The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Defender Returns To Action Tonight

9:42 am, Thursday, October 4th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

It looks like Danny Simpson will be back tonight, after finally recovering from his Achilles injury he picked up in the last home game in the Europa League, against Atromitos in late August, a game Newcastle won 1-0 to qualify for the group stages of the competition.

Danny Simpson – likely to start tonight

And Alan Pardew seems clear that he thinks Newcastle have missed the former Manchester United right-back, and he had this to say about the defender yesterday:

“We have missed Danny Simpson if we are honest. There are times that wide player in opposition goes missing when he plays. He goes underestimated and I am looking forward to seeing him back, hopefully today if he gets the nod when I pick the team.”

“Our reward for our great finish last year was this competition, we didn’t win a trophy last season but we had the reward of Europa League and we want do well in it. The players are focused on achieving success – therefore tomorrow is an important game and it will be treated as such.”

“I think us managers tend to steer away from calling them stronger or weaker teams. The squad has obviously got to be used this season – we’ve made a lot of comment about that.” “No one analyses our players more than we do, in terms of their performance – physically, mentally and tactically.”

“We need to put a team out that can play and beat Bordeaux and with all due respect to the teams that we’ve played in the Europa League this season, this one needs to be stronger.”

And as we reported yesterday Alan Pardew said that there was not any offer from Tottenham for Yohan Cabaye, although that’s what Yohan had told Canal+ earlier in the week.

But Newcastle obviously wanted to keep a lid on the story and Yohan Cabaye was a not allowed to be asked about the Spurs approach.

That’s kind of interesting – we wonder why that was the case?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

Tags: Danny Simpson · Injuries · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Yohan Cabaye

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 ~Anita One Bites the Dust~ // Oct 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Is it a bird?
    Is it a plane?

No. Its Whey Aye Man!

• 2 outsidethebox // Oct 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

think it will be
    elliott …sure to play
    simpson perch willo santon
    anita
    cabaye gosling gutti
    shola cisse…

• 3 roshan MAGPIE // Oct 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

all Indian nufc supporters match is liveon ten sports and starts at 12-30 am IST

• 4 jeff // Oct 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Best defeneder back is always good news

• 5 Tsunki // Oct 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Jesper PP is indeed Ponderous Pardew.

Cabs was not allowed to talk about something that didn’t happen? Shocking!

• 6 jesperfuglsang // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Tsunki…when was PP on the blog (I miss everything these days :))

…do I not pay enough attention? I am too caught up in my own business :) lol

• 7 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

That’s bad news this morning. The weak link is back. Alan must be a bit silly if he keeps starting him. I’d put Santon on the right and Gutierrez on the left.

What a load of rubbish. Other teams left wingers never go missing when Simpson plays. They beat him and cross the ball which leads to a goal (i.e. Wigan, Fulham, Norwich etc).

• 8 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Just for you Kets

• 9 Carryingcoals // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

tequilamag

Brilliant post, I’m actually sat here laughing at that. Case closed.

• 10 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Kets do you have any other pearls of wisdom you wish to share?

• 11 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My pleasure Carrying.

• 12 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Stats mean nothing. He is visibly the worst right back in the league. He does nothing, but cost us games. Tavernier’s a poor player as well. We should be looking at shipping these out.

• 13 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Poor effort Kets but thanks for trying.

• 14 Raktim Sharma // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Guys do you think Fergie can be groomed as an out and out winger/midfielder in the future? Something in the line of Gareth Bale if you may…in effectiveness if not in speed necessarily…
    Thanks Roshan for the telecast timings.

• 15 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Raktim, indeed I do, looks a very promising player.

• 16 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Do you actually think Simpson was better than players like Walker, Boyce and Bosingwa?

• 17 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Kets mate…That’s 3 players that are better. You claim there to be 19 better in the PL. I don’t think anyone really thinks he is the “best RB in the PL”, but when you say he is the worst, people will use the statistics to show he clearly isn’t the worst as you claim.

Some balance would perhaps help your posts gain more credibility. Crazy I know.

• 18 jesperfuglsang // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Ibiza…don’t come on here at lunchtime spouting your ‘pseudo nonsense’ about credibility ;D

…who do you think you are? lol

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Jesper…..Alan Pardew? And just because I don’t spend all day on here, doesn’t make my input less valid :)

• 20 jesperfuglsang // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Ibiza…true :)

…and what’s up with that by the way? Are you trying to tell me you have a life now?

• 21 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Stas can only tell part of the story. I think Simmo is not the best going forward and nor do I think he is really the best in PL.
    I do think though that as a Newcastle player who gives 100% he does not deserve the stick he gets from some on here. As for Bosingwa yeah I think Simmo is much better.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Jesper….What’s one of those? Sounds time consuming….a life.

Just a busy work morning….just saw Kets’ posts and felt a need to comment – how unusual for me.

Tequila…I’ve yet to see a Newcastle fan claim he is the best in the PL, but imo, a solid enough PL RB. Nothing more, nothing less.

• 23 jesperfuglsang // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Ibiza…talking about ‘time consuming’ stuff and you bring up work ;D the irony is on you mate… lol

…I thought we had lost you to Fifa 13 or some bikini-girl – I almost added you to our ‘Veteran Memorial Wall’ in the previous post or so :D

• 24 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Ae ever Ibiza a calm voice in a crazy world.
    Catch you later lads I am out of here, my pooch has rabbits to chase.

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Tequila…It is when I am considered calm that we must worry. Have a good one.

Jesper…..Well, I’ve been using Fifa13 to get tonights tactics just right – 3 points in the bag! Unfortunately the bikini girls are all starting to leave – looks like I’ll have to work over the winter then

• 26 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

He is the worst though. Any fool can see it. Stearman, Orr and Steinsson were much better than him last season and they now play in the championship.

previous post: Pardew – We Entered The Europa League To Win It