Injury Update On Newcastle – Who’s Available And Who Isn’t

It seems that Alan Pardew will wait almost until almost the last moment before he decides which team will be led out by Fabricio Coloccini at St. James’ Park tomorrow, to face a strong first test in the first game of the season against Tottenham Hotspur.

Cheick Tiote – should be fit to start tomorrow afternoon

Here’s the injury situation with some of our key players as we understand it:

• Hatem Ben Arfa has picked up a knee injury and will not play tomorrow or in Athens, Greece on Thursday night against Atromitos.
  • Cheick Tiote was held back from joining up with the Ivory Coast in Moscow on Wednesday, and is now expected to be fit, after recovering from a slight calf injury
  • Papiss Cisse  is doubtful but trained yesterday and could start tomorrow
  • Demba Ba is also rated a little doubtful, but also will likely start the game tomorrow
  • Yohan Cabaye lacks match practice still, and could possibly make the bench tomorrow, and get a run-out for say 20 minutes tomorrow
  • Fabricio Coloccini is fit and didn’t play for Argentina on Wednesday so is expected lead out the lads tomorrow

With Shola Ameobi in such good form, we wouldn’t be surprised if Shola starts the game tomorrow, even if both Senegal strikers are fit.

Alan said he would sleep on his selection alternatives tonight,  before making some decisions, and this what he told the Shields Gazette today:

“I’ll sleep on it – I haven’t got a team in my mind yet.” “We haven’t had any team play yet because Colo was away yesterday. We all know our roles, but I haven’t picked the team.”

“We’ll play Tottenham, and then we’ll take stock of Greece.” “We need to be right for Chelsea.” “We’ve already scheduled a meeting on the different scenarios and how we’ll approach it. There are different scenarios for different results.”

Alan Pardew will now get some good experience as a manager navigating Newcastle in the Europa League this coming season,  and he gets his first taste of that next Thursday night at Atromitos in Athens  Greece.

But of course John Carver has spent a few seasons with Bobby Robson helping Newcastle become  quite successful in European competition, so his experience should be a big help to Alan.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• lesh

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Now that injury list should give AVB something to think about…… nice one Alan!

• Andymax

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

“I’ll sleep on it – I haven’t got a team in my mind yet.”

lol leaving it a bit late aren’t you Alan.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

As much as I like England to win I’d rather have notseen Defoe score the other night.

• BOOM BOOM THE 1ST

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

YO……..jESPER please stop writing yo as im finding myself reading your posts in this crazy African American accent YO THAT SHIT IS FCUKED UP and yo i dont mean no disrespect ya’ll

wrote that on last thread but my peeps had all moved on.

• ToonAndy

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

For the people who believe we’ll only be playing two of Cabaye, Tiote and Anita at any one time, I have to disagree… I believe this is our strongest team at present…

————————KRUL——————–

SIMPSON–SAYLOR–COLLO–SANTON

————–TIOTE———-ANITA———–

———————-CABAYE——————-

BEN ARFA———————MARVEAUX

———————–CISSE———————-

Either that or have Jonas left back and move santon over to the right…

That team has the perfect mixture of attack and defence…

• ajcrawfs

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

has anyone seen the bbc’s league predictions!

we are down in 9th! with liverpool, everton and villa ahead of us!! what is phil mcnulty smoking!

• Super Magpie

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

If Williamson starts over Colo, I fear the worst. Sorry, but that’s how it is.

• Kyo

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I hope YO is starting tomorrow.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Alot of clubs are just like us. Waiting till the last minute to pounce on a good deal. I think our Debuchy saga will drag on till the window ends. I got a funny feeling he’ll arrive right on the dot at deadline.

At the same time, we shouldn’t think that all our players will be with us. Cisse is the most likely to leave i think.

• Super Magpie

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Ajcrawfs

Link? Liverpool and Everton could finish above us, if Europe seriously hinders our league form. But Villa!!!

I can see them finishing around 15th/16th again.

• davybtoon

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Seems hba ain’t that bad trained yesterday as did tiote cisse n cabaye

• Munster Mag

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Toon Andy,I’m not sure that team has enough goals in it. Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Cabaye wont score that many, and if Cisse is well shackled, we could have a problem. I think we are losing sight of Ba far too quickly ( the guy was a God in the first half of the season ) and I think you will see a lot of 4-4-2 this season. You will certainly see both Senegalese players on the pitch a lot at the same time, and I think Marveaux will be the one to lose out a lot.

• bambams

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

It’s going to be a roller coaster season ! This will be the year when some of our younger players step up.
    1 Bigi
    2 Abeid
    3 Tav
    4 Vukic
    5 Sammy
    6 Good
    All these players will play a massive part of our season in cups and Europe and I for one can’t wait to see how Bigi performs
    Big game to start, few injuries but we will have too much for them. Come on Toon

• Aza9

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I think everyone except for maybe Ben Arfa will play tomorrow, Pardew is probably over exaggerating players injuries slightly to keep AVB guessing what our starting 11 is going to be.

After Shola’s performance in this game last season he will probably come on for Ba with 20 mins to go.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Ilove toon
    Don’t be a dingbat..

• Munster Mag

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I’m far from convinced about Vukic. When he plays badly, he’s a bad mixture of panic and slowness in terms of getting things done. Needs a loan spell, certainly more time on the pitch, somewhere.

• Munster Mag

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Have to say, I love Bigi !

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

the only reason why i think BBC has us at 9th is becoming other teams around us has strengthed quite considerably very early. we are still struggling in the window. and i doubt we will get into Europe again.

• bambams

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

RVP signs 4 year contract ! This bloke will get some grief when manure play at the Emirates !

• markmac

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

@18 – im with you on that 1 mate ! looks like he could even be a big player this season, maybe in cup comps

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Ilove toon
    unless something catastrophic like an earthquake happens,how can we not be as every bit as good as last season,I think Douglas will sign when his residency sh*t is sorted that only leaves a RB which Simmo can cover quite easily,and hopefully that Remy guy will sign in January.

• ajcrawfs

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I would say liverpool have strengthened but they are still behind us as they are undergoing a change in philosophy with Rodgers. I honestly think we will get at least 6th and possibly 5th if we get a new cb.

villa and everton may have improved but no where near being above us!

• bambams

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Jail for Ashley
    I think you will be correct about Douglas. Silence is deafening re that deal

• lesh

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Off thread…. the Independent’s reporting that Joey Barton could be off to Marseilles on loan and as part of the deal, Stephane Mbila’s to be loaned to QPR.

Ah well, a combination of Joey and Mediterranean sunshine should cause sparks to fly!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

bambam,
    Remember that is only my opinion and I will not be held resposible for my quotes.

• Munster Mag

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Lesh, throw in a jug of Sangria – some fella’s gonna get slapped !

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

holy….

Southampton have had a bid of €15 million accepted for Bologna winger Gaston Ramirez, beating off competition from Liverpool, Inter and Tottenham.

Gaston Ramirez would be a huge signing for Saints
    Uruguay international Ramirez, who was part of the Olympic squad, turned down a move to Tottenham but appears to be keen on a move to the South Coast in a stunning move for the newly promoted side.

Ramirez told Corriere Dello Sport: “They believe in me in every way… and above all I have said that they are going to grow. Southampton is a newly promoted team in the English top flight, but they have the means to stand tall in a few years. And with me they are going to build. It’s all very stimulating. Even if it is a little strange.”
    —————-
    WOW!!!!!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

My top 8

Man Utd
    Citeh
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Spurs

Sadly, i think Liverpool will do well under a new manager.

• Super Magpie

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Where have Southampton found this money? Do they want to go into administration again?

• bambams

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Jail for Ashley
    be careful fella, some might start suggesting you are a wannabe ITK blogger ! You whole life will get scrutinised . . . Of course that’s just my opinion

• to0n

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I lovetoon- totally agree, that’s a real coup for Southhampton he’s a top quality player who could be the difference of staying in the top flight or not for them

• ochytoon

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Super Magpie
    They are the fifth richest club in England. There owners are the relatives of late billionaire Marcus Lieber. They don’t need to worry about administration.

• Beattie25

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Beggars are out.

Get back you devils or I shall splash you with my anti-neggar water.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Repost

I know I will be slated for this bit here goes.

Very patchy information so I must stress it is highly unlikely to happen, by no means a certainty.

But Newcastle have been offered a player who would walk into the first team, he is a class above. Apparently he is from a team that need to sell badly due to a severe reduction in bank loans available. It’s a European country so I guess Spain or Italy as they are hard up.

Anyway the fee they want is excellent value but Newcastle want to try and get him for less, so it all depends if another club beats us to him.

Again, I don’t want hassle for this, just passing on as much as I know. If I hear more I will tell but don’t hold your breath.

Btw I’m not being deliberately vague, that’s all I have heard

• Beattie25

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Beggars??? That was meant to say neggars.

Anyway all your predictions mean f all at the minute. Wait until theyrabsfer window is closed because until then everything is hypothetical.

• Super Magpie

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Ochy

What!!??
    When did this happen? If they have loads of money shouldnt they be spending a lot more now, because in a years time they won’t be able to. Because of FFP.

Speaking of Southampton, they were our bogey team last the time they were on the Pl, I hope the trend dosent repeat. It was Always le tissier who scored against us as well.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

BOOM BOOM THE 1ST…first I thought you were taking a piss at me, but I might have misinterpreted your commend in the last thread 🙂

If so, please disregard what ever I wrote 🙂 seems have have Tourette’s syndrome 🙂 lol

I do apologies 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM

* to have

• t00ntime

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Lol at the bbc predictions

“i expect a good season for the magpies like last season but maybe just not AS good, 9th”

From 5th to 9th place isnt a good season…

1 2 3 15