Shola Ameobi And Demba Ba Could Start Up Front Tomorrow

It seems that Alan Pardew could well start the same back four that had a decent outing in Maderia on Thursday night, and Alan has hinted he could even start Shola Ameobi tomorrow, probably alongside the in-form Demba Ba up front.

Shola Ameobi in action on Thursday night – kind of

This is what Alan Pardew told the local press today:

“It is a different game for defenders.” “The tiredness really affects offensive players – that brightness and sharpness.” “That is why I had no problem picking that back four.”

“I thought at Everton we were a bit out of tune – they had not played together before that game.” “That has held us in good stead.” “You can only approach the game to win it, which we did.”

“It was pretty open at times, which was unusual for a European game.” “We took a grip of the game, and should have won it.”

“Shola was brilliant. He was drifting past centre-halves as if they were not there.” “I was absolutely delighted with that team. It was brilliant for me, because now I think we are going to get stronger.”

We have to wonder if there’s a chance that Shola Ameobi and Demba Ba will be the two that will be given the start tomorrow afternoon, since Papiss Cisse has only just recovered from illness, and Ameobi and Ba may be able to play well together, and Shola certainly looked in good form on Thursday night in Madeira.

Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse haven’t shown for Newcastle or Senegal that they can form an effective partnership up front, but we are still hoping that can be worked out somehow – without having to revert to playing Demba Ba out on the left wing.

So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that Cisse will start the game on the bench, and it looks like Alan Pardew will keep the same back four, so maybe this will be the starting eleven tomorrow afternoon:

Harper
Perch, Taylor (S), Williamson, Santon
Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Gutierrez
Ba, Ameobi

That looks like a very decent starting side, and we have to try to get the win tomorrow afternoon, and while draws are better than defeats, we need wins to propel our season forward.

What do you think, and what team would you start tomorrow afternoon?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• scdoty

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

REPOST sorry..

@Ketsbaia9

I read this blog everyday and listen to everybodys point of view & yes some are a little bit stupid even a little mental. BUT you my friend are the biggest F***ing idiot i have ever known to come on here. All of you views are stupid, do you not get it when everybody on the blog is slating you?

But back to the reason ive logged in.

You are wishing one of our players isnt back from an injury, are you that F***ing stupid normally, or do you have to go to UNI to study Daftness?

Grow up you moron.

HWTL

• Burni

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Repost as its related

Good suggestions from Jackson and norcal. I hope he does keep both ba and cisse on as they are both extremely good on their day just ba seems to be more in form. Ben arfa, imo, has been screaming out for the free role as he seems to be the only player this season who has any imagination. As everyone else has said, we should be winning this, I hope this can be where our season begins.

I dont think shola will start but will hopefully come on second half. It really should be ba and cisse up front imo

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Don’t fancy Anita so much as a DM, too lightweight for me. Definitely a first team starter at fullback or in the Cabs role, but I’d have him well down the pecking order as a DM at this stage, behind Tiote, Perch and Bigi, I’d even prefer Jonas in there. I think you need real clout in the tackle to carry out that role effectively in the premiership. He may grow into it.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

@1:

It looks like he upset you? What did he say?

• ppb

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:55 AM

morning chaps. i see we are discussing dropping a demba. i have to say if you’re looking at form there’s no argument cisse doesn’t look fully there, ba has looked better and shola looks relatively on the ball. ba and shola works. cisse and shola might work but off form ba and shola get the nod for me.

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

not enough to warrant that gobful

• ppb

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

@jawballs….. anita looks lightweight but no more so than perch who is a beast. anita might not be the tank that is tiote but he’s a more rounded player. better at playing the ball away after a challenge etc

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Yeah, I don’t doubt his quality as a player, he seems excellent, very neat tidy on the ball, just in the tackle, he seems to lack that physical presence neededprotecting the back four. I think Perch et al are much stronger in the tackle, but Anita seems a genuinely accomplished player. I like him very much.

• Mark29Hungary

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Change Perch and Anita and we hét 3 points!

• Mark29Hungary

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Change Perch and Anita and we get 3 points!

• cockneymagpie90

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM

best team if everyone fit…
    ————-KRUL————
    ANITA-TAYLOR-COLO-SANTA
    ——CABS-TIOTE-GUTI——
    ———-MAGICMAN———
    —-DEMBA1—–DEMBA2—-

JUST IMAGINE THE COUNTERS… DEFO WHAT I THINK PARDS SHOULD MOULD AROUND!! MIDDLE OF THE PARK STUFF WITH GREAT FULL BACKS THAT LOVE TO COME FORWARD.

PLAYERS THAT WOULD MAKE MY BENCH ARE SIMMO PERCH BIGI AMALFITANO MARVEAUX SHOLA CAMBPELL

COME ON PARDS STICK TO SUMMIT THAT WORKS!!!!

• xploozz

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM

anita is better in defense..
    everton game,1st half was terrible…anita was in midfield & perch in defense…2nd half ,they changed..anita in defense & perch in midfield..
    following ramadan,cisse needs time..2 get back
    ..i think we have a weak team..but gradually the players will improve..when they get on playing..
    we have 2 team,i can say
    one for EPL & one for play off + europa
    we are improving..

• BarcelonaMag

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I agree with CockneyMagpie90’s formation: it looks very tasty indeed. There’s still the problem of Ba and Cissé playing together without getting in each other’s way, which is what seems to be happening. I personally think that the answer would be to rotate them.

• juanpeterbeardsley

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Perchy looks much better at centre half or defensive midfield at the minute and Anita has just not got used to the speed of play in the EPL in the middle ( he will get there in time) .Anita looks very capable at right back where he has more time so its a no brainer for me !

Also Ba and Ameobi must start Shola’s chest down at Everton and overall play at Maritimo have earned him the start

• mkhalaf

Sep 22, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I am a huge supporter of Brazilian star perchinio lol,,,,, however I never liked him at rb,,, I would prefer he played cb or cdm as I believe he always performed better there,,

• 89Norcal

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Do me a favor Shola, chest a few down for Ba to knock in and then relinquish to Cisse so we can put him in the center and get him on the scoresheet :).

• siqkicks