The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Bairn – Pardew Believes In Me – I’ll Make Him Proud

10:37 am, Monday, October 1st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 10 Comments

18 year-old Gael Bigirimana, our new signing from Reading is not only a very good player already, but he seems very hungry to learn and he has already said he regards the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, as a father figure.

Gael Bigirimana – future Newcastle star player?

The Burundi-born midfielder made his staring debut in the Premier League at Reading on Saturday, and certainly didn’t look out of place, and it could be that this lad will be the find of the season for Newcastle, as he will only improve with first team games, and all the advice he is getting from Newcastle’s top stars Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote.

And Gael has revealed that Alan Pardew was not too happy at all in the dressing room after the game, and he made that quite clear to the Newcastle stars – that the performance at the Majedski Stadium on Saturday simply wasn’t good enough.

This is what Gael told the local Newcastle press today:

“The gaffer wasn’t pleased. He expects high standards from ourselves.” “The manager expects us to perform and play as a team, and these next three games are vital.” “These points are vital. Hopefully, we’ll improve and give more out there.”

“We probably didn’t deserve a point, but we’ll take it.” “I just give thanks to God, and thank the manager for giving me the opportunity.” “There were experienced players on the bench, but he had faith in me.” “I did what he asked and it was a good day for me.”

“The manager believes in me, and I’m just going to keep making him proud and working hard.” “I just take each day and game as it comes.” “I want to keep my head down, keep learning and keep playing football.” “Demba’s on form now and getting his goals.”

“Hopefully that can continue.”

It seems that Pardew is a big fan of the 18 year-old, and he could get a lot of first team games this season for the Magpies, and he should be such a better player come the end of this season, and to think we got him for just £1M – another bargain buy for Newcastle.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

Tags: Gael Bigirimana · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Overrated, useless on saturday. Hogtie his legs then throw him in the tyne. :)

• 2 therush12 // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Reading?? :p sorry had 2 point it out!

On a serious note, This lad looks a great buy so far!

Does anyone think Curtis Good will end up getting a call up to the first team due to injuries??

• 3 beefman13 // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Rainrix, may you go to hell wrapped i a sunderland shirt ha ha!

On a serious note, bigi is a brilliant capture for us, lets not forget the lad is only 18, he can only get better, i just hope AP will show more faith in fergie as well, he can have such a positive impact for us for me he is definatly up there with mclean at the mackems and he showed he was a decent kid when given the chance, I know AP seems to put senior first teamers normally ahead of the younger players but if they are good enough play the buggers, and fergie has not ever let the toon down imo and will get better with more playing time.

Play him on thursday v bordeaux and give adam campbell at least half an hour, another kid who is going to be the biz for us.

• 4 Graeme // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Thought we bought him from Coventry??

• 5 mindshaft // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Think Bigi did ok until Steven Taylor went off, he seemed to get bullied off the ball quite a bit afterwards – will be a decent player for us tho and a bargain at 1 million from cov

Still think we need a fast attacking midfield player, we seem to always have a massive gap between our forwards and midfield and are often massively outnumbered in the final third

• 6 jarnytoon // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

@mindshaft

I agree, need a nippy attacking mid! I know he’s not the quickest but I was just watching Diego for Wolfsburg against Mainz, they lost but he was everywhere n great in the final third. At only 27 I’d take a punt on him

• 7 obatoyou // Oct 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

What’s a bairn

• 8 obatoyou // Oct 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Me and bigirimana is alike, we both give thanks to god :)

• 9 Made a ma beed // Oct 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Thanks for posting a Bigi is great thread again Ed! It keeps your record of Bigi is great threads up, every other day!

• 10 steveno7 // Oct 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM

A bairn is a child or young one

previous post: Newcastle Being Linked With Norwegian Forward