Newcastle Top Star – I Am Very Happy At Newcastle

Yohan Cabaye has not been in his best form this season, but he hints today that he is still not fully match fit, and he still thinks he is getting back to full fitness again.

Yohan Cabaye – in action against Aston Villa two weeks ago

Yohan Cabaye attracted interest from some top clubs in the summer, such as Arsenal for one, but that’s hardly surprising, after his first season at Newcastle in the Premier League, when he was absolutely first class.

And Yohan could well have been the hero against Aston Villa last time out, had Villa goalkeeper Brad Guzan not made that terrific save in the very last minute of added time,  from the Frenchman’s excellent free kick.

Villa manager Paul Lambert after the game called the save world class, and Yohan admitted he thought it was going in, and that he had got the win for Newcastle, until Brad came across and somehow got to the ball and sent it around the post for a corner.

Cabaye has again reiterated he is very happy on Tyneside, after he may have been one of the players that Alan Pardew mentioned, as having their heads turned by the interest from other top clubs over the summer.

This is what Yohan said today:

“I’m very happy here, I’ve never thought any different, and I’m very happy to play for Newcastle.” “It has been difficult for me so far this season, I don’t want to make excuses, but I’m getting back to full fitness.”

We hope to see Yohan back to somewhere near his best on Monday night at Goodison Park, and if Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse can also show some of last season’s form, there’s no doubt the lads can take something out of the game.

And that’s just exactly what we need right now.

Don’t put it past Newcastle to do just that on Monday night – here’s hoping.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Just remember Yohan, form is temporary class is permenant. That freekick flying in the top corner against Villa would have helped like 🙂

• AMEOBI

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I can’t wait for the game on Monday night, two classy teams.. Gunna be a cracking game

• levi15791

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Yohane will come good. I reckon it will be a close game on Monday night. We will be lucky to come away with a win. I see a draw or a victory to either side but a one goal difference. My lineup for Monday if Krul Coloccini Raylor Simpson are missing:

——–Harper——–
    Anita-Saylor-Perch-Santon
    —–Bigirimana———
    Ben Arfa–Cabaye–Jonas
    —–Cisse–Ba———

HBA push more forward into a more flexible front 3 and Jonas move in more centrally.

• Kyo

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I’m scared to see us play a crap formation and get walloped by Everton.

• levi15791

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I know 442 isn’t our best formation currently but we got some decent results playing it last season.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I see a draw or a victory to either side,definitely hedging ya bets there like.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Man the blog is pretty dead for a Premier League weekend like. I know we don’t play till monday but damn 🙂

• toonking

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM

considering how good everton have been i think a 5 man midfield is needed my team for monday would be this
    _________harper
    anita__perch__saylor__santon
    ______bigi___jonas________
    _________cabaye__________
    obatan______________HBA
    _________cisse or ba_______

i may not have to xp of a manager but what i see from this line up is the chance to finally get a threat coming from both of the wide men and from both sides which means HBA and obatan can move into the centre more often whilecabaye gives then the assistance, that in return can allow more space for the forward recieve the balls and finish.

• Shane

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM

When did Mobido Maiga sign for the Hammers?? How did I miss that?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

@ Toonking

Don’t see how you can pick Obertan over Marv like ? . I dunno what else Marveaux has to do to get in the starting lineup tbh like. He has impressed me every time I see him

• Ben-Arfa11

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

———————-Harper————————————-

——Anita——S.Taylor—–Willo————–Perch

——————-Bigi——-Jonas——————————

———————–Cabaye————————————

Ben-Arfa—————————————-Marvaurx

———————–CISSE————————————

Summary.I play perch instead of santon as santon is a poor average player and perch adds alot of energy and desire to the team i also put willo in at the back i know everyone dont rate him but against everton he might be useful with his height with the likes of fellani.

Its also not a concidence that cisse scores for senegal with ba been on bench so i would like to see this team play against everton and we would give them a good match with ben-arfa and marveux working hard to get the ball back while cabaye has that free role to make nice through balls for cisse to latch onto.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Blog is dead these days,I put it down to the over use of the words wave of negativity, trying to be positive and winking smiley faces.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

@ Ben Arfa

Santon poor average player ? . Get a grip man, he has played 2 seasons less in the Premier League and is not far behind Enrique already. I’m glad you dont pick the team

• toonking

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

BPC
    the truth about leaving him out is tbh HBA is left footed so if he move right side he could do lots more crosses.
    so in otherwords it is not me thinking obatan is better than marvo it is the fact that HBA is stronger using his left foot which soccar saturday has confirmed too.

• toonking

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM

left side*

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Shane
    Tbf it was easy to miss the transfers this season i was so wrapped up in checking the blog every 5 mins i missed hulk going to zenit st.petersburg for an obscene amount!

• Ben-Arfa11

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:24 PM

big papa cisse @

i prefer perch in a newcastle team than santon thats just my opinion

if santon is such a great player why does he always get subbed at half time??he did regulary last season thats for sure pardew must agree with me as he wouldnt sub a defender at half time if he was performing well

perch gets stuck in and has really impressed me since that norwich disaster last season.

perchino over santon any day

• levi15791

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

My earlier formation was the one I see most likely to be fielded by pardew. My ideal team would be:
    ———Harper———
    Anita Saylor Perch Santon
    Bigirimana
    Cabaye Jonas
    Ben Arfa———-Marveaux
    BA/Cisse

Ba gets my pick ahead of Cisse at the moment though

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

@ Ben Arfa

Alot of that was to do with him

1. Not speaking English
    2. Injured
    3. Pardew easing him into the PL

Has Santon been subbed at half time at all this season ?, No. Santon will be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the Premier League in a couple seasons time for sure

• Ben-Arfa11

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

levi @

why would you put perch at centre half?

that makes no sense when fellani and jelavic be in the box thats a mis match

you play willo with taylor for height and play perch full back

playing perch next to taylor and your asking for trouble against a big everton side

• GeordieToon89

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Santon got subbed at half time 3 maybe 4 times last season.. hardly all the time

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ben arfa
    Regularly is a huge over exaggeration maybe 5 times in the first half of the season while he was bedding into the team the second half of the season he was a regular in the starting 11 and still is this season in fact looks one of our better players this season

• toonLYF

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM

wtf, has somebody on here really just called Santon a poor average player? He’s easily our best player so far this season behind Ben Arfa. Santon has potential beyond what Enrique can do, whoever said that obviously knows VERY little about football. He will be one of our best players this season, and in coming seasons, and that is a fact.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Thank god we have some sensible bloggers back 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

BPC
    senisble bloggers? Not on here mate!;)

• Robby Bobson

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Well he hasnt played too well because against spurs and chelsea is was 2v3 in the middle and villa played a diamond so had 4 in the middle…quite difficult, especialy for Anita.

We have to go 433 vs Everton, it has to be

Harper
    Anita Williamson Taylor Santon

Jonas Marv

Cabaye

HBA Cisse Ba

No destroyer in midfield but dont think bigi is ready at all.

• levi15791

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

@Ben Arfa – I chose perch over willo as whenever I watch willow yes he wins headers in defense but he stutters on the ball. Every time I see willo go up for a corner he gives away a free kick. Every time I seen perch this season he’s looked assured and confident on the ball.

• JAMSHA

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM

saveee by al habsyyyy

• hallelujah..john tudor john tudor

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM

anybody know how many are going to brugge, im booked up on the ferry from north shields

• nick_9

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Santon got subbed most of the time cause it’s in his blood to attack and he is very good at it. Pardew most of last season sat on 1:0 leads or didn’t want to attack too much in case it left us open.

Wilko or perch at the back? Perch every time. Perch is just as good at winning headers and if anything he outmuscles players. Willo lacks composure and often stumbles or just hoofa I away to relieve pressure on himself. I sometimes wonder if I’m watching the same game as some of you posters.

As someone has already said Santon has been one of our top performers along with Ben arfa. He always puts a shift in and has been impressive this season

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Nick9
    Completly agree
    As you said several of us have pointed out santon has been one of out best players this season and i think he has started playing with real confidence and once he adds a degree if discipline he will be one of the best FBs in europe, couldnt believe it when we signed this lad!
    As for perch then yeah at the moment you would have to say him over willo at the moment, nothing against wilo but like santon perchinio is playing with a real confidence about him and has shown some fantastic composure in his games this season and has looked good in the air but realisticly i think saylor will be clearing any ariel threats while perch will be playing colo’s role

• Transfer Sage

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I defended willo a lot last year after he was impressive in our first season back in the league.

A lot of last season and the bits I saw in pre season he looks a different player.

He is too careless on the ball, he gives it away and that stops us building a move and means we are back under pressure.

He also is clumsy, grabbing players and not actually winning the ball in the air as often.

Perch looks more composed and actually wins headers too.

Santon is good but makes the odd defensive mistake. He is young and naturally attacking so he will get that out his game soon. We just need to give him time to get his all round game to the level it can be.

• ONLINE GUY

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ken Dodd’s Dads Dogs Dead

Say this 3 times without reading it and we will win 3-nowt at Everton ..Now look away ..C’mon .. No peeping.

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I’m not sure that Pardew is ready to start a big match like this one with bigi, his hand was somewhat forced perhaps when he brought him on early against Villa. I think he’s more likely to start with Perch if he’s fit. He’ll know what he’s gonna get with there, but I like the look of that Marveaux, Jonas, Cabs midfield 3, but that’s probably a way too adventurous way for AP to go .

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Jawballsaswallwell
    Dunno its tough to call but if tiotes out i think bigi might start pards seems to be hyping him up alot at the moment

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yeah, I hope he does play him. If he can hold his own in the middle of the park at Goodison, then you know you’ve got another first team regular to call on. It’d almost be too good to be true, but it seems to me AP prefers to ease them in given the choice.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Jawballsaswallwell
    Yeah i think ideally he’d like to slowly bring the new boys in to the squad but like you said it would be great to know someone like bigi can just step up when needed just like guthrie used to hopefully we’ll start to see the best of anita now aswell atleast he knows where he’ll be playing this week!

• nick_9

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I have no idea what team Pardew is going to play or even what formation. My head says 4:5:1 but my heart says both Ba and cisse are capable of something out of nothing so should play.

I suspect perch will play centre back with Anita at right back, or Pards could play willo at the back and perch in midfield if he doesn’t think bigirimana is ready. After seeing him against villa and looking at Pardews recent comments I think he might give him a start. Is going to be a tricky tie for us and we need the fringe players to step up or the previous window will look more of a shambles.

A bit of magic from hba, Ba or cisse could win it for us, obertan and Marv available to come on against tired legs of we are chasing the game. My head says a draw would be a good result but looking at the table and seeing us in 12th as things stand then a win would be nice

• Pushy Pardew

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Jaw
    I agree and think Pardew will not want to play Bigi in DM in case he gets a mauling and it might effect his confidence. He might play both Perch and Williamson
    to combat Everton through the middle and in the air. Can see Jonas in DM.
    Nick
    Yes 4-5-1 to combat in midfield but not in a defensive
    way as Cabaye would link with HBA and Mar. You could argue it’s a 4-2-3-1. Very fluid. We must not be negative but present something for them to worry about . As isaid when i posted earlier i see Cabaye having a big game. You heard it here first.

• Pushy Pardew

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Transfer
    your right about Williamson at the back end of last season but he’s looked good when he’s started pre season. Players often see games as opportunities to impress and come good. Perch at RB and Williamson in centre.