Two Managers – Anita Exceptional Player – Newcastle Great Club

This is what Alan Pardew has said today about Newcastle’s first major signing of the season – a £6.6M deal for Dutch International defensive midfielder Vurnon Anita, who can also play in either full-back position.

Vurnon Anita – shows off new shirt – number 8

Vurnon will wear the number 8 shirt at Newcastle and this is what Alan Pardew had to say today about Newcastle’s new signing:

“We’re delighted to secure the services of Vurnon.” “He’s an exceptionally talented footballer with great technical ability, which is exactly what I’m looking at in a player.”

“At 23 years-old, we hope his best years are at Newcastle.” “He has come through the Ajax youth system, which is world-renowned for bringing players up the right way.”

“I’m sure he’ll fit seamlessly into the squad of players we have here.” “Vurnon has done his pre-season, and indeed already played one competitive game, so he’s up to speed and ready to play when I need him.”

And earlier today Ajax manager Frank de Boer had sang the praises of both his player and Newcastle United, as he had this to say in an Evening Chronicle interview:

“Of course he goes to Newcastle United with my best wishes.” “He is one of the hardest working young players I have ever seen.” “He deserves a move to a club like Newcastle United.”

“For me he gave everything during his time here.” “As I say, he gives everything for you.” “He never complained once to me about having to drop back into another position.”

“In training he works like he is playing a game and that it means everything.” “In the one and half years I worked with him he did not stop working.” “That is what has resulted in his transfer to Newcastle.”

“Newcastle fans will see a player who can deal with the game in England.” “He gives 300% for you. He is always concentrating on his game and he never ever gives up.” “He has a bright future ahead.”

Wow – I didn’t realise Newcastle were such a huge club.

Just kidding. 😀

We almost got a little concerned with the announcement being delayed after he had completed his medical, but there’s no doubt in our minds that Anita will turn out to be yet another great signing for Newcastle.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Bring back Jimmymagpie.

• mattyNUFC

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM

blah

• mattyNUFC

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

has anyone seen erik pieters play before? think….steven warnock, but not as fast and without the brute effort SW can sometimes exhibit

he’s really not much of an improvement on simmo

• davybtoon

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

think ill go get the away shirt with anita on the back

• Made a ma beed

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Stuff Jimmy Magpie!

• cupiddstunt

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Nice the squad is really taking shape I think we are going to play some very attractive football in the coming seasons.

And with a bit of luck it will be rewarded by some trophy cabinet contents

• AshtreeKid

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

any1 know if there was any truth in Martin O’Neill apparently saying Anita was their top target?

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

matty

He definitely is. Because he’s foreign, and relatively unknown. That’s how it works.

• cupiddstunt

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

AshtreeKid @ # 7

Now that would be amusing if true

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

matty
    I was a great advocate of bringing in Erik Pieters,but I think this deal today would have quelled any interest in a left sided full back,the question now is does Pards think Simmo is good enough and can he get him to sign a new deal before buggering off for free.

• jayphoto

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM

great statement of intent from the club in how we’re going to try and play this season! Anita is tailor made for on the ground passing, not sure the lad would even know what a 50 yard pass or clearance looked like! for me, next season 4-3-3 with tiote, anita and cabaye in midfield and ben arfa, cisse and marveaux up top!

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

matty

To be fair, Pieters ability to play CB does make him quite a prospect. But I’ve only ever seen a couple of impressive appearances from him, and he’s been troubled by injuries for a couple of years now.

• cupiddstunt

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Jail @ # 10

I would have the shop window add already made out and give him 24 hrs to decide as this has gone on long enough, and we need some selling time.

• pawl250

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

MattyNUFC – Totally agree with your Pieters statement!

Cant see why so many want him to come! Hes a very average biscuit!

As for doubters still not convinced Anita will play midfield as I said maybe first few games or when Cabaye/Tiote combo aint playing. Just dont be suprised to hear “I told you so” when they are both fit and he lines up in the back four!

Although if he doesnt I am not a sour guy, I can admit I am wrong and will be happy to admit my prediction was incorrect! IF he plays midfield when Cabaye/Tiote are both fit.

Just cant see the Silver Fox dropping the Demba duo!

• Valci

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Jay – like i said…with 2 CDM that both look to be starters…4-2-3-1 seems the most likely. Of course you can call it 4-3-3 but when you have 2 defensive midfielders and 1 offensive one that plays further up the pitch then it effectively turns into 4-2-3-1 with the CF advancing to make room for the CAM. At least that’s how i see it…

• woody92

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Great signing, he should do well in the premier league. He’s very strong for his size and as already said possess great technical ability. Bring on Saturday!

HWTL!

• r and r

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Fantastic News !
    Just wondered if he could take corners and free kicks, he could give us
    more options for dead ball situations ?

• Toon73

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Pieters can cover CB mad LB so would be a good signing and although I was originally against it, perhaps get Douglass in too…

• APBWA

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Definately think the formation will be 4-3-3, but unsure of the positioning of the forwards…

Could have ben arfa behind ba and cisse or two wingers…

But GREAT NEWS!!!

• stk85

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM

best thing about our summer signings is that we have offloaded about 150k a week wages and the signings we’ve made are on about 75k a week. great buisiness! we must now be the best run club in the country.

to follow on from a previous comment i reallz do wonder when and if UEFA will ever enforce their FFP rules with Man U spending 50 mill whilst 450 in debt. Shouldnt be allowed in the first place, but this is the way to run a club and we will benefit from this model in the next 5 zears when abramovich and the sheikhs wont be able to invest in theior teams any more, unless UEFA crumble as they usually do.

so now we have cabs, tiote, anita, gosling, vuckic, bigi, abeid in CM, jonas and amal too. sorted for wing options too. full backs i think so too, doesnt matter what happens with simmo now as we have him, santon, raylor, perch, jonas, anita.

would like to see a young solid CB, maybe Good will cover that, and a CF come in.

• rwpoynter

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I am very pleased with the arrival of Vernun Anita and I am sure he will compliment the team. Maybe the petty bickering on this blog may now stop. I do not know why there is aggro towards jimmymagpie but I do know he is older than me and is undergoing treatment for a serious medical problem. He is also entitled to his opinion which as I suspect he is over 70 years old, is based on a lot more experience of watching NUFC than the rest of you. He is also a soulmate of mine as he can remember the first game Ivor Allchurch played for us in 1959 when we beat Everton 8-2. He has also given us so much informed opinion over the years and in my view is a far more valuable contributor to this blog than a lot of the pathetic ‘bitching’ that seems to clog up so much of it these days. Come back ‘Jimmymagpie’ and just ignore them. And if you can resurrect ‘Captain Beefheart’, tell him I miss him too

• Munster Mag

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I agree and hope to see Jimmy back soon.

• bambams

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I fully agree with the grownups on this blog, jimmymagpie has been badly treated and I for one would be happy to see his return. For those who disagree then that’s up to them just ignore his posts and let craic return respectfully.
    Great new signing, hopefully one maybe two to follow and I will be happy. Enjoy all