Here’s Something To Lift The Spirits Of Newcastle Fans

I was thinking last night of how to remind Newcastle fans of what we’ve already done in the Premier League,  since we arrived back in the big time two years ago,  and here’s some videos to cheer up Newcastle fans everywhere, this Tuesday morning.

Cheick Tiote – celebrating the only goal he’s ever scored for Newcastle
But what a goal it was!

Here is that great comeback – in fact the greatest comeback in Premier League history that Newcastle somehow accomplished in February of last year against Arsenal.

And here is the amazing audio commentary of that game – the boom boom cheick cheick the room audio:

Here’s that amazing goal by Ben Arfa last year in the FA Cup against Blackburn:

And here’s the goal that helped win the game against Bolton Wanderers 2-0 earlier this year

And finally Ben Arfa’s goal on Sunday – he’s still doing it:

I feel a lot better now – maybe we can hammer Everton in two weeks time?

• Spellcheck

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Nice one ed!!!! i was at that Arsenal match,unforgettable,espesh as i met my gooner pal after the game.Great memories,heres wishin 4many more,Howay the lads!!!!!!!!!

• cygre

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Here’s an impressive little NUFC video too:

• jammylambo

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

thanks for this , its my birthday and this is an awesome start to the day.

• Peter Beardsley

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Does anyone else think we should switch Jonas and Santon?

Simo—-Saylor—Collo—JONAS

Messi—Cabs—-Tiote—-SANTON

———Ba——–Cisse

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Peter
    I would be happy to try that out

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I think the players genuinely believe that they can finish in the Champions League places.They seem more confident about it than the fans. But really why not? Utd, City and Chelsea look a class above us, but do Arsenal, who have lost so many influential players in recent years. I don’t view us as inferior to Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool or Everton.
    So much will depend on injuries, Acon and how Pardew manages the players in the various competitions. Many of us have been submitting our preferred 11?s recently and I haven’t seen one that would look out of place in the Champions League.

• Bazza

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hi everybody, I read most of the posts but rarely make a comment, in fact this is a first!!

It was good to watch the video clips again and you’re right they did cheer me up.

Let’s hope we see a bit more from Demba and Papisse, sooner rather than later.

• jimmymagpie

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Jawball – your theories are about to be put to the test. Everton next game, Liverpool not too far off, so let’s see if we beat them as Arsenal have just done. Arsenal look much better defensively this season, and we will have to improve enormously from anything we’ve produced so far. Cabaye will ahve to lose the pet lip because we didn’t sign his mate, and Pardew will have to drop his rigid adherence to 4-4-2, because it’s meking us look blo-dy sterile, and the front two don’t gel together in that system. Senegal realised that some time ago, and they’ve only scored one goal between them in the last 5 Premier League games. On the up side, I must say that I thought young Bigirimana was great on Sunday, and if it hadn’t been for his terrific block on Bent, we would probably have lost, and couldn’t have complained, as Pardew himself admitted. Also, thought Anita and Santon did well, but BOTH centre backs were beaten far too easily at times, and Capt Wonderful standing looking at the opponent heading in from 6 yards unmarked, yet again. Where is the big, dominant centre half that the manager says he’s been looking for for over a year now?

• AlwaysTOON

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

hi guys, I have a question for you.

My class are going to London in october, and we’re taking the bus to Newcastle to see Newcastle play man utd. It’s my first game. But we’re a lot mixed people.. some liverpool fans, some man utd e.t .. Is there a place where everyone can sit together? Is it normal for man utd fans to sit among the Newcastle fans? .. hehe .. I don’t know, maybe it’s a stubid question
    thanks in advance 🙂

• beefman13

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Ed my spirits are high anyway, but the video lifts them a bit more, for me only messi or ronaldo could score those ben arfa goals, he is in a very select bracket in the world of football for me a true genius, then 4-4 game was just magic and tiote`s celebration best ever at the toon for me!

can i just add a bit by AP when asked again about the right back situation he said we have 4 players who can play right back at nufc ie simpson raylor perch and anita, and people might say wel two are injured but hignsight is an easy thing, anita looked real class at right back gets the ball pushed out his feet and looks to link up straight away same with santon on the other side who is getting better all the time, simpson pushes it forward then checks back and normally plays it square, danny is a workhorse for the toon no doubts but that extra class and technique of anita will bring dividends!
    sometimes especially at home we should go for the throat and the crowd get up for it more, krul ,anita ,santon ,colo, saylor, cabaye, tiote, marveaux , ben arfa ,cisse, ba .but ba playing wider ,we would roll teams over in my opinion, it be terrific forward thinking team.

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Jimmy – I’m not entirely convinced by anyones theories, certainly not my own. But I do think it’s fair comment to say we are in the mix for fourth if you look at the quality of our squad relative to our obvious competition and there circumstances. I don’t think what happens at Everton is likely to be very enlightening either, unless we get spanked, which is unlikely. After 10 games the league will start to take shape and certainly by the New Year but it is reassuring that the players have such a degree of confidence.