All’s Well That Ends Well – Even In The Transfer Market

It’s not surprising that Newcastle fans are just a little frustrated with the slow progress Newcastle have made so far in the transfer window – as in no players signed yet –  and according to the news yesterday a few of Newcastle top players, like Papiss  Cisse, Demba Ba and Yohan Cabaye have also expressed their concerns on our lack of progress to the powers that be at the club.

Adam Campbell – seems to have awesome talent

But we still have 20 days left in the transfer market and there’s still ample time to get new players through the door, and we have to think that the chances of getting Vurnon Anita and Mathieu Debuchy to Newcastle before the transfer window slams shut are now quite good.

If those are the only players Newcastle sign in the summer we shouldn’t be too bad,  but we’ll have to assume that James Perch and Curtis Good can come into central defense if any two of our main center backs – Colo, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson – are injured during the season,  as Steven and Mike were last term.

There’s also young local lad 17 year-old Remie Streete who could join the first team squad as a center-back, once the 6’2″ youngster is fully recovered from injury.

And it’s hard to work out whether Newcastle will bring in another striker this summer,  after having lost Peter Lovenkrands and Leon Best in the summer, and it seems that Nile Ranger’s career at Newcastle is completely over.

The form of 17 year-old Adam Campbell during his brief cameo appearance at Cardiff City was astonishing, and if this lad is as good as he looked in South Wales, he could also be drafted into the first team squad, and possibly used as an impact sub – but we shouldn’t have to rely on youngsters too much, because they still have a lot to learn.

Haris Vuckic has also showed that he has an eye for goal, and could play in a laid back striker role,  if Newcastle don’t bring in another striker this summer.

Things have been frustrating over the summer, but remember that all’s well that ends well – according to a certain William Shakespeare – so Newcastle can still bring in three good players, and then we should be in excellent shape for next season.

And I’ve just watched Adam’s cameo appearance again on nufcTV – needed cheering up so fast forwarded to when he came on – and he looked just fantastic.

I feel a lot better now. 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Sheikh MagToon

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

We definitely need someone

• LGFUAD21

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

KYO

If you dont like the taste of your Cow and Gate just pretend the spoon is an Aeroplane and your mouth is the landing runway.

Also be careful when climbing in and out of your high chair.

Also make sure your ear a bib. We dont want your brand new Spongebob onsie to get food all over it now do we you mucky pup

• Toonboy_84

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Alright lads. Haven’t been on here for a few days. This Anita talk seems genuine. Any other interesting news I have missed in the last few days?

• woolerbill

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

maybe all the summer signings are in and these kids will be first team backups. just remember who holds the power.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

kyo….Where did you get the spongebob onesie? Can you get them adult size? Would be wicked.

The reason people are on ya back about Obertan is we’re discussing the fact that fan’s haven’t really given him a chance or support. Yes he’s had some games, but that was Pardew supporting him, not most of the fans.

You’re input was, sell him for £3m.

Not exactly in line with the discussion, but you are entitled to your opinion, as are we.

• cupiddstunt

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

LGFUAD21 @ # 2

Is kyo the cryo still here I thought the bellend had gone off for something to eat, he was crying he was hungry not so long ago.

• Sheikh MagToon

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

We don’t want to be like the mackems with desperate late moves in the market. Remember that waster Stephen Ireland? I think we’ve moved on and will get our targets Debuchy, Douglas and either Carroll, Remy or Konate.Rather have the last one mind

• LGFUAD21

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM

cupiddstunt

He piped up a minute ago.

“Why everyone on my back”

I think I may compile a journal of all his posts. He makes less sense than a Dr Seuss book.

• TurkishFan101

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Hi guys! been following this blog since 2009. Just made an account now to join in the fun and to speak to other fellow Toon supporters. Apparently we have approached Nuri Sahin as well and he as rejected as coming out with a comment saying we are not competitive enough for him to boost and develop his career which he’s said the same about liverfool which im not so surprised about. But why would pardew look at another midfielder or even a player like Nuri Sahin where hes wage would be way above ours? Ill put the quote below for you lot to read. This is the whole quote btw:

“I love Madrid. My ultimate goal is to succeed here. I’m a player and a man who does not give up. This is why I’m so hurt by these false reports that the things are in my head and not in my body. I know pain and I know it’s real. ”

“My relationship with Mourinho is perfect. I’ll be honest, he has said, I do not play many games this season and has encouraged me to go temporarily on loan to develop my career and come back an important player.”

“For me it is not the ideal solution, but I understand it.”

As always, Sahin is not hesitant to the offer his opinions.

“If I’m forced to temporarily leave England is a league that interests me. I always teams like Manchester, Arsenal and Chelsea have admired. Tottenham are a good team, and Mourinho has told me that Villas Boas is a very good guy. It would be kind of funny when Modric went to Madrid, and I went to London ”

“I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Newcastle or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs.”

Can’t wait till Saturday kick off against Spurs!! But still worried we have to get CB which is my main concern which has been our priority since the last transfer window and also if we could get a young potential striker along with LB which I think what Pardew has got planned at the moment since he was talking about shifting Santon to RB so maybe we back in for Erik Pieters? Hopefully we get Anita over the line today or before the game!!

P.S Just to let you guys know Ramadan will be finishing this sunday so you will see BA/Cisse/Mehdi back to full fitness levels.

Tesekkurler, HWTL!

• Sheikh MagToon

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Marseilles chairman has admitted that they need to sell players and that Remy would be one they’d agree to let leave. Sounds like an invitation for a low offer – right up our street!

• BigKirky

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

He looks a bit like Dermott O’Leary in that photo. Looks a fine talent from what I’ve seen of him so far.

• lesh

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM

….But we still have 20 days left in the transfer market……

Yes and maybe so but also 20 days to be nine points adrift of the pack and out of Europe to boot.

Might sound like a neggar or pessimist but let’s be realistic – failure to sign good players for the first team during the close season and build on last season;s success, may well cost us dearly and that’s when the rot’ll set in among the current squad.

I hope I’m wrong and am prepared to take the flak and stand to be proven wrong if early season results prove me so.

• mickhall4

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM

his pace is what newcastle need!

• numba9

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

KEVIN GAMEIERO , AND DEBUCHY ARE A MUST ALONG WITH A DEFENDER LIKE MBIWYA . WE CANNOT POSSIBLY GO ON FRAGILE AT THE BACK ITS PANIC IF COLLO IS OUT !!!!! ACTION NEEDED BEFORE LAST DAY DAFTNESS SETS IN

• IITianToon

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

We need to bring Debuchy in; not bringing him in could have a psychological impact on Yo and some of the other French speaking contingent, for a month or so at least.