Newcastle Captain The Only Concern – He’s Not Quite Right

It seems that the Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini may miss the game at Reading tomorrow afternoon, as Alan Pardew says he’s still not quite right, and if he decides that tomorrow then Fab will be rested for that game.

Coloccini challenges Anderson on Wednesday night

Coloccini played for an hour at Old Trafford on Wednesday night and played well, but when he came off he was said to be very sore, and he may have come back just a little too early from his hamstring injury.

And with Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor currently both in good form, there’s no need at all for Coloccini to be rushed back into the side, although the side has missed his experience since he’s been out.

There’s a lot of tough games coming up for Newcastle and better to rest Colo now so he is fully fit and available for those, which include games at home to Manchester United and away to Sunderland.

This is what Alan Pardew told the Newcastle press today:

“The only worry we have is Colo. He’s back, but we don’t think he’s quite right yet.” “If he’s not right then we won’t risk him.” “Everybody will come back in and they are in good health.”

“Everybody is pushing and available.” “They’re big players for us, and you can’t underestimate that.” “I thought Colo was composed. He reads situations, and does things that to the untrained eye makes it look easy.”

“Great players – like Wayne Rooney – do that, and Colo does that in a defensive way. We’ve missed that knowledge.”

But it seems that Cheick Tiote came through the game at Old Trafford fit and well, and he’s expected to take up his position in defensive midfield, and we think either Vurnon Anita or James Tavernier, who had a great game on Wednesday night, will slot in at right back, in the continuing absence of Danny Simpson with his hamstring injury.

We need all 3 points tomorrow afternoon at Reading.

• cyprus

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Nice words from Fergie, but also from Lambias and AP. In fact, AP recently changed his tune (e.g. ‘NUFC always play to win’ as opposed to ‘we must educate the fans’ {to accept mediocrity}- my addition-. An Lambias talking about Europe and the bright future is music to the ears. Hope it works out with Pards, it’s a risk this 8 year contract but it’s a sound idea. Now, let’s tie up HBA, Ba, Cisse and Tiote till their 50 bday and we are good to go

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Do the media realise we don’t pay over the odds for players anymore? Ergh apparently not

• Toon_Jock

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM

16M – Don’t think so! 1.6M would be closer to the mark with our transfer Policies…

• Dannyo

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

$16 mill???
    Talksport and caughtoffside, the two worst rumour printers in history of british media.
    If not the world.

• Tsunki

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Rozzy I posted that one earlier and the reason there are few bites is because its Talks****. Notice the telltale last sentence along the lines of Demba Ba being unhappy blah blah, they’ve taken far too much time to come up with this nonsense. As if they would blab about transfer targets this soon!

• lesh

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Rozza….. £16m….. not a chance!!

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Daily fails also reporting it. Journalists make me lol.

“Hey theres a transfer rumour on talk sport!”

“Great it must be true copy and paste it to our website!”

??????

Profit

Rinse and repeat

• newcben

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM

How insane would our attacking line up be with Doumbia him and Debuchy in for a combined £20m in January (now that is wishful).

——————-Krul——————-
    Debucy—-STaylor—Colo—-Santon
    ——Cabaye—-Tiote—Jonas———
    HBA————-BA——–Doumbia

Even 442 with HBA slipping back to a four man midfield. Or if we were going craaaaazy!

——————-Krul——————-
    Debucy—-STaylor—Colo—-Santon
    ————Tiote—Cabaye————-
    —————-HBA———————
    –Cisse———BA———Doumbia–

• Tsunki

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

2 goal Tino’s link to the sky vid with that Jordan character who knacked Crystal Palace is hilarious sour grapes. Top bloke, Mr Jordan. He predicted Pards would be gone by the end of the season, then Pards gets an 8 year deal. Of course Jordan is sticking with his prediction. He didn’t say whether he bet that if it didn’t happen he would get plastic surgery to look more like his namesake though. Shame. He’s got the hair already.

• Tsunki

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM

newcben – for one thing you know it wont happen, and then that second forward line of yours would be like the red arrows flying blindfold.

• cyprus

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

At 9,
    I got an insane set up right now dude, just must gel. Although, additions always welcome! Bring in a wily young little Brazilian (Carr, fancy a trip to Latin America, no ACON problems?) to play behind the forwards with HBA, I say, if u ask me.

• ajcrawfs

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM

is krul back for this game as well?

• cyprus

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Or, how about a Korean bronze medal holder (Carr, fancy a ….)? They must be doing something right, and that would do wonders in Asia for us!

• puretoon

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Somehow I don’t think we’re after that player (talksport). it’ll be yet another load of rubbish dreamt up by the mefia-and its only September! wr certainly won’t be payin that sort of money out anyway.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Anyone else seen thay Jose Enrique story in the sun this morning about him winning a fifi 13 tournament ? . He must get alot of practice while sitting on the bench 🙂 , also he is now an adopted Anfield skinhead now. Liverpool must have the most shaven headed players in the whole country. Are they starting a neo-nazi revolution or something ?

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Damn its quiet

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Anybody?

• Tom4Nufc

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I like chicken.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Rainrix….I’m back! Did you say it was quiet?

Big news….got my copy of Fifa 13. Oh yeah 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I only have one thing to say to y’all today – 8 is a magic number 😀 lol

• Tom4Nufc

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Brilliant… Although I don’t deny I do indeed like chicken, my work colleagues thought that’d be a funny comment… Is there no hope?!

Right scores for this weekend? Plus does anyone know how to get away tickets? I’m not familiar with the process but want to try and get some for this weekend (I know, it’s optimistic) Southampton and a couple of the London clubs matches.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Jesper…So you wont be saying anything else?

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

…Ohh and one more thing; we are not going to see much of Ibiza the next few day 😉

…Fifa time 😀 lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Tom4….To be fair, chicken is lovely.

Scores for the weekend?

Saturday
    Arsenal v Chelsea 2-1
    Everton v Southampton 3-1
    Fulham v Man City 1-1
    Reading v Newcastle 1-3
    Sunderland v Wigan 1-1
    Stoke v Swansea 2-1
    Norwich v Liverpool 2-2
    Man Utd v Tottenham 2-1
    Sunday
    Aston Villa v West Brom 0-1

Don’t even bother thinking about it, these will be the scores 🙂

Hmmm….I best take a look at my fantasy league team….is Krul back for the Reading game does anybody know?

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Ibiza…did I miss anything today I should comment on?

…there will probably be lots to talk about tomorrow (and many a few to avoid)

Well lets hope that won’t have to be the case; Benny and Ba are going to pull os through and distance FC Pipedream further from the Knights of Ibiza B-)

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Ibiza… I find it funny when you show up jesper appears from nowhere. Are you actually the same person? 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Jesper…And I thought you were a man of your word.

But yes, don’t expect to see much of me. First things first, Simmo and Willo have to go. Can’t have them costing me a CL place.

• bills-son

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

wynsleap – re not paying over the odds but not buying more players in the summer window. The reason for that is simple – other players we wanted weren’t available at the price we wanted to pay. What do you want the club to do – buy for the sake of it?

Look at last summer when – apart from Ba on a free – we didn’t sign a CF. We were asked for £13M for Cisse and got him for £9M in January. Rumour has it now that Debuchy might come for the price we want to pay this January. All Lille have done is keep an unhappy player.

Selling clubs will quickly begin to understand that when Llambias says “that’s our best offer” that’s EXACTLY what he means. If we get a reputation for caving in our negotiating position is weakened.

I’ve said it before, the way we do business is frustrating at times, but I’d far rather wait a bit longer to get the right players at the right price than go back to the days of flash the cash signings like Marcelino, Boumsong, Owen, Guivarch, Viana, Luque and the like.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Rainrix….To be honest mate, it’s only you and me on here. Any user other than yourself is me. Exhausting to be honest, but it keeps me entertained.

Jesper….Probably not, but since when does that stop us commenting? Hoping for more positive topics tomorrow…if not, I shall just stick with my PS3 and let them get on with it.

That scenario is nothing more than a dream mate. Enjoy your moment while it lasts, come May the Knights class will shine through. Feel free to change the word “class” to a more fitting adjective (I.E. Rubbish).

• jesperfuglsang

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Rainrix…I swear it is a coincidence 😉 I swear… lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Bills….Noticed your comment earlier about people being happy about Llambias letting the fans know what has been going on. Completely agree (Believe I even made a similar point), they have made this clear already in the past. Nothing has changed, just seem some people need to keep being told it.

• rainrix

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Ibiza… I have had suspisions that was the case like, multiple personality disorder ftw! Also are you on xbox or ps3?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Bloody journos….what do they know? Ashley out 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Rainrix….tbh, I’d love to be credited with creating that many characters. Would be some achievement, albeit a sad one.

I’m on PS3.