Newcastle Still Negotiating To Get Andy Carroll Back

The local papers have been reporting that Newcastle have been negotiating with Liverpool this week for the return of Andy Carroll, and with the rumors the Mersyside club will soon bring in American striker Clint Dempsey from Fulham, Andy will not see much playing time at Anfield this season.

Andy Carroll – back to Newcastle by Saturday?

As the transfer window comes to an end that should proved extra pressure on Liverpool to make a deal with Newcastle, and we’re sure that’s exactly what they are hoping for.

A couple of readers have informed me of the AnfieldMole, who seems to have a good track record in his predictions and has some inside contacts at Liverpool.

And according to him (or her) Newcastle are still in negotiations with Liverpool, but personal terms have already been agreed with the Geordie lad, and he’s willing to take a wage cut to return to Tyneside.

That’s good news, and if the news is to be believed Liverpool want £17M for him and Newcastle have offered £14M, so there’s seems a decent chance the move could go through if that is accurate.

And if we get Carroll, Andy would be an excellent addition to the strike force, and would prove a good and different option to Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse up front.

And with Shola Ameobi always injured for at least half a season with hamstring problems Andy should see a fair bit of playing time and will start the games in Europe and in the other cups, and he’ll get on at least as a substitute in the Premier League games and will start some of them, if he’s as good as when he was initially at Newcastle. We’re sure he will be.

But Carroll may be the only new player coming through the door before Saturday, but not long to go now, before all this will be sorted out – or it wont be. 😀

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Raj

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

He’s not coming Ed.. No strikers through this window.. Ya Debuchy deal may turn out to be a last minute dearth.. Fingers crossed..

• Hatem's better than Messi

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

C’mon home big lad. The price is right.

• Ben3arfa

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I really dont like how we have handled our business this window esp with regards to the Carroll deal.

It’s like we have dropped everything we need/should be pursuing to try and bring him back .. which I think is strange considering he is not any better than the strikers we currently have

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

…I am just ignoring this about Carroll again 😉

Anywho, were we talking about Boilesen this fine wednesday?

Well first of all he is young, danish and a great LB prospect no doubt about that, but Ajax had two protential LB, Boilesen and Anita. Since we already have bought Anita I don’t think they are letting us have Boilesen 😉

And just to correct our good old mighty Beattie 😉 Boilesen was first choice LB, but he has hamstring problems – big time! He missed most of last season and he missed the EC with DK 🙁

Anita was moved into midfield because someone left I think, and now Schöne plays there 🙂

• BigKirky

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

The more we look at the reports, the more time seems to slow down. Just waiting for that moment when we hear of a player being on their way for a medical and confirmation via a cross section of reports that this is indeed true.

Oh how I long for that moment once more.

• MacToon

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Should I be holding my breath at this stage?

• Spreadthetoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Oh the irony of it! Just to think of the tons of names linked with our club and we seem unable to get anyone over the line! Devoid of ambition and ideas….well done MA!?!. Its one thing to be frugal but running a club through European competition with a frail squad is poor.

• FatmanJoe

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

17m is an insane amount for a striker who has been so poor over the last season. A serious waste of money. He’s not better than what we have so will just sit on the bench.

Looks like Walcott is going to city instead of Sinclair so why not put in a 8m bid for Sinclair who plays really well in a 433? Saves on 9m by my estimate and strengthens our attacking options – a Loven replacement if you will.

Use that 9m to bring in another youth and erik pieters, strengthening lb – a position we’r really weak in.

I should be a manager, this transfer business is well easy.

• BelfastMagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Sky sports news are travelling to France with Barton Haha

Circus..

• Toon73

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Who is this scousemole???

Someone here did make a cryptic claim a few weeks back we would get Carroll back in on deadline day. Seemed sure of himself…we’ll see.

• BelfastMagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

The anfield mole even got a mention lol

What a stupid name.

• ochytoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

No we’re not.

• Markaccus

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

All those mole hills might deflect the ball into the goal, just like the beach ball did against the scum.

• Toon73

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Exactly @Fatman.

If it were up to me this transfer rubbish would have been sorted weeks ago.

Anita 6.6m
    Debuchy 6.5m
    Guidetti 5m
    Pieters 3m

ALL IN

Net spend: 17.5m

That’s only half the Carroll £ profit. How hard can it be to strengthen a squad ?

• Ben3arfa

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Pardew himself said we are competing with Spurs Everton and Liverpool

compare our signing to theirs , just try doing it for a minute and not get pissed off

I really hope we didnt sign Anita as a replacement player , if so , then the people handling transfers are taking the piss and being pr1cks again

• alex84

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Fatmanjoe, he has only been poor coz Liverpool didn’t play to his strengths, he also had downing providing one assist all season, he never had a good run in the team, he played well one game benched thew next, if he comes back here I’d be delighted, not because he is a Geordie, because he is a damn good striker!

• BelfastMagpie

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

He’s actually got a picture off a mole as his picture Haha

Im saying no more 😉

• Valci

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hope this transfer happens already…tired of yet another saga. I swear Debuchy and Carroll have had dedicated articles on this site on a daily basis (well… almost).

• BWP93

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Even though i like andy, i don’t think he is what we need in this transfer window. I would prefer it if we went for somebody like dries mertens of psv or remy. Mertens is quick, can play on the left or as a striker and got a decent amount of goals and assists last season. Im sure we will have scouted him, since carr does most of his work in Holland. 10 million up front might tempt psv and that saves a significant amount on the supposed fee for carrol. Of course, i have no idea if he would actually cost that because he has four years left on his contract.

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Southampton has just signed Mayuka from Young Boys 🙂

• barcodejoe

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

no no no no NO. for gods sake forget Carroll and move ON

• elpaso_geordie

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

If we are wiling to spend 14-17 millon on Carroll i would have much prefered signing 2 or even 3 decet players that would challenge first team places than another not very quick agile striker.

Pardew is sticking with 442 which i had mentioned earlier in the summer and got shot down in flames y lots on this site……… no shock to me and a mid table 10th place finish awaits

• ppb

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

@jesper i might stick him in my dream team

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

One window does not dictate whether the club has no ambition. It may be a missed opportunity, but it’s not as bad imo as some of you are making out.

As for Spurs, I am waiting to judge them as of Saturday morning when they have finished with their dealings. At the current moment, they haven’t improved overall from last season, they’ve added some great players, but lost an equal amount of talent.

Everton have done pretty well (Is it 2 good signings?), well one more for us and we’ll have matched them. From the way people are going on you’d have thought they’ve re-built their squads and we’ve sold all our players.

Not saying it’s been a good window for us, but the doom mongering is a bit far fetched. That isn’t aimed at all of you disappointed in lack of transfers, nor am I calling anyone a negger (I know you don’t like that term and it makes you feel you can’t post freely on the blog). Perspective is all I ask.

Ashley Out!

• HatemOrLoveHim

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I can’t believe dembele is signing for spuds! I think he is an awesome player who would have been a welcomes addition to our squad! Could he play LW? All I know is that I’m happy with the squad apart from RB and CB! Two players mike! Get it done! Corchia and Mbwia would be heavenly but we are most likely to get beye

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM

ppB…did you get a team?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

ppb….Did you manage to get a team sorted or are they sticking to their guns and keeping the riff raff out?

• jawballsaswallwell

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Andy Carroll is now an established England striker, who was at times immense at Newcastle. 14-17 million is a fair price and would be an astonishing coup considering what he was sold for. If Andy is prepared to take a pay cut then Mike should be doing what’s needed to bring him back. I think he will sign him, as much a gesture of largesse from Mike to the fans as anything else.

• HatemOrLoveHim

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I can’t believe dembele is signing for tottenham think he is an awesome player who would have been a welcomes addition to our squad! Could he play LW? All I know is that I’m happy with the squad apart from RB and CB! Two players mike! Get it done! Corchia and Mbwia would be heavenly but we are most likely to get Beye and boumsong

• bazrazmataz

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM

There is something not right this window such a low net spend big TV deal round the corner I wonder if mike is getting the books to look better for another attempt at selling us next year

• stu.toon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Liverpool fans will be laughing if we take him back hes not worth the asking price at all

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I’m so excited!!!!!!

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Cmon Ibiza that’s hardly an argument.

It’s not just one window it’s been every window since we’ve been promoted.

We have needed a cb and a FB for years! This is more than just ambition its about strengthening!!!!!

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Sorry in just being silly.

I have heard Carroll could be making a return today though.

As I always say…since more source proved less than reliable…this may not happen today but very confident of it by Friday 11pm

• quitesimple

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

looking past carrolls negative points. anyone remember his hattrick against aston villa? all three goals were different, he certainly is a threatening player on his day

• alex84

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Jeeez, some of you I swear just want a signing for the sake of it, just to say we have more players, I think we know the regime by now we will do a deal if its right for the club, remember how everyone got so excited about Bryan Ruiz…dodged that bullet, he is cr@p! In Carr we trust, never failed us before!

• jesperfuglsang

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Well I wouldn’t say this has been a great window, but neither has is been a bad one 🙂 very diplomatic here lol

I am glad we haven’t lost anyone significant, but the same time I don’t really quite understand how we can gi into this season a still haven’t signed a CB (a priotity dating way back to last seson).

And knowing that both Demba’s could be playing in the ACON come January and good old Shola is chronically injured I find it a bit strange that these areas haven’t been strengthen 🙁

I know it could all pan out and then I would look stupid 😉 lol…Taylor could play all season without any injuries, Senegal might not quallify for the ACON and Shola might be free from his hamstring problems and what else he got 🙂 and the sun might even set in west, we might even see two thursdays in a week and hell might even freeze over and pigs can fly 🙂

Anything can happen I know, but I would be much more calm if we just signed another CB and another forward 🙂

• nicktoon

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Doesn’t really say much but shows we haven’t increased our bid and probably won’t.

• Beattie25

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Every Tom, Dick and Harry (but especially the dicks) bring up Bryan Ruiz as a point in the argument of why it is good to hold off on signings.

Show me the facts behind the bid!! Prove to me the bid was actually made! Give mr the details on how nufc actually though a bid that late for a guy already undergoing a medical at Fulham would’ve actually been acceptedZ

There is no case for that argument.