnon will sign a five year deal at Newcastle, and as reported yesterday, the Tyneside club will review his wages after six months,  and if he’s been a revelation on Tyneside, the club could give him more money, but he will have to earn it wearing  those famous black and white stripes.

That seems fine with us.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

=============================================

• cupiddstunt

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Spreadthetoon from previous

A somewhat trite and childish statement “You get what you pay for” it is a comment that was first coined by salesman who were trying to sell you the over inflated priced bit of junk.

It is a comment that is thrown around on here quite regularly and most often by posters that haven’t a clue but think it backs up what they are claiming.

Check out “goldilocks” pricing and then come back and tell me you still think you get what you pay for.

• Andymax

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I don’t think he was talking about our wage ceiling Ed but the wage ceiling of Ajax.

• Toon73

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM

How many Dutch caps has he had again?

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Come on, sign him soooon!

• tdyson

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

first ! and on my first comment ever too

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Andymax…That’s what I took from it too.

• tdyson

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

hope we get him signed up today, then move on to strengthening the defence

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

He has 3 caps, he played really well last night and was setting up 3-4 chances! He looks good

• Therapyman

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I also believe that it was the ceiling of Ajax that was the problem for him.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

🙂 You get what you pay for.

Andy Carroll £35m
    Papiss Cisse £9m

Hmmmm….walk me through this please?

• Beattie25

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

100% sure he was talking about Ajax and their wage offer!

• cupiddstunt

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Toon73 @ # 3

I went out with a girl some years ago that had several dutch caps in her bedroom but I was never a fan of them. 😉

• iggystinger

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Yeah it was the wage cap at ajax he was talking about bud

• t00ntime

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I’ve heard that ajax have a similiar motto to us with wages, so hopefully he agrees with the 6month test period, if so i’m sure he will make it

O and about cabaye saying no too “is debuchy coming” he probably doesnt know much more then us about our bids and only knows what has happen so far (rejected) also i dont think he wud be aloud to tell a fan if he knew MA was going to bidon a player. Though i must say, it doesnt look good :S

• Graeme

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Ed, He was referring to the new deal from Ajax – Anita would be on more than Ajax’s new wage structure; he wont be earning more than our wage structure.

No doubt he will get a pay rise, but it wont be until he has been at TOON for a good few months, probably at the end of his first season, just like Tiote.

• cupiddstunt

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Andymax @ # 2

Agreed it could be read that way, I hope you are correct in that as he seems a good player and a good addition to us.

• LooneyToon41

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

cupiddstunt @1. Spot on mate, well said and 100% correct.
    @ 12….i’d like to say that was truly a great joke…

but, i can’t… it was terrible! 😉

• gfp13

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

The wage review after 6 months meaning he earns the money he gets is a great idea. This is how it should be done. Players shouldn’t just get massive wages just to get them signed they should get a wage matching some of the squad and earn a pay rise

• markmac

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

andymax & beattie – thats how i read it aswell!

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Guys, have you seen this, it says that once Ashley has bought a share in Rangers, they’re allowed to borrow up to 9 of our players! OUTRAGEOUS! Plus, we have to play them in a friendly,

Mike Ashley is taking the Papiss!

• LooneyToon41

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

@18. gfp13. In an ideal world, i totally agree. But if Liverpool came in for him now, and said… ‘Don’t worry about the review in 6 months time, we believe in you, and will pay you that salary from day 1…, what would you do?

• Beattie25

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I still think Debuchy will come and for one reason and one reason only.

Mike Ashley does not like to be defeated. We are playing the game and I think Ashley and Del Boy are smarter than we think and I’m so glad the are fighting for us not against.

• Bloody Marveauxlous

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

What do you guys think or am I just overreacting in my previous post

• Shedzzzaa

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Obviously talking about Ajax’s wage structure

• martoon

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

GeordieTartanArmy from previous post – Why on earth would Ba & Cabaye be travelling on a train together?

• GeordieTartanArmy

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

my sister and her boyfriend met demba ba and cabaye yesterday as they were on the same train as them. Her boyfriend asked if debuchy was coming and cabaye’s response was ‘no’ and he seemed quite upset about the situation which i reckon means theres no chance of us getting debuchy in this window. hopefully one last attempt is being planned by newcastle as he would be a spectacular signing

• markmac

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

@20 – look at the positives though, 9 young players getting game time AND playing together, can surely only be a good thing! also regards the friendly thats ok we need revenge from last time we played them pre-season as we lost iirc

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Bloody…I wouldn’t read too much in to it. I’m sure there is a clause about loaning players etc, but I can’t imagine it’s as simple as them saying, right, give us players 1-9. Contracts etc will be negotiated as normal, just view it as a fast track. I’m speculating, just wouldn’t believe how it’s put across by the media.

• dmac

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Bloody – they have the option to loan up to 9 players, that doesnt mean they can come in and take cabaye, tiote et al lol clearly these will not be loaned out.

Its a great opportunity for youngsters like fergie.

• cupiddstunt

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM

LooneyToon41 @ # 17

At the time of posting my finger hovered and I did have doubts but I thought what the hell.

But I agree with you it was terrible 😆 😆

• Beattie25

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Overreacting bloody

Having a feeder club is good for us and it’ll be a friendly next season against a nufc 11.

If we are going to have an amazing development squad then they’ll need competitive games. I’d love to see someone like Campbell go up to rangers and do well for a month or 2.

• LooneyToon41

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

@22 Beattie25. I agree with you mate. It’s just a big game of poker, with bluffs, and showing of strength etc. I still think the deal will happen.

• Londtoon

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Yeah likewise on ssn I read this as an issue with Ajax salary ceiling. Time will tell

• Beattie25

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Cabs and Ba would’ve flown back from London.

The scheduels their on means they wouldn’t have time to spends 8 hours on a train.

• dave 1961

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Netherlands tax rate 52% on all wage, uk tax is lower plus players can invest large sums in pension schemes tax free.

• Graeme

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Bloody, someone put an extract from the SFA Regulations on here yesterday which basically says any club can use up to a maximum of FOUR loan players at any one time!!

Not sure why they would ever take 9 from us?? Maybe its for their reserves, but I dont know.

• Beattie25

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Still think also that Tiote will make it.

Ivory Coast are playing in Moscow which would’ve been a flight to London and then 7 hours to Moscow then back again then playing Saturday.

Load of shit these early international friendlies. It should be B teams playing.

• croftus5678

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

@20

maybe you have this in the wrong state of mind! rangers are no longer in the prem and i believe the quality is only just higher than our championship so maybe blooding our youngsters in the scottish league will get them the experience they need with being no threat to harming us in the process

• LooneyToon41

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM

cupiddstunt @30. Ok, i forgive you!!
    @25 martoon. Demba Ba and Cabaye were at the basketball Olympic final yesterday watching USA v Spain. Demba tweeted a photo on twitter. I got the impression that Cabaye bought him the ticket as a present!
    @31 Beattie25. Right again. Business wise it makes great sense for Ashley, and as a feeder club (though i wouldn’t say that to a Rangers fan directly as they are a huge club), it suits us perfectly as NUFC could control the loans, and players would get valuable gametime.