Ba – Newcastle A Legendary Club – How Can I Not Be Happy?

We don’t know where the latest Demba Ba situation will end up in January, since we were told by Alan Pardew that there was a chance Demba Ba could leave Newcastle in January.

Demba Ba – NUFC is legendary club – how I could I not be happy

One thing is for sure, and that is we are not looking forward to the January transfer window if this situation remains unresolved and there is indeed a release clause that becomes in Ba’s contract.

Of course we don’t really know much – just some words from Alan Pardew yesterday, and he seemed to be saying some release clause kicks in once January rolls around.

And it’s not clear to us what the situation is with Demba Ba himself, who by all accounts seems to just love it at Newcastle, and during the summer he always said he never wanted to leave, and he was true to his word once August 1s arrived and he was still on Tyneside.

But this time we also know that Newcastle are trying to tie the player down to a new contract, but that his wage demands are excessive, but are these the wage demands of Demba Ba or of his agents, who are after as much money as they can get?

It’s not clear, and may never be clear, but the thing we hope will happen is that Ba will sign a new deal before the end of the year.

e keep checking Demba Ba’s twitter account and he’s put some positive things on there this week about Newcastle two of his tweets are as follows

“Good night people. So proud for that 1,000th goal. I’m not a legend like people say, but nufc is a legendary club!!!”

He put that one up on Tuesday morning – so he didn’t come across as wanting to leave Newcastle with that comment did he.

And then yesterday he put this comment up:

“I am happy where I am my friend. How can’t I be happy? I play for NUFC”

So it’s hard to know what really is going on, but as we said we want this sorted out and want the big man to sign a new deal to stay on Tyenside.

One thing is clear – after he rescued us with those two excellent goals on Monday night at Everton – he will get a great reception from the crowd on Sunday afternoon at St. James’ Park, when we entertain Norwich City and Chris Hughton.

We’re just hoping for the best with this new situation with Demba Ba.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Krul to be Kind

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I’m 110% certain he’ll stay… whats with the ‘what if’s’… if he does go then we will replace… non story IMO, fans shouldn’t worry too much, if he goes… he is replaceable IMO

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Very good player but appears to be being somewhat duplicitous as regards he and his agents good cop, bad cop routine.

Is there any need for it?

• Ian Toon

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Jaws- good cop bad cop is Tiote and Cabaye. Looking forward to pairing them up again.

• Ian Toon

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM

????

• Graeme

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM

If Ba, or his multiple agents/relatives are going to create grief every time Ba doesn’t start/ gets dropped then may be best to ship him out in January and bring in a more Professional replacement.

• jamesnufc86

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Why is it that the majority of people are not that upset about the prospect of Ba leaving? If it was Afra, Tiote or Cabaye everyone’s knickers would be in a twist. The fact is that most people feels that Ba is replaceable, plus all the negative energy Ba seems to carry about, even when he scored both goals at everton he just looked like he was still sulking. My opinion is that Demba Ba is not good enough to have a team like NUFC built around, he can go to west ham , Fulham or even somewhere like everton if he wants that , but not NUFC

• woolerbill

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Ba or agent, they are one and the same. The agent plays the bad boy and BA plays the goody. If his agent is not doing what he is told, BA should say so. Let him go.

• EastEndMagpie

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM

apparently all this is to do with Ba wanting 100k a week, and obviously we wont pay him that because of our wage cap and rightly so, though i dont see a problem with giving him a bit of an increase to the 50k hes on considering his strike rate, maybe just below

I know its transfer tavern… but it does sort of make sence. He’s a great player but if thats true in not sure i want him at the club? I hope this isnt true because he has been a great player for us so far, but id wish all this ridiculous media speculation would be put to an end somehow. He needs to sit down with the board and Pards and sort this mess out for the sake of our great club! If he did respect us and the club surely he’d do that?

• EastEndMagpie

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

**…..his strike rate, maybe just below Colo?.

• magpiedave

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I had a dream! Suddenly the press vowed only to speak the truth and to stop speculating to create headlines. Football Agents did not try to unsettle their players while under contract until 6 months before that contract terminated. They agreed to stop making stupid statements about their player being wanted by manure utd. Realty Madrid and trebling the players wages. Players are human and I know if someone who I employed to negotiate contracts told me another company were interested in my services and would treble my wages I may be scepticle but it would cross my mind and create another dream perhaps.
    It is now so bad I do not believe the dates in the newspapers and Agents should just go down the rat hole where they belong we all know they earn vast sums of money by disturbing their players into wanting to move away from aclub even if they are happy at that club. Hey being happy does not earn the agent money.