Top Newcastle Striker – We’ll Be Ready For Chelsea

We don’t know how much playing time Papiss Cisse will get this afternoon at Stamford Bridge, after he started the game in Athens, Greece on Thursday night, and we have to think that if Shola Ameobi is fit again, he could get the start this afternoon, with Papiss coming in some time during the second half, maybe to score the winner for Newcastle . 😀

Papiss Cisse – may not start today?

Last season Newcastle went to Stamford Bridge and won 2-0, and that result was crucial in Newcastle finishing one point above the European Champions in 5th place in the Premier League,  the best we have done since Bobby Robson was sacked for only having us there in 2004, but missing out on a European Champions place – how things have changed since then.

A certain Papiss Cisse scored two goals, the second of which was just amazing, as he beat Petr Cech from way out on the left wing with the perfect shot late in the game.

This is what Papiss Cisse had to say on nufcTV yesterday:

“I don’t think it’ll be an easy game – it’ll be a very, very difficult game.””They’re going to be ready and we too are going to prepare ourselves for that as well.”  “We’re going to prepare ourselves for that, knowing that it won’t be an easy match – but the matches in England are never easy anyway.”

“They are all hard games.”  “To go and play at Chelsea who have won the Champions League, I’m excited to play in front of those guys and to show them that I too can do some things in this job.”  “It’s a pleasure – it’s going to be a pleasure to go down there. I hope we do something good like last year.”

“I watch them all the time because I’m happy, I’m proud to have scored the 13 goals,””My objective was to settle in quickly, to score goals and to find shots – so I kind of succeeded.”  “I try to watch the goals all the time and to concentrate myself on those actions, and try to find shots – even if they’re bad in training – whilst thinking about one or two goals I’d like to score.”

“I try to refind the feeling of those movements.”

Papiss Cisse scored 13 goals in 14 appearances last season, and he still has to open his account this season after two games having been played, but it could be that Stamford Bridge will become a happy hunting ground for the top Senegal striker.

If the defense can put in one of their strong performances this afternoon and stay tight,  Newcastle could get some kind of result today in London, and we’d be happy enough with a draw.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• outsidethebox

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM

krull
    simpson saylor collo (perch if inj ) santon
    benny cabaye tiote (anita if inj ) gutti
    cisse ba (shola /marv if inj )

pardue tends to stick to same team if poss

• Magickit

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I remember Pardew said after 0-5 to spurs last season that he was a bit wrong to put a too aggressive starting 11.

So I can see he will change to a very defensive 4-2-3-1 today with Ba as lone striker.

The starting 11 will probably

Krul
    Simpson – S.Taylor – Colo – Santon

Tiote – Anita

HBA- Cabaye- Jonas

BA

I can see a very conservative 1st Half. Maybe no more than 5 shots together for both teams. But I will support this and see hows going and give Cisse 30mins to shine.

Also, I hope Amalfitano can be give 15min to show how he can do. The lads is very smart with and without ball. Can make sth different ~~~

• magpie6699

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Can’t see us getting anything here. Not the best preparation for us and last season likely to be a one-off. They’ve started well and as we know, added to their squad (just ÂŁ75 million, though – obscene!!)
    No real hopes of anything – a narrow defeat and good performance my best hope.

• Dannyo

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM

This match will be about which defense breaks down first imo.
    Both have strong midfields, but i’d like to think we’re a class above in the striker section.
    Atleast in terms of goalsscored.
    It’ll be a tough one!

• outsidethebox

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM

magic kit ..that would be my starting 11 as well but with cisse in for ba …but think that ap will go for tried and tested with ba on left wing in midfield 5 …lets hope that amalfitano gets on to swap wings with benny love to see him run at ivanovic

• keeping the faith

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Chelsea have hardly looked convincing in their first 2 games against relegation favourites. We will be a much sterner test with the majority of our starting 11 having a full weeks rest where Chelsea played Reading in midweek. Although Chelsea are favourites I am confident we can get a result. Hazard is their only improvement from the team that played us in last year at Stamford Bridge

• GeordieDan

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Magickit>

Agree with you completely.

I think (hope) you’ve got it spot on their mate. That hammering off Spurs did us a lot of good in hindsight.

You pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. Hoping we can keep it close until we unleash Cisse towards the end of the game as a super-sub for the winner! 😀

• PJ

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hoping for the same result as last year, but been an optimist I would be very happy with a draw. Saying that even though Chelsea have won there 2 premier league games they haven’t looked great at the back, conceding 2 against reading midweek. So hoping cisse and co can do the business and rip that Chelsea back line apart… Come on the toon!!!!

• Beattie25

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Did anyone else see that Munchingballsack got beat the other night in the CL qualifiers. 3-1 at home!

Ha ha ha, Luuk De Jong, enjoy your taste of CL.

Anyway regarding Chelsea today, it depends entireley on our creative play. If Cisse/Ba are not fed then we have to rely on luck and/or individual brilliance.

I hope we line up with a solid 4-5-1 and attack them.

I think it’ll be a defensive 4-4-2 as per.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Magic

Parse did say that then we went to Chelsea last year with cisse and Ba up top and won 2-0

The spurs game was more down to missing tiote and cabaye in the middle I think.

It will be an interesting game as Chelsea have been carved apart in their two games so far. We just need to take our chances.

• Shane

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Liverfool just agreed a loan deal for Sahin!?

I swear he was Songs replacement at Arsenal?

Bring on the Tiote to Arsenal rumours again… Zzz

Regarding today as I sit here eating last night’s Chinese takeaway leftovers and await Soccer AM to nurse this mother of all hangovers, 2-1 to the toon!

So long as we score first. If they go ahead we’re in trouble .

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM

We will pack the midfield we have to when we play teams with 5 in the middle if we dont the game just passes buy us cabs and tiote dont get a look in.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Beattie

I am just hoping for a formation and attitude similar to wear brom away last year.

4-3-3/4-5-1 whatever people see it as with the potential for a fast break.

• northernirishtoon

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Think cabaye tiote and Ben Arfa will destroy Mikel and lampard. I think we can definitely get something here today lads. What a start to the season that would be 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I would also like to see hba on the left at times.

Ivanovic is a bit rash at times and benny could get us a penalty or get him sent off.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Liverpool are paying ÂŁ5m for a 1 year loan deal.

No option to buy.

Woah.

• wingspan

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Look at baby faced Yohan, still a handsome beast. I would take a 0-0 today like france vs belgium!

• TorqToon

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

TDS – have you got a link to that mate? My mate and I was having this discussion last night and he didn’t believe any fee was involved.