The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Interview – We Struggled Against Reading – Video

10:45 am, Monday, October 1st, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 34 Comments

Bear in mind when you listen to a fairly calm Alan Pardew after the game on Saturday, that he had just ripped his team apart in the dressing room for what he called a performance that just wasn’t good enough for Newcastle – we’ll see how we do in the next two games against Bordeaux and Manchester United, but we certainly have to pick up our game – and soon too.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Video

34 responses so far ↓

• 1 RonVanDam // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We played like a team doomed for relegation against reading

• 2 RonVanDam // Oct 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

20 Football Transfers That Shocked the World

We featured in this twice and alan pardew once when he was at West Ham

• 3 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Ron.. We are doomed, have you seen our players? Seriously ben arfa, what has he ever achieved ever? Also demba ba hasn’t scored 20 pl goals in a season and neither has papiss. We’re doomed i tells ye doooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!

• 4 Markaccus // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I’m sure we’ll find our rythm soon enough. Don’t panic, don’t panic 😀
    In other news, after finally getting back into the games after many years, I have just completed assassins creed 2, including the 2 missing sequences, and I just need to find 2 of the 3 templar lairs and do them. Then its on to brotherhood, which hopefully I can finnish before ac3 comes out. (Been told to miss revalations because its tedious) just thought I’d change the subject totally :p

• 5 Graeme // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM

We rode our luck at times, for sure, but a 2-2 draw away is a point in the bag. It wasnt pretty, but we can take it and move on, in anticipation of an improvement in the next game!!

• 6 beefman13 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

AP it seems is getting in to that habit of saying we did not perform, we no doubt have been lucky to get away with a few results this season and we always seem to nee a kick up the butt to get going.

in another way though our season has started with big injuries to key players so i suppose we are owed a bit of luck the other way.

Willy is the one that seems to get away with it quite a bit, the lad gasfilled in and gave 100 per cent i know but i know whenever he plays it is going to be tricky at times in our defence during the game, we really do need that quality centrew half in january, we are squeezing every last drop out of willy for sure, i always thought he was a good lad in the coca cola but i did not ses him as prem quality eve though as i said he has done ok to be fair.

I reckon the only reason anita was left out was beacuse of his time hes been away wghile his girlfriend was pregnant and he has probably missed vital training, i expect him back for bordeaux and man utd.

Again cisse and Ba just dont seem to click playing together and formations again have to be mixed up to freshen things, that maybe hard on demba but it is like we are playing 10 v 11 sometimes.

Dont want to be to hard on jonas but he offers very little apart from workrate imo, he gets the vote every time and they love him at the toon but for me should not be one of those first on the team sheet which he probably is.

• 7 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Markaccus… Dont worry they’re right about revelations. Not a bad game by any means, it just doesn’t really move the story on much besides from “this is were the next game is being set”. Brotherhood doesn’t really move much on either, just kinda rounds ezios story off a bit before revelations does it completely

• 8 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Rainrix….Is sarcasm contagious? I think I may have infected you slightly, sorry.

• 9 RonVanDam // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

@ rainrix

I was referring to how in one game, we scrapped through against a weaker team, a team we were supposed to beat. Arfa wasnt his usual self, defense was leaky. I see our team but the passion and fire we had last season isnt there yet. Im waiting for someone to come in, grab the team by scuff and say lets go to the top.

• 10 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Ibiza… I’ve always been sarcastic, i just try to keep things whimsical usually ;). Although it is fun to see how ridiculous and cartoonish I can build something up to be.

• 11 RonVanDam // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Heres a article why Ba swap for Carroll wont happen

• 12 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Although your efforts have been a great motivation for me, so domo arigato :)

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Rainrix….Some rambling about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit……

• 14 eaststandgeordie1982 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Ibiza you got fifa 13 on ps3

• 15 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

ibiza… Still a form of wit none the less, i’ll take it :)

• 16 beefman13 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Decisions have to be made if saylor is out with a hamstring for bordeaux and man utd, hopefully colo is back, willo again no doubt will get the call.

Has anyone noticed when he goes up for for corners or free kicks he seems virtually every time to give away a free kick through pushing or shoving it always seems to be him,hes been doing this for ages and it gets on my wick, looks like he will get another run in the team though as centre half is proving a problem through our injuries, the reason im having a bit of a pop is beacuse i have watched the match back and he continually gets caught and turns about as quick as an oil tanker.

• 17 Markaccus // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Rainrix, yeah that’s basically what I was told. Brotherhood still fun to play because the structure of missions and the rebuilding process are slightky different, but revelations is almost identical. I supposed some people can be OCD about completing stuff 😀

• 18 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

@stand you added me did you not?

• 19 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM

eastand even

• 20 rainrix // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Markaccus.. Brotherhoods the better game imo. Much better storyline, It feels like you’re actually struggling to wrestle control from a much stronger force, revelations kinda feels like you’re just kicking a dying man in the chest if that makes sense :)

• 21 Pushy Pardew // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

What a load of irrational outpourings from posters who with a few bad performances gleefully look to open up old wounds.
    There noticeably were few of the posters that provide insight and clarity around and just how many have decided there is little enjoyment in posting and engaging with fans who display little understanding of the game. These are not the fans who got us talked of as the best supporters in the Premiership. I exclude Tsunki who tried to hold a reasonable line and a few others but the usual suspects were out in force. But let me assure you that the dissent shown towards the Owner and Pardew is not shared by vast majority of the travelling Toon Army. The general view is that we have a small squad and some players will be moved out as youngsters come through. Patience is needed but as key players, Coloccini and Cabaye come back the balance to the side will be restored.

• 22 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM

@ibiza + eastamd current fifa team 4-2-3-1
    krul, Hugo mallo, Colo, saylor, santon, tiote anita, ox-chamberlain, maher, benny, ba
    cisse out for £30m and cabaye demanded to leave. git

• 23 eaststandgeordie1982 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Ppb i think so mate mine is eastandgeordie82

• 24 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

@pushy. good lad. well said

• 25 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

@eastamd definitely you. but im enjoying career right now

• 26 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Rainrix…Once again, not an opinion I agree with, who would have thought? :)

Eaststand…I am. I believe it’s ‘Ibizatoon’. I tried adding you, but your name on here is apparently too long?!?

Beefman…I would love to sit in on a training session with our team. The areas that need to be improved, seem to be the same each game. They must be working on it, you do have to wonder how they go about this though. Surely it isn’t just as simple as can’t teach an old dog new tricks?

• 27 eaststandgeordie1982 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Ppb same here mate

• 28 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Cabaye did the same on mine after i dropped him for a LC game! Sold him and bought verratti tom ince and matija nastasic!

• 29 dave 1961 // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Williamson should be captain on Thursday, it could make him more alert, if he has responsibility, he needs to be told by Pardew hes the main man, & the result rests on him, not a good way to play a game of football, but sadly Williamson our best central defender whether we like it or not. on a lighter note i bought some t shirts for my holidays & one was orange & white, unfortunately the wife says when you see it on its own it looks red & white, and after giving a lot of thought to the problem, what do i do with it, as i would not be seen dead wearing it, i cant bin it as the bin man might see it, do i stick it in a charity bag and hope it does not get tied to me, do i drive fast through wear side & throw it out the car window for one of the makem hobo’s, its a dilemmas if my brother sees it he will make my life a misery.

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I bought in Debuchy (£5 plus Xisco – ha ha). He played half a season, really well I might add. Then Lille came back in January and offered £12.5m. I sold him back, but was confused as I thought a player couldn’t move twice in one season?

• 31 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Right lads. I am off for the day. Closing week at some of the ‘ouses 😉

Have a good one and remember if you don’t agree with each other, throw the potch to the fan and call each other every name under the sun.

If I note anyone talking civilly to each other you wont know what’s hit you later. You’ve been warned.

• 32 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Ibiza he he also bought debuchy! Oxlade is a great buy to unfortunatly most my original squad keep handing transfer requests! Cisse demanded a move to warmer climates not sure how warm stoke is but for £19 mil i didnt care and i managed to el shaarawy for £11mil and hes been quality

• 33 ppb // Oct 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

i bought ince too

• 34 smoke beer drink tabs // Oct 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

We miss Cabaye way too much when he does not play. No creation from centre midfield, all other centre midfielders are too defensive thinking. Cant remember one chance created in first half.

previous post: Newcastle Bairn – Pardew Believes In Me – I’ll Make Him Proud