Pardew Upbeat By Players Returning From Injury

Alan Pardew uis trying to stay upbeat today, and he points out that Newcastle have some players coming back from injury and available to the side on Monday night at Everton.

Sammy Ameobi – returned from injury

During Alan’s press conference yesterday afternoon, there were video shots of Shola Ameobi in training so it looks like the 30 year-old, along with his younger brother Sammy, will both be available.

And Shane Ferguson is back to full fitness too, after  75 minute appearance for Northern Ireland against Luxembourg on Tuesday night in Belfast.

A positive Alan  Pardew had this to say to the local press today:

“We have both Sammy and Shola back.”  “Plus we have Shane Ferguson back after he played for Northern Ireland.”  “We’re keen to have him. Fingers crossed for him because he hasn’t done a lot of work, but he’s come back OK and we’re really pleased.”

“Anita can play there at right back.” “If he’s played there for Ajax in the Champions League then he can play there for us.”  “He can play central midfield or anywhere we put him.”

James Perch is also fit again, after returning to full fitness following the pain in his neck he had picked up – there’s a joke there somewhere – but of course we’d never call James a pain in the neck. 😀

It was apparently a good day of training for the squad yesterday at Benton, with all the players returning from International duty, and it seems that young Haris Vuckic looked impressive.

We don’t expect Haris to be involved on Monday night,  but he will likely get a run-out next Thursday night against CS Maritimo, on the island of Madeira in Portugal (the wine’s great!),  in our first group game of the Europa League.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Ed “firefingers” calm down, have a cup of tea, you’ll break the Internet uploading all these stories.

• Zero

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

On the positive side…we would probably have gotten beat at everton anyway, so injures dont matter (-.-)!

Seriously if our full strength squad last season couldnt beat them when we were still realistically fighting for CL then our injured side is DOOOMED lol

• cyprus

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Fast today Ed! For those of you who want to impress your friends when the game comes up:
    “The Madeira Cake is sometimes mistakenly thought to originate from the Madeira Islands; however, that is not the case as it was instead named after the Madeira wine, which was popular in England at the time and was often served with the cake”

• jimmymagpie

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Pardew is now living up to the reputation that he’s always had in the game – a contradictory gobsh-te! Saying that it was a deliberate policy not to bring in senior recruits and free up places for the kids. In that case, Pardew, why did the club go running to Holland trying to sign De Jong? Why the hell did the club go chasing after Debuchy all summer? I don’t trust the man as far as I could kick him. Any top manager will tell you that you introduce young players only when they’re ready, and one at a time, in to a winning team, not throw 3 or 4 in because your team has injuries, and because of the short-sighted transfer policy you have no blo-dy choice. He is so far up the owner’s ar-e, it’s a wonder he can breathe!

• jimmymagpie

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM

As a post script to the above, we have a group of youngsters who are always injured. Vuckic is injured AGAIN, Ferguson has just come back from ANOTHER injury, and Sammy is proving that it runs in the family. Streete still isn’t fit!

• Hatem's better than Messi

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

@jimmymagpie

Agree 100% – but watch out you’ll upset the OV numpties. 😉

• jimmymagpie

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hatem – OV?

• Zero

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Jimmy what choice has pardew got? he carnt come out and say his employer is a tight fisted bsrd, he is literally stuck between a rick and a hard place.

I dont agree with him blaming everything under the sun for our failing when its mainly to do with the fact WE CARNT PLAY IN 442!!

• jimmymagpie

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Zero – no, he can’t mate, but he doesn’t have to insult our intelligence. He just had to say, that because of the injuries unfortunately all falling, or mainly falling, in the defensive area of the team, that we are down to the bare bones, and we cannot possibly carry any more injuries in that part of the team. Everton would have been hard enough, but lose, and suddenly there is a fair of pressure on to beat Norwich, not a given if we have to rely on too many players who are either not good enough, or, aren’t quite ready to step up.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM

OV – Optimism Valley a place where no negative opinions about NUFC are allowed … told you they were numpties!

• jimmymagpie

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Hatem – cheers mate. I don’t really care, this blog is supposed to be for all opinions. Anyway, I won’t be here to read it, as I’m off now! Take care, HTL!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hi Hatem,

Can I float an idea past you for a second? Is it not possible that people perhaps just see things differently than you? Is it therefore not reasonable that these posters would question your comments? Is it not reasonable to expect you to then engage and explain your thoughts?

Negative opinions are of course allowed, don’t be ridiculous. Just as I and other people who don’t think it’s all doom and gloom, have to explain our reasons.

I think you need to drop this OV are bullies thought process and try engage in debate.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Ibiza – Having a difference of opinion with an individual is par for the course on a blog.

OV are a group attacking individuals that’s different and not right.

Anyway I’m out of here the numpties are waking up and logging on …

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hatem…Mature way to deal with it. I’m trying to solve this issue a few posters have voiced but am constantly given a similar response. I will note Solano actually engaged with me the other day and it was greatly appreciated.

You feel ganged up on by people sharing a similar view? Well I can say the same has happened to me from negativity inclined posters. I have not branded them bullies, but tried to put my points across. Something to think about. Perhaps we can pick this up another time as surely it’s in all our interest to be able to enjoy the blog?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I will also add. OV started out of posters abusing and ridiculing ideas by positive posters. It was more as if we weren’t allowed to be optimistic about things. I agree we need balance and in case you hadn’t noticed, we’ve generally dropped the OV thing, doesn’t mean our views on NUFC have changed, but we all need to wind things up less for everyone’s benefit. Calling people numpties is never going to allow that to happen. Each and every one of us needs to be the bigger person and move on.

• toonincheek

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Pardew’s job iscludes putting a positive spin on club matters.

I think Pardew would accept privately that we would have been in a better position had we signed eg Douglas, but if we can’t get the right people for the right price, the alternative of promoting our youngsters to tide us over is not such a bad option.

• Munster Mag

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Ibiza, tbh, i think the OV thing has some accuracy….in fairness, there are plenty of people here who will not put up with any negative Ashley comment and are very fast to fire off defensive pm’s , which are aggressive in nature. I’m not including you in that, but as i have said before, MA would have to urinate on the Leazes end b4 they wud be annoyed…..and then they would tell us that he owns the club. Reading The Mag article, he tends to agree with me ….Pardew has been wrongfooted again in terms of what he wanted in the close season , versus what he got……but going back to my point, the OV’s make a very articulate but aggressively put argument. Not a biggie either way, but a fair point i think.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Munster….I will agree that there will certainly be posts made by “OV” posters that could certainly be considered aggressive and even rude to those on the receiving end. That can also be balanced out by the countless posts trying to reason and debate also. The flip side of that one is how many times have OV posters been on the receiving end of the same? Why would we be held to a higher moral standing? 🙂

Please don’t think I’m trying to say two wrongs make a right, but surely any sensible person can see that this is a two way street?

I suppose what I’m trying to achieve, perhaps foolishly, is a way to move forward. People popping up and b*tch*ng that OV have made in unbearable to post anymore needs to stop as it’s only getting people more wound up (Me included). Once again, surely this is in everyone’s interest and childish games and name calling should be removed a.s.a.p.

On the some wont be be annoyed until Ashley urinates on the leazes end (Well it is his 😉 ), perhaps a bit far fetched. I will admit though, due to the snowballing negativity that does occur, I personally find myself having to bring some sort of balance to the table. This will of course sometimes make it difficult to remain objective. It seems some people only concentrate on the negative, perhaps if we removed the grouping of posters somewhat we can all relax our stance and get back to debating the club – with some miscellaneous b*ll*cks along the way.

Anyway, I appreciate you bothering to respond to my post and whilst we have disagreed on a fair few things, we generally find a way to move on and I hope you realise I do think about what you write and don’t just blindly discard it.

• Munster Mag

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

No, i appreciate that. And believe, ne I’m not anti ashley – i was one of the first on here to praise him after we made the (ahem!) one decent first team addition of the summer. I also like many aspects pf how the club is run, in particular not buying Micharl Owen type players any more ( i dont think i have disliked a player more at NUFC ) . To be frank though, i think those who love Ashley a bit too much, would have more credibility in may people’s eyes by acknowledging that we should and could have achieved more this summer ( I mean, there must surely be a younger right back than Debuchy out there, if we were genuinely willing to shell out a few quid ) . Still, maybe they are playing a waiting game. Hope so. Its a poor show of faith in Pardew that MA didnt help him more, after we did so well last year IMO.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Munster….Fancy some name calling? This is far too civilised and feels a little alien 🙂

I know your view point is that we failed in the summer window and that is your issue rather than other aspects of the club or the big picture if you will and I too would have liked some more bodies in.

Imo and it is only that until we see what happens down the line, is that Debuchy is the man we want. I assume they feel a deal will be achievable come January, so they’ve taken the risk to wait until then, rather than bring in a player which would stop the Debuchy deal. As far as RB goes, at that time, we did have suitable “cover”.

For me, we should have been looking at a young ST, but then perhaps they really feel young Campbell is so close it’s not worth giving him further competition?

Other than that a CB. This has been widely covered by the press, fans and even the manager. Seems we may be back in for Mbwia (?!?) in January and by all accounts he seems decent and will be great value. Once again, they could have filled a hole, but this would imo have prevented getting the right man in the long fun.

Where I get so frustrated with fans is this idea that by missing out this window we’ll be thrown so far off the pace with regards to our rival teams and that we’ll never get back there, which is ridiculous beyond belief imo. How did we get back there after being relegated? Missed opportunity for this year, maybe. But it’s not the end of our chance. The only other point is whether the current players feel the same as these fans. I for one don’t know what they were promised to make them sign, but I would have thought that we’ve hit most of the promises and in some cases surpassed them. If they’re not willing to give the club half a season to secure the right deals, then perhaps they’re not the players to take us forward. Once again, all speculation.

Time will tell mate