The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ryan Taylor Will Not Start Tomorrow – But …

2:06 pm, Friday, August 24th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 166 Comments

Ryan Taylor ran the show last night for the  Magpies, and he scored another terrific goal direct from a free kick just before half time, and he was also solid at left back, and the former Wigan man is certainly pushing Davide Santon for that starting left-back position, which Ryan held for the first part of last season.

Ryan Taylor being congratulated after scoring great goal

Along with James Perch, Ryan has improved dramatically over the last year, and deserved the contract extension he was handed by the gaffer earlier this year.

Ryan had a very good game last night and was our Man of the Match with 35% of the vote, with 18 year-old Gael Bifirimana second on 22% with another impressive performance in defensive midfield, and the impressive Vurnon Anita in third place with 20% of the vote, playing in the attacking central midfield position.

It’s good that Ryan is giving Alan Pardew selection problems, and the boss seemed pleased with the overall performance last night, and said the obvious about Ryan pushing for a first team starting spot:

“I genuinely think Ryan is pushing for a place.” “He has good players in front of him, but we will see.”

“He came off at Cardiff but I could have taken anybody off.”  “He did not look comfortable in midifield in Wales, but here he was in his right position.”

“He was outstanding. He hit a goal you knew was going in as soon as he stepped up.”  “I  am satisfied, yes. I thought we were excellent tonight.”

“Our pre-season prep, you could argue, served us well because they let us have possession for long periods of the game.”  “We moved the ball and made them work hard and took the sting out of the game a bit.”

“In the second period I was a little bit disappointed we did not get the win.” I thought there were good opportunities, but overall, I was very, very pleased with the performance.”

“Yes, it was a big test for the youngsters.” “The opposition have good players and caused problems.”  “The younger players struggled to adjust at first, but overall when I look back on the team I have to say everybody gave their maximum.

“I was very pleased with the performances of everybody.”

Ryan will not start tomorrow at Stamford Bridge, simply because he played the full game last night,  but his performance last night puts pressure on young Davide Santon to perform tomorrow, otherwise Ryan could be starting at left back a week on Sunday, when the lads take on Aston Villa, in a game we can win.

And that’s exactly what Alan Pardew and the coaches want to see this season, more competition for places, and Ryan gives so much to the team in terms of free kicks, corners and even long throw-ins, that he must have a decent claim to a starting spot in the side.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Davide Santon · James Perch · Newcastle News · Ryan Taylor

166 responses so far ↓

• 1 robcstar // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Moussa Konate gone to FC Krasnodar

• 2 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

He’s a great squad player, but doesn’t dislodge any of our normal starting 11 under normal circumstances imo.

Our freekick supremo :)

Talking of freekicks, isn’t Cabaye supposed to be pretty good? Didn’t really see much of it tbh, have I missed any?

• 3 HBA Blood Twister // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

@ Ibiza

United.

• 4 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Ibiza

Blackburn in the Carling Cup, Manchester United at home. Those are the only ones he’s scored – but to be fair, he hasn’t taken many!

• 5 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM

TDS
    That’s why I said European history. :D

Ibiza
    Yes, but our 2nd eleven will need strengthing. We need some creativity in there which is why we didn’t win yesterday. We had lots of the ball, but didn’t make that many chances.

We also need defenders. ;)

• 6 Ben-Arfa11 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Provisional squad: Krul, Elliot, Harper, Santon, R. Taylor, Tavernier, Coloccini, Perch, Williamson, S. Taylor, Simpson, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Obertan, Marveaux, Gosling, Anita, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Cisse, Ba, Campbell.

does that mean tiote isnt going to play saturday :( :(

huge blow if thats the case i thought he would be playing

• 7 Toon Tang // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM

hba blood twister – wash ya mouth out son. are you referring to Manchester @post 3 ?

first rule of the post club is to not call manure ‘united’ . ahhhhh there’s only one united and that is us

rant over hahaha

• 8 IPToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Raylor had a very good game, but it must be said we were up against a side that had no attacking threat down their right hand side at all.

Raylor looks suspect defending every time he plays in the premier league, the other night he didnt need to do any of that so he just had a free opportunity to show what he was good at.

Santon will be up against a Hazard, Sturridge, Ramirez etc so to even compare performances with Raylors the other night would be silly as we all saw what happened when Raylor was up against Sturridge last year.

• 9 Beattie25 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Oh god.

Tiote not in the squad?

Please enter doom and gloom after the beep

BEEP

• 10 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Raylor should start in front of Simpson. Santon shouldn’t even worry about losing his place at the moment. Why play a right-back at left-back? Why would Raylor replace Santon? Surely it should be a like for like replacement???

We’ve missed out on Marvin Martin, Vertonghen, Giroud, Konate and Cissokho. It’s been a very poor summer for us.

• 11 Robbo8 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I think Ryan Taylor played great last night, and I would definitely have him in my starting line up, replacing Danny Simpson. As I feel Danny doesn’t deserve to be in a starting XI like ours at the minute, considering his situation, as well as myself not really rating him.

On the transfer front, I think we would be silly not to go in for Adam Johnson, and let him join the scum! Does anybody else agree!?

• 12 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Kets

I’m sure Raylor V Hazard will go well for us.
    We haven’t missed out on any except cissokho ( who has been awful) because the prices payed for them were too much for us.

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

HBA…We are United :)

• 14 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Super…Agreed. They are the areas we need to improve and over time, we will :)

• 15 robcstar // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I think Moussa Konate will be a miss at 2million euros! Seemed our price range?

• 16 Sazzer // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Looks like Sunderland switch shirt sponsor from Invest in Africa to Spend in England.

• 17 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Ben-Arfa11

Where did you get that from? :o

Ketsbaia9

I’m actually starting to consider the idea that there’s 2 or 3 Ketsbaia9′s on this blog. You contradict yourself from one post to the next, and appear to suffer drastic mood and attitude swings.

• 18 spitfire_ // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Ketsbaia9, I know that you are the cretin of this forum and only a troll but I kindly ask you to shut your… fingers… Like a broken record didn’t stop for once whole summer… it’s time for you to rest! STOP writing the same sh!t every day for thousands times… Just take a rest from this forum… rest in peace if you want… I don’t give a fcuk. Damn that was nice.

• 19 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Ian Toon

I may have read it wrong, but did you say you thought Bigirimana was one of our worst players last night?

I’ve got to disagree if so mate. Even for an 18 year, I thought he did his job very well.

• 20 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I’ve just read the sky sports preview for our game and it says we’ve scored in the 90th minute in our last 3 visits there as well.

Cisse’s Wonder Goal
    Saylor’s Header
    Shola’s Header

Are we due another stoppage time winner/equaliser?

• 21 Ben-Arfa11 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

shows the squad at the bottom

no ameobi as expected but also no tiote

tiote is crucial espcially away from home

• 22 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

spitfire

Not sure how much you follow what goes on on here, but Kets actually got banned from a different forum for ‘continually spamming the exact same posts on every single thread’ :|

• 23 hatem786 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

reports in french media newcastle have bid 8£ for debuchy

• 24 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Exactly. Raylor would be much better defensively than Simpson. We would cut out the errors if Raylor started. If he doesn’t then I’m afraid it’s a managerial error on Pardew’s part.

Hazard is going to make Simpson look like a pub player tomorrow. We’ll probably play well, but it’ll be mistakes that cost us. Hopefully this will be Simpson’s final appearance.

• 25 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I’m aware that there is around 3 different Ketsbaia9′s.

• 26 hatem786 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM

reports in french media newcastle have bid 8£ for debuchy today

• 27 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM

It’s all a smokescreen. Pardews lying to us all again!

Ibiza
    We will, but then there’ll be another position which we need to strengthen which we don’t need to now. :D

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Dear Lord, Please grant me the patience to cope.

That is all.

Ibizatoon.

P.S. Thanks for the AC, it’s working a treat ;)

• 29 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ben-Arfa

Uh oh. I have to agree there – if so, big problems. Especially given that Anita played 90 minutes last night.

I’m fairly sure that article is nonsense though, seeing as they also say

“Pardew is hoping both will be fit after training in London on Friday evening, although Cheick Tiote (calf) and Shola Ameobi (hamstring) remain doubts”

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Super…It’s a bit like whack a mole…..holes keep appearing all over the place. Screw it…

Mike, spend the money now or we’re doomed!

• 31 Ben-Arfa11 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

however this article confirms there sidelined

hope its not true either but usually if players are doubts like colo and ba they get included in the provesional squad which they have done so even tho there is doubts over them but tiote aint in atall

which is a huge blow

• 32 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Kets

Yes, Raylor will be fantastic against hazard and will not put a foot wrong. :D :D :D

Hatem
    £8!!!!! No wonder we couldn’t agree a fee before. :D
    Obviously we offered them a free steak bake and a chocolate doughnut to go with it. Try to sweeten the deal.

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

There’s proof of Ashleys method. He’s worn them down to the price of 2 happy meals.

Ahsley! Ashley! Ashley!

• 34 FAU // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

yesterday obertan is not good enough(just speedy), sriously 2 years ago i thought he was a good buy for us, but he doesnt improve much, I reckon amalfitano shud be second choice for our right. HALA NUFC!

• 35 Ben-Arfa11 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM

maybe its another mind game ploy by pardew tho ha

as i expected colo to play last week and not ben-arfa and ben-arfa played and colo didnt

i think our manager likes to lie alot :P

• 36 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

That’s the spirit!
    Don’t forget that Willo and Simmo are incapable and are championship quality who should be playing for the likes of Watford. :D

In all seriousness, I’d be satisfied if we brought in another first team player and didn’t lose anyone. Anything more and I’d be over the moon.

• 37 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Ibiza
    Good sir you seem to be loosing the plot my good man!!

TDS
    Bigi was an absolute monster for us last night along with anita, but bigi got my vote for MOTM and feel alot better about the season knowing we have players like bigi who looks like he can step up if tiote is injured/suspended or is of at the ACN

• 38 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I don’t really rate Raylor in general. I’d rather Perch, more to the point, I’d rather Simpson.

Raylor works hard and his freekicks are great (most of the time), but doesn’t offer loads else imo. Although he did an ok job at LB whilst we eased Santon in.

• 39 spitfire_ // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM

@ToonDownSouth

I’m here from time to time but his posts are always the same… it’s just so boring and so stupid… why he didn’t take one ban here?

• 40 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Super
    Dont even mention wilo m simmo, they cost us champions league dont you know!

Kets
    The only place theres 3 of you is in ketsbia land!

• 41 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

tads…You thought I had the plot at some point? You sir have lost the plot :)

Super….What do you have against Watford? I wouldn’t have those two near my local pub team. They’re best suited to a junior schools girl team. I doubt Willo could even win a header then…pfffttt

• 42 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM

When was the last time we said ‘Tiote totally dominated that midfield’? Seems to be perpetually ‘playing himself into form’, then gets injured before he can build any momentum.

If somebody offered 20m – snatch it out of their hands!

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Tads…Kets land? Where is that? I wanna go! Please take me, I’ve cleaned my room. What rides do they have? Please please please!!!!! Look, I’ve eaten all my veg!

• 44 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yeah…I’ve lost the plot. RIP Ibizatoon…you sadly, won’t be missed :)

• 45 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Ibiza
    Really? Never had it at all?
    You’ve just rocked my world and im know questioning everything!
    Kets for prime minister??

• 46 Transfer Sage // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM

There is only one kets

He has the same unique symbol on the mobile site.

And all his comments are devoid of footballing knowledge.

Simpson is not the best rb in the league but by no means the worst.

And when hazar goes past him don’t complain, hazard goes past all defenders during a game.

• 47 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Ruddy

It depends who we bring in to replace him. I think we’ll get a couple of cheeky bids on Deadline Day, which we should be expecting and ready to bring his replacement. I’d take £20m if we didn’t have to pay over £15 for Tiote’s replacement.

Ibiza
    Willo, header??? I don’t think such a think exists…

• 48 IPToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM

If Taylor and Coloccini are both fit to play centre back, Perch should play right back.

Perch is the only one out of him, Simpson and Raylor who i would feel fairly comfortable with up against Hazard. Obviously Perch would be in for a very tough ride but he is better defensively than all three and also has the best accelleration which he will need.

• 49 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Ibiza
    Ketsland is a magical world that only exists in his slightly worrying little mind!!!

• 50 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Thing*

• 51 lukes26 // Aug 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

“Raylor deserves a start at Left Back tomorrow” – Daniel Sturridge

• 52 nico // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Sunderland just paid 24m for Fletcher and Johnson.
    So who we buying?

• 53 Super Magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Nico

It seems you have killed the blog.

• 54 hoppernufc // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Things all quite on the nufc transfer front, maybe that’s a good sign

• 55 check the toastie // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM

IPToon – i agree, Pechy played down Chelsea last year and was superb, been superb for ages and should defo play, cant for the life of me see why he wouldn take simmo’s place. Hopefully Simmo was left out of Greece game as he is on the move. Debuchy finally coming in i reckon…………..boring, boring, boring.

Gonna miss match 2moro going to York races, wonder if i will be surprised when i see the result. Fancy a back to wall 1-1 draw, pretty much like Man Utd game last year. Simmo with some lucky goalline clearances just to give people some new ammo would do.

• 56 Offkey // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM

20 million for Tiote…………..No thanks.

Sends a terrible message to the squad and at the speed at which we recruit (presently) we could be waiting until January, or longer. Admittedly, we have many options at CDM now in Anita, Tiote, Jonas and the youth………with Perch and Cabaye also being able to play there, but the potential problems it may cause seem to greatly outweigh the benefits it may have, IMO.

• 57 ~Anita One Bites the Dust~ // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM

@Ketsbaia9 Comment 23

” Hopefully this will be Simpson’s final appearance.”

If only this could be your final appearance…..

• 58 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Super…People are mourning my passing…have some respect ;)

Tads…I still want to go!

• 59 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Fake Ruddy…When was the last time you posted under your real monicker? Come on now. Even if you make a valid point it’s never going to be taken seriously.

• 60 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I’m going to stray into the badlands of Ketsbaiaville with this post.

Could probably get Moussa Sissoko for approximately 10m to replace Tiote, if he left; given the size of the club he plays for, the fact they have no European competition and he’s in the final year of his contract.

I know many have been, still are being dubbed the ‘new Patrick Vieira’, but this guy really does have a similar combative style and genuine presence. From deep, breaking attacks up and making those storming runs through the centre, which was a staple of PVs game.

And……. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/08/22/3324109/moussa-sissoko-calls-out-manchester-city-united-and-arsenal

• 61 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Kets I am also aware there are at least three of you, all in the same head though. You should sort those pills into he right boxes mate here’s something wrong with the dosage.

Raylor may look a bit of a weakness in the first team at times, but the gulf between the first and reserve lads is illustrated by Raylors apparent command of the game against Atrocious. And what’s wrong with havin a medium to good squad player who just happens to have a good shooting boot from the dead ball? Tactical. I’m glad we have him.

• 62 Zero // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Seriously can we get ED to ban kets, hes just a troll who diverts every thread onto his transfer lists and his hate campaign against Willo and Simmo.

Kets : Fletcher at 12 mill plus 3 mill add-ons is good buisness….NO JUST NO are you secretly a Sunderland supporter?

Im all for people saying …ohhh i like that player he’d be a good addition or i think he’d link up in our squad but everyday the same tripe from Kets.

No true toon supporter would down our players as much as him, every player makes mistakes and at the end of the day the replacements we can afford have just as many flaws.

Rant over!

Now i think providing hazard is kept in check we should get a 1-1 if not a 2-1 win tomorrow.

• 63 colwell // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Anyone else notice who isn’t in the PROVISIONAL squad? Clue – probably our BEST player?

• 64 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I’m sick of this fake monicker lark it just bores the hell out of everyone, except for the t*rd that’s doing it, who has a bit of a personality problem.

ED can’t you get WP to stop allowing duplicate sign-ins? It’s a really pathetic feature and it feeds the morons who think it’s funny in some crank way.

• 65 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Zero
    If we made ED ban someone everytime they made a tw@ of themselves then it would just be 1 person talking to themself!

• 66 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM

tads – do you think impersonators and perpetual nuisances have immutable rights to stay then? And by the way that one person would be Kets. So that would be at least 3 people talking to themselves. Oh and the Fake Fake Ruddy, who would be the original Ruddy.

• 67 FatmanJoe // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Colwell

Can’t be arsed to scroll thru – cabaye?

• 68 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

• 69 Zero // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

TADS its not just one time, he does this on every thread, the lads even been banned from other blogs for the same thing, people get sick of his crap. I probably wouldnt care if he could even do basic math, or have a rational understanding of how much our club can spend and i think id probably not be asking too much if he just had some reasonable idea of players true values with what the club would likely release them for. This is based on him continually posting LETS SIGN XXXXX for 2 million when the club have refused bids of 5 million!

• 70 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Fatman – Hatem

• 71 FatmanJoe // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I heard Terry wasn’t playing tomorrow. Shame really coz I think our strikers will murder him.

• 72 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Tsunki
    Its a blog, a public forum, as much shite as kets spouts its just that shite, its not offensive hes not insulting any1 hes just irritating but like herpies!
    As for fake ruddy its doesnt bother me in the slightest im only on the mobile site so i know its beardo cos its the same picture, the only person who can really find it offensive is real ruddy, who’s reported it to ED

• 73 zimtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I’m begining to think some people don’t watch our matches but instead get everything they comment from reading other peoples comments on the blog and adding a few things that come into their minds!

• 74 colwell // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Fatmanjoe

TDS said it Ben Arfa.

• 75 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Tads….On the fake username usage….I would find it easier to have the symbols on the desktop version. It’s usually fairly obvious when it’s the fake one, but a different picture would help.

Fatman…I agree. I’ll miss watching them catch the prat out.

• 76 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

zimtoon….Do you care to give us an example?

• 77 ToonJovi // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Anyword on Ben Arfa? not on squad list? unnoficial though of course!

and we can manage without Tiote, much more confident having Anita as back opposed to Guthrie!

• 78 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Zero
    1) dont get me wrong the lad is annoying and im not really sure why im defending him!

2) im aware he was banned someone posted the blog, however if you looked through the responses the administrator got absolutly hammered by the blog users for abusing his power etc for banning someone just for being irritating!

• 79 outsidethebox // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM

wake up and smell the coffee ..just ignore kets who is prob a sunderland supporter and maybe he will go away ..

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Ibiza
    True its why i use the mobile one the desktop one needs updating a tad!

• 81 Zero // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM

TADS – tbh i dont expect him to get banned i guess im just raising awareness, abit like those STD adverts, i.e. mention Willo or Simmo come home with Kets, or mention schrarner get kets for life, be safe dont catch Kets.

• 82 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Zero
    Youve made paraniod now i was talking simmo to a lass the other night
    I should prob phone her tell her to get down the clinic sharp like!

• 83 Dannyo // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Sky betting and one of the biggest papers in Europe are tipping NUFC for a win against Chelsea.
    What’s the world coming too?
    We’re being accepted as a threat!?!

• 84 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM

tads – fair enough but Kets has already set a precedent by being banned from a blog elsewhere and as a blog member adds nothing so is wasting space. A ban in his case would be a question of economics, not really personal.

As for Fake Ruddy, that is just mischief with no value to the blog except to irritate it’s members and actually detract from the value of threads, such that it is. I actually don’t mind people going all darrenfletcher on each other but the impersonation thing has actually a creepy feel to it. I think the discipline of being booted off until you come up with our own ID would be a healthy thing. I don’t know many other places where identical usernames are allowed. Why would that be?

• 85 yorkshire_magpie // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Looks like adam johnson joining sunderland too.

• 86 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Dannyo
    Toon rock
    Chelski shit
    Makes sense to me!

• 87 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Tsunki
    Just to let you ive just taken a photo of my sports direct mug, be prepared tsunki2 is coming!

• 88 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM

outsidethebox – er no, no he won’t. He’s had to be banned before to be moved on. I can ignore him mind, in fact I voted we keep him as a blog pet because we all promise to keep feeding him.

• 89 Offkey // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Spammers (like Kets) – Irritating at times but acceptable.

Advertisers for their websites etc. – Ban them IMO.

Impersonators – Funny at times, but only when you now their fake…….so a little star next to their name (I only use the desktop site) would be nice.

Main problem is they take over the blog at times (I get involved also which doesn’t help……like now……so apologies)

• 90 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I kind of expected it for a long time anyway. problem is in my case nobody will be able to tell the fake from the real because we’ll both talk sh*te :)

• 91 Zero // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Meh keep kets on it gives me someone to shout down and prove wrong in every post he sticks up, guess by feeding the troll i can feed my giant ego then one day i Zeroitti will become like Zlatan.

• 92 northernirishtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Think raylor is a great man to have about the squad. Sturridge might of game him a roasting last year but I would still rather have raylor than not have him. Toon 2-0 and ba to score first 180/1 on skybet lol

• 93 MacToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

TDS, if you forgive me for bringing your question forward a thread I’d like to tell you how I see our financial situation.
    From the last accounts it showed an operational loss of approx £4 mil but when the transfer money is added it showed as a profit of approx £33 mil.
    Since the release of the accounts the purchases and sales of player balanced out approx last summer.
    We purchased Cisse for between £8-10 mil but also got a great deal with Branson for approx £8 mil shirt sponsor at the same time.
    This summer we have a net spend so far of approx £3 mil.
    Our turnover should be better than in the last published accounts for a few reasons, better attendances, better wage bill ie. wage to income %, more EPL revenue (higher position) and most important more TV money.

So if we assume (yes, ass out of you and me) our turnover is now atleast in profit there could still be atleast £30 mil floating around from player sales.

NOW, I’m not saying we should spend all/any extra money on players, I know Ashley’s invested more than his original purchase price, don’t we all lol but on paper, there should be money available……..
    and Pardew has always said there’s money there if the right player at the right price comes along.

OK, a bit simplistic but hope you get my drift.

• 94 Tsunki // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Problem is in Ruddy’s case is that he has a history of sticking up for himself and has had a number of (cough) kerfuffles with other bloggers that have (cough cough) got a little tense. Fake Ruddy is a deliberate WUM who has had a set-to with him in the past. It is most likely beardo who hasn’t commented for some time. If it is, that’s a shame because I thought he had a bit of sense. More so than me if that’s any gauge. ahem.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Tsunki
    Ruddy? Fights?
    Howay thats as outrageous as your claim we both spout shite! Oh wait

• 96 Mo Drysdale // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM

————————————Krul———————————-

Perchinio————Saylor———–Collo—————Santon

Raylor———-Tiote———————–Cab————–Jonas
    ———————————Ben Afa——————————–

————————————Ba————————————

Bench: Harper, Simo, Aneta, Cisse, Marv, Campbell, Obertan.

I think to win tomorrow we are going to need a disciplined performance and I have picked a team on that.

We have got a great bench to affect the game in the last 20 if required.

Ben Arfa should be given a free role to pull there defence about.

Cisse isn’t playing well at the moment, I think he would possibly benefit from coming on as a sub being fresh against tired defence, bearing in mind that he and the Chelsea defence played this week.

• 97 toonLYF // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM

every single week of every single season we have 1-2 players “facing late fitness tests” or “doubtful”, it does me fcuking heed in

• 98 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Order, order! I insist we have some order on the blog!

The madness must end!

• 99 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Mac

I dont disagree with anything you’ve said – in fact, we earned £12m more from the PL last season than the previous.

The only issue there is that we still have a situation where the only substancial profit is generated by player sales – which is a far from perfect situation to be in.

With regards to the shirt sponsor, that is that £8m a year? Any idea how much Northern Rock were paying?

• 100 Spreadthetoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Given doubts to Collo, Tiote etc I would work with what we have….how bout this for a line up…
    ———————-Krul—————-
    Simpson—–Saylor—–Perchino—–Santon

—————Bigi–Vern———————
    ——————-Cabaye——————
    HBA———————————–Jonas
    ——————-Cisse/Campbell——–

• 101 MacToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I think NR sponsor was between £2 and 3 mil but trusting to memory.

When Ashley made a profit on Bassong I believe his whole ideology changed, he seen the huge profits over a short period of time and this is something Ashley loves, don’t we all ha ha.

My guess is we could turn around an operational loss of £4 mill to a profit of £4 mil next accounts, then following season £10 mil and future target of £20 mil a year profit. Just my (un)educated guesswork. It’s a slow process.
    Player purchase and sales are alot less predictable.

• 102 davybtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Guardian has tiote, hba, ba n colo in the squad for tomorrow

• 103 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ibiza
    Have you ever played batman arkham city? Its a bit like the blog you’d love it!

• 104 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM

tads….No, do you have a link? I desperately need another addiction similar to this blog :)

• 105 davybtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Why are u lot even bothered who Sunderland waste there money on, 12/14m for fletcher by the way has got relegated with all his prem clubs pmsl at this deal, and Johnson as good as player that he is went from Boro to city did nothing now he goin to Sunderland were lets not forget they don’t hav the players man city have

• 106 MacToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I’d have loved Johnson here, I take it he’s gone to the mackem’s? How sad.

• 107 BelfastMagpie87 // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Give it a rest Mactoon. :-)

• 108 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Ibiza unfortunatly not its an xbox game, however living in ibiza i could understand you wouldnt actually need an xbox what with all the beaches beers clubs and women around!

• 109 BelfastMagpie87 // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Johnsons a good signing for them like.
    Would of loved to see him join us.

They paid well over the odds for Fletcher mind.

• 110 davybtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Mactoon looks like he is, I would of had Johnson he would b brilliant in our team, thank goodness he has gone to a crap team though

• 111 davybtoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Signings of the window value wise for me are michu 2m n mirrallas 6m

• 112 FatmanJoe // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Wolves have done very well haven’t they with Jarvis going for well over the top money also. Don’t forget a lot of these teams spending lots of money are in desperate need of improving. I think it’s more important we keep our players coz they’ve shown we’re capable of competing with the big boys.

• 113 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM

tads…There are beaches, beer, clubs and women in Ibiza? First I missed out on potch paella and now this?

Right, that’s it. I’m gone. No more Ibizatoon on the blog, i’m for real. Enough is enough.

A little note, save your cheers, you know i’m full of it.

• 114 phillyg // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I regards to our full back situation. For me Rtaylor does offer so much more in regrds to set plays and goals etc. For me I would put Santon at Right back, and keep Rtaylor at left back. People call his defensive work but he played in most of our first 11 games last season when we went unbeaten.

• 115 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Ibiza
    I suggest you get out sharpess grab some potch n a beer n get ready for a night on the town!!!

• 116 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Liking the fact that people seem to realise when fake Ruddy is posting, even if he does try to talk sense, which surely counteracts what he is trying to do.

Anyone that knows my views would know that I never slate Obertan, never slag Simmo and would NEVER want us to sell Tiote, the man is the future captain of the club ffs!

On topic:

I can see us playing a midfield 5 tomorrow with Ba up front by himself, or Cisse up front with Ba on the left. I’d be surprised if he fielded a midfield 4 given the quality of passing ability in that Chelsea midfield with the likes of Hazard and Mata, his best bet would be to crowd out the space. With that in mind I would imagine Guti will be playing CM with Tiote and Cabaye, although are there reports that Tiote won’t be playing?

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM

phillyg…..on that basis drop HBA for Obertan? :) Just being facetious

• 118 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Do one fake ruddy :)

• 119 nico // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I think Tiote, Ba and Collo will be fit for Saturday. We’re going to need them toi get something.
    When Pardew says we may bring one more in, surely its a smoke screen. Ashley is going to bring back Carroll at 10.59 next Fri. Douglas and Debuchy will arrive during next week.
    If Blunderland can bring in Johnson (12m) and Fletcher (12m) with apparently more siognings to come, surely we can bring in these 3 players for 20m and still break even at the end of the financial season. This investment may well get us Champs League footy without breaking the bank. Now is the time…..
    Am I being optimistic?

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Listen fake ruddy we’ve had enough of your sh1t!!!

• 121 phillyg // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I concur other than the fact that Obertan has offered 1 goal and 1 assist in his time with us.

• 122 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

tads….I’ll have to get an IPad first so I can communicate with the kind folk of Ibiza on the go. Maybe a Stephen Hawking set up?

• 123 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM

philly…So not completely useless then? :)

• 124 phillyg // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM

ibiza lol – wheeling around the shops and bars whilst updating on here, you would have to go for the electronic voice aswell tho.

• 125 Ian Toon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Ibiza- Poster of the month.
    just read your last post and reference to sarcasm . I did tell you early on that I wasn’t into sarcasm at which point you told me that you liked nothing better. Despite claims by some less enlightened souls i do believe that almost all bloggers love the club and that it plays a big part in their lives. In football as in live people handle and manufacture stress differently. My view is that if your happy with the manager and the way the club is managing finances there is little to complain about . Back to my central point , given that some people , for whatever reason spend less time on here than others you have to be selective. It’s tempting to only read the people who are inclined to take your point of view but often less rewarding. I don’t wish to make an ageist point but
    Young and old have a point of view. The young ‘s often fashioned by the influence of their older relatives but neither should have entrenched views. It ‘s been a lesson to learn of being on here at different times and days. I remember you making a point on Sunday being a dangerous day for fuelled comments but not being a sensitive
    soul I have lived dangerously in support of The Toon. There are
    turf issues which have smacked as much of old codger syndrome as anything else but football as in life. I find fun in forming a mental picture of posters and judging whether to follow up or not. This blog would make a great reference point for a novel but only after we win something. The trials and tribulations of Ibiza- the conductor of NUFC blog. I do hope you don’t find the above inane but in the course of a challenging day nothing get’s me back on the front
    foot than thoughts of Ibiza- whether it be Lionel Ritchie ( found this
    highly implausible ) Or your any questions session. I often read well after the event and you seem to relive the frenetic – we need to spend and bring in5 players to live with the better sides. To the madness that is criticism of Jonas to the crucifixtion of Simpson, Williamson and Obertan. I took the liberty of looking on the Liverpool site which bordered on the suicidal for genuine scousers fans. In conclusion I am convinced that your on a retainer from Ed to ensure this is the best football blog. Yet again your the poster of the month, for August, your so far ahead you get the award now.

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Ibiza
    Im sure you would looking ranger style pimpin rolling in to san antonio with a set up like that!

• 127 Sazzer // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Wolves and City certainly got some stupid money bonus on their deals.

• 128 cyprus // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

All this talk on banning… How many here use offensive language and degrade whoever they (who know it all, of course) disagree with? We’d be left with like 15 people if Ed started banning. Just ignore comments you don’t like and notify Ed if they are truly offensive.

• 129 BigKirky // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

AJ is a Sunderland fan and it’s nonsense about supporting the Toon. Just trying to keep the peace. Shame cos he’s a good player altho has had problems with Mancini over certain things.

• 130 FatmanJoe // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Aj could be so much better. He’s lazy and never improved at citeh. Unfortunately he’s a good buy for Sunderland.

• 131 Transfer Sage // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Same team that started against spurs but wil colo in for perch I imagine.

Chelsea will creat chances, we can’t stop them.

But we say from Wigan and reading you can really get at them. We just need to out gun them

• 132 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Ian…You’re making me blush and I fear a nasty backlash. That Ruddy in particular will not take kindly to this :)

Unfortunately, I am confined to an office for much of my day and take welcome relief in this blog, debating all issues Newcastle (and some other nonsense along the way). I am grateful to my boss, ermm, I mean Ed for providing this great blog. I was a long time reader and always enjoyed the comments section, so had to get a piece myself, as I can see you too have fallen for it’s lure.

As you say, most posters on here are Newcastle mad, you’d have to be mad to put up with the roller coaster of being a toon fan :)

I want no award, just for everyone to keep on with their bit, except fake Ruddy (you fool ;) ).

Philly…..It was more for the voice in the first place. I spend too much time typing, not sure I remember how to speak anymore :)

P.S. I’m a little distracted today with moving and get the feeling my posts aren’t flowing as well as they could and are perhaps the ramblings of a mad man….actually, that’s probably normal, so I’ll shut up.

• 133 nico // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

AJ is not a Sunderland fan FACT. He supported the Toon as as child. Sunderland were his least favourite choice after us, Spurs and Liverpool

• 134 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Ruddy

Tiote & Cabaye aren’t in a ‘preliminary squad list’ posted by the Daily Mail – although god knows if that’s just crap.

• 135 Sazzer // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

davybtoon
    Michu and Mirallas are definitely among the contenders.

• 136 nico // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

BigKirky
    Where did you get your info from?

• 137 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

tads…Oh yeah, that’s what I’m looking for. Some Ranger Pimpin’ Style :)

• 138 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

nufc.co.uk

Newcastle – Hatem Ben Arfa is available for selection, having sat out the midweek Europa League qualifier due to a European ban. He could be joined back in the squad by captain Fabricio Coloccini, Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote, who all missed the Magpies’ trip to Greece through knocks. Manager Alan Pardew is likely to make a host of changes to his starting line-up from that fixture, with only striker Papiss Cisse expected to remain.

• 139 Transfer Sage // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM

AJ is a good buy providing he puts in the effort.

I expect he will if he is a regular starter. But still has a lot to prove.

It’s strange as Sunderland already have McLean and larson on the wings. The one area of the field they are strong in.

• 140 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

davy & Sazzer

You’d surely have to wait until someone has actually played a game, before deciding how good value they are ;)

Ba was being slated as ‘Ameobi #2′ on here at the start of last season!

• 141 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Was that not the real Ruddy? He seems to have gone….somethings not right……tads, please use your special powers to answer this question.

• 142 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

TDS…How can Ameobi #2 be considered slating? What are you implying?

• 143 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza

Slating – Cover (something, esp. a roof) with slates.

Duh.

• 144 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Is that your answer, are you correcting my use of the English language, or both?

• 145 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

slating – present participle of slate (Verb)
    Verb:

Cover (something, esp. a roof) with slates.
    Criticize severely: “his work was slated by the critics”.

Yeah, I can use Google too :)

• 146 Jayden // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Looks like Chelski will have Luiz and Cahill at CB tomorrow. I fancy our chances attacking-wise, actually. Especially if Cabs plays as well as he did last season.

• 147 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Oh you guys, you’re a bunch of little rascals :P

Ibiza yeah it was the real me, surely you can distinguish between the two…one is an arrogant overqualified brat and the other is the fake Ruddy ;)

Went off there for a while Internet playing about.

TDS

I’ll choose to disregard everything the Daily Fail print.

• 148 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I was explaining the manor in which I used the word ‘slating’ ;) You know I love Shameobi.

• 149 MacToon // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Hopefully Ba and others have just been rested, lol, we’ve only played two games ha ha and Cisse’s had an extra run out.
    A point tomorrow would be a good result imo but always want more.

• 150 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Whenever we play Chelsea it never seems to go as expected.

We went for about 15 years without beating them once! But recently we’ve been decent.

Hazard will almost certainly ‘win’ a penalty at some point, so we’ll start 1 down.

• 151 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

So Shola and Ba have equal talents when it comes to roofing? I see ;)

Ruddy….I would like to think I know the difference, just thought it odd you disappearing. I know only too well about internet playing up :)

How’s tricks? Rehabilitation going well?

• 152 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

In all seriousness I would be pleased if we got a point from tomorrow because that Chelsea team has the makings of being a very good side.

However they have not got all players fit and available and they are prone to defensive lapses at times, so it could be a very good time to get them so early in the season before they truly gel.

If we get nothing from tomorrow I wouldn’t be devastated as I was hoping from 2 points from the first 2 games and we have already exceeded that target, tomorrow is all about the performance for me.

• 153 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

At the Bridge that is.

• 154 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:00 PM

TDS…I take their Hazard and I raise with a HBA….your move.

MacToon….So greedy ;)

• 155 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Ibiza

Better than expected, physio says that I don’t have to go under the knife which is a big plus, all I have to do now is a grueling regime of back, hip and groin exercises that make me want to weep but c’est la vie! :D

• 156 Spreadthetoon // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Its funny how this transfer window has worked out….or is it? A couple of windows ago our main signing was to be a striker and that did not occur for some time but was well worth the wait.
    So do good things happen to those who wait? I’d like to think so being a Toon fan! With all that said I still cannot see where this window will end? So far we have had one senior signing with 3 other players confirmed as prospects….Debuchy, Douglas, Carroll.
    AP mentioned an “A” list and stating that if we were not so successful we would move further down our “A” list. Given that we have been only confirmed 1 player to each position and players like Yanga Mbwia likely to go to Valencia, Cissokho confirmed as moving to ano club……I am beginning to think that our A list for each position are restricted to 1 name…..is that right?

• 157 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Ruddy…That’s excellent news about no need for an op. Sorry to hear about the tough regime, have they said how long until you’re back up and running, so to speak?

Spreadthetoon….You may as well ask a magic 8 ball that question, we haven’t a clue :)

• 158 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I got banned because the moderator got jealous as I was getting all of the attention.

I think Vertonghen, Giroud, Cissokho and Marvin Martin were the best signings of the transfer window.

• 159 Ian Toon // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Ibiza- it’s good that I don’t know much about you as your going to be the central character in my novel. It allows my furtive imagination to run wild and to protect the innocent. As for Ruddy or not Ruddy I can’t
    get my head around that – smacks of schizophrenia. As a result I have read little of either. Unfortunately can’t go to the game tomorrow as at a wedding. Who get’s married in the football season! Maybe the bride and groom had to wait to remove the If’s and but’s. Still the groom and his family are Toon mad so TV on hand at reception.. Be happy with a draw. Perch is in such good form that if i were Pardew i would play him in place of Simpson.

• 160 ToonDownSouth // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Ibiza

Well if he can cheat and dive as consistently as Hazard, then I’ll be a little more optimistic.

I do worry Hatem’ll be in for some rough treatment this season. Tottenham gave him an absolute battering.

• 161 Sazzer // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

ToonDownSouth
    I just said they are among the contenders.

• 162 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Ian…I can assure you that real Ruddy is well worth taking note of and engaging. I know you’re a big believer in forming your own opinion, as you should. But I would urge you to take a look :)

The 2 Ruddy’s certainly are different people and definitely not a cry for attention.

I’m hoping I can catch the game tomorrow, but Saturday’s are always my busiest day of the week with clients coming and going. Seeing as I work with a Chelsea supporter tomorrow should be fun filled :)

As for Perch vs Simmo, I would imagine Simmo will get the nod due to being rested. Perch has come on leaps and bounds though, I remember when I used to see his name of a team sheet and I would groan….certainly not the case anymore.

So this novel is due for release when we win something? Hopefully not too long a wait.

Enjoy the wedding, I hope it’s a black and white theme and that the toon provide an extra special day for all.

• 163 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Ian

Shame that the fake Ruddy thing is distancing yourself from me as a character (it isn’t schizophrenia there actually is an impostor using my moniker) because I think I would add a lot colour to proceedings ;)

Ibiza

He said we’re talking months not weeks so that sucks! All stems from the fact that I’ve a wonky pelvis that is screwing up my back that has in turn screwed up my groins, so I need to unscrew my back and then strengthen the groins. Cue umpteen witty quips. :P

• 164 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM

TDS…He doesn’t need to cheat or dive, he has more class than Hazard could ever dream of…at least I hope so. His skill is enough to earn penalties, like against Spurs. If they don’t fowl him, they are in trouble. If they do hurt him, Tiote will see them off ;)

• 165 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Ruddy…Got to say that sounds pretty severe. Have you always had problems with it then?

Only quip i’ll make it as at my own expense for reading too quickly…I thought you had said wonky penis :)

• 166 GeordieGeorge // Aug 24, 2012 at 5:42 PM

My team for Chelsea ……

Krul
    Simpson. Sayler. Colo santon
    Anita Tiote
    Ben arfa Cabaye. Marveux/guti
    Ba

previous post: Chelsea Could Find It Tough Going Against Newcastle

next post: Are Newcastle Still After A Center-Back?