Newcastle Youngster To Become Big Success Story This Season

To become a top player in football, you don’t only need to have the skills, but the aptitude and character to want to improve, so that you can become the best you can be – and training hard and doing everything you can to get the best out of the skills you have been blessed with, is all part of it.

Gael Bigirimana – top youngster at Newcastle

One youngster at Newcastle who seems to have both the skills, and the laser like ambition to become a top player is our new 18 year old Gael Bigirimana, who we signed from Coventry for just £1M over the summer, and he has already impressed Newcastle fans with some of his mature performances since he arrived on Tyneside.

Newcastle have 7 games in the next 20 days, once we start things off again at Everton on Monday night, and 24 games through the end of the year – which is a short 109 days away by our reckoning.

So some of Newcastle’s top youngsters, including Gael, should be seeing quite a lot of playing time before the end of the year arrives.

Gael talked to the local press yesterday, and he comes across as a down to earth lad, who just determined to be a big success (that’s good):

“I know things are going well, but there will be hard times, and I love going through hard times.” “That’s a test of character. I’m just blessed with good people around me.” Bigirimana must wait to see if he gets a chance against Everton next Monday night.”

“That’s my game – I love playing for the team. I love making the fans happy, and leaving them with something to cheer about.” “They pay their money to watch us, so I always want to make sure I give 100 per cent.”

“It’s good for the fans who pay to support the club. I’m just grateful to be in this position. They’re great fans.” “I’ll look where I’ve come from pre-season to here – the international break.”

“I’ll watch DVDs of my games and see what I need to do.” “I like learning from people – when you keep learning, everything will be good.”

Bigirimana could well be one of the big success stories this season on Tyneside, and we really need two or three of our top youngsters to come through this season, and fortify the Newcastle squad, which is still too small.

We would back Gael Bigirimana to be one of those youngsters – for sure.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Is Gael talking in the third person there or have we got quotes mixed up?

• dave 1961

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Gael Bigirimana seems a clever lad he understands what an opportunity he has he has come from a war torn country with little prospects to the point he can become a multi millionaire and he actually seems he understands what this can do for his family too. many black players seem too raped up in ethnic issues and miss the bus, firstly grab your chance by the balls, then if you suffer from racial abuse, just laugh at the thick brainless bigots, as these people are just retards. this lad has a chance to reach a level that will feel like a dream, lets hope he can look back in 20 years with pride.

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Ibiza…thanks for the heads up!

… Okay maybe I am a bit wry 😉 lol

Okay Ed we get it we have no news and we like the look of our youngsters…

• rainrix

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Ibiza.. Quotes mixed up if you look the end quotes are at me. although to be fair i thought he was talking in 3rd person at 1st as well 🙂

• dave 1961

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM

and lets hope he sees ranger for what he is, and see the opposite cause he has chosen, the life of a gangster, a halfwit that has thrown a great carrier down the bog, the other side of the coin. i really cant understand why anyone would throw a carrier away, its got to be an instinctive throwback to a tribal instinct, held by black & whites alike, so many black people holding themselves back when the world now is more equal than ever in our history, hopefully black kids will start to realize a black man is head of the western world, we seem to have many black players that are a credit to our club, but we have one that is a letdown to young black kids and an example i hope very few follow.

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Sadly I think Ranger has wasted his last chance @ NUFC!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Rainrix….I think I prefer the idea he talks about himself in the third person 🙂

On Ranger…the guy is just a grade a prat.

• rainrix

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Ibiza.. Agreed its about time we had a possibly schizophrenic player 😉

• ppb

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM

gael “the rock” bigirimana. referring to himself in the third person.
    how’s the clique today?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Rainrix…Someone for some fans to relate to? 🙂

ppb….No cliques. I dislike you all with everything I possess. How are you?

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM

ppB…we are putting the clique back together tonite (don’t even know if I am in a clique ;)) lol

• ppb

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

im ill ibiza. very ill. did you spot fake ruddy made a comment in the early hours this morning?

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

ppB…we was also trolling late last nite!

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

*we = he

• ppb

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

@jesp lemon. you are now!
    i might not attend the clique meeting tonight as i have guests

• rainrix

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Ibiza… Supporting newcastle is enough to drive some people to mental illness. I’m fairly close after the transfer window and reading this blog during it 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM

ppB…the more the merrier 😉 lol

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Dave1961
    I posted this link earlier about sammy n gael managing two 7 a side teams at gosforth both come across as very mature sensible lads who know how lucky they are to have the chance to play top flight football

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Ppb
    Fake ruddys just popped up on the last thread to, im guessing thats who ibiza was calling xena?

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

ppB…how is your Rum drinkin’ going these days?

…I have opened my Diplomatico and is as nice as I remembered 😉 Next up is my poco Pampero 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM

ppb…Sorry to hear your ill. Hope you’re better soon. Please feel free to bring your guests along, we always look for new recruits. Yes, I saw fake Ruddy’s comments (although didn’t notice todays was a fake until afterwards – yes, the Xena comment was aimed at him – an old joke).

Rainrix….You have to question the mental health of any toon fan really. Well, perhaps the whole Geordie public tbh – bunch of bleedin’ nutters, the lot of ya 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

you’re ill* – A quick slap has been administered, don’t you worry.

• bollance

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Really like Bigi and everything he stands for. Seems very level headed for an 18 year old. hopefully the club is developing at the same pace as him because we could have a top player on our hands.

If we can find one Bigi a year and bring through 1-2 through the development squad, surely we will only need to strengthen if we sell key players? and the squad should develop. Especially with the fact we have a young squad which improves each year as a whole.

Success wont happen overnight but we are light years away from when we got relegated!!!!

• Pushy Pardew

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Ibiza
    i have to say i thought the whole debate-LOL, was a complete overreaction . It was purely and simply that old chestnut of confusing fact with opinion. You were overly protective of Ruddy who unusually did not have his usual clarity of thought. Ruddy behaved like a
    gunfighter called out of the saloon. Sometimes its more
    advantegous not to join the battle than to be seen to join the fight. On Bigi he has benefited from becoming battle hardened by playing in the Championship with Coventry. This has elevated him in the pecking order and we should get a few of our youngsters playing week in and out on loan.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Good news everyone….I have found a new Anita article 🙂 He mentions that he is happy to play FB if needed, but that his preferred position is CM. That should settle a thing or two for now. Happy to play FB, but likely that when Simpson is back, he will revert back to CM.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Pushy…What can I say – It’s easy to get caught up sometimes. Although there were a few different “debates” going on, so I’m not 100% sure to which one you refer. Either way, I think most have moved on and we eagerly await the next 😉

I agree, Bigi has come to the top of the pile with regards to our youngsters, as you say, his time in the Championship has clearly given him that extra advantage to progress. I don’t think now is the time to be loaning anyone out though. We have a tough schedule coming up, let’s see who we need and if we have anyone seriously under performing or not getting their chances, send them out on loan in January.

• Made a ma beed

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Whey hey yet another Bigi thread!! Can’t wait until Saturday to see the next Bigi thread!

• Levi

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

ibiza

where would you put him if you was pards?
    have anita right and santon left or vice verse

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Levi…I’m not really sure tbh. I’ve heard so many different stories on preferred sides and I am none the wiser. I have read Santon prefers RB and I know Anita filled in at LB for ajax, so this would “seem” logical :). I suppose a lot of it comes down to who they’re partnering on the wings. Santon lacks defensive duties at times, so maybe better with Guti than HBA? Whereas Anita is reasonably defensive minded as a natural CM, so would cover better for Benny and his lack of back tracking?

How about you?

Made a ma bed….If only the kid would stop giving new interviews…

• Pushy Pardew

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Ibiza
    The guy criticising an Ed article, Not Solano’s socialist rendition–LOL. But its largely unimportant i just wonder how many people are turned off by all the in fighting. Shame to see the odious Tads has wormed his way back in favour. I always laugh when he advises posters not to bully. I’ll just have to be selective when i come on. Your always talking about perspective, well a poster the other day said it was TRAGIC that Beattie 25 didn’t post anymore. Hillsborough, Afghanistan loss of lives was tragic.

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I know mo one asked me 🙂 but I would change as little as possible. Santon at LB and Anita on RB 😉

The less you change the less problems you create – I know that doesn’t always reply cause I would definitely change the 4-4-2 😉 lol

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Damn this phone 🙂 reply should be apply 😉 lol

• dave 1961

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    i checked out the link you posted most of our players are a credit to the club 1 is not i do the same when i have the time and energy i do voluntary work, it has always made me feel good to do things for others, mind i only do it for those that deserve help. i hate those that whinge then do nothing to help themselves like practicing drunks & drug addicts. i do contribute financially, when i can make a difference, one of my pet hates is people that pick on the disabled like so many are now due to lies put into the public domain by right-wing news groups IE: daily mail. so it make me proud that our players are giving back to the community.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Pushy

I do find it strange that you assess the worthiness of my comments, “I was like a gunfighter called out a saloon”? Well I can’t say that I understand what it is exactly that you’re saying.

I think I was quite clear in my thought processes yesterday, I took a two pronged approach to the fellow in question,

1) If he feels the need to criticise Ed’s articles then why doesn’t he do something about it in the way of creating his own blog.

2) If he wasn’t criticising and was merely frustrated at the lack of news that I shared his frustrations and advised him that the best way forward would be to constructively contribute to conversation by joining in with us or creating his own topic of discussion.

He then went into a tirade about how I was being elitist. Do tell me what part of my take on this “discussion” did I not show ‘clarity of thought’ as you put it?

Also can we drop the insults, it is unnecessary, I have been a long time reader and poster and have never once seen Tads abuse or bully anyone, if you have your own experiences so be it but is it not time to just drop this feud as from my experience tads is a very insightful and reasonable poster.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Pushy….That one was baffling. Imo, for Ruddy, he was relatively relaxed. He read it one way (as did I) and normally would have gone in guns blazing, but imo gave him the chance to clarify. Either way, it’s in the past now.

I think most people that have left or post less often now is due to the in house arguing, rather than the particular views of posters. Perhaps we need a time out facility on here. 🙂

As discussed previously, I’ve never noticed the issue with tads, so find it hard to comment. Not saying you’re making it up, just that I haven’t seen and have always found him to be reasonable.

Tragic was probably a bit over the top as a word to describe Beattie’s departure. Although, on a personal level, I do miss most of his contributions – he had a funny way about him 🙂 By your examples, it would seem silly to say anything related to how the club was run etc is tragic. There are always worse things in the world that should help people put things in to perspective.

Jesper….Indeed. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Pushy Pardew,
    I’m trying my best to refrain from posting,but you calling long term poster tads insidious and whose favour does he exactly find himself in,Ive only read a few of your posts and you come across as a sycophant of the most grovelling kind.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Ah ha, now my Xena comment is more fitting 🙂

Good day Ruddy, I’ll let you speak for yourself now

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I chuckled at the hugging A4 paper Ibiza, do other people get the Xena thing? 😛

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Pushy
    I havent “wormed” my way any where mate
    I said i hadn’t been on for a few days as my wife had just given birth
    And i really wasnt advising anyone on anything but have to say you are a prime example of the debate last night, offer nothing but come on purely to try and start an arguement which has very little to nothing to do with you!
    Anyway keep doing what your doing as i said last night it must be a very empty exsistance to have nout better to do but attempt to start liitle virtual battles.
    Any ay good luck with this one no doubt you’ll be back later with ya spoon ready to stir again

1 2 3 5