Newcastle Youngster – It’s Been A Dream – I Trust The Manager

Gael Bigirimana arrived in England as a 10-year-old refugee with his mother from Burundi in 2004, and he joined Coventry City a year later, and in the summer Newcastle seem to have made a fantastic signing, when he signed on for the Magpies for £1M – he’s looked terrific  so far in a black and white shirt – and the lad’s still only 18.

Gael Bigirimana – fantastic signing for Newcastle at just £1M

We assume this is another player that Chief Scout Graham Carr has tracked and help sign, and Graham is worth so much to Newcastle – and it’s good we’ve signed him up for the next eight years.

And it would be good to have another interview with Graham soon, because he’s always so interesting and it’s good to get his perspective on players and how Alan Pardew is building up Newcastle.

We are already big fans of Bigirimana, who will most likely start on the bench tomorrow night at Old Trafford, and we don’t expect this lad to be over-awed by the magnificent stadium if he gets some playing time.

This is what Gael said in the local press today:

“I just keep saying it’s been a dream because it’s been ridiculous the way things have gone – in a good way – playing as many games as I have.”

“Thanks to the manager, he has put his trust in me, and the staff and the players, and I have just got to trust in the manager for the decisions he makes.”

“He knows what’s best for me because he has already given me the chance to play the games I didn’t think I would play, so I have just got to trust him and keep working hard.”

“When we heard that we were drawn with Manchester United, it was a really good draw. The club is just massive and the stadium is like a dream for every kid, so I just hope the manager will bring me on or start me.”

“If I come on for five minutes, it will be a dream come true (note: Alan Pardew – please take note) – even to just play five minutes, 10 minutes at that stadium.”  “The club is just massive and the stadium is like a dream for every kid, so I just hope the manager will bring me on or start me.”

“I have learned that by working hard, you get your rewards. I have seen all the top players at the club, in training it’s always as if their life depends on it.”  “That just shows me that for me to be where they are, every day I have got to work hard because the talent is there.”

“As a kid, every footballer, you have your talent, but it’s how your mentality goes, so I have learned to have a strong mentality and just to keep working harder and harder.”

It could be that Cheick Tiote starts the game tomorrow night in defensive midfield, so perhaps the 18 year-old will come on as a substitute in the second half, but when he replaced Tiote in pre-season, Newcastle kept playing well without a hitch – so that shows how good a player Gael already is.

Manager Alan Pardew had this to say about the youngster:

“Obviously, I am moulding him very much around Cheick and saying, ‘Learn as much as you can’.” “He is 18, Bigi, and he has got the best years, obviously, ahead of him. He couldn’t learn from a better player than Cheick Tiote – and if he gets anywhere near him, we will be absolutely delighted.”

And it seems like a lot of his family will be traveling to  Old Trafford tomorrow night for the Capital One Cup tie, and they must be delighted with the start Gael has made in his Newcastle career, and must be so proud of him.

We certainly are – and it looks like he could become a great player for Newcastle United down the road a little bit – he’s that good already.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• nufc786

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

whoaaaaaaa bigi imagine wht u will become in 1 or 2 yrs wht a player you will be……

• nufc786

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

• ChicagoToon

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

for those interested its newcastle ratings for fifa 13

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Said it all on the last thread. But what an incredible players and young man. This guy is a model professional for people to look up to. Has the right attitude, which is scarily absent in today’s society…..why I remember when I was a young………

• nufc786

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

ooooh past story ….. go on ibiza……

• 89Norcal

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Really is amazing the talent this guy has, and even more amazing when you consider he only cost us 1M.

Give him a few years to bulk up some and he’ll be bossing it around in the midfield with everyone.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Ibiza – good to see your still around. I was beginning to think that you were avoiding me or am I just paranoid.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

786…Checking SS website is just one of my many talents 🙂

Ian….You indeed are being paranoid. I was having internet problems at an apartment I was staying at, so access for at a minimum. I tried to use the time to pick up some hobbies, only to be told staring at bikini cladded girls wasn’t one. I’m sure you can understand my frustration at this. So here I am, back to my old self 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Is anyone else starting to feel sorry for John Terry? No? Me neither. Prat.

• WWYCD

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Really like this lad seems to have a big future ahead and I really hope its with us

• tequilamag

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Evening Ibiza, have you done the webfoot yet ?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

He is Tiote’s apprentice for shure like 🙂

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Just hearing of sun drenchedIbiza with 27 degrees it must be a hard life. There are no east coast trains between York and Darlington here.
    Had a frustrating day I was supposed to be travelling but advised against it. Still managed to watch the ManCity v Arsenal game last night. I. Might have to revise my pre season assessment of Arsenal.
    They really are the blueprint to follow. Anyway if you ever doubted it you were sorely missed.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Tequila…Not yet. Pretty p*ss*d about it to be honest. They all went to my favourite club in Ibiza last night and text me every 10 minutes and I was stuck arguing with clients and writing a novel of a response to them. I have until Saturday though. I’ve got to say, I think my sarcasm will get the better of me and I’ll blow the whole thing. A born Geordie supporting the scum…honestly one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever encountered. I suppose a few shots of tequila might help the cause mind 🙂

Yo….Seems like a lifetime. What’s new?

• tequilamag

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Early days mate, we have confidence in you.

• WWYCD

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Ibiza
    Has been awhile squire heard a rumour ud given up on the blog glad it was unfounded. Not much new lad what about with u? Spanish weather treating u better than the p*ssing it down weather in town?

Enjoy the Norwich match?

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Ibiza- John Terry has made a fool of himself on a number of occasions. My personal favourite was his celebration in full kit with the players who had played and won the game to become Euro champs.
    Thought Hodgson was out of order calling Terry a warrior. You’d
    think he would know that’s Chiek Tiote.

• hotdog

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Sounds like bigi is after a move to man utd:-) if we take our black and white specs off who would say man utd are the biggest club in Britain. They were still getting 50,000 in the second division in the 70’s !!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Ian….I struggle on. The air conditioning helps 🙂

Arsenal are doing pretty well. Whether they are ultimately successful or not is debatable, but the blueprint is certainly respectable and I have no qualms about us doing a similar thing. We are not in the league of the Manchesters or Chelsea, so to say we would be settling for mediocrity is baffling. In a few years, yes I would want to win something, but first things first, let’s make ourselves competitive.

• Cool Hand Luke

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Ian Toon, I did think it was a nice touch for him to put his shin pads on though.

On Bigi, I am seriously impressed with this guy, what a find! seems like a really down to earth lad too.

• LewSpi

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Wouldn’t mind seeing this lad start along side Cheick and Yohan, give Guti a rest, he deserves one.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Tequila…Thank you mate. That is the optimism I needed to get this one over the line 🙂

Yo…I read a bit of that. Really not sure where it came from. I also learned that I had a girlfriend 🙂 If that is the case, she is useless….oh wait, maybe I do have one then 🙂 I slept through most of the Norwich match (86 minutes to be exact), so cannot comment. Happy with the points though. Nothing really new here, starting to quieten down somewhat, looking forward to a bit of a break, wouldn’t mind this heat sticking around…i’m sure you can appreciate that.

Ian…..I often wonder if my dislike of Terry is over the top, but I just look at him and can’t help it. I fail to see why people love him so. The man is a major [Word removed as this is a site for people of all ages]!

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Bigi is untainted by an agent . At a time when the respect generally for footballers is at an all time low it’s good to see his love of football.
    He thinks it’s the beautiful game. Obviously not watching Tiote’s few encounters on Sunday- LOL.
    If you hadn’t have shown up today I was planning to start a rumour that you had been appointed as Bigi ‘s Agent on a huge retainer – it would have to have been for you to give up job for Ed.

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ibiza- got to see a man about a dog. See ya.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Cool Hand…Did he really put his shin pads on or was that a joke? If he did that is absolutely hilarious.

Ian…..If he’s going to turn out to be like Tiote, then I want nothing to do with it. Can’t live my life in fear like that 🙂 Plus Ed and I have a good set up here, although i’m yet to receive any payment. Keep getting told my cheque is in the post 😉

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Arsenal are the Porto of the Premier League IMO

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Ibiza- he was the best CB in PL. for a decade – Shearer always said so too and his positional play was first class. He just is not a very nice human being.

• WWYCD

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ibiza
    Oh that break up was untrue? Haha thought u had maybe had a melt down on here tbh

Tbh mate u didnt miss much as far as the match goes other than Ba’s goal was. again. pretty poor well that and Tiote going mental. Surely living in Spain is all about the quiet life with great weather no?

On the JT thing I dislike him as a man but he is a great player probably one of the best CBs England has produced in a long time

• Ian Toon

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Cool Hand- Do you have a copyright on the shin pads- next time I tell the story I would like to include that, really nice touch-lOL

• tequilamag

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM

For Terry, yeah a truly horrible individual and although I dont dispute he is a good player but he is getting on a bit now along with Gerrard and Lampard. England never really performed when they were at their best. Maybe its time to move those players out of the England set up and try something new.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Ian…Take it easy mate. Happy dogging (oh wait, that’s not right). Shearer says a lot of things, I will happily continue to loathe Terry.

Yo….It was untrue. Not sure where it came from 🙂 Meltdowns are always possible though. It is about the quiet life, hence why I come on here for some aggravation…I mean, friendly banter from people who always think out what they say! Do you think Terry is better than Willo then? Not sure I could agree with that like.

• Cool Hand Luke

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Ibiza & Ian Toon. I was trying to find a photo but none of them are really clear, heres a link to the news article and a few funny photoshops though..

You have to wonder what goes through the mans mind at times! Great player but a total tosser!

• FatmanJoe

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I can vouch that John Terry is a terrible human being as I live near him. I have seen him have run ins with several people. They had the cheek to treat him like a normal human. The last one was him f-ing and blinding at two teenage girls in the local cinema. I believe he called them c**ts

He is a scum bag and unfortunately will be remembered as being a lion heart thanks to the London media.

• WWYCD

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Ibiza
    Haha well how bleeding weird are the lot on here eh! Well u have to get ur meltdowns out somewhere and everyones likely to chip in on here 😉

Better than Willo? Well no but thats like comparing Ranger to Messi 🙂 I mean Willo got a man of the match award! England will be calling soon 😀 Seriously though Terry would be in my England squad

• Tsunki

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I already admire this Bigi lad I hope nothing happens to change that excellent attitude. I love the observation about how the first team pros train ‘like their life depended on it’ but if he’s talking about Cheik I think he meant that he trains like someone elses life depended on it.

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Fatman joe
    I do alot of work round esher and also have had the misfortune of running to the dislikable pr1ck a few times very arogant, basicaly does whay he wants round there.
    The only time ive ever seen hin lose it was at chessington world of adventures, a lad of about 8 ran up to him wearing a manure shirt and said “are you john terry? My dad said your crap!” everyone had a bit of a laugh until terry tried having the family ejected

Buy have to agree he was a cracking cb not so much the last couple of seasons

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Yo…But then you do like a perceived bad boy, so I’m not sure if you’re judgement can be relied upon 🙂 Ranger and Messi….sorry, laughter making it hard to responsd properly. Not sure the comment can be responded to properly.

• check the toastie

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Terry is a bellend, not bothered how gud a cb he is or was, hope he reaps what he has sown regards his pathetic take on how to conduct yorself thru the journey called life. A classless ignorant prik. Amen.

• FatmanJoe

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Not far from me then Tads! Weird someone on here knowing esher!

Yea he was good. Can’t disagree with that.

• Tsunki

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Hmm. What about a vote on how many of us would love or hate Nile Ranger if he was currently banging in wonder goals for us, in between spells in court that is? Ketsy – can you draw something up for ED?

1 2 3 5