Adam Campbell In The Mix For Bordeaux Game

Any youngster who is at Newcastle United these days knows that it they are good enough, by being impressive in training and keeping their heads down, they will have every chance to play in the Newcastle first team, and it doesn’t matter what age they are – if you are good enough you are old enough.

Adam Campbell – could get a game on Thursday

Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Gael Bigirimana are all in contention to start the game against Bordeaux on Thursday night, and it seems that 17 year-old Adam Campbell may come into the squad too.

Newcastle will continue to play an under-strength side in Europe to keep our best and more experienced players for the league games, but we noticed last night that Chelsea had just about their strongest side out when they demolished Danish side Nordsjaelland 4-0 in the Champions League.

And Manchester United are making sure they don’t field weak sides in Europe this season  after the embarrassment of last season, when they were knocked out of the Champions League early, and dropped down to the Europa league, but were summarily knocked out of that league too.

But Alan Pardew seems confident about the ability of the youngsters who will play against Bordeaux tomorrow night:

“I am secure about them because I see what they do at the training ground.” “To me they aren’t young boys, they are professional footballers.” “I don’t look at people’s age I look at their quality.”

“I look at Adam Campbell and I don’t see much between him at 17 and Shola at 30. He’s at the level.” “It is now how he grows from here.”

“We haven’t got a big pool of strikers.” “But we have a real quality pool. You have to say that.” “Haris is in there and Sammy Ameobi has done very well too.” “That is our group now really.”

“They have to get in there and show they can step up.”

We need a win on Thursday night, and then we need to give a very account of ourselves on Sunday afternoon too – at home to Manchester United.

The two week International break is coming up after Sunday, and there’s nothing worse than having a bad result going into that break, and there’s nothing much better than having a win either.

We’ll take the win.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Carryingcoals

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Maybe Sammy will get the nod over Vuckic ?

Campbell on with 15 mins to go…

• Carryingcoals

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Elliot
    Tav Perch Willo Santon
    Obertan Bigi Anita Fergie
    Shola Sammy

Same side maybe fergie LB and Marveaux ahead of him = santon rested.
    Possibly Vuckic for Sammy.

Regardless – tough game on Thursday.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Lightening fingers Harrison is at work 🙂

It would seem safe to assume that Campbell will get some time on the field tomorrow. I’d like to see him get a decent run out, obviously depending on how the game is going.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Carrying…I can see that team being picked. Maybe another start for Gosling though?

Marveaux is a player I’m giving a lot of thought to at the minute. From his previous performances (albeit brief ones) he showed some real talent and I was really looking forward to him making an impact this season. Seems to be out of sorts though, so maybe he needs to start and get some more game time. So, perhaps Fergie at LB as you say.

• Carryingcoals

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Ah yeah Gosling… forgot to think about him Ibiza.

Yeah I wanted more from Marv, still a long way to go and he can have a big contribution nonetheless. I’m really excited to go to tomorrow’s game, been ages since I’ve been to a European game.

I’m off now mate, catch u soon

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

How can you forget Gosling? Enjoy the match, I’d say you lucky b*st*rd, but I suppose we’ll have to see how we perform to know that 🙂

Have a good one.

• cupiddstunt

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

BIz about the tuna thing.

I think with the price of tuna now only billionaires can afford to smother their feet in it

• hotdog

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I like Vuckic but his lack of pace is a concern. I dont think we have had that lightening pace since Bellamy left and id like to see campbell get 20mins.

Ibiza – “at work” you familiar with that phrase 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Carrying
    Good line up although i’d like to see gabby in a different role tbh as he does nout on the wing
    My line up would be

Eliiot
    Tav perch wilo good(just wanna see this lad play!)
    Sammy anita gosling/vuckic fergie
    Gabby
    Strolla

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Cupid…So finally some breakthrough as to where all the money goes!

Hotdog…Agreed. We need a nippy CF to ask some questions that our current boys don’t, Campbell seems perfect for that. I hope he gets around 20 minutes, 5-10 can be hard to really get much of a chance.

At work? I’m sounding it out, but no, doesn’t ring any bells – should I be familiar with it?

• hotdog

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Ibiza – Nah its overrated 🙂

Vuckic Gosling Marveaux Sammi Ferguson. They all get a mention on here and although the first team are struggling can you hand on heart say any of them should be automatically given a first team shirt.

Fergy might have done enough to edge Guti out after his cameo’s but he needs a good 90mins on Thurs

• JAMSHA

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Newcastle VS Bordeaux Live On Tensports India 12.30 Am .. cheers

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Hotdog….Just googled it…what a horrific idea. Who came up with it and why do people do it? Madness.

On the young players. I suppose you’re saying if we had more establish starters within the squad would these players get a look in or perhaps more to the point would they be deemed good enough to do so, another way of looking at it is, are we making do because we have to?

Personally, I love seeing young players coming through in to the first team. There are some games where they’re really not quite ready, so it would seem that we are gambling somewhat. I do think at their age they are capable, but are still short of dislodging any normal starters for now.

Unless the season turns out to be one big disaster, always an option for the toon, I would think the experience a lot of them will have had will leave the club in a great position. I have faith.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I try to temper my enthusiasm for young players cos so few make to the very highest level, but i’d love to see this kid make it, because he both creates and scores goals, he’s a local lad and he’s fast. Even Beardsley didn’t have all that and pace, he’d be idolized.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Hi lads 😉

about Vuckic and his lack of pace (and Strolla has a lot I know ;)) lol…seriously just put in a position where oace is not the most important attribute or put him next to a pacy striker 😀

…I have always thought he was great in a three men midfield (4-3-3) But that is just me having an opinion again 😀 lol

• hotdog

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

jaw – Sir Peter had everyhting my friend.

Ibiza – Yip the experience will be good but we need to introduce them when things are going well as was seen with Ossie’s boys. Although Clarkie, Elliott & Watson eventually showed they were good players they struggled to cope with that relegation pressure!

Ive just googled “Lunch” now there is an idea 🙂

• Kebabacus

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Our attacking play has been so flat recently it can’t hurt to chuck the young’un on for 30 mins. I completely agree with Hotdog, we haven’t had scary pace for a long time.

Bordeaux shouldn’t be underestimated, they are flying atm. Have a look at this from earlier this season, the first two goals are frickin good:

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM

*oace = pace 😀 (silly tablet and your lack of spell check)

• hotdog

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

jesper – Good point i was going to say pace is needed in the modern game then Van Persie popped in my head so i didnt say it – oh i did, oh well you get what i mean haha

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Jesper…We’ve warned you about opinions. Let’s not go over it again.

Hotdog….There’s an idea. It is always better to break them in slowly and without so much pressure. Oh well, luxury of choice, wouldn’t that be nice 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Hotdog…excatly 😀

…Vuckic is just another player with a lack of confidence, but we do need to raise his bottom level (can you say that about football in English?)

Ibiza…I know I know…you don’t have to say more! I got it! Ite won’t happen again…I promise – honestly, I do. I swear 😀

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Hotdog, Beardley is incomparable, my apologies, but did he have real pace, I know he had change of pace, but genuine pace, I don’t remember that. Regardless, he certainly didn’t need it if he lacked it, so point taken.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Unfortunately I’m going to be on a train tomorrow night when the game is on,do you’se think that the train wi-fi will be strong enough to access one of them streams that people post on here.
    Responses appreciated.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Jesper…Are we suggesting plastic surgery to help Vuckic? Not sure I see how a higher bum will help, but I’m no expert.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

About lunch; I had a meatball sandwish – it was not a good idea 😀 lol

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

*sandwich

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Ibiza…I knew when I wrote that it would be misinterpreted ;D lol

…how to you say it in English (if you get my drift ;D)

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Jail…Sorry mate, not a clue. A good site for links is: http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

Jesper….I’m actually not 100% what you meant. Needs to raise his basic game?

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ibiza…that was excatly what I meant 😀

…in Danish you have the word “bottom level” which is what you basically have to raise. Meaning the distance between your top level of performance and your bottom level of performance gets shorter.

• wynsleap

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Ed – you can’t really compare us to Manure and Chelsea when it comes to putting out a senior squad in European games.
    Unfortunately Pardew has no choice but to call up the young ones as unlike those two clubs he doesn’t have two top quality first elevens or, indeed, enough players.
    Mind you if we had spent some more money in the last window it would have helped but there again…..
    Having said all that, it is a good chance for the likes of Ferguson, Campbell and Sammi to push their claims for a place on the first team bench at least.
    Still not convinced about Vuckic though.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

*and in this case the word would probably be smaller? (…now I am just confused :D) lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Jesper…Welcome to my world. An existence of constant confusion. Embrace it.

I’m glad I successfully understood you. Now stop speaking gibberish 😉

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I know Manure is Utd, but which one is Man Shite, is that also Utd, charming I know, but I like the term, but can’t use it with confidence.

• hotdog

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM

jaw – You have me thinking and yes I think he did. When he scampered after his man he invariably caught him and when he went in on goal he couldnt be caught. Not scary pace but defo quick enough in his era!

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Ibiza…do you use your English often in your line of work or is it mostly Spanish?

…I don’t use my English like I used to. When I lived in ‘the land of constant grey sky and rain’ I remember there were times when I thought in English (I even answered in phone in English when they called from back home) 😀 talk about confusion…lol

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Jesper….I mostly speak in English. Some bits here and there have been replaced with Spanish out of habit. It’s odd when you can’t remember the word for something in your native language. My Spanish is nowhere near good enough though.

Jawball @33…Sorry, what are you trying to say there, not following.

• ppb

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

@jaw man shitty. take one guess

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Jewball…Man Shite should be Citeh if you ask me (just so we’re clear this is by no means an opinion :D) lol

• ppb

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

i speak a lot of Klingon in my line of work in the Starfleet.

• hotdog