Vurnon Anita Deal Seems Touch And Go

Newcastle fans have had a tough time of it in the transfer window so far this summer, with Newcastle still having to make their first signing of one of their major transfer targets, and it must have been tough on manager Alan Pardew too.

Vurnon Anita – considering his options …..

But Alan is a very professional man,  and bought in immediately to the way Newcastle are run rather frugally by owner Mike Ashley, but we’ve also been rather successful over the last three seasons or so, and have made some stellar signings in Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse and the like in that time.

Alan Pardew will be involved at the moment in trying to persuade Vurnon Anita to sign from Ajax, and it’s dragging on a bit, but the next step is for Vurnon to talk to Alan Pardew about what his role will be in the side, and that’s fair enough.

With the Dutch International able to play as a holding midfielder or left back, he will have competition from Cheick Tiote and Davide Santon, and he cannot expect to be guaranteed a starting place in the first team, and if he does, then maybe he’s not the right man for Newcastle.

We don’t even know if the lad is on Tyneside at the moment, and we suppose most of it can be done over the phone, but usually in these cases he would visit Newcastle, and everything could be tied up rather quickly if all goes well.

That’s including the discussion with Alan, the wage negotiations and then the medical, and yes I made a big bloomer when I said he had asked for wages above Newcastle’s ceiling and that’s simply not true.

And a number of readers have rather forcibly communicated  that fact to me over the last couple of days – hey – I try my best and sometimes it’s not good enough.

But back to the important stuff, and with Vurnon being  a top player in multiple positions, it makes him even more important to Newcastle, and he would get lots of playing time on Tyneside, but it may be that he wants assurances he would be a starter.

It seems he is still considering his options at the moment, and the good news could break at any time that he has  signed for Newcastle,and that would be simply terrific news for the club, and since  I’m taking my daughter Elaine into Raleigh down town today – that may help  the good news break.

If Vurnon walks away from the deal, that would not be good, but we’d be surprised if at this stage he turns down what is a wonderful opportunity to further his  career at a great club like Newcastle United.

Yes, okay, so I’m just a little biased there. 😀

&Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• keeping the faith

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM

@mickhall
    We also tortured manure at STJ and beat the champions league winners on their home turf.

• mickhall4

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Anita is in the TOON! he is here!

Apparently had stadium tour late last night and is being shown the city today. No medical has been scheduled though which still says to me this is very much up in the air.

The father didn’t fly in with him yesterday, was just him and his agent. Father expected in today though. Not sure where exactly they are staying

• nico

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I’m confident he will sign

• mickhall4

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Typical disillusioned fan that are adding to the one’s i hear in the stands every week.

Everyone goes on about the expectations being too high at Newcastle, because of people like you. Lets get real

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Beattie
    Jeff stelling is absolute quality love him and kammy!!

Mickhall
    Arsenal got routed by man utd
    Man utd got routed by man city
    Spuds got routed by arsenal and chelski
    Man utd also got hammered by blackburn
    Man utd also got routed by us

It happens in football it doesnt mean were miles away from being a top team

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

So basically no news on anita then

• redondo77

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

even with the same team, I’m confident that the team is better than last year, because now they know that they are good enough and can achieve good results. they will be hungrier than last season.

• keeping the faith

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My expectations are realistic and I don’t think we will finish as high or win this cup but until we are out of it I will still hope we do well. Not disillusioned just saying on any day we can beat some good teams.

• pawl250

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I am not too confident this lad will come.

From his fathers comments he would expect first team football on a regular basis. We should be careful what we can guarantee in terms of playing time.

He will have chances though so maybe that alone will be enough. I just have a bad feeling, and I’ve never known a deal after the clubs agree over a fee take this long, UNLESS the players wage demand is an issue.

I dont think that is the case this time round but its odd that he hasnt even had a medical. Especially when we could use him on Saturday if Cabaye, Arfa are out and Tiote is doubtful.

It would allow him to get a home welcome, and a chance to actually show what he has got.

Doubt if he did sign Pardew would play him in starting 11 though, he is very cautious when adding new players and seems to gradually ease them in.

Cisse only played cos Ameobi went off, against Villa and then he the bullet into the top corner to question why he shouldnt play the next match.

Its harder for midfield/defenders to slot straight in though due to the communication element and understanding what you team mates will do at certain times.

• redondo77

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Plus this season we have Cisse from the start

• AMEOBI

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Yuup, no news on Anita. I do have a feeling he’ll sign today 😀

• shear-class

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Anita as left back hes right footed or has no body realised, how many right footed left backs do we need for gods sake so he must b coming in as a midfielder which he may struggle to get in the team

• PompeyJohn

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Although it would be great t get Anita, If he doesnt make his mind up in the next day or two, I think we need to concentrate on more pressing positions ie RB and CH, possibly CF.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM

The all we need is for Ajax to do a Lille on us…

• pawl250

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Would like to see us focus on a cup, and top 10 finish.

Is that too much to ask?

If we dont take the EL seriously this time round I dont think I would like to see us finish in 5th or 6th this season. Rather us aim for 7th.

If we dont take it seriously what is the point in trying to qualify for it? The money? You get hardly nothing for winning it nevermind competing in it!

Infact those that make it through the CL group stages get more money for making it through to the knockout stages than we would for winning the EL.

Different ball game I know, but EL will take alot of energy to win, and it will sacrifice league form it happens to all teams that play in it.

• hoppernufc

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

What the hell is the capital one cup?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

There was a guy on total sport yesterday saying that we basically had two starting elevens,he had Tav as one of the centre backs and RTaylor as the LB in his second eleven,ffs RTaylor is not a LB he done semi OK until he got found out last season and up until a few months ago we all thought Tav was the next best right back who has never played competitevely at CB for the first team,these issues really need addressing before STaylor breaks, pulls,tears or dislocates something,and as for all this talk about Fergie being a LB,where is the evidence.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Most say I don’t know much about Anite other than Boilesen keep him on the bench and Anita forced himself back in the team in midfield.

But hope he’s good though I do feel with a £6M pricetag comes great responsibility and exectations 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

*this tabet keyboard is killing me 🙁

• check the toastie

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Must be so difficult to get these players ‘over the line’, today or never for me, have no idea why the transfer needs to drag on this long. This summer is driving me mad. Seems like everything is a struggle, just get the kid signed man. Its not like we are offering 12 million for Fletcher, hahahahaha.

Anyway about time we had another Debuchy article.

• stu.toon

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Redondo you’re delusional if u think last the same squad can emulate last season.

• pawl250

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Hoppenufc – Its the League cup. Basically Capital One have sponsored the cup instead of Carling.

So therefore no longer the Carling cup but the Capital One Cup!

Wouldnt say no, but if I had my choice of winning a cup we so desperately desire I would want the FA Cup! or EL but that would take more doing and as stated have a toll on our final league position.

• mickhall4

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

We can do well but another few years yet, don’t expect miracles next year. I remember Llambias saying Fat Mike wanted a 5 year plan, he’ll be sticking to it.

I’m not surprised to see us have a poor transfer window but I don’t think the whole debuchy saga is over. Inter back in the frame due to their injury situation meaning Newcastle will need to meet the fee Lille want

And i’m pretty sure from what i read he’d choose Newcastle over Inter

• Toon73

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Wait ! What’s first? Through the door, or over the line ?

• pawl250

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Debuchy as I have stated several times is a MUST!

Cant hack another season of Simpson and Williamson, I’ll have a heart attack.

BUT I do trust the board, and Pardew. They have earned it so whatever they think is best I’ll go along with for now.

Just hoping we sign atleast 1 first team defender this window. Mbiwa, Douglas or Debuchy any ONE (All if I had my way 😉 lol) of them would be welcome in my opinion.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

All this inactivity has taken away the fact that we have already made 5M profit this window,minus agents fees and undisclosed sums.

• martoon

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

mickhall4 @2 – That would be good if true – what is your source?
    Can I just say, having scanned last nights posts, that some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the manner in which you attacked Jimmymagpie. Yes he can be a bit ‘I know everything at my age’ but he quite often posted some interesting posts based on reliable inside information.

• PompeyJohn

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Toon 73
    I think you’ll over the door mat is after through the door closely followed by down the hall, into the kitchen, into the wash house and out the back door into the yard and finally into the shed!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I know because of this ‘bromance’ with Cabaye and a good Euro’s this Debuchy looks like an exciting signing a LB is priority personally I would like both and get shot of Simpson.

• Dannyo

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

It rarely seems that wages is the problem when signing a player. It’s always about the clubs and agents.
    I’m confident Anita will sign.

• hoppernufc

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Pawl – thanks for clearing that up I had no idea it had changed

• JDdubai

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

This Anita deal is the strangest Iv seen for a while.

There’s NO knowledge of where he is that Iv seen, have we even spoken to him yet despite the fee agreed 3 days ago.

Normally there is a sighting or something like that, is there any concrete, definite knowledge that he is in the UK?

Something seems dodgy here…..

• Beattie25

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Anita is either a very intelligent young man with his head screwed on and taking every variable into account before making a massive decision that will affect his future.

Or

His new agent is very clever and has told his to hold off accepting because once it’s revealed nufc are interested a host of other clubs will suddenly become interested and then we can chose which ever gets them the most money.

I hope it’s the first but the longer this goes on the more I air on the side of caution.

• Kyo

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Pards said he expects a signing by the weekend so we have to be patient.

• mickhall4

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

My source is a Man U season ticket holder, gets decent info in the past. He told me 2 weeks ago Welbeck was due to sign massive new contract and I’ve seen he signed it a few days ago.

Initially he said Berbatov, which is believable since NUFC is his english team however he’s text me last night saying Berbatov going nowhere unless transfer which we won’t do due to the policy. He’s stating Welbeck on loan but Everton leading the race, stresses only if RVP signs though.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Need to get him in. He’s 23 and is sure to be a world beater in the future. I’m confident.

He should get enough game time. He has played LB but you can tell he finds it the grave yard shift.

I think he will either form a 3 in midfield, with Tiote and Cabaye or will be be used to rest either of the two.

I thought he Debuchy fee was £8m. But if it’s €8m then I would be very unhappy that we havent gone in and offerred the asking price.

The guy is a french international who showed his world class on at the Euros. £6.5m is not that much for a top full back with international and european experience. Think of who else in a team of that calibre that could be brought in for that amount.

£13m for Anita and Debuchy would be good, economic business. That’s 2 more internationals both with experience of winning trophies and playing in Europe. ANd it would still leave £7m of the rumoured £20m in the kitty.

They can’t realistically expect to improve the squad by spreading that £20m over more than 4 acquisitions. And 3 is about right.

Did anyone hear anymore about Douglas going to Dortmund?
    What was Twente’s valuation? We need another dominating CB. But a full back (either side) and a CM of Anita’s quality are what I would say are the main concerns. CB could be put off until January.

But I will be a bit peeved because spending £20m now is not going to break the bank. We have that money alone without MA putting any money into the club surely. (ATM £17m when you consider Best fee, and wasnt there some money still from AC sale).

I get the policy but there appears to be a lack of haste in our dealings this window. We have a good squad with some good young prospects coming through but we are not there yet. Why not spend £20m now. If we fail to better last season with it, we can either keep on pushing with a more fortified squad, or sell the players. For that money I cannot imagine their value decreasing.

We did great last window but the board cant expect the same. Ba was a very lucky coup that you rarely see. Cabaye was too. And Marveaux (pending forecast spectacular performances).

And PAWL

Fulham did great in the FA cup 3 years ago. Surely we have a better squad inc fringe players than them.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

*EL

• check the toastie

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Feel sorry for Pardew, he has to be such the politician, he must be gutted that Deker hasnt got Debuchy yet, but still has to tow the party line, that we are working on transfers get one over the line ny the weeknd blah blah blah.,

We have needed a quality CB now for a long long time, Pardew has said a s much on the talk ins he’s done, yet he still waits beacuse we cant sort out players agents fees and other bits, what happened to Ashley asking him why he hasnt sorted a bg CB out yet att Xmas time, its all a bit of a joke and is wearing me out.

Lets face it we were going to buy Marriapa in Jan, but haggled over pennies, Taylor last year and haggled over pennies, if those two were now at the club for what 4 million quid the squad wud have been fine. The Debuchy thing has been shit.

• pawl250

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Martoon –

Some people on here actually come on to argue, and insult.

Its just the nature of blogs/forums you always have some that disruptive people. They also think their own opinion is fact.

Although its true some people come here trying to be popular and spout utter none sense with inside knowledge. You do have a genuine few, who wont reveal their source. They tend to be the genuine ones as they dont want their source to potentially get in any trouble.

I have know of someone who has seen the players contracts as it revolves around his job somewhat. I knew Ba had a release clause (didnt exactly spread that out) I do also know he is 35k a week and if he plays in a match gets a 25k appearance fee. This was put in as a precaution to his knee injury so we werent paying 60k a week to someone injured a whole season.

Personally I think all players should have contracts like that. It would make bench warmers actually want to come off the bench to earn money instead of happily sitting picking up 20-30k a week like Smith did, or Harper for all those seasons.

• check the toastie

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

KYO – he has said that for months.

1 2 3 5