Tim Krul On Vurnon Anita – Buy Him Instantly!

Newcastle tried to get Dutch left back Erik Pieters to Newcastle last summer but it didn’t come off, but now Newcastle have been successful in getting Dutchman Vurnon Anita to Newcastle for just £6.6M from Ajax, and Tim Krul for one is delighted there’s another Dutchman in the Newcastle squad.

Vurnon Anita – buy him instantly

Tim Krul knew Vurnon from when they played for the Dutch Youth sides, but especially at the U15 level, and he has revealed that Alan Pardew, not too surprisingly, asked Tim about the player earlier in the summer, and Tim had quite a simple response – “buy him instantly.”

And Tim said that because he knew Anita was such a quality player, and the 23 year-old could well make his debut this afternoon against Tottenham.

And Krul revealed that when Pardew turned to him for his opinion of Anita, the advice he gave was pretty simple – this is what Krul told Algemeen Dablad:

“When the manager asked me about Anita, I said ‘buy him instantly.’ ” “He gives us a lot of quality in midfield. England is known for kick and rush, but he’s the man who can connect defence and attack perfectly.”

“I’m really glad that he came to Newcastle, I still know him from the Under-15 Netherlands team.” “After the club went on a French tour, I’m glad there is another Dutchman in the team now.”

Krul will now have somebody he can relate to in the Newcastle squad, being from the same country, and certainly Vurnon has come across as a first class person since he arrived at Newcastle, and he will soon prove he is a first class player.

Newcastle may not sign enough players this summer, but at least those we have signed – Romain Amalfitano, Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Vurnon – are top drawer and excellent value, with the first three looking to improve big time at Newcastle.

In fact we think that’s exactly what Vurnon Anita will do this season – he’s simply another terrific acquisition by Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Dennis Twice

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM

1st

• Spuggy

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Hoping to see the two tanks in midfield today!

• geordie157

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM

2-1 to the toon today!

• ash-out

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Great effort Dennis, I am proud of you.

It looks like being a fantastic day to turn spurs over.

• geordie157

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Gosling to start and score, and get man of the match.

• Spuggy

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM

……………………………Krul……………………

Simmo………..Saylor………………Collo……Santon.

………………….Tiote……….Anita……………………

….Marveaux……………..Ba…………………Jonas…..

………………………….Cisse………………………….

• Dannyo

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Worst case scenario today:

———————Krul——————–
    –Simmo—Saylor—Willo—Santon–
    ——-Gosling—Anita—Jonas——
    —-Obertan—Shola—Marvuex—–

Not the worst we can put out imo.

• Spuggy

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM

We really have no clue whose injured do we?

• hoppernufc

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Well the fact that vickic abeid and bigirimana have been put in the under21 side that tells me that tiote and cabaye are available today

• stephen1971

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

i think tiote and anita holding in midfield will help colo and saylor big time in defence, i,m sure anita and cabaye will play a part in the match today, i,m thinking of a 3-1 win cisse to score first

• LewSpi

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Great mind games by Pards, keep em guessing. The last thing we want, particularly on the first game of the season, is to be predictable.

• jj

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM

IMPORTANT INFO: I have a spare ticket for the match today if interested plaese call me on 07875069493.

• Dannyo

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM

@Spuggy
    I’ll tell u a secret mate.
    Todays lineup for the u-21s include:
    Abeid, Tavernier, Vuckic, Good, Campbell and Biggie are all involved in their reserves game.
    Imo, that means that the first team is looking pretty full if u ask me.
    Mindgames perhaps? 😉

• WWYCD

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Dannyo
    If we play that team some people won’t know who to boo first! Heads will explode!

On a side note, MATCH DAY EXCITEMENT! 😀

• darrenfletcher88

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Jj will u take 20???

• hoppernufc

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I reckon Ben arfa will be absent from the squad with the other four ‘injured players’ involved either from the start or off the bench

• ITUNDERASHELL

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Big Vurn is going to be a superstar lads, Vurn, Bigi and Tiote will dominate the midfield.

• darrenfletcher88

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:48 AM

If u get no buyers give me a holla pal

• @timuJ

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM

im devastated that I cant watch the match because of work. was hoping to sneak off to the cock and lion (nufc supporters club down here in london) on a break to watch at least the 2nd half. cant even do that now
    Fantastic to see that my fantasy league has around 400 members now. Shows how many read but dont post on this blog. Ed should run something which enables us to play for prizes to spice it up a little!

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM

No idea if they are all injured or its just Pardew mind games. But i think Gosling will come to life this season!

• LewSpi

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM

—————-Krul
    Simmo Saylor Colo Santon
    ————Tiote Anita
    Marveaux Cabaye Jonas
    —————Cisse

Hope this is the team. Bring Benny on for Jonas and swap to right (when he’s fit.)

• jj

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Will do mate.

• surreytoon

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Not sure how much to read into the initial U21 line up.

It cant be final as it would give away too much in terms of senior team lineup to the opposition.

Did anyone listen to the Pardew talk from Monday? I know it is naughty as it was meant to be private, but I couldnt help it. All I can say is it was reaaly candid and very insightful.

Key thing I took from it is that a team has to have characters who have belief in themselves. Pardew thinks based on last season, we now have several players who are really up for it and think we can beat anyone.

On another note, the articles from a few days ago on the Ameobis were great to read. Clarke recounting how Shola had so much abuse in the early days, walking through council estates to get to training, having bottles thrown at him… Reinforced for me how much of a legend he is for us. He suffered injuries, but put his body on the line for us, gave his all and scored plenty given all that. Really cant countenance those that abuse him… yes we need another young striker in the medium to long term, but Shola can score against anyone. I will always defend him on here from the abuse he gets.

• Dannyo

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM

@WWYCD
    Haha, “who to boo?! Obertan, Willo, Simmo, Shola….#”/(“%&#”¤%”!& BOOM!”

I don’t think that’ll be the lineup btw, i reckon most of the first team are fit and AP has been pulling AVBs leg to keep him guessing 😉

• surreytoon

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I’m in London tosay with wifey, aiming to get back for the game on TV but if I dont, can anyone tell me a Nufc supporters pub in central… Where is the cock and lion @timuJ?

• Dannyo

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

@surreytoon
    Is as final as it gets mate, players can still be pulled out of it, it’s never locked for reserves.

• cestriasteve

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM

With Ramadan continuing till sunday I would be surprised to see any of the muslim players playing with such a late kick off.

• WWYCD

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Surreytoon
    Christ I didn’t know that about Shola, was that football fans doing it or more a racial over tone? Either way that’s a disgrace

Dannyo
    Haha I have honestly sat next to a few ‘fans’ at St James and heard them struggle to decide who to blame for a throw in because of all those players being on the pitch

I honestly don’t know what the line up will be…don’t think I care that much at this point who evers in will do us proud I reckon. Would hazard a guess that Colo and Tiote will start Gosling in for Cabs and we’ll play a 4411 on defence and a 4231 in attack

• Tommyy

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Ben Arfa is an odd one, the training pics show him running and fully involved with the first team drills. Can’t be two weeks away if that’s the case surely? Really hope Pardew’s bluffing regarding him and Cabaye.

Imagine if our best 11 started! Be a cracking game! can’t wait to see how Anita, Tiote and Cabaye play together.

• @timuJ

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM

@surreytoon it is on wigmore street, which runs parallel to oxford street. right next to where i work (selfridges) which is handy. best place (apart from the living room) to watch the toon in london – feels a bit like home full of geordies…otherwise you’ll be one of maybe two toon fans in the pub, especially when we’re playing a london team.

• @timuJ

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Ed i’m going to close the league to new entrants just before 11am today so I think you should remove the sidebar fantasy league invitation and replace it with a top 10/20 league table! 🙂

• Dannyo

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

@WWYCD
    Dear me, having a debate about who to boo first, there are fans and there are supporters, it’s easy to tell who’s who these days imo.
    Todays result is up in the air for me, i have no clue, too many factors to count in.
    Tottenhams style of play, their selection, fitness, who’s fit for us, who’s nervous, who’s ready, formations…
    In the first game there are no patterns, i know we’re really fit after so many pre-season games tho, i have no doubt about that.

• surreytoon

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:11 AM

@timuJ cheers mate

• jj

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

IMPORTANT INFO: I have a spare ticket for the match today if interested plaese call me on 07875069493 asap

• Marty-Toon

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Who’s the best signing by any club in this transfer window?
    If he plays like he did last year I reckon Van Persie.
    Brilliant player but a real idiot attitude
    I for one hated seeing him in a Utd shirt,nearly puked!!

• darrenfletcher88