Newcastle Back In For Blackpool Star In January

The Daily Mirror are reporting today that Newcastle had a £4M bid rejected by Blackpool in January for their young winger Tom Ince, the son of former Manchester United and England midfield star Paul Ince.

Tom Ince – are Newcastle interested in 20 year-old winger?

Ince has scored four times for Blackpool this season and Blackpool are at the top of the Championship with 9 points from their four games so far.

Ince looked impressive last season for Blackpool, and while we wouldn’t be  too surprised if Newcastle went in for Paul last January, Newcastle have a lot of wingers these days, and unless we’re going to sell some of them, surely wingers is not what Newcastle need right now.

But that’s the report in the Mirror that Newcastle, along with some other top clubs, will go back in for the 20 year-old this coming January.

But they are also reporting that Michael Owen signed for Stoke with just one minute to go in the transfer window – but Michael’s a free agent so he can sign at any time, so maybe we should also take their  report on Tom with a large pinch of salt.

We already have Ben Arfa, Jonas Gutierrez, Gabby Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi and Romain Amalfitano, so Newcastle are not short in that department.

And if Newcastle bring in players next January, surely we need strikers and defenders more than anything, and hardly another winger.

Tom started his career at Liverpool, and arrived at Blackpool in August of last year, and has so far played 45 times for the Tangerines with 12 goals.

He has played at England U17 and U19 level for England.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and +1 us on Google+

Google+

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• HarryHarrison

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:57 AM

“Paul”…..it’s Tom lol

• Ian Toon

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I see Andy Carroll is out for six weeks – we don’t play Liverpool until early November. Ince looks a rapidly improving player and I can see him playing as an attacking midfielder good that we’re looking at
    this young British talent.

• Ian Toon

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I meant West Ham in November- Lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Harry….He says Tom Ince, son of Paul Ince 🙂

Ian (from last thread)…..Well put. There really is no need for this acting on here. It really raises questions over the sanity of those who feel the need. Have some fun, but surely that is achievable as your self? 🙂

What we all want is a successful club and to ensure that we can enjoy our club for many years to come. Hopefully our wait for silverware isn’t too far away…surely we’re due something soon 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Ian…Carroll’s out already? Not sure whether to laugh or cry for the guy….hell, laughter is always the best way to deal with things 🙂

• Ian Toon

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Ibiza- at least West Ham haven’t paid £ 35 million to have an injured player. Wonder what Andy might do whilst not playing might put in an appearance on the Quayside.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Ian….I’m sure he’ll find a way to survive, I doubt he’s low on cash. Joking aside, I’m sure he’ll dedicate his time to some form of charity work….sorry, I know I said joking aside but I got sidetracked.

• Sholadona

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM

So ho long can Sky call Carroll a “£35 Million pound player”. I’m assuming they’ll be calling him that when he’s 36 and about to retire!

• AMEOBI

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hm, I really think this would be a cracking signing for his age, fits perfect for our upcoming stars, would be impressed to sign this one.

• Tsunki

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Well after the news that Carroll is out but we have Xisco in our squad raring to go (anywhere) all I can say is it is a real shame that the blog is no longer italicized. Obviously its too good for the likes of us.

• archaeomag

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

@Ibizatoon – you are all smiles this morning!

• Tsunki

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM

So have I missed any good strops lately?

• TorqToon

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Good morning gents! Still on my strict blog diet to try and avoid the idiots that have surfaced on here recently. 🙂

Ince is a cracking player, a top prospect and would be a fantastic signing for us ! Yes we have several people who can play that position but competition for places is always and good thing. I believe that ince is a better all round player than Hoillet is and we all know how much people wouldve loved him at the club.

And on big AC – cant help but feel sorry for the lad himself, however do not feel sorry for west ham who threw moment they just can’t afford at the deal in order to get him. He was their best player last week and without him the long ball simply won’t work.

• Markaccus

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM

So, xisco to get euro games maybe? Chances of him turning things arround? Sorry if this has been discussed.

• AndyMac

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

“Newcastle Back In For Blackpool Star In January”

Whats the old expression “Bread today, Jam tomorrow” ?

• yorkshire_magpie

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Ince would be a great asset to the club. But again the issue is will blackpool let him go for a cheap price and will newcastle be willing to pay the asking price. For some reason i don’t think so!

• lesh

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Perhaps it might be worth a punt to get Anelka or Drogbha as striker to sit on the bench?

• TorqToon

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Lesh – wages would be the issue their mate. Weren’t they both on something like £160.000 per week or something?! Whatever it was its an amount that we simply won’t pay – drogba at the toon would be mouth watering mind you. Whatever people think of him, he’s a he’ll of a player and won the champs league final pretty much single handedly.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

arch…I’m always all smiles

Tsunki…Strops? On here? What on earth do you mean?

• norwichmag

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thomas Ince!!! What a lad, watching him in the odd championship game last season that was on the BBC he looked quality, cracking left foot, decent right foot, beautiful ball control, vision, guile, acceleration…. Could carry on and on. Similar player to Ben Arfa in some respects… Lots of people talked about a front three if AC had come back of AC/Ba on the left, Cisse up top and Benny on the right… Ince as a left sided attacker would be even better, I believe he’s much more suited to an AM role as he cuts inside and takes people on for fun. Just a thought.

• stockport_toon

Sep 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

He’s going out with the lass across the road from me. Might ask him what the score is next time he’s there!

• Incentino

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I actually like him a lot. One might say that the club has a lot of wingers, but I’m not even sure if I would classify Jonas as a winger – and he’s not getting any younger, and the club should always look to build for the future.

As for Amalfitano and Obertan, I’m not exactly too impressed. I’m intrigued by Marveaux’ potential, but unfortunately, he can’t seem to stay healthy.

Sammy is great, but very raw. Fornutately, Ben Arfa appears to be a World beater.

I’d welcome Ince, and I might add that I believe him to be at least a mile ahead of Ameobi.

• nufc786

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

send sammi on loan to blackpool and offer 4 mill…… they did reject 4 mill last time……..

• Wandering Geordie

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

“I’m forever pulling muscles, flimsy muscles in the air”!