Newcastle Quickly Arrange European Fixtures

Newcastle have announced the dates of their six group games in the Europa League, and that’s good because it will allow fans who can go and want to support the lads to get their tickets and travel  booked.

Alan Pardew – managed only two games in Europe with West Ham

The group is a good one for Newcastle, so we are hoping the lads can progress beyond the group stages this season, and we’ll know that at the latest by December 6th, although the Premier League is the number one priority this season, as Alan Pardew keeps reminding us.

Newcastle will begin their Europa league games at Maritimo on the Island of Madeira on Thursday, 20th September.  Madiera play in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, and the finished in 5th place with 50 points last season.

Newcastle then play two games at home against Bordeaux (4th October) and Brugge (25th October), and with 29,242 at last night’s game it looks like the lads will get some good support in Europe – as usual.

And then on 8th November Newcastle will head to Brugge, before taking on Maritimo at St. James’ Park on 22nd November, and then finish off away to Bordeaux on 6th December.

Here are the Newcastle United Europa League fixtures, courtesy of the Newcastle web-site:

All kick-offs listed are Central European Time, which is one hour ahead of local Newcastle time.

Thursday, 20th Sep – CS Maritimo v Newcastle  (7pm KO)
Thursday, 4th Oct- Newcastle  v FC Girondins de Bordeaux (9.05pm KO)
Thursday, 25th Oct – Newcastle  v Club Brugge (9.05pm KO )
Thursday, 8th Nov – Club Brugge v Newcastle  (7pm KO )
Thursday, 22nd Nov – Newcastle v CS Maritimo (9.05pm KO)
Thursday, 6th Dec – FC Girondins de Bordeaux v Newcastle (7pm KO)

It;s the first time in six seasons that Newcastle have qualified for Europe so while I’m disappointed we didn’t get in another couple of players over the summer, we still have a good squad, and we could shock people again this season.

But players like Ryan Taylor and James Perch are much better than they were last year,  and several of our youngsters have also improved a lot, and the four players we did sign look great buys – so there’s a positive way to look at things.

In retrospect, we should probably have kept Leon Best, and have him as the 4th striker – since he’s still young and done quite well for the Magpies, but it does give Adam Campbell more playing time, and this lad could prove to be a huge surprise on the upside this season.

We hope so – and we still think Newcastle can do very well this season, but we definitely need all 3 points against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Finally, news coming through that Newcastle defender Paul Dummett has joined St Mirren on loan until January, as their manager Danny Lennon has confirmed.

Dummett, who is only 20, was on loan to Blue Square Premier League side Gateshead last season, and he will get valuable playing time north of the border.

Comments welcome – but please respect other people’s opinions, even when you strongly disagree with them – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Doooooommmm I tell ya! Doom!

• MrMojoRisin76

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM

It’s cold and lonely…

• rainrix

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Ha ed predicting some unrest tonight with that little disclaimer at the bottom 🙂

• colwell

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Ryad Boudebouz anyone?

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Ibiza I’m willing to help you learn about negativity…

Newcastle has enough depth and Mike Ashley has done well to balance the books……..

this is the part where you call me an Ashley apologist/arselicker ect.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

rainrix….predicting? It’s already happening mate.

• Zero

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

ASHLEY OUT , BRING BACK SHEPPARD, BRING BACK SJP, BRING BACK SHEARER.

wheres my pitch fork….

DOOOM DOOOOOOOM DOOOM

right im good now, so recon we have a chance at the Euro league?

• rainrix

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Ibiza .. Touche i imagine it’ll get worse 😉

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Repost

Solano

Well as long as I keep currying “some respect” from you for my views does that keep me out of the ‘quasi-accountant’ brigade then?

I don’t pick and choose whose views to respect or not, every view, as long as it is reasoned and backed up with logic, be it negative or positive deserves respect.

What exactly are your ambitions solano? My ambitions at the start of last season was to try and crack the top ten with an outside chance of nicking a Europa League spot. We happened to finish 5th and were fighting for 3rd/4th up until the final few weeks of the season. So if your ambitions haven’t been matched that must mean that you had ambitions of winning the title or finishing 3rd/4th which would have been outlandish at best and delusional at worst.

This season I am still realistic and pragmatic, I accept our limitations, my ambitions are to finish top 7, and I believe we have a squad capable of doing that, which is why I am content with the squad we have now. I do not agree with faustino who says it is clear that we were close to finishing 9th/10th, that is preposterous! We were miles ahead of mid table, and we still suffered the usual rigmarole of injuries, so I find that assessment of our squad as totally ludicrous.

I choose, key word right there, to be happy with the current management of our club. I am no ones yes man or yuppie, my opinion is based on where we were as a club a few years ago compared to where we are now as a club. My ambitions for this club are not only being met, but are being exceeded, it is your right to have higher expectations of the club but please do not force those expectations on others.

If the moment comes where it is clear that my expectations are not being met, then and only then, will I question the ambition of those in charge.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM

From twitter- Sochaux: Ryan Boudebouz: piece llegar a Newcastle, which translates to Ryan Boudebouz can reach Newcastle! This sounds good’ , but until I see it on the yellow ticker, then I won’t believe it 100%! Cmon Ashley, GET THE CASH OUT!!

• Zero

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ruddy your post is invalid, you forgot to have DOOM tagged in there at some point. 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Sholadona…Why am I not surprised to see someone with Shola in their name (worst player EVER), happy with our progress. What progress? Ooooooo accounts are balanced. They’re not only balanced but they’re funding Ashley’s gambling habits. See the real world son, we’re being taken for a ride and I can’t believe you’re all taking it. Not surprising you can’t see what’s happening with your tongue so far up Ashley’s backside!

How did I do? Top of the negger class?

• toonking

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

ed if you think this is bad imagine the anger of us if we sold tiote or cabaye chance are protests would be shouting and pardew puppet relegation. so who know it still could get worst if we do loose any top start next window.

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

So is this calm before the storm or will it be this annoyance/calm level at 11pm?

• boater

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

So the spuds have let VDV and Modric go in under 24 hours without any replacement forwards. Liverpool the same with Carroll leaving… so far. Risky stuff.. here’s hoping they fall away this season.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Breno from previous thread

Djourou would make our XI? And Arshavin? Howay man you’re huffing paint.

Why are there so many toe-less freaks on this site? Doom I tells ya! 😀

• Zero

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Ibiza your getting close but you didnt slate any of our players you need a bit of Willo or Simmo bashing in there, possibly some drivel about having more English players would do it some good

• faustino

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Grapevine says its a Anterior Cruciate ligament for Raylor. Bad news. Minimum 3 months.

God news, european football on my Birthday for the first time in about 8 years! Dangerous 9pm kick offs like or is that central europe time?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM

rainrix…Well it’ll give me a lot of opportunity to practice my negging skills. I have ambition to be the biggest negger ever, more ambition that our club anyway….it’s quite easy this 🙂

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:19 PM

@Ibiza

Shola bashing 9/10 (Indian gets 10/10)
    Finances 8/10
    Insults 9/10
    Negativity 9/10

Grade A I would say, you’re doing well! 😉

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Babel joins Ajax on one-year contract!

• Beattie25

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Does anyone else think it’s hilarious that all the arsenal fans are going mad?!

Carzola, Giroud & Podolski!!

• pizzicatochan

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM

So the free transfer “window” is still open, so let’s check if there are any nice free deals.

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM

woooooow!!

watching the match and williamson just played a decent pass along the floor

is there light at the end of the tunnel??

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Have to agree with Zero though Ibiza. Where is the Simpson and Williamson bashing? They are at fault for everything related to NUFC!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Gateshead

Obertan done what weve wanted him to do for ages last nite he had a go at the full back and got the ball in the box he had a good game just hope he cam carry it on, gosling for me is no good should of played amal instead

• MrMojoRisin76

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Are there any Quantum Physics genius’s out there?,need help inventing a time machine so i can go back in time and kick Mike Ashley’s dad in the nuts repeatedly,and i could do with some iron clown shoes if anybody has any.

• Ian Toon

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Pardew has approached the transfer window closing with a Harry
    Redknapp denial to Sky of any further activity being likely. With Harry you invariably found a few hours later that there was in fact a lot of Spurs wheeler dealing. Don’t rule out a few surprise signings/ loan deals. Man City have a huge squad !!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Zero…Good point…I did mention Shola, but he’s not a player really. Ok, expanded rant.

It was clear as day to us last season that Willo and Simmo cost us a CL spot. They are league 2 quality at best and are dragging our club down as quickly as Ashley. It sickens me to see them in the black and white strip I love so much. I love it so much I have black strips tattooed down my entire body. Yes we had one of the best defenses in the league for a while, but that doesn’t prove my point. We lost heavily in some games and this is simply not acceptable!!! When we won it was down to luck, not skill, determination….luck.

It wont happen again and we’ll be lucky to catch up with some teams whose owners know what it means to run a football club….because they’re fans of football. Not accounts and money like you armchair accountants. You’re all pathetic. Why don’t you p*ss off and go play with an excel spreadsheet.

Ok, that was a little exhausting.

• Zero

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I think its funny this window, we all were convinced that 20 million would be spent, de jong, debuchy and douglas… even others like Remy, Carroll and Sakho all ”realistic” prospects lol gotta hand it to the club like lead us on a treat. What do you think will our statement after the window, we carnt use the ”we tried to get the over the line but we ran out of time” will it be ”Staylor, Obertan and Marv are going to be like new signings” lol

eeesh im getting good at this DOOM forcasting 😀

• ichrisho

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Has anyone ever seen a deadline day without TOON being mentioned?

• Gateshead-Mag

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM

eaststand

agree with every point youve just made mate, for me obertan has potential too unlock, where as gosling has shown all he has to offer

• ichrisho

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Take someone on Loan FFS… WTF? 🙁

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Anyone know what will be the cheapest game to get to? (away games)

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Just got in from work.

Firstly, I am an eternal optimist but very disappointed we have only brought in one of our targets.
    I put this down to the total incompetence of Lamearse and his insiginficant crony Charnley to negotiate. Pity they’re not stuffed in some paper bag…

I think Swansea have got the best deals this window, and possibly Everton too.

Fool have gone backwards, so have Spuds and Gooners… Not sure if Fulham will lose Dempsey yet, I reckon so, and they’ll be poorer as a result. QPR have bought a lot of players, some good’uns but geting that lot to gel as a team is another story.

We have held on to our bluechip players and brought in another, but what a missed opportunity it has been … another two or three players and we’d be very very strong… certainly a 4th place contender….now it’s down to luck in terms of injuries.

Law of unintended consequences.

I don’t think AP intends that Beattie hangs up his keyboard so, Beattie, please don’t leave the blog.

Conversely, Kets… please honour your pledge and do not post until ,”we negotiate for another player” so we can all get some peace from the keyboard diaorrhea you emit.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Gateshead

There the games obertan needs to sort himself out

• ichrisho

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

DId someone mention that Debuchy is in Town? I dont believe it… surely SPS would have mentioned it… ?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Can I come back now? I’m starting to feel ill and miserable.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
    Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
    ooooo I believe in yesterday

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

BBC are posting that we’ve been in for VDW from Ajax this afternoon but he’ll go to PSG

• ichrisho