Ryan Taylor Out For Months – No Replacement Coming In Today

The news on Ryan Taylor is as bad as we thought it could be, and Ryan could well have damaged the ligaments in his knee and that is a very serious injury.

Ryan Taylor – damaged knee ligaments

If it’s the ACL – the anterior cruciate ligament – that could take many many months to recover from, and it’s what Michael Owen had in 2006, and it took him a full year to recover, but there are different levels of damage, so we still don’t know exactly how many months Ryan will be out.

And as soon as Ryan was injured last night, he seemed to know instinctively he was badly injured, but the fact that he was able to limp to the dressing room, suggests it’s not that bad, and maybe it’s a two month or three month recovery job?

This is what was put out about Ryan tonight on the Newcastle web-site:

Newcastle United can confirm that defender Ryan Taylor will be ruled out for several months after suffering a knee injury during Thursday’s Europa League qualifier against Atromitos.

The 28-year-old landed awkwardly having hurdled a tackle in the early stages of the match and, being in clear pain, was immediately substituted.

Taylor underwent a scan on Friday afternoon, of which the results showed he has sustained a serious injury which will see him sidelined for months rather than weeks.

Everyone at Club wishes the popular player well in his recovery from the injury.

Alan Pardew had this to say:

“Sleeping on it, we have got good cover for Ryan with James Tavernier in particular and James Perch, who can play those roles, so we will probably go with what we have got now and in January, maybe look at it.”

Certainly James Perch can play well at full back, but nobody has the free kick ability that Ryan has, that saved us last week in Athens, Greece when he scored with that wonderful free kick.

And while James Tavernier is a very promising full back, he showed last week in Athens that he still has a lot to learn, and he’s not ready for long term first team action – not yet anyway.

It’s really bad news for Ryan, who was looking to push for a starting place at Newcastle and looked in great form.

Unfortunately it also looks like Newcastle are not bothering to bring any new player in today as cover.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I think pardew is as pi55ed of as us

• bro56

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:06 PM

so sad for the kid. looked happy with his bit-part and chipped in with some great performances for the toon lst season.

good luck with his recovery

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Good luck to Ryan in his recovery. A few mackem bastards round the internet laughing that he’s got injured, usual class from them.

• johnboy

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM

When was the last time we made a signing on deadline day?

• cupiddstunt

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Sorry Ed left me behind for a moment so a repost

WWYCD @ # 378

To post blindly is in reality more wasteful of effort than reading the posts.

As I said previously to post a comment on what is only a half read post is sad.

And the only one on their high horse at the moment is the poster that deigns it beneath them to read but not to post.

• niafron

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Hard Blow.

• 89Norcal

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Refusing to close a deal on another full-back in the next 2 hours and hoping for the best would certainly be par for the course for us.

• mattyNUFC

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM

eaststandgeordie

it’s been like this nearly every window. you think he’d sack up by now…

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Repost….spent enough time responding…it will be seen even if not enjoyed or agreed with 🙂

On that, I say goodbye until later…food awaits.

BandB…Once again, not understanding where it is you’re coming from. What ground rules?

Sales of all top players to return Ashley’s investment to date within the next 12 months – Possible. Why not this summer? Lack of interest perhaps.

Quick fire sale of the club once assets stripped – Sure, he did after all try and sell the club, but it was in a financial mess and wasn’t attractive to any buyers. Reduce the wage bill, keep it simple, investors would jump at the opportunity to take it on. Although, there is an argument to say this may be more appealing if we were a European quality team with key players intact.

Brownfield Site – I’m sure he does….lots of money making opportunity and he is obviously a successful businessmen.

Andy Carroll – At the time, I was gutted. I fully believed we had our next Shearer. Our new number 9 banging in goals, terrorising defenders and was also being called up to the England squad, what more could we want? Then in came Liverpool with £35m, which whatever way you want to dress it up was an amazing amount of money for the lad. As for the Judas rubbish, no comment, I have no inside knowledge, I have no idea who instigated it, but financially all did well out of it (except Liverpool of course). Most fans wouldn’t have him back now as they think he lacks quality, I strongly disagree and would welcome him back.

SDA – A part of our history renamed. IF it had been sold off, as we were told, then I could see some possible gain, although I didn’t like it. It will always be SJP to me and most fans. If he had come out and said, do you know what, I’m going to use it as free advertising due to the money I’ve invested, I wouldn’t of liked it either, but would have at least some understanding and a smidgen of respect. As it happens, I don’t on this front.

You then say I created that lie for them? I guess you mean the fans in general or am I responsible for that one? I trust if I did, someone will dig through and show me where I did.

The upshot of your argument is we’re being financially controlled in order to sell us on. Well if he’s such a horrible person to have at our club, then surely we’ll be better off? I don’t see too many real fan millionaires trying to buy us from him, so do we have much choice at this point?

Maybe you’re point is we shouldn’t be happy with what we have been calling slow steady progress, when in fact it’s all part of MA’s exit strategy? Definitely some merit in the idea, time will tell.

For now, I am enjoying the assembled squad (yes, assembled under Ashley). He has also given an 8 year contact to our chief scout who has been behind many of these signings, doesn’t sound like short term planning with a view to rinse us then run, but we will see.

• Sholadona

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM

@Johnboy Xisco and Nacho Gonzalez, two brilliant players brought in from Dennis Wise.

Think other times have been Sibierski (2006) and Michael Owen and Nobby Solano (2005)

• johnboy

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Sholadona

Cheers mate, if that’s the case I’d be happy with nobody!! Been resigned all day to the fact we wouldn’t get anyone in! Disappointing!

• FatmanJoe

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Good post Ibiza.

Agree with pretty much everything. I’m still baffled by the stadium change but time will tell I guess.

• Dannyo

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM

@Jail
    Just responding to your last post on the former thread.

I understand your frustration and dissapointment, this window, for me, was one where we could’ve bridged the gap and aimed for CL with only 3 key players coming in and keeping the important ones.
    We’ve done half the job, and to an extent, MA deserves some credit for that. As AP said, there’s been oppertunities where we could’ve cashed in, but MA has said no.
    I think that goes a little way, cause quite frankly, it’s more than any of us originally would expect.

The part where we needed new players is where we’re let down. We’ve failed to strengthen our weakest areas, which is a shame tbh, cause that makes or breaks a run for CL for me.
    I think the season will be a good one yet again. But not as good as it perhaps could’ve been.

I have to say tho, i do not feel “stabbed in the back” by MA and DL, but i am dissapointed, altho the primary objective was achieved. Keeping our top players.

• Beattie25

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM

With Raylor being 28 I reckon this could be a sad day for him.

I must say as I plummet towards my final few posts that I feel sorry for the players. We have gathered such a fantastic group who gave their all last season to propel us to the top 5. Some sacrificed CL football to fight for us, play for us and win for us.

You really can sense in the players that they believe they are close to something truly magical.

The least they deserve is a bit of investment but it’s not to be.

I really believed in this team, believed that this was our time but all I fear will come of this is a missed opportunity and a time we shall talk of when we saw that player in black and white.

We cannot expect to keep players of CL quality if we are not pushing for that level and i really fear. Not for this season, we’ll be fine. Next summer though I feel could be rue beginning of another downward spiral.

Thems the breaks and I hope I’ll be proven wrong.

Just under 2hrs.

A sad day on Tyneside of things remain the same.

• Joe1987

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Even Everton are spending money……this transfer window had the chance to be the most important in a long time for us and we’ve failed misserable to build on a great squad!!

• WWYCD

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:14 PM

cupiddstunt
    What I am commenting on is u slating someone for name calling then doing the exact same thing…I dont really care what opinions are being passed between u and whoever u are talking too and I understand from ur comment u have been called a name…not really sure what more context I require to comment on ur hypocrisy

• bro56

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:14 PM

just drove past St James’. not a light in sight in the building, Ashley and CO are all tucked up in some restaurant having their tea.

So forget about signing anyone so late on, it aint gonna happen.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Repost
    Really thought we’d turned a corner with Derek Dastardly and Mashley when Cisse was bought and Virgin became the sponsor when I was certain it was going to be SD,then Leon Best was sold and I thought we were starting to go places I mean why else would they sell a striker unless a replacement was lined up,we were promised a CB in January and all waited it out because our original targets would be more available,is it all lies did they put serious bids in,are the players happy with whats been going on.I really hope this five year plan culminates in the FCB selling up to the highest bidder.

• WWYCD

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Real shame Raylor is injured for such a long time hope he comes back 100% asap

• The Future is Bright The Future is Black & White

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Eaststand I totally agree the man knows his role at the club though so would never admit to it.

• Mystic Mike's Iron Curtain

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM

‘Having slept on it’ translates as ‘having Mike scoff at my query and scorn me’.

• Tonytoon73

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM

F@ck this teams what are around us are signing players, we will never finish 5th next season.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Pardew needs to get a grip and tell them to sort some players out, just a few weeks ago he said we will get 1 or 2 in this week and we are still waiting

• MacToon

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM

cupiddstunt

“In all reality if you are going to comment on a post then it’s only common decency to make some effort to understand what the post you are commenting about is all about.”

————————————–

Wonder if you understand the concept of the word “profit” yet after you typically attacked me when you obviously had little to no understanding of a comment I had posted but you always seem to like attacking people’s views rather than just come on here and post your own opinions.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Tony

What time is the pitch fork march?????

• Beattie25

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Ibiza

I still get the long term vision of Ashley but its a paradox.

Carr is in charge of finding the next Hazard or Messi for a cheap price when the are young but without status as a top club in the CL how do we attract these youngsters?

Carr isn’t the only scout in the world who recognises talent. So when we find the next Ronaldo how doze get them to nufc?

It’s not by being tight and not investing and hoping that we can repeat success.

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Not pardew’s fault

• Tonytoon73

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM

eaststand now mate.

• Dannyo

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Well, Tottenham has signed a keeper.
    We’re keeping Krul then and thanks for everything Brad Friedel 😉

• geordiejamie89

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I’m gutted after this transfer window. Unless Newcastle’s plan is to bring Debuchy in January and a striker then Newcastle won’t do as well as last season in my view. Especially given the fact that other teams are improving. Liverpool now has a manager that has a clue, Everton have signed some good players, Tottenham will probably stay the same, and Chelsea will probably be the only club to get close to the Manchester clubs. Newcastle are taking the mick with their view to not spending, this is the Premier league, not league 2.

• MacToon

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Ok, caught up on this blog and believe me it’s been hard work reading through some of the comments.

This will be my 10th transfer window with good old Ed, I unfortunately think it will not end as one of the better ones.
    Not much longer to wait though thankfully.

• HullMag6

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Heal well and heal quick ryan. We’ll probably miss you and your dead ball skills.

Oh well underwhelmed but pragmatic, only a recurrance pf last years defensive injury disaster will have me reaching for the panic button.

• MagpiesFlyHigh

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Eaststand

Pards is much more pissed off than we are… but nowhere near as pissed off as Di Matteo at seeing his £80m exposed so cruelly…

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:23 PM

There are still rumours of Boudebouz coming to Newcastle! Maybe sky sports don’t know yet because they’ve completely forgot about us!

• Tonytoon73

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

F@cking sick of this sky sports spurs.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Tony

Its to early mate, did you go last neet?

• toonLYF

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Oooooooooh Gutierrez
    from Buenos Aires
    he’s Spiderman
    he’s our super hero playing on the left or right
    wearing black n white
    he is f*****g dynamite
    oooooh Gutierrez.

• Dannyo

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

@MacToon
    I’m happy we’ve kept our top players. That disapproves that MA is always out to “pocket cash” from player sales.
    Which is always a good thing.

• Beattie25

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM

The more I think about it the more I believe Cisse was a calculated investment.

Ashley bought him knowing his resale value would eclipse the £9 million we paid.

Calculated bet using the virgin money.

Its like property.

You buy it cheap knowing that in the future you can sell it at a profit.

If he really, really cared about this club we’d have significant investment.

• MacToon