Debuchy Likely To Get Dream Move To Newcastle In January

There was news yesterday that Newcastle will go back in for Mathieu Debuchy in the January transfer window, and we wouldn’t be at all surprised if that happens, but why Newcastle couldn’t have done the deal in the summer is hard to fathom.

Mathieu Debuchy – likely to join Newcastle in January

Newcastle have been interested in the French international full-back all year, and of course he’s a big pal of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye, and it would seem he would fit right in on Tyneside, with all the French players already on Tyneside.

Newcastle were unwilling to pay the asking price to Lille for the fullback, and that led to Newcastle bringing in only one first team player in the summer – Vurnon Anita – and we paid out £6.6M to get him from Ajax, and the lad looks a good player who is versatile, and can play in many different positions.

The only potential small problem with the deal could be Mathieu’s age, as he turned 27 last July, but he should still have many years left at the top of his game.

The really new news in all of this,  is that apparently Newcastle are now receiving positive signs from his club Lille that they are now willing to do a deal, since it’s clear they have an unhappy player on their books, and one who has served them well since way back in 2004.

Mathieu is still said to be very keen to come to Newcastle, and he could well get that opportunity in early January.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Kyo

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Would be amazing if it happened, but after the torturous saga in the summer I’m not going to get my hopes up 🙁

• CisseSomething

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’ll believe it when I see it. 😀

• AmericanMagpie

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Hes a 79 on FIFA. Im definitely buying him.

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM

It’s not his dream move, it’s mine.

But I’ve had my heartbroken once too often by this young man, so from now I’m determined to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground.

But just imagine a fullback pairing of Debuchy and Santon, with Anita as cover.

Be still my beating heart!

• Mister Tuff

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I think we will be back for Debuchy -I hope we get him. I bet we will submit a reduced fee to what was allegedly offered in the summer. Then a commanding centre half -to go straight into the first team. I will be somewhat happier than I am now. We’ve picked up some points without playing very well – they say it’s a good sign if you play poorly but still get a few points. Football is a game which produces differing opinions from those within the game and supporters -predictions and opinions seem to fuel the game which adds to the excitement/expectations. I read some posts on here, some of which I agree with but there are some posts where I wonder if we are talking about the same players, who I think are not particularly good and will never “mature” into being top class performers even if they had ten years to try – but opinions although differing add to the excitement. I think that Pardew is obviously going to use the cup games to try out potential replacements/recruits for first team games and will be prepared to write off success in these competitions in order to progress in the league. Getting Collocini and Mr T back should have a positive effect.

• stunna

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I’d like to get him, but at 27 he probably won’t have much sell on value. I can’t see us paying more than £3m for him.

• spitfire_

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:31 AM

So while our ghost chasing in the summer was on progress Cissokho, Clyne and van der Wiel changed there clubs and each one of them costs less than Debuchy… no we didn’t move like horse with blinders at all… and obviously we made the same stupid mistake to try to buy players from teams which we already fckued by one way or another… splendid.

• spitfire_

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Actually van der Wiel’s price can be a little bit on top on Debuchy’s but this change nothing. If you want quality you should pay… can’t count only on transfers like Tiote’s or Cabaye’s which was the robbery of the decade.

• jawballsaswallwell

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM

I hope we’re in with an offer that represents a fair value for a good player with real credentials.

You gamble on an unknown you get on the cheap, and he comes good, that’s great business. But low balling for established performers leaves a bad taste or is just plain opportunistic.

Age is not a factor here, we’ve been after this player for the best part of a year and he will slot straight into the team and make an immediate impact.

• Toon73

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Please don’t tell me we have another 3 months of Debuchy transfer talk.

I’m still recovering from 4 weeks ago :I

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Morning lads!

It seems Ed is putting out new threads late a nite (for us that is) these days 🙂

Transfer speculation and contract talk seems to the the topic – if you find that news it either running slow or you need a change of topic deel free to do yesterdays music questionnaire 🙂

The topic was “the Cooper Temple Clause” B-)

Disclaimer: the questionnaire can be found under yesterdays early morning thread 😉

• Grafton83

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I thought the main problem was the price kept changing amid mysteriously absent offers from inter and real madrid.

Perhaps if the price stays the same this time we’ll get our man but I have to say I don’t trust Lille, they’re president seems to have some funny ideas sometimes. I can’t believe they’re only just realising now that they have an unhappy player on there books.

Like everyone else who expected this signing in the summer I’m not getting sucked into this one again, it was too painful to follow it all summer.

• obatoyou

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Morning’ means little Jesper we r all in different parts of the world!

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Oba… I can only speak for myself, which I did! …and I was merely trying to point out Ed was 6-7 hours away from most of us.

I didn’t think a disclaimer was needed ;D

• darrenfletcher88

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Crap crap crap story!!!

• beefman13

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM

MA, has a way of doing buiness which has seen him become maybe one of the top 5 in the country, he has transfered that business acumen to running a football club, many a so called expert ie alan sugar said you cant run a football club business fashion, but for me its the way forward, MA wont get done over on a price, yes 2 million extra would have maybe secured the deal with debuchy but as weknow sedoux added that on, we offered the original price in the end.

He will stick to his business philosophy and beacuse we have the scouting setup we can continue go bring in really vood players at bargain prices ie tiote, cabaye, anita, mr magic ben arfa, santon, marveaux, bigi, amilatitano, etc etc.

We have progressed every season of the last three, we are getting stronger and stronger imo

Let the fella in charge run the club as he sees fit, we have a formula that is working for me the stick he got over the debuchy saga was totally uncalled for.

We have 5 players who can play right back, simpson, perch, anita, raylor, santon, saylor two of them may be out but were not at the time of the debuchy trials.

There is areason why a perzon has 2 billion and most others have not got two pennys go rub together.

And it isa bit of a defensive post on behalf of the owner, but for me apart from ground renaming, we are well ahead of the game and havnt put afoot wrong in nearly 4 years. I really believe that.

• Tsunki

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Darren – crap crap crap post.

Anyone who says they won’t get drawn into another Debuchy transfer saga is kidding themselves ha ha you will, trust me.

27 is not too old for a back line man its tthe optimum age, sell on value in 3 years would still be good, especially if he made an impression in a succesful Newcastle side.

This is a realistic proposal, the Jan window will probably see the continuing hardball between Mike and the Lille moneymen, but if we do go back in, I think we will end up getting him.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Jesper- hiya. Good morning. What’s with the little Jesper line-
    LOL. As you know I have a mental picture of the key posters on here.
    Your Chiek Tiote a warrior and a man of gentle modesty. One of the
    main reasons to come on here before kicking off your day is the total lack of fake hostility. Even with Tiote and Colo rumoured to be playing tomorrow it is still a bit rich to charge £45 @ Old Trafford.

• Slank

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Tsunki @ 17

‘…27 is not too old for a back line man its tthe optimum age..’

Leighton Baines and Glen Johnson are older than Debuchy and if they are good enough for England then Debuchy is well worth the value for us.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hola!

Who is the Debuchy lad? Anyone seen him play?

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Beef- how about having a spare £ 2 billion through inherited wealth-
    us plebs might only have loose change. He who pays the piper calls the tune. I am a supporter of NUFC owners come and go but this one
    has a plan which I understand and aside from the re-naming of venue
    largely shows good commercial sense. One major area of criticism is on PR side where Pardew is often left in the lurch.

• tequilamag

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Yawn, read this story yesterday. No quoted sources just lazy journos making stuff up.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Slink- Good enough for England.! Hardly a good example with so many over the top old codgers still playing or on the fringes. Plus there is a being English premium which clouds the argument.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Sorry Slank

• Krul to be Kind

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM

@ Ian

He who pays the piper, calls the tune…
    beautiful analogy (clap,clap)!!! lol

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Anyone seen that shearer is favourite to take over at Blackburn if (when) Kean gets the sack? I think the sooner he gets into management the better. He’s wasted on Motd.

• Tsunki

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Baines has never looked better, as a defender that is, the betty boop hairstyle is still a bit worrying.

Ibiza – Debuchy is like the Danny Simpson of Ligue 1. 😉

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Ibiza- hello and good bye.

• Slank

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Ian @ 23

Are you saying that Leighton Baines and Glen Johnson are not good?

I would have them in our team anyday. They are far superior to Santon and Simpson.

• Slank

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Conaldo @ 26

Yeh, MOTD is too good for Shearer.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Slank- I have to go. But their not as good as Debuchy. Baines is highly rated by many I know but not by me. My point was there will be resale value but not as with a comparable English player because of the premium. Johnson is a joke.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Ian…Have a good one.

Tsunki…Oh dear, that just raises more questions that it answers 🙂

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Santon is only 21 and within a season( injuries aside) will be what you perceive Baines has now. Enjoy your day- cheers.

• beefman13

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Ian/Krul, ive always said you put your money down you make your choices.

To be fair most on here telling him what to do have critised him every seaon he has been here.

The first two were of course not to clever but a plan was put inplace after that and we have surged forward, well ahead of just about everyones expectations.

You cant always get what you want as mick jagger said! But the players we have brought in are terrific, and some great youngins ie krul fergie campbell vucic sammy etc.

Hey its not to bad at the cathederal is it!

• Krul to be Kind

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I really don’t think Debuchy is an upgrade on what we have atm, if simmo sees out this year and Tav continues to develop we will do ok + between Perch, Anita and Tav we have adequate cover with potential for further development. I would personally like to see Santon deployed on the right because it is his cutting in from the left that leaves us exposed resulting in Jonas covering, I’m all for interchanging throughout a game but with Santon’s reluctance to cross with his left peg and Jonas who can’t cross is doing a disservice to Cisse.

Regarding Cisse – he needs service and cutting in from wide everytime means he is getting crowded out, his off the ball movement is second to none imo, so we should play the wings more if we want him banging them in!

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Ian…if you are still there 🙂 (seems we’re in here a different times these days)!

…I just hope he meant mornings means little and that he didn’t call me little Jesper 😀 lol

NB: Debuchy who?

• Krul to be Kind

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

on a side note… do we really want a player who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn’t get what he wants, when Anita was being chased he acted like a true professional for eg, Debuchy for me has been a little too outspoken, holding his club to ransom and not performing well since move fell through, he might just have shown his true colours!

• Krul to be Kind

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM

God morgen lille Jesper! lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Do you prefer big Jesper? 😉

Krul is getting on us on a stones tangents this morning…..will someone take bait? Certainly not me, I’m here to talk football. This is a blog that I come to, to gimme shelter. I used to be a street fighting man, but that gave me no satisfaction. So mothers little helper has me under her thumb, so hey, get off of my…blog?

Yeah, i’m going back to bed.

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Krul…see how easy someone can ruin the good image one have of someone else 😀 lol

…nice danish by the way 😉