Newcastle Linked With Man United Striker

Norwegian agent Jim Solbakken has been in talks with Newcastle United and Alan Pardew, and he has said he has discussed a number of forwards with the Newcastle manager, but wouldn’t say if one of those was Norwegian 22-year-old Jo Inge Berget, who is being linked with a possible Newcastle move in January.

Joshua King – young Manchester United striker – on the move?

But Solbakken is willing to discuss Manchester United youngster Joshua King, a 20 year-old Norwegian striker, who has failed to make a breakthrough into the Manchester United first team, after joining the club four years ago from Norwegian club Vรฅlerenga Fotball (that’s how it’s spelled), his home town club in Oslo.

The Norwegian agent had this to say to VG:

“I have discussed attacking options with Newcastle United. There are many clubs who are interested in Joshua King but he is where he should be.” “He could have joined many clubs during the summer but has got confidence in the Manchester United organisation.”

But there has been news over the last few weeks that Joshua wants to move on from the Red Devils, and he could be made available in January, and it appears that Newcastle are one of the clubs taking a look at the player.

King has spent loan spells at Hull City, Borussia Monchengladbach and Preston North End to get some first team experience, and has played for all the Norwegian Youth sides, and twice for the full side, making his debut in September against Iceland.

Newcastle may be losing Demba Ba in January, so the club will be looking for potential strikers that could come in during January, but we would need somebody more experienced than King, although he could be fueling Newcastle’s interest as one for the future.

We would expect Newcastle to be linked with a number of strikers from now through January, but we have to hope that Demba Ba will sign a new deal and stay on Tyneside, before the end of the year.

• mattyNUFC

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

had just posted that on the last thread. make your guesses

• swemag

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I thought the guy was a defender.
    Either way, I reiterate – Get Ferguson on the pitch. NOW!

• Sav

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Agent and dodgy newspaper BS.
    Get Demba signed up to a decent contract. OK pay him 10k extra per week. At today’s money, he’s worth every penny.

And then can we please cut out this nonsense and sign the defender(s) we have been crying out for before our 2012/13 season goes down in flames?

• AmericanGeordie

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Based on recent experience, I am not interested in Man U’s cast offs. Man U buys all these talented teens, and then after a few years, once Sir Alex has determined that guys like Danny Simpson & Gabriel Obertan will never be good enough to be Red Devil regulars, he sells them. His assessment of those players certainly looks spot on. How will we ever build a team to challenge Man U with Man U rejects?

• 89Norcal

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Another one for the future, maybe. But I’d much rather we get Ba to stay and look for a promising winger

• seetow1

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:45 AM

anybody thinks we could be talking to this agent regarding Mame Biram Diouf and that his other clients are just smokescreens?

• Marty-Toon

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Hes looked very good on the national team and not looked outa place.
    Actually he’s a breath of fresh air for them.

• cyprus

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Another MU deal? Like Butt, Smith, Ober?

• karasu

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM

I just want Newcastle to take Bordeaux seriously and play our senior team against them. Our European campaign has been mediocre and I’d love to see Newcastle win the Europa League.

• terencelim

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Even some of the best ManUtd 1st team player is overated- bunch of diver, referee moaner and PGMO threatener, all educated by great SIR alex ferguson.

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:31 AM

our team style has been a bit annoying lately. Aimless (panic) long balls all the time especially from CB and when our forwards won the ball nobody is there to help or pick up the ball, our midfield and forward miles apart. I’m starting to doubt HBA is the right midfield for us, he should be playing as a striker, he gave no help with defense eventhough he tried to help, he is just bad at defending.
    I hope this is how we will play:
    Santon — Willo —- Perch —- Fergie (considering saylor is injured and we have no good rb atm.)
    Tiote/Jonas ——Cabaye——Anita (all as defensive MF)
    HBA (as free role behind strikers)
    Cisse/Shola — Ba

Actually I prefer Jonas than Tiote, because I’m affraid Tiote is going to get one card too many with his wild challenges.

• cyprus

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Totally agree Karasu!
    We all wanted Europe, here it is, let’s go all out to win this! Btw, hate it when people say ‘we won’t win it anyway so what’s the use’.

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Actually Perch can be a great sweeper/libero, but since he is playing in England he will never be one.

• cyprus

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Good points Santon. I’d play both Jonas and Tiote, as the letter provides the steel we’ve been missing, while the former works hard. rarely loses the ball, wins us most fouls and can be creative. Anita will need to be worked in to the team, he hasn’t set the PL alight, yet. In truth, he hasn’t helped take us to another level, yet (I repeat).
    Up front, Shola as super sub rather than starter. Somehow, those two alpha male bulls up front must learn to PLAY WITH EACH OTHER, it would be great to see them both scoring (e.g. equal scoring bonus if either scores? big fat contracts for both? spend all training hours working on combinations, etc?) We (together with the manchesters) have the two best strikers in the league, AP make this work, that’s why I gave you the 8-year contract! ๐Ÿ™‚

• cyprus

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:49 AM

letter=latter

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Cyprus

I would prefer Perch than Anita as dmf tbh, but we don’t have any other options for CB. Anita needs more playing time, that’s why i hope we play with 3 defensive midfields to give more chance of winning the ball and extra cover for our weak and slow CB. Cabaye can play as deep playmaker role like Pirlo, it’s been done before with old CL winning AC milan side. HBA can play Kaka’s role, with Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo as defensive midfields. I agree with you on Ba and Cisse needs to work as a team.

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM

can’t keep playing with traditional 4-4-2 since we are not equiped with the right tools to do it.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Morning lads! ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t know what kind of relationship Pardew and SAF have, but I think Pardew has learned his lesson.

It is about time Man Utd buy one of our rejects B-) lol

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:14 AM

On a serious note; when agents and clubs talk like that about other club’s players it does sound a bit like tapping up B-) it might be a grey area for some agents (maybe the rules are a bit grey I don’t know)

What do you guys think?

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Morning Jesper.
    Do agents have rules? I’ve never noticed them yet. Have no idea what these two players are like, but I’d rather we didn’t buy any more Man U rejects with no confidence. We”ll end up like 5under1and.
    About the Bordeaux game, we won’t be playing our full senior squad but I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t play 7 or 8 players from it. Bordeaux need to be taken seriously or we will get hammered, these are a very good side.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Morning Wizard ๐Ÿ˜€

In DK you have a two year warranty and I really think we should consider returning Obertan and say he is broken ๐Ÿ˜€ lol

On Bordeaux I couldn’t agree more; I am all for playing our youngsters, but we kan have two completely different teams this season (we are not that great).
    As you say play maybe 3-4 of the youngsters/fringe players and have some on the bench as well ๐Ÿ™‚

For me anyway those who are not first choice have to earn the chance to play not just be given it.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM

* kan = can’t

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Just read on nufcfan, that Pardew sees Cabs as a captain in the making (maybe already next season)

…surely Colo is our captain next season as well my dear Pardew ๐Ÿ˜‰ (maybe vice-captain?)

• Conaldo (The Wizard)

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Haha like the idea of the warranty. Did we keep the receipt?
    Would like to see
    Harper
    Tav perch Willo fergie
    Anita tiote cabaye
    Ben arfa cisse obertan.

Against Bordeaux.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I am just browsing through the newsbin ๐Ÿ™‚

“Sports Direct have launched ‘ Sports Direct News’ – an independent news service that will bring you all the latest, breaking sports news from your favorit sport” ๐Ÿ˜€

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Wizard…I have no idea of what Pardew will do tomorrow, but if he fields anything close to your selection I’ll be happy ๐Ÿ™‚

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM

…I would though like to see Fergy start on the left (talking about earning a start and I think Fergy has)

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Okay, that’s all I got on the football front ๐Ÿ˜€

…anyone else?

• Rotonda heights

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Krul

Anita Saylor Colo Santon

Tiote Bigi / Perch

Cabs

Benny Ba Fergie

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM

According to Pardew, Saylor is definitely out. If Colo is ready it’ll be him and Willo at CB.

I would like to see Anita at CM, but it depends on whether Pardew plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-2 (4-4-1-1).

I am all for a strikeforce of Benny/Ba/Fergy; I would even settle for Benny just behind Ba/Cisse if you play 4-4-1-1.

No Perch at RB please ๐Ÿ˜‰

• SuperShearer

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Apparently Man U looking to sell Hernandez to fund a move for Lewondowski of Dortmund. Would take Hernandez in a heartbeat, something different to what we already have, plus he’s a very natural goal getter, IF you provide chances for him.

• 89Norcal

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:42 AM

@SuperShearer, I would like Chicharito for the right price, but I’m not confident we have the ability to supply him. While he’s improved his individual ability over the last 2 years, he’s not really a great out and out striker.

We’re having enough trouble getting Ba and Cisse a decent ball in. We need someone that can fill that left winger role a little better than Jonas

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:56 AM

89Norcal

It’s not about we need better player on the left. How to create decent chances when we can’t even keep the ball? most of the times we lauch long balls from the back aimlessly. We have to be able to keep the ball first, I keep hearing AP or Carver shouting “keep the ball”. We already have good players, big teams want to buy our players.

• magpie6699

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM

My thoughts on playing Ferguson: definitely start against Bordeaux, we want to frighten them- but against Man U I would start Gutierrez. His covering and ball-holding abilities will be needed. Can’t get these people who keep writing him off. Maybe he had a bad game against Reading but it’s not that long ago he was MOTM or 2nd to HBA in some games. We can bring Fergie on later in the game against a (hopefully) tiring defence if needed.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM

We probably also need to a have a game plan and style that doesn’t envolve crossing the ball since we are not that good at that ๐Ÿ™‚

But as Magpie6699 says, it is probably a little bit too early to start Fergy against Man Utd, but I’ll start him against Bordeaux ๐Ÿ™‚

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Jesper

I agree with you as I said earlier @#11.
    Sorry if I keep comparing with old AC Milan.Our condition right now is similar to AC Milan squad before Ronaldinho joined. Only they were slower and older than our current squad. They have forwards that don’t work together (Inzaghi and Gilardino), but they were great finishers like Cisse and Ba, and Kaka (HBA) was the link. Pirlo (Cabaye) as deep playmaker. Gattuso & Ambrosini (Tiote, Anita, Jonas, Perch) to win the ball and covering defense. but instead Willo, they have Nesta and Khaladze.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Good morning.

I would like the idea of Chicharito joining us, but if it was Man U needing to raise money to buy a player they want, automatically makes me think we’d have to overpay somewhat, which makes it seems highly unlikely. Would be a nice addition to the striking ranks though. Perhaps a matured version of young Adam Campbell?

Jonas shouldn’t be needed tomorrow and agree with everyone (well mostly) than Fergie deserves his start tomorrow. See what the kid can do over 90 minutes. Marveaux needs some decent minutes as well, seems to be missing that little spark he showed us towards the end of last season. I was really excited to have him back for this campaign, but so far he has been slightly underwhelming, must just be a matter of time for things to start to click.

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM

even with our strongest squad, the only good crosser is Fergie.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Santon…So it is all Willo’s fault then? ๐Ÿ™‚

You’re right, we have the majority of a really good team there. Just a couple of players away from having an amazing starting 11 imo (But then I probably am a little biased). However, whilst not a man to take us forward, I do feel players like Willo are extremely valuable to our team and can put in decent performances. I’d be as happy as the rest mind with more competition keeping him further away from as many starts.

• Santon03

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I’m not saying that we will win CL or Europa league just because we adopt play like AC Milan, but I think we will do a lot better than now. Ancelotti didn’t force his players to play which is not their strength, but he create a tactic to maximise their strength.