Why Liverpool Are Facing A Dilemma With Andy Carroll

We’ve been wondering lately whether Newcastle are still interested in signing Andy Carroll back from Liverpool, and news in the Evening Chronicle today suggests that Newcastle may have to pay much more than they have offered, to get the Gateshead-born striker back to Newcastle.

Andy Carroll – only wants to join Newcastle United

The paper is reporting that sources on Merseyside have said that the  current loan offer for Andy that Newcastle tabled about four weeks ago, will not be enough to get the Geordie lad back to Newcastle.

Well we kind of knew that, but it seems that Liverpool are letting Newcastle know if they come back in with that same offer, maybe on 31st August,  it will be turned down – again.

The Daily Mirror are reporting that Liverpool want £17M for him – no chance.

But it appears that Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew are still keen on bringing Andy home, but Liverpool have a problem with Andy, and if they keep him on Merseyside and don’t play him much they will be rightly criticized.

If they are not going to use Andy then they owe it to the player, who is currently starting in the England side, and is a much better footballer than he’s been given credit for, to let him play at some other club, and with Andy letting everybody know that the only club he will leave Liverpool for is Newcastle United, than that gives us some good leverage with the deal.

We still think Newcastle could go in for Andy on the last day of the transfer window, and Liverpool will then have a decision to make – the ball will be in their court so to speak.

And if they refuse Newcastle’s offer there is a downside, and that is Andy could be on the bench at least through January, and the club will be seen to be not playing fair with Carroll, who by all accounts is being a model professional at Liverpool.

Newcastle have a pretty good hand to play to get Andy back home, but Ashley will definitely not overpay to get him back.

It seems that Newcastle have bid around £13M to bring him back for a season long loan deal,  and then with an option to buy him back next summer, but we don’t think we should, and don’t think we will go much above that £13M   figure.

So that’s the current situation, but it does seem like Newcastle still have an interest in getting Andy back, and in the negotiating game,  could have put themselves into a decent position – with Andy’s help.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

not interested

• pawl250

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Repost from previous article –

When people are faced with question “Why isn’t Ba in your starting 11?” they say “Because him and Cisse will be rotated”

If any players on the pitch need rotated it would be the hardest working ones. In this statement everyone should come to same conclusion that Tiote, Jonas and Cabaye were our hardest working players last season.

So in this 4-2-3-1 you would imagine Cabaye, Tiote AND Anita will get tired, so wouldn’t they need rotated not the striker.

Then who will you replace them with?! Surely it would severely weaken the team compared to rotating Tiote and Anita? and perhaps Cabaye and Gosling.

This would be a better way to manage the team to save fitness! If thats your only excuse to leave Ba out then sorry but its a poor one!

He was our top scorer last year, and people would have been crying had he left in the summer?! Why if he isnt even in your strongest 11?! Retards!

• Shane

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I second ROSHAN MAGPIE!

NOT… INTERESTED.

• Shane

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I second ROSHAN MAGPIE!

NOT… INTERESTED

• mickhall4

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

This isn’t going to happen unless Liverpool drop the value, we offered top offer last time a didn’t budge. West Ham met the valuation and that was 7m more than us.

I commented yesterday that we were after Iraola and Muniain, looks as though there is some truth in this. Been told Debuchy won’t leave Lille until Jan earliest therefore this looks like a panic buy! Iraola is 29/30 and will cost around 2m. The raid on Bilbao is because of the players wages being stupidly low and financial crisis in Spain

• Beattie25

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

This is one of those odd caseswhere the closer to the deadline we get the less his value becomes.

Liverpool will be eager to ditch him to free up more funds so I think cone deadline day he’ll be available for 12-15 million.

Nobody seems desperate to buy him and Rodgers seemingly wants him away so watch this space.

Although Remy is infinitly better!

• Munster Mag

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Mickhall, I cant see us getting Muniain…..surely far too pricey. When you say that it looks like there may be truth in this – on what do u case that statement?

• GFH

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Not interested , don’t see it as a positive move.

Paw 1250 . Its a shame you added the “retards” comment to what was otherwise a fair opinion . In my view that devalues the post.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Jesper….What’s wrong with mushy peas?

Charlee…Wimmen? Is it true? We have female’s on the blog? Let’s keep it all above board boys 😉

I do hope you’re right, 2 signings would be amazing 🙂

• steveno7

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I would rather have loic remy to be honest .

• Sambo from belgium

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Does anyone think Pardew went scouting with Carr last night? There were a lot of friendlies. I spotted Moyeson the tribunes of Belgium-Netherlands. Apparently he was watching Mirallas

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

steveno

id rather have ronaldo but cant see either of our players coming in

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Pawl…I agree with GFH here. I get you often get a lot of opposition on here with your views, but that wont help your cause.

On Cisse vs Ba. I don’t think anyone is writing Ba off at all. You are completely right, he was our top scorer and this all came from the first half of the season. Freshest in our memory is Cisse’s exploits and honestly, 13 goals in1 4 games in incredible. Would it be fair to assume on this basis, had he had a full season like Ba, he would have been top scorer?

Either way, for me, whenever I post a line up I say Cisse / Ba – Not stating a preference, but indication rotation….but that’s because I’m a fence sitter with no real opinion 🙂

• AMEOBI

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Agree with you Pawl.
    You can’t drop Ba for marveaux, Pardrew will sort some formation to keep them both happy and score some goals no doubt about it

• to0n

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I reckon we should put a cheeky bid in for chicharito now that man u have van
    Persie, he’ll cost a lot however I reckon he’s worth it

• mickhall4

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

@Beattie25
    Am I still full of shit after I called Anita yesterday???

I know people who work in the offices and some physio staff that do contract work for NUFC. I can’t guaruntee anything, I’m saying we’ve made enquires that doesn’t mean we will sign them.

I called Enrique and Xisco when they moved away from NUFC 4 days before it happened and received FB messages asking how i knew. This info was spot on and the Bilbao story is from exactly the same source

• ToonIcon

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I see a lot of posters on here want us to go for Hernandez from manure with our track record of signing players of them i’d be happy if we never sign another from there ever

• LGFUAD21

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

mickhall4

Really? I still cant believe it. But for £2m I would have Iraola. Little sell on value but he will do a shift.

On Carroll. NO THANKS.

Nothing to do with him leaving us in the first place. It’s the wages and the fee. Far better value in the market. Beattie says Remy. Yes he is a far better striker but also a completely different one.

I’d take Toivonen over Carroll. Just as good in the air, better on the ground. More mobile, cheaper and a better finish on him.

We need options, Toivonen gives us more options. We already have to guys that can use their head and poach. If we bring in a striker I’d like to see one that could do more with his feet, take people on, get more involved with the creativity of our midfield. For me this is Toivonen or Remy out of people we have been vaguely linked with.

Hoillett would have been this option. Can;t understand how we didnt make a bigger effort to bring the lad in for that low a fee. But said before, he is an idiot for going to QPR. Likely swayed by money. Had he stayed put im sure Spurs or us or someone else would’ve come in for him. We may not have offered the same wages but at his age we could offer him European football in a bigger club, with better players. He could leave in 4-5 years for the big pay day.

• AMEOBI

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

That’s for Ba and Cisse

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I also agree that Pardew has said they will both be played. IMO that’s a mistake. We have 3 recognised strikers and loads of games over the next few weeks, surely we should be playing 1 up front and rotating them? I also trust that Pardew knows a little more than me, so time will tell.

• Valci

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

repost:
    Jesper – i wasn’t offended of anything. Nothing in what you said came off and disrespectful and even if it did i have thick enough skin to take it. Hell my defense of Andy Carroll has caused me trouble but i’m not one to “quit the blog” or such nonsense. Anyway…whoever we decide to sign i will support. I was just offering arguments for my opinion on a potential signing however misguided that opinion may be. As for the rest…i don’t think i’ve ever slated anyone for claiming to be ITK…normally i just treat such statements with skepticism but there’s no disclaimer needed with me.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

What good is Carroll back here; we play 4-3-3 with either Ba or Cisse as our lone striker.

How would it help Carroll and his England career to sit on our bench?

…is it that much better than the one in Anfield 😉

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

can anybody genuinely tell me what all the fuss is about loic remy cause anytime i’ve seen him play he hasn’t looked good at all i fail to see his quality but then again that sometimes happens for whatever reason.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Pawl- your completely spot on about rotating players

• Beattie25

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Yes Mick hall you are full of shit!!

You said he arrived on Tuesday and had a stadium tour that night contrary to reports hebareoved on Wednesday for a medical.

Somebody is lying.

• Valci

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Jesper – we also played 4-4-2 a lot last season…who’s to say we will play 4-3-3 this season?…none of us really know what Pardew has in mind.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Ibiza…I cannot seem to get those mushy peas out of my mind 😉

…when ever I order food I wonder if a side order of mushy peas would go well with it 😉 lol

• Beattie25

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

If we sign Munian then you can choose which ever name you like for mr and hence from that day I’ll be called it.

Even if it’s ‘the bitch of Mick Hall’ I’ll use that username forever.

Quick question what was it like in Hollyoaks?

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

for saturday id like to see ………………………………………………. …………………………………………………..krul……………………………..santon…………saylor…………………collo………….anita……………jonas………….tiote………………….cabaye………..marveax……………………………..ba………………….cisse……………………………
    .im drooling here man balance goals pace strenght all over the pitch. thats just my preference im sure others will have their own.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Jesper…Whose to say we’re playing 4-3-3. If you look at the stats from last season, we mainly played 4-4-2 (this was from wiki, so apologies if it is way off 🙂 )

From reports Pardew wants to play both Dembas together and not have Ba on the LW, so that leaves us 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, unless I’m missing something?

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Valci…please don’t say that, I am afraid enough that AP would play 4-4-1-1 ala the game against Cardiff 🙁

…it gives me shivers already 😉 lol

Pardew is an enigma isn’t he? 🙂 …a Pandora’s box!

• Nick 69

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I wish people would stop moaning about which formation we’re going to play, because quite obviously, as last season, we will play multiple formations. Pardew takes each game as it comes and picks a formation to fit that game and the opposition.

• ashwin say's

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

still about to sign….
    oh god!!!

• mickhall4

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

@Beattie25

He arrived Tuesday night, some taxi driver called it on here before me and he was right. Father arrived Wednesday morning, some sort of discussion went on then agreed it was right so medical was scheduled straight away.

You don’t know what your talking about! I called it just face it you little junior magpie

• Valci

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

jesper – hehe.Indeed. I also hope we get rid of the 4-4-2 model and it’s variations but i think we might go 4-2-3-1 this season as opposed to 4-3-3…of course switching between these two is not overly difficult depending on the scoreboard so who knows…the more fluid the system the better i think.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Nick 69 – You mean, there wont be just the one formation? What a waste of time this has been 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Ibiza…you’re probably right about that 🙂

…but I seem to remember Pardew said something about wanting to play 4-3-3, but didn’t think at the time he had the right balance in the team. Does that ring a bell to anyone or am I imagining things? 🙂

What does the stats say about choice of formation after we signed Papisto?

If the last part you wrote is right, then you just ruined what was supposed to be a lovely Thursday for me 🙁

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Jesper…Firstly, it’s Pardoras box, secondly, mushy peas go well with everything, finally, please don’t take any of this comment seriously, you will be greatly disappointed

• mickhall4

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

@Beattie25

Hollyoaks was crap but the 2k every friday was good. Double my wage at Oldham 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Jesper….Cisse surely wont make or break the 4-3-3. It’s how you incorporate both him and Cisse that worries me.

As Nick says, there will be many formations, many different starters, etc etc.

Not one miracle team / formation to take the league by storm.

Don’t worry, be happy 😉