Nile Ranger Charged With Criminal Damage In London

News is just coming through that Newcastle’s 21 year-old striker Nile Ranger has been arrested and charged with criminal damage in London, and he will be appearing at Enfield Magistrates’ Court today.

Nile Ranger – arrested early yesterday morning in Enfield

Police were called to a house in Enfield in North London in the early hours of Sunday morning, after there was a report of a disturbance at the address.   Scotland Yard said officers arrived at the scene, and the front door of the house had been badly damaged.

Ranger, 21, was arrested at the scene of the crime, and was taken to a London police station early Sunday morning.

Nile Ranger has seen himself get into a lot of trouble with the law, starting a year ago, and it coincides with his career being essentially over on Tyneside.

He is still on Newcastle’s books, but the youngster doesn’t seem to have the application or dedication needed to become a top professional footballer, even though he has the skills.

Nile got into trouble while a juvenile in London, and joined Newcastle in the summer of 2008, after he was ditched by Southampton, and initially he did well at Newcastle.

He played well at the club under Chris Hughton, and kept out of trouble – and often said his move to Tyneside had changed (saved) his life.

But he seems to have gone back to a world of crime, and it’s a real pity that the significant football skills he has been blessed with, will now be completely wasted.

It’s a sad tale indeed.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Enough already, it’s just become embarrassing for everyone.

• BelfastMagpie

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

What a joke It was to give that kid a 5 year contract.

10 grand a week apparently.

I dont blame him for not moving on,when he’s on that money at 21.

I would do the same myself.

Clubs fault for giving him the contract.

• hotdog

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Belfast – Christ on a bike – I didnt know that!! Who gave him that contract and when?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Surely MA can pay a top lawyer to help get shot of this dingleberry?

• HullMag6

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM

A hughton legacy, gross misconduct time to terminate the contract.

• Cool Hand Luke

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I’ve never understood how behavior outside of work never gives grounds for contract termination in football like it does in pretty much every other field of employment. Surely the Mutu case set a precedent for this type of scenario? His haircut alone is grounds for dismissal in my book

• geordie1892

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I don’t get it, I really don’t. Why would anyone choose to be a plastic gangster over a pro footballer.

Nile Ranger. What a helmet. 😀

• hotdog

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM

That could be why Hughton got the boot 🙂

Cool Hand – haha yes agree – needs some soul glo 🙂

• GeordieDan

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Last words I’ll ever say about Ranger(because I’m bored of him now):

Enjoy Jail you stupid little moron. You had the lot and blew it big time. Bravo-What a tosser.

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Wasted youth is always sad if you ask me 🙁

…releasing him of his contract would probably be the best thing for NUFC, but I don’t think it will do Ranger any good!

…at the end of the day some just don’t care I guess (Ranger is probably not doing his case any good either)

• geordie1892

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Old news but hilarious…

NEWCASTLE striker Nile Ranger may be tipped for stardom but the 20-year-old would win no prizes for brainpower.

For Ranger didn’t know Toon team-mate Peter Lovenkrands was Danish despite sharing a dressing room with him for the past 18 months.

“Nile thought I was Scottish,” said Lovenkrands.

“We were playing Arsenal away earlier this season and were warming up in the corner when Nicklas Bendtner comes running towards me and obviously we start talking to each other in Danish.

“Then when he ran away again, Nile turned to me and said, ‘Do you talk Danish?’

“I just said, ‘What are you talking about?’ And he replied, ‘But you are Scottish, aren’t you?’

“He just presumed because of my accent that is where I was from, never realising I’m from Denmark.

“I told all the lads afterwards and they were all laughing. In fact, they’ve been taking the mick out of Nile ever since.”

Thick as pig sh!te 😀

full article here: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/189753/Newcastle-Nile-Ranger-s-blunders-over-team-mate-Peter-Lovenkrands-/

• geordie1892

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Comments don’t seem to be posting so I’ll try again without the link…

Old news but still hilarious

“Nile thought I was Scottish,” said Lovenkrands.

“Then when he ran away again, Nile turned to me and said, ‘Do you talk Danish?’

Thick as pig sh!te hahaa 😀

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Well, at the time they gave him that deal, he did look like he was going to kick on to bigger and better things, but it’s hard not to think that that big wage might have played a part in his undoing. Maybe a termination is a possibility and would be best for everyone. A championship club would probably take him on and pay him realistic wages. But really, it can’t continue.

• Cool Hand Luke

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

@hotdog… hahaha he will be letting his sooooul glow in HMP strangeways if he keeps this up.

• Toon_Jock

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Youth is wasted on the young.
    Oxygen is wasted on Nile Ranger.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM

It’s really really simple Mr Ashley. Sack this waste of space. I’m fed up with seeing him in the news wearing his black & whites. He’s a disgrace to the stripes and would have been sacked a long time ago from almost any other job.

He’s not worth a penny in a transfer fee, and surely there’s room to dismiss him for gross misconduct? Get rid!!!

• BarcelonaMag

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The worst thing is that he gets arrested for such stupid, petty things. Sounds like he drinks too much and gets out if hand rather than being a serious criminal. It would be so easy to avoid all of that with a modicum of common sense.

• markmac

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM

im all for giving people a 2nd chance…..he’s had several now. SACK HIM

• Lee Dodd

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Get His Sacked TODAY !!!!! How many Times have we got to hear the same old same old with this Muppet !!!!!!! Joey Barton is a Saint Compared to this Ideot !!!!!

• BeeGuy

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Well the NUFC policy of mental torture is paying off now! Ranger coming apart at the seams. Is this NUFC mgt. breaking him down like the US Marines do with their recruits, or just spite because NUFC can afford it? I wonder if NUFC tried any counxelling for this youngster and it has come to “breaking him to harness” or just braking him and done with. All in all, another sad step to him getting through life..

• Ashton

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM

He is just stupid and you can’t blame him for that because he is too stupid to realize how stupid he is. You just can’t do that.

• thebionicMAG

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

When you think of the MILLIONS of boys, men and OAP’s who would give their right testicle to live the dream like Ranger is doing it just makes me sick to the stomach.

Geordie 1892 got it spot on. Who would choose to be a gangster over being a Premiership footballer? A dick head that who. When he’s lying in a gutter in a pool of blood courtesy of a knife or gunshot wound maybe then the penny will drop.
    Sac…and let him get on with it.

• YorkshiresFinestGeordie

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM

what an idiot, he had the chance to play premier league football with newcastle, a top club and he goes and throws it away. Most of us dream of playing in PL earning thousands a week.

Please do us a favour, leave football and join a gang if you think your so hard.

• Ericles

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Get rid asap. Can his contract be cancelled now?

• Lynxie

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Its quite amazing really. Did anyone else notice that ‘Nile Ranger’ is an anagram of ‘I am a wanker’? you have to add a few letters and remove a few but it is truly uncanny……

• Lynxie

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Uncanny. Did anyone else notice that ‘Nile ranger’ is an anagram of ‘I am a w*nker’? You have to add a few letters and remove a few but you get my drift…… Spooky.

• Lynxie

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If you look in the dictionary under ‘halfwit’ there is a picture of Nile Ranger……

• Lynxie

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM

………..with apologies to all genuine halfwits, in being labelled in the same breath as muppet features hardman wannabe ex-footballer Nile ‘gangsta’ Ranger (coming to a prison exercise yard near you soon).