Vurnon Anita’s Very First Interview With nufcTV

Vurnon Anita was seen arriving by car at the Benton training headquarters and he was accompanied by his Italian agent Mino Raiola, who was talking on his cell phone in English – of course – and Raiola was slightly shorter than Vurnon, and looked a little bit like Mike Ashley – if truth be told – and was in very casual clothes. No it wasn’t Mike in disguise. ūüėÄ

Vurnon Anita – he’s already training today

I have translated the interview form the video, and this is what Vurnon told Rob Scanlon of¬†nufcTV in his first interview, and he answered the questions in very good¬†English, on a par with Tim Krul, whom he has known since they were “little¬†guys”¬†because¬†they¬†played¬†in the Dutch youth sides together.

Here’s what Vurnon said:

“It is a very big club Newcastle, and they did very well last year, and they really want me, ¬†so the step for me was not difficult to make, and ¬†I’m happy to be here now, and yes I hope to make it good here and win some prizes.”

“Last year I watched a lot of Newcastle games and yeah in the past I also watched when Alan Shearer was here, ¬†so I know the history, so it was not a difficult decision for me.” ¬†“It excites me a lot and it’s a big step for me, ¬†because I have been at Ajax for 13 years, so it’s a big step.”

“But I’m happy that I made it, and I hope to play a lot of games of course and win some prizes. Last year they (Newcastle) became 5th place so I hope now we can be in the top four.” ¬†“It’s very important to speak the language, it’s not so perfect but I think it’s going to be good in a few¬†months¬†, a few weeks, ¬†and I’ll keep practicing.”

“I’ve known Tim Krul since we were little guys and we played together in the Dutch teams, so I know him very well ¬†and I think he can help me with a lot of things here.” ¬†“I want to make steps and Newcastle is a great way to do it, and then go to the National team. The Premier League is a much higher level than the Dutch League, ¬†with better players so I can improve myself also.”

“I’ll be ready on Saturday if the trainer needs me – I will play.” ¬†“I think Alan Pardew is a great manager and he did very well last year also, and it was a nice talk and I am happy to work for him. He told me about the club, and what they want with me and what positions they want me to play in, so it was a great chat.”

“I most enjoy playing the midfield position, but I can play on the left or the right side as a full back, but my main focus is on midfield.” ¬†“I like to pass the ball and ¬†win the ball a lot, ¬†and in the midfield to make the play – I am little (he’s 5’6″) but I can get back.”

“They are great fans and they support the team, they are great supporters so I am happy to play for all the supporters.” ¬†¬†“For myself I think to play a lot of games and improve myself, ¬†and for the team to win a lot of games and play in the Europa League and finish in the top four.”

“When I am not playing, I like to relax and play Playstation and have fun with the guys.”

This lad comes across as a level headed youngster, and he was  smiling all the time during the interview, and we think he will soon become a great favorite on Tyneside.

What came across is that he prefers to play as a defensive midfielder rather than in either full-back position, but his best chance at a first team starting position is probably at one of the full back positions, Danny Simpson and Davide Santon watch out, and he could become  a regular in one of those positions in very short order.

Again, Newcastle have done their homework on the character of the player, and he seems very poised and straight  forward,  and  his former manager Frank de Boer at Ajax has said he is one of the hardest working footballers he has ever met.

He’s¬†going¬†to be a¬†tremendous¬†signing for our club.

If you¬†have¬†a subscrioption to nufcTV here’s a link to the¬†interview¬†– or you¬†can¬†sign up for a subscription – it’s well worth the money.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Can’t wait

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Great signing, hope he settles quickly and produces for us in the same way he did week in week out for Ajax

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Pardew would be happy if the transfer window closed today, so maybe out business is over and done with

• toonLYF

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

over patriotic english people are funny. They should go back the fcukin 40’s.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

JB

What Pardew means is – ‘We do need one more, but if I’m not allowed one, then I’ll pretend we’re fine’ ūüėČ

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I can’t wait. Why can’t it be Saturday already?

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM

TDS

Thats exactly what I was thinking mate ūüėÄ
    Pardew is the master of putting on a brave face

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

ENGLISH PLAYERS

You’re a grown, 45 year old man, making personal insults and mum jokes over the internet.

If you took serious offense to a sarcastic *face palm* comment, then grow the hell up man.

As for the line about your name, I was pointing something out that became perfectly clear very quickly. Your name provoked a lot of responses, very few of which related to your original point. It was in no way a ‘personal attack’, sorry if you took it that way.

However, ‘personal attack’ ? It’s your name on a blog for christ sake. Once again, grow up.

• thepict

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

@4 And what pray tell me is wrong with being proud of your country?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Good afternoon one and all.

Everyone still in good spirits? I for one am happy as can be. First team signing and working internet again. I appreciate the latter may be disappointing to some on here and this may have an impact on my original question.

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Does anyone know what undisclosed fee means? Because on sky sports news where it tells you wo we’ve signed and how much we payed for the player, it says undisclosed fee for Anita. It reminds me of clubs getting into debt by signing a player they can’t afford, let’s hope am wrong and we can actually afford the player.

• toonking

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM

JB
    what is is saying is, right fans i have managed to sign anita who can play in a selection of positions so although i do want a CB knowing we can’t risk saylor in cups due to how injury prone he is, while colo getting involved too often, he will end up tired. please don’t get to hyper with stories which are not official and i will try my best to talk ashley into allowing a CB and debuchy if simpson does not sign this contract he has offered

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

WWYCD

Like you said, they’d cost the world! I know that you’ll say ‘it’s not my money, so I don’t care’ – which is obviously fair enough. But there’s no way the club could actually afford that.

proudtobageordie

Yeah, that seems to have been over looked by a lot of people mate. I’d be pretty confident in an Ivory Coast win, judging by Senegal’s performances when I’ve seen them! And welcome to the blog ūüėÄ

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM

TDS…Who are you upsetting? Geez ūüôā

On Pardews comments, I think he means he’s happy who we’ve got in and more happy that we’ve kept the team from last year. I’m sure he was as worried as us that someone may be subject to a high offer.

I always thought it was more important to keep the current squad than to add to it, although getting new players in would help us progress. So, happy days, right?

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

toonking

I know mate, Pardew is just covering his bases so to speak, I still think we will get another 1 or 2 players signed before the window shuts

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

LEAZES END

Haha, no worries mate – it’s just the clubs policy to not tell everyone the fees we’re paying. We like to keep things private!

Someone said that in the Netherlands, they HAVE to disclose the fee if it’s over a certain amount – and apparently we paid around 6.5 million euros.

• WWYCD

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Love his broken English haha seems a good lad but really what else is he gonna say in his first interview at a new club?

I would also like to admit I maybe take for granted Pardews pull to players he won manager of the year twice last season and has a rep for looking after his players well through injury and allowing them time to adapt to games instead of throwing them in and shattering them (I do think he messed up with Obertan last season though). Fair play to ya Pards u silver fox u

• rainrix

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, dont listen to a word pardew says regarding transfers. He’s lied in every transfer window which is a good idea imo. Keep your cards close to your chest so to speak ūüôā

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Your fault Ibiza…

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

We need at least 3 more new players in. We need Debuchy, Douglas and a top class striker in. Ba and Cisse can’t be expected to play all the time.

Not signing at least 2 defenders would be suicidal.

There’s no chance we will finish in the top 4 if we don’t strengthen further.

We’ve already made bids for Carroll, Douglas and Debuchy, so why can’t we sign 3 more players?

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

WWYCD

On nufctv, he actually speaks English pretty well – he just repeated himself an awful lot, and seemed quite nervous. Ridiculously smiley though haha. Obviously, everyone coming in is going to have the right character for the dressing room.

I think he messed up a bit with Obertan too.. It’s almost like he thought that if he just persevered, eventually Gabby would start firing, and he’d win everyone over. I feel bad for the guy. When he scored that goal against Bolton, he just looked so depressed!

• IFC.Toon

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if he is lying about injuries as well I reckon he wanted his special players for some extra work

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Belfast…Well I didn’t doubt that mate, was just wondering what was going on? ūüôā

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I think Pardew has basically learns that unexpected things can happen in the transfer window fir the whole Carroll situation. He said we won’t sell him but then a big unexpected offer came in and he was sold which made Pardew look bad. So now Pardew now is very cautious as to what he says.

• naptoon

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

hope jbs right we could still do with a cb and cf.
    anita could be another gem anyone see him against norwich

• ginkoh

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

– Our current three top MF
    Anita Cabaye Tiote
    – Back up MF
    Jonas Gosling Amalfitano
    – Future MF
    Bigirimana Vuckic Abeid

• BelfastMagpie87

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM

We need a centre back,full back and a striker..

3 players and were sorted!

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I remember many instances last season when Pardew said a certain big player like Tiote or Cabaye or BA was a big doubt buy then they ended up starting the match.

• WWYCD

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

TDS
    True they would cost the world (though I reckon a few would be in our range if their contracts are in our favour) but I will add ur asking a blog to pick players I would hope our scouts watch more English football than me haha but I do wonder if our scouts are told to look around England these days…France and Holland seem to be targetted and mark my worlds the Asia world will be looked into closely very soon

• kt97toonarmy

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

well its about time we get one of these young talents through the door but i agree with ketebia9 that we need 2 defenders definatly

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

We need to get Debuchy or Cissokho in as I don’t want to see Danny Simpson ever play a game for us again.

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I think CB had to be a top top priority nOw.

• WWYCD

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

TDS
    Oh does he? Maybe its just cos this is written down that am getting that feeling. Tbh I have looked at those photos of him and he looks a very jolly chap haha no Cabaye like ūüėČ

Yeah true coming form Man Utd and slotting straight into our first team was never going to end well though. I actually like Obertan (for a middle of the road winger, hes not amazing but hes not crap) hated it when he was booed complete joke that was

• IFC.Toon

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Anyone notice a pattern of idiots appearing on the blog over the last week ? Not mentioning any names ūüėČ ( Pawl, English Players, Hatem Ben Farta)

• JackButler

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Kets – Simpson is now where near as bad as you make him out to be.
    Is he world class no but he’s not sub standard as you seem to believe he is

• kt97toonarmy

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

louis saha is a flippin idiot hes gonna get alot of stick when he comes up here in his new shirt

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I need a drink.

On English players…..It would seem that we needed to build a competitive team. That is easier when buying from foreign leagues. We will see the emergence of young English players through the academy over the next 2, 3, 4+ years. Whilst also buying foreign players too, eventually giving us a nice balance.

For now, I am happy with less Englishmen. The more successful we are as a club, more and more young English talents will want to join in. Sounds simple enough to me ūüôā

• WWYCD

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

ginkoh
    I wouldnt have Jonas as a back up tbh he is proven in the league and constantly one of our best players Anita is back up until he can claim that as far as am concerned

After last season I would drop Tiote before I dropped Jonas but that might just be me

• keeganjr

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

agreed.. fullback,centerback and a striker.. it’s a must.. then i think we can challenge for top 4

1 2 3 10