Anita Rejected Sunderland – Newcastle Play Wonderful Football

It’s great that we finally got Vurnon Anita through the door yesterday with the good news being announced in the early afternoon, and after a number of interviews yesterday Vurnon has elaborated on some things, and has verified that Sunderland were also after him but he chose Newcastle because the philosophy of Newcastle is great and the team plays some great football.

Vurnon Anita – training yesterday

Anita had asked to have a talk with Alan Pardew to discuss tactics and how he would fit into the side, and that meeting seems to have gone really well, as Vurnon had this to say:

“I wanted to speak to the staff first.” “I heard the philosophy of the club and it was great to hear. I’m very, very happy to be here. They showed me a video and it was good to see. The team really wants to play attractive football and that’s my style.”

“Sunderland also wanted me but I chose Newcastle because they really wanted me and they play wonderful football. I like to be a play maker. I’m little but I can be very tough on the field and, if the coach needs me to, I can play anywhere.”

Ajax coach Frank de Boer yesterday talked in lyrical terms about how good a club and how good a team Newcastle have, and said that if Anita was going to move from Ajax, Newcastle was a great club to join – we agree with that. 😀

And Alan Pardew has returned the compliment, by saying that any player coming through the world famous Ajax Youth Academy is going to be an excellent technical player, and Pardew could see that immediately with Anita when he started to training with the lads:

“When you come through the Ajax system you have to have technical ability, trust me.” “Watching his passing this morning, you could tell he is at the level of our top players. We want to build on what we did last year and control games.”

“If we’re going to do that we need the ball and Anita is definitely going to help us on that side. He’s also a top character.”

Vurnon cost only £6.6M, and we say only because this lad has every chance of turning out to be another great buy for the club, and we should see him in action against Tottenham at home tomorrow, at some point in the very important first league game of the season.

A win would be an excellent way to start the season.

• I I I

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Scientifically doesn’t mean Emotionally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYzYkbNNJD4

• ashwin say's

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:55 AM

now gear up for 2 more transfers…….

• ashwin say's

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM

in other words one down 2 to go
    and yesterday
    twente owner said they need to sell in order to buy a wing back as manager of twente demanded for better season

• GeordieToon89

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Sorry but even Southampton are blowing us out the water with transfers, agreed an £11.8million fee to sign Gaston Ramirez!!!! We should be in on that.. Can play wing or uptop behind the striker and has unreal skill,pace and shooting accuracy and power

• davo

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I read that and I think I just fell in love. Welcome to the best club on earth Vern.

• Rossy G

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Gaston Fernandez to Saints…..really??? Fair play that’s a real coup.

QPR though superb window, some great signings….Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelson, Hoilett, A Johnson.

• yorkshireToon

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Never seen him play but I have every faith he’ll be another Carr gem! Is it the end of August that douglas gets his citizenship or 1st of September?
    Can anyone verify that..

• Valci

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM

GeordiToon89 – don’t think we are going to buy players in positions we already have covered and atm we have enough wingers… it’s been discussed to death already too. If we get a replacement for Simmo (although i’m happy with him if he signs a new contract too) and a striker we should be ok at least tim January.

• pardews plan B

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM

@yorkshire 25th august i read.
    @gt89 southampton got a good un there. Couldn’t see us paying that though.
    But that said the board could surprise us

• davybtoon

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Toivonen n Douglas/mbwia b4 window shuts

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Ian toon
    I had read your post at 12 i was just curious as to this turf im supposedly trying to start?

• toon1707

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I wonder if they paid for his flight for us

• charlee71

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM

. I filled up when a read this, and have even more respect for Frankie de Boar. So proud to be a bloody geordie lass! And, why do you all think we Will still get Douglas? Someone please explain that one to me cause It Aint gonna happen

• Toon73

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM

@Charlee71 re Douglas

He can cover CB which is a key position we are lacking depth in…and his going rate is 5mil pounds (cheap)

• ForeverToon

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM

A joyful comment from an apparently good bloke. Long may you flourish in nufc. You made a commendable choice. Not only are we the best team i. The northeast, but in the world, and i say this with a straight face and every boldness in me. We are the best. Anybody with a contrary opinion, can join the mackems.

• charlee71

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM

@Toon 73
    Do you honestly think we are still after him? I honestly dont think he’ll come. He said himself he hadn’t heard we were after him. Im hoping am wrong as I have been watching him and he would be a force to be reckoned with.

• waallsend-lad

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Im with you charlee..one very proud geordie (along way from home tho-west oz) ..think he’d fit the bill,got my hopes up,he’s a big strong lad,got the goods,right price etc,but afta reading his statements i really cant see him coming