Good News On The Newcastle Injury Front

Newcastle will get one of their top defenders back soon, and the news is that right full-back Danny Simpson is available to play on Thursday night against Bordeaux, after finally recovering from the hamstring strain he picked up at against Atromitos in the Europa League qualifying round in late August.

Danny Simpson – in action is his last game against Atromitos

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was talking about Danny in his press conference today, and he had this to say about the former Manchester United defender:

“Danny’s available, and I think we’ve missed him to be honest.” I think, defensively, we’re at our max – I’ve not got the options I would like.”

But it looks like Fab Coloccini will not be risked on Thursday night, although the Newcastle captain may be able to start against Manchester United on Sunday afternoon at St. James’ Park.

And it appears that Steven Taylor will be out for both the upcoming important matches, and will be given a chance to fully recover from his hamstring strain he picked up last Sunday at Reading, to be able to face Sunderland two weeks on Sunday at the Stadium Of Light.

And goalkeeper Tim Krul is still recovering from the elbow injury he picked up while on international duty with the Netherlands squad last month, and it looks like Tim will be ready to return to action after the International break.

Slowly but surely it seems that some of our top players are beginning to come back, with Yohan Cabaye fit again after his dental problems, that kept him out of the team for Sunday’s game at Reading.

Hopefully things are starting to  look up a little for Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Watching Derek get made into a canoe of a ferocious tribe of Papua headhunters before being made into a lifeboat is too good for Ashley.

• IITianToon

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Nice one JFA..

This team might line up tomorrow:
    Elliott
    Simmo–Willo–Perch–Santon
    Bigi– Anita
    Obertan–Ben Arfa– Ferguson
    Cisse
    Subs: Harps,Tav,Gosling,Marv,Amal,Sammy,Shola
    Resting Ba, Cabaye and Tiote for Manu Game. I have a funny feeling Shola might start alongside Ba in that one like last years 3-0.

• 89Norcal

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM

There’s been quite a few people who underestimated Simmo’s contribution to our team, we’ve really missed him in our defense.

• gonufc (up and Hatem)

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Not got the options you’d like Pardew? Ermm…… Debuchy?…. Just sayin’…

• cupiddstunt

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Well done go,

the comment that brought it all to a halt 😉

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM

gonufc

You can’t really blame Pardew for the lack of transfers like. For all we know Debuchy was his number one target but Mike & Derek could not get the deal done. Shame, Debuchy and Ben Arfa down the right hand side would have been awesome.

• bambams

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

just hope we do not pick up any more injuries over next couple of games, the mackems game to me is more important than our next two. IMO

• gonufc (up and Hatem)

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Naa I know, just that he is the one who’s ultimately responsible- if he wanted him that much surely he would’ve made a point of it.

• bambams

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I only say this because I can’t see us finishing higher than manure and we need to take three points off the mackems, I would love to win the next three games obviously but just love to beat them lot. I am rambling so will stop now 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Just had a horrible thought there reading about the international break,well we know that if the deal with Virgin money is cancelled there must be a new deal in place and looking at recent history they wait until an international break before announcing any bad news,I wonder what its going to be this time in the run up to the Christmas sales.
    To quote :
    ” you don’t know ‘ow fu*!ing ‘orrible we can be ”

• ppb

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM

@jfa pukka pies

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Cupid & Toonboy…I don’t think any of you are thick 😀 it is probably a case of us foreigner who have to learn a second or third language have to put much more effort into it.

My second language is English and my third language is German. I understand most Swedish and Norwegian as well. (alot of work mate ;D) lol

RP is a young accent in linguistic terms. The phrase Received Pronunciation was coined in 1869 by the linguist, A J Ellis, but it only became a widely used term later used to describe the accent of the social elite. The definition of ‘received’ conveys its original meaning of ‘accepted’ or ‘approved’ – as in ‘received wisdom’. We can trace the origins of RP back to the public schools and universities of nineteenth-century Britain.

Boarding schools such as Eton and Winchester and Universities such as Oxford and Cambridge made it a socially exclusive accent 😀 (now it is just BCC English).

It is how I have learned English, since ‘RP’ or Oxford English is regionally non-specific, and does not contain any clues about one’s geographic background. In other words, they avoid non-standard grammatical constructions and localized vocabulary characteristic regional dialects. (I had to look this up :D) lol

Recent estimates suggest only 2% of the UK population speak it. (so you are excused) 😀

• check the toastie

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Great news Simmo’s back……………………Cant wait…he really is a special player……

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

* …characteristic of regional dialects

• cupiddstunt

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Jesperfuglsang @ # 12

Couple or three threads back I said that very thing although nowhere near as eloquently and accurately put as you have just done.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Jesper
    If thats how you learnt to speak english then you probably speak it better than most of us!!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Wow
    Dortmund fans rocking the etihad stadium c’mon german toons! Damn nice kit they got these lads know class 😉

• cupiddstunt

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Tequilamag @ # 15

I think there is a suspicion of some people actually judging a player by where he comes from and he along with Gabby is seen as a manure cast off.

The lad is a solid defender he may well be not so good as an attacking force but he is definitely a solid defender.

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Cupid, agreed that he is not the best going forward but I think some of the stick he gets is a bit over the top.

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

@cupid/ he better have a god game tomorrow tho or Check will have my life

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Good not God, hes not that amazing

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Cupid…just saw it 😀

TADS…what I meant was the English I have learned is what’s called ‘RP’ or Oxford English.

..and the reason is to avoid non-standard grammatical constructions and so on 🙂 The dialect I have is probably a bit Danish lol

True story, when I lived in London folks (or some) thought I was Irish; they just couldn’t pinpoint my dialect…

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Joe hart and the post and crossbar are the only thing keeping citeh in this game’
    Glad simmo’s back we desperatly need some stabilty restoring to our back 4 because we’ve been shambolic at the back this season with simmo n hopefully colo back we should look a bit more balanced and organised at the back

Any news on when kruls back thought he was only supposed to be out for a couple of games!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Jesper
    I’d actually go with bieng irish better than ppl thinking your from london!!

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Jesper lots of English words and placenames originated from Denmark , those Vikings had a lot to answer. Any tow with a by on the end for example, though I am sure you knew that.
    My mates Danish girlnfriend said she found the NE dialect the easiest to understand as she found many similarities,

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Tads, I read somewhere today he is not back till after international break.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Tequila
    Most of been more serious than thought how come our medical team always seem to get the length of are injuries so wrong??

• beefman13

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

A bloody idiot poster on teamtalk called onlyonesirbob, is saying he has supporrted MA and AP but is finding it much harder to do now beacuse of the way things are going at the club now.

Give me frigan strength, how are things going at the club, not bad at all we have lost once we have big injuries to the core of the team and still have shown spirit to get us through difficult games, i would just love to know what the problem is with this so called supporter of the club and he is supposed to be a positive one at that

He says its all,been a smokescreen our supposed signings so AP, Graham Carr, are just telling straight ace lies.

Thought i would get that of my chest, I FEEL LIKE STROKING THE IDIOTS CHIN!

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Who knows mate, not much info about what the injury is other than its his elbow. I think Harps and Elliot have done ok. especially surprised as to how good Elliot has been but Krul is a cut above.

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Beefman you dont have to go to another site to get that attitude. Plenty on here saying a hell of a lot worse.

• Ian Magpie

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

No suprise that the Dortmund fans are rocking at City! The German Bundesliga fans are 10 times better than the English Premier. Sad but true!!! How times have changed and shows just how crap football support in England has become!!!!

• ppb

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

guys non football – this scares me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

football – how many people have been surprised how well Elliot has done?

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Tequila
    Dont get me wrong harps and elliot have done well just want to see us back to full strength especially at the back we look so paniced at the back most the goals weve conceded this season have been down to plain p1ss poor defending we need that stabilty back

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Ian magpie in all fairness it so quiet in the citeh stadium because the fans are still trying to forget the chelsea chants and learn the citeh ones

• tequilamag

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

tads, agreed mate injuries have really not helped us so far. Hopefully we are getting over that soon. International break will help, if we are back to full strength after that I reckon we will see performances improve.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ppb
    Thats fcuked up!

• ppb

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM

@tads lol.

• Ian Magpie

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

TMDS gotta be said mate! I don’t like saying it and it really sticks in my throat but Here is yet another season where English teams get totally and comprehensively outsang by the opposition! It NEVER use to be like that but shows what the Prem has become. Chelsea in last years Champions League final was embarrassing and Man Utd at home to Shalke was just as bad!!! Just wish we had the same experience as the Bundesliga! Lucky buggars!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Dortmund 1-0!!!!
    Get in i know as an englishman im supposed to back the english teams but i hate citeh manure n chelski!!