Alan Pardew Thanks Brilliant Newcastle Fans

It’s a big game this Thursday night in the Europa League against Greek side Atromitos, and also on Sunday afternoon at St. James’ Park against Aston Villa, and with so many top teams dropping points in their first two league games, a Newcastle win would see us with 6 points from our three games, and well positioned in the Premier League during the International break.

Alan Pardew – our fans are brilliant

With two weeks and a day before our next game, this is not the time for Newcastle to put in a poor performance in the upcoming two home games this week,  and Alan Pardew is today thanking their fans for their terrific supportm, and he had this to say to nufcTV:

“Our fans will be there if they can afford it, and hopefully they can.” “Tough times at the minute, but they were brilliant on Saturday, absolutely brilliant our fans are, and we thank them for their support, and hopefully next Thursday we can give them something happy to cheer about.”

Our first game after the International break is a daunting one at Everton on Monday night 17th September at 8:00 pm, and Everton have been in great form so far this season, with two good wins from their first two games, and Goodison Park is always a difficult place for Newcastle to visit.

We have to hope that there is a good attendance for Thursday night’s game against Atromitos, which has an 8:00 pm kick off, and then on Sunday against Villa, when the kick-off is at 4:00pm.

Hey, two wins this week and we’ll be in good shape – well positioned in the Premier League after the first three games and in the Europa League group stages –  with the guarantee of six European games before the end of the year.

Sounds good to us.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• leefire

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM

• Graeme

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM

The way Everton are playing at the moment, any points down there will be good news!!

• leefire

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I really feel like I have achieved something in my life by being first. And I will be going on Thursday and am really looking forward to it.I hope there is a good turnout.

• HatemOrLoveHim

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Arnt you a big boy

• walton1984

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I think every body who follows Newcastle would agree we need the following a LB, RB, CB and SK and me personally think maybe a extra Winger, i know we aint goin too get 5 players in before Friday but hopefully we can get one or 2 players in before then and keep all ours players and i will be happy!!!!!!!!

• martoon

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Let’s be honest these are two very winnable games and if we don’t win both then the negas will be out in force – probably with some justification.

• LooneyToon41

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Apologies if this has been posted before, but for those interested in the fundamentals lying behind our new (and thus far successful) transfer policy, then the following article is a very interesting read :-

• Lee Dodd

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

There Will be a Good Crowd on Thursday Evening. Probably a New Player included – Now who will it be ?? A.C ?? Debouchey ??? Douglas ??? All 3 ??? I hope so !!!

• pawl250

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Graeme –

We are playing Aston Villa on Saturday, not Everton. That game is after the international break on Monday 17th September.

We can expect a hard game then, but this week I would hope we can win.

Had I been offered 6 points in 3 games at the start of the season I would have taken it! Especially with games against Chelsea and Spurs.

Hopefully this weekend we can do the business. I am silently confident we will progress is Europe.

I would still play the kids/backup though, with a couple of first team players. Try to keep things as fresh as possible!

Cisse and Cabaye need to sort the fitness levels out as they look tired, I know Cisse played 90 mins in Greece but even against Spurs he didnt look fit.

• Rowan Milsted

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

We are indeed brilliant!

Ed’s right, 2 wins by the end of the week and we’ll be waking up happy on Monday. It’s going to be tough due to the fixtures we have and the niggling injuries/fitness problems with several of our players, but after the success we had last season these are the type of games we really need to win. And I’m fairly confident we will…

• Nufc-83

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Cisse needs to sort himself out along with aguero and dempsey there causing havoc to my fantasy football ffs.

• Paps

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Hate to be pessimistic but I think the spuds will get Remy if we go for him as they’re pikeys like that. I just dont think levy could let us have someone of that ability. I dont want carrol back as for that money that’s far too much. Not sure who we’d turn to after that.

Regarding douglas, I don’t like the way he’s messed us about. As for Mbia, I can’t see him coming due to interest from chelski even though those rumours are bs. Would love to see debuchy in but it’s gone on for too long.

I hate to say this but I think the best we can hope for is to keep our players.

Really hope Cashly prooves me wrong though.

• Paps

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

NUFC 83
    In my league everyone except me had hazard as captain so you ain’t got it that bad
    🙁

• Rotonda heights

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Mbia and MBiwa are not the same player!!