Newcastle Injury Update – Nothing Serious

Injured Cheick Tiote could be back for Newcastle’s important home game against Aston Villa on Sunday, and that will be good news for Newcastle fans.

Cheick Tiote – in action against Tottenham

Newcastle play tomorrow night against Greek Super League side Atromitos, and then against Aston Villa on Sunday, and two wins will see Newcastle in fine shape for the International break, after their first five tough games of the season.

Newcastle will be through to the groups stages of the Europa League with a win or a 0-0 draw tomorrow night, and we will have gained 6 points from the first three league games with a win against Villa,  so we should also be in a decent position in the league table.

Yohan Cabaye is still to return to his best form this season for the Magpies, but manager Pardew seems to have no worries about the French International, as he had this to say yesterday:

“Yohan Cabaye looks fine which is good for us.” “I think we are OK with everybody else.”

Cabaye was brought off  after 77 minutes in the 2-0 defeat at Chelsea on Saturday, after suffering a knock, but it seems it was only a precaution.

Yohan is expected to be ready to play tomorrow night and on Sunday in the important two games coming up, although we’d be surprised if he starts tomorrow night, with Dan Gosling likely to get another start in central midfield.

Tiote apparently has some sort of calf injury, and other injuries include those to the two Ameobi bothers.

Sammy has not been available yet this season, and both brothers have hamstring problems, something that has dogged Shola over his entire career, and we hope Sammy isn’t also prone to hamstring problems.

Youngsters Shane Ferguson and Haris Vuckic only have slight knocks, and the four of them will be looked at today, to see if they can make the squad for tomorrow night’s game.

It would be good to see both Shane and Haris back playing again, since they are two promising youngsters at Newcastle, as is Sammy Ameobi.

It doesn’t appear there are too many serious injuries in the squad, and we have to hope Newcastle will soon have a clean bill of health.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

There will be a lot of injuries at 11.01pm on Friday of we don’t sign anyone.

Beattie smash!!!

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM

It’s good to hear that Cabaye is fit.

He’ll fly through his arsenal medical now.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

On debuchy

Tonight Lille play the champions league play off 2nd leg.

They are a goal down and if they don’t get through they will be missing out on 20+million.

Hopefully we can pounce on a deal for debuchy then.

• bazrazmataz

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Lile will beat Copenhagen at home with ease its not like they are three nil down

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Disclaimer: Readers are reminded that Ochy’s following post is only a hypothetical situation and should not be taken as a cry for Pardew’s head. Ochy takes no responsibility for any diarrhea, injury or death caused by the following post.

Hypothetically, if Pardew were to be sacked or leave, who would you like as his replacement (realistically). To be honest, as much as I hate the bloke, I’d rather Harry Redknapp be our next manager.

• nicktoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Beattie….Depends on the point I was arguing my dear Beatrice.

Ambition and strengthening are two different things, as you point out.

People were questioning Ashley’s ambition. If he had no ambition for the club would we have acquired Cisse, Cabaye, Ba, Santon, HBA, etc?

I have clearly said we need strengthening, mainly FB and CB. Why we don’t have them yet, I really don’t know for sure. Probably Mike being cheap, but this was not the point I was discussing.

On ambition again, I think last summer showed some real ambition by the club, however, you cannot live off that for years to come, I don’t expect to be saying in 10 years “oh yes, but remember that one summer, I think it was the summer of 2011, we did some good business there like”.

Think I’ll save comments on transfers until the window closes then assess how I feel. This constant bickering between fans is getting silly when no one knows (and I’m pretty confident that not one of us really knows) what is going on at the club.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM

His comments on the SS article suggest we might get him f they don’t qualify

And while they should win at home if they concede an away goal it becomes very tricky.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Beattie…On Ruiz…Can we not ask the same question? Prove there was no bid?

I do understand it may have just been a publicity stunt to say “well, we tried”. But that too is speculation, so perhaps we should just drop it.

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Ibiza
    Convenient that there have been “late bids” for N’Zogbia and Ruiz. To be honest, they were both very high bids so their respective clubs had no reason to reject them (you could argue against that in the case of Whelan but still).

• SupaToonKid

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I will not say anything about our progress in this transfer window as there is still a slight opportunity of additions but if we do not sign anybody there will be nuclear explosions on this blog.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Beattie – why the gnashing of teeth? I told you that Pardew was told to make do 3 weeks ago, and that prompted a row between him and Llambsarse, and a delegation of players led by Cabaye telling him how disgusted they were at the lack of investment. As usual, you amongst others abused me – my integrity intact, your abuse uncalled for! Cabaye won’t be here much longer because he is livid that the reason given for not signing his pal is because at 27, he is too old to bid more than £5m for. No footballing reason of course, just financial. To those saying that Ashley has turned this club around – you muppets! A 12 month profit/loss account shows a small loss, and celebrations. Look at the balance sheet, you idiots, £145m in debt, and he’s been here 5 years and sold off every off field asset the club had, and cut the admin staff to such lengths, that thousands don’t receive their season tickets on time, yet again, and unless you’re dead lucky, nobody to answer your phone calls. AND, don’t forget the £1 tax on fans buying away tickets. If the Government did this to you, you would be spitting blood. Now, say what you like, because I’m logging straight off, but I couldn’t resist one last ‘told you’.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Welcome back jimmymagpie 😉 I thought we had lost you mate

• quitesimple

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM

tiote doesnt get injured

injuries get tiote’d

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM

(laughing silently in silence) Beatice…HAHA…HAHA…now that’s funny! 😉

• tooninspain

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quite simple…..you sure are mate.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Ochy….I’m not saying they were or were not legitimate bids, but they would be late, seeing as we sold Carroll late. End result is, i’m glad we didn’t get them that January, we benefited in the long run.

Jimmy…..I’d say welcome back, but it appears you’re not back, just stopping to the level of those who you have criticised.

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

JimmyMagpie is right. We must rid our club of the cancer that is Mike Ashley. Trying to follow the Arsenal financial model doesn’t work. Look at them now, selling off their best players because their refusal to invest well has prevented them from challenging for trophies. Our players will get tired of an unambitious board and leave. Mediocrity from now on under Ashley.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I agree. Ashley out. Last season was so mediocre.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Let us calm down now shall we 😉

Wooza…now take a deep breath everyone…

How do you feel now?

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Ibiza
    Last season was great but it was more down to luck than anything. We were lucky with injuries and some how got results against teams when we played crap. Add to that that we actually strengthened last season and you have the reasons we did so well. Now all the teams around us have bought in good players and you still expect us to challenge? I can’t see it. However, I will more than happily eat humble pie if I’m proved wrong.

• Valci

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Ochy – sorry mate but i strongly disagree. I’ll take the Arsenal model over the ManCity/Chelski model any day. Clubs like ManCity, Chelski, Real, Barca, PSG etc etc are the real cancer in football today. They are the ones that have driven transfer fees and player wages up over the past decade. If it were up to me FIFA’s FFP rules would be strictly enforced and clubs that don’t/can’t comply kicked out of all international competitions.

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Ibiza

Regarding Ruiz my sentiments Exactley.

Regaring ambition/strengthening. I think that by strengthening you show ambition. It’s sometimes not the players name that comes through the door that indicates ambition. Somethines it’s just surveying the horizon, noticing what the club needs and having the ambition to rectify it. For me it sounds like Ashley has said ‘well I showed ambition last year so why should I do it again? What do I have to prove if I have shown it before?’

That’s not good enough and by not rectifying the areas we need to strengthen is a complete and utter lack of ambition. For me they are the same thing.

Southampton signing Gaston Rameriez shows ambition but without strengthening all areas it is small ambition.

My ambition in life is to be the best I can be and I’ll take every opportunity to be that, learn from my mistakes, take every opportunity to strengthen my weaknesses and always look to improve so I can be the best I can be. Once I’ve done everything I can I’ll leave it in the hands of fate to determine my success.

The same should apply to nufc. If Ashleys sports direct empire had the opportunity to strengthen do you think he would do the sane as what he is doing now with our club?

Anyway I’m stil confident!!

• Markaccus

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So much negative here today. Its like a photographers dark room 😀

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Valci
    Oh I agree that PSG, City etc. Are immoral and have caused the ludicrous prices we see today but trying to keep a healthy balance sheet is the other extreme. It takes away your teams competitiveness (see Arsenal) and eventually, players just get fed up. I’m not asking MA to spend hundreds of millions but just to make £15/20 million to keep us competitive with the teams around us and hopefully, allow us to push on even further.

• Tooooon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Beattie – Thanks for that spiritual comment, very awe inspiring.

• Markaccus

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

On ruiz, I for one I’m glad that the bid (if there was one) failed. He’s a big pile of disease ridden wnak!

• FatmanJoe

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Let’s not turn on each other, that’s what they want.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Ibiza – last season mate, believe me, we had an awful lot of luck in a good few matches. I stood at Blackburn getting my boll-cks frozen, saw us totally outplayed. Blackburn miss a score of chances, Krul play out of his skin, and we won 2-0. That happened a few times last season, plus a keeper, who alone, on Pardew’s admission saved us 15 points at least. Don’t take my word for it, remember Pardew this summer, the defence is my top priority, we definitely need to strengthen at the back. This was after he had seen us ripped apart again at Wigan and Everton. Where are the defenders that Pardew said was a priority? Nobody, and I mean nobody, has supported this club more than me through more downs than you younger ones will ever know, but even I am beginning to wonder why I am bothering at the moment. Believe me, Cabaye isn’t the only one beginning to realise that the likes of Enrique, Barton, and Nolan were right about this club’s ownership. Ashle couldn’t give a sh-t whether we finish 5th or 15th, as long as we stay in the Premier League.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Ochy….”we actually strengthened last season”. So last year he was non cancerous, but this season he is?

I said it earlier that I think we’re mixing two issues.

One being Ashleys long term ambition for the club and the other being whichever current transfer window we’re discussing.

I just don’t see how people can say he has no ambition. Might not be shooting for the top, but we have improved.

• Valci

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM

ochy – imho Arsenal are competitive within their means. They finished 3rd and are constantly in the CL while still having a financially sound model. What is so wrong with that? … Like i said… i’d take that over the likes of ManCity any day. And i will admit that they are having a rocky start of the season but if i’m not mistaken they didn’t start last season brilliantly either… factor in 2-4 new players in the first team and you understand how they might need a bit of time to solidify as a group. I wouldn’t call them uncompetitive though.

• bro56

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM

chairman on Debuchy

Seydoux, though, maintains that he will not be forced into a sale and remains optimistic regarding Lille’s chances of turning the Copenhagen tie around.

He told L’Equipe: “If we fail to qualify for the Champions League would I be forced to accept Newcastle’s proposal? You know that I am not very flexible when it comes to business.

• jimmymagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Valci and Ochy – I agree 100% with what you BOTH say. On that note, bye!

• ppb

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM

boy jimmy has become a right bitter old sod.
    ok lets see cabayes disgust and no.more investment. bearing un mind the transfer window still open.
    plus i couldn’t give a monkeys because our squad ain’t bad anyway. we’re stronger albeit with senior less numbers

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Jimmy

Great to have you back and I completely agree!

• Toonboy_84

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Just logged in lads, was in a great mood. But after reading a few posts, I’m off to hang myself! Anyone available to kick the chair from under me?

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Ibiza
    Last season we used the Carroll money and money from the sales of Nolan, Enrique etc. To strenghten. I doubt that much of Ashley’s money was used in the purchases of Cabaye and the likes. I don’t think MA intended to be ambitious but rather to gamble on us staying in the Premier League. It paid off more than any of us thought it could. It is not ambitious to recycle funds from player sales to fund new signings as at the end of the day, your generally still in the same position (roughly the same number of players) although we did get lucky that all of the players we brought in were in form last season. Might not happen again.
    Cisse is the only exception that I still can’t work my head around.

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM

We didn’t strenghtnen last season!

We improved the quality of the team but we did not strengthen!

We showed a quantum of ambition but not full blown ambition.

We have not strengthend since relegation, only improved quality over time.

This season we have not improved the quality or strengthened!

• ppb

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM

actually i take back calling you a sod. you do make agood point but i will reserve judgement until a) the end of the window and b) the end of the season

• alex84

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Toonboy84 I would mate but waiting for someone to kick my chair.