The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ferguson Will Be Pushing Santon For Starting Position

1:05 pm, Friday, October 5th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 262 Comments

Shane Ferguson had a good game against Bordeaux last night, and we think he will be putting pressure on 21 year-old Davide Santon for the left back starting position at the club, if he continues to shine like he has in the last three games for Newcastle.

Alan Pardew - looks like he was happy last night

Shane is second in our poll for Man of the Match behind Gabby Obertan, and he was cool and assured at the back for the Magpies, and he showed once again he put in some great left wing crosses, and this time Cisse was on the end of one, and he put it home in true striker style – all in one movement with his left foot.

Of course Shane is just as comfortable in the left wing spot, and he plays just as well there, and maybe that could be his best position, as he’ll get more opportunity to put those crosses in.

Ferguson said the lads were buzzing after the game, and it was probably Newcastle’s best performance of the season so far, and on a par with how the lads played most of last season.

This is what Shane told the local press today:

“It’s three in three and to be honest I don’t know what’s going on!” “But seriously I’ll just keep working hard in training each day and practising those sort of crosses.”

“I want to keep getting better at getting it in the right place. Papiss just got there at the right time.” “And it makes it so easy when you have Papiss and Shola waiting in there.”

“All of the lads were buzzing after the game because we knew we’d played so well.” “It was fantastic and everybody in the dressing room was buzzing.” “The football we played was fantastic and was a brilliant night to be part of.”

“We knew it was going to be a tough game but we came through with flying colours.” “Bordeaux are a very good side. Hopefully I will be involved again.” “I’d love to get that chance against Man United on Sunday.”

“It would be a dream come true for me and something I have dreamt about from a young age.” “The atmosphere against Bordeaux was brilliant and it will be again on Sunday.” “It was a good experience and now we will look to build on this against Man U.”

“I was talking to the manager before the game.” “It was great that he came last night and that I was able to put in a good performance in front of him.” “It shows him what I have got to offer.”

Three assists in three games is not too bad for any player, but that’s what Shane has done in his last three games, and in two of those games he came on as a substitute.

There’s no doubt that Shane will now be pushing for a starting position somewhere in the Newcastle line-up, and that can be at left back or on the left wing.

The 4 times capped Northern Ireland International should see a lot more playing time from now on,  as he seems to be coming through big time at Newcastle.

That’s got to be good for the club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

Tags: Davide Santon · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Shane Ferguson

262 responses so far ↓

• 1 Munster Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Definitely, but neither are strong defensively. Santon still doesnt get close enough to his man on crosses or wehn balls come into the box. Fergie will play left wing more often i think but they could be very good together.

• 2 rainrix // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He should really take jonas’ place tbh. I do like jonas but he is losing his ability as a winger. I think we’d be much more effective with fergie on LW. Also fergie has played lb so he should know how to defend and track back.

• 3 Munster Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

However the energy down that left side will be hard work for other teams!

• 4 Rotonda heights // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Should be taking Guti’s place. Guti works hard which should be a given, but his final ball more often than not loses possession time after time

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

He would seem better at LW currently. Santon and Fergie down the left could work really well for us.

I expect lots of rotation anyway, it’s fantastic that we have the choice – not many fans thought we’d have many this season (choices that is).

• 6 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Just read the news about jimmy.

Although I only engaged in conversation with him once or twice, I’ve been reading his posts for the best part of a year now.
    It’s strange to think how just words on a computer screen will be genuinely missed by so many people, such is the community of this blog I guess.

I know he’ll be watching the matches from the gallowgate end in the sky.

Ps. If jimmy’s family are still on here, as others have suggested, can you send a short biography and some details to ed, I’m sure everyone would love to read it

Howay the lads.

• 7 Rotonda heights // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

It’s great when a Fergie breaks through. With 3 assists in 3 games he has to be taken seriously now as poor old Guti’s assists record probably doesn’t make great reading

• 8 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Santon and fergie would be great on the left, there both great attacking, but are also both defenders so we would be secure at the back aswell

• 9 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Just thought I’d pop in to say RIP jimmymagpie, we had our battles you and I but you were a die-hard Mag to the end. You will be sorely missed.

Howay the Lad.

• 10 cupiddstunt // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Munster Mag from previous

You may very well be proved right in the long run and time will tell all.

But at the moment they do appear to be making hard work of it and that makes me smile a little. :)

• 11 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I wish people would stop thinking Fergie is a fullback. He is poor defensively, lightweight and not a very hopd header of the ball either. He should take Gutierrez’s place on the left wing

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Big Pappa…That’s how it looks from here to. Seems to lightweight to be back there. I know small FB’s can work, but something doesn’t seem right there, he seems to struggle with the back line defending business, may just be getting used to the PL / EL standard though. Has anyone seen him for the reserves at FB?

@9…..Real or fake Ruddy, anyone know?

• 13 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Real ruddy

• 14 bills-son // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

RIP Jimmy, a legend on the blog.

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Real ruddy & beattie25
    Good on ya lads for popping on to pay your respects for jimmy hope you both start posting again soon!

Fergie shouldnt be pushing santon because the lad is not a full back he’s to lightwieght
    Lw yes lb no

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Wizard and tads….Thanks :)

Ruddy…Hope last night gave you a good re-charge of optimism.

• 17 check the toastie // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Dont agree think Fergyu can play fullback, laenty of great full backs are small, Lahm, Cole, Baines, even Kenny Sansom, its about movement and ability not size.

Fergy is competitive its not like he’s Marveuax or someone who cringes at the thought of physical contact.

• 18 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Ibizzle
    For what??

• 19 toonLYF // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

very sad news about Jimmymagpie – RIP.

I met some Bordeaux fans after the game last night as i got stranded in Pelaw so i shared a taxi with them. Great to have an insight of what French football fans think of Newcastle etc… They loved St James Park and are staying to watch the Man Utd game. They expected a closer game with what they admitted to be 9 out of 11 of their first team starting last night, but went on to say we just had that extra bit of quality everywhere, and that due to our power we would be a force to be reckoned with in Ligue 1. Made me smile :P

Fantastic bunch of fans, and all 200 of them were LOUD last night, louder than the gallowgate for the majority. Though they weren’t too fond of the fact i supported Toulouse as my French club. (Bitter rivals with Bordeaux) ;)

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Check
    Marvs not a lb tho!!
    Dont see where the benefit is in dropping santon one of are most exciting youngsters why not just play the lad lw

• 21 steveno7 // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I think fergy playin in front of santon would be better .
    I dont think hes physically srong enough at lb yet .

• 22 numba9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Play both

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

tads..Just being wonderful :) – No, acknowledging it was real ruddy. I realise now this was not at all in response to my question, but thanks anyway.

Check….I’m basing my opinion on very little. Whilst he seems up to a tackle, he doesn’t seem very assured. Possibly something that comes with practice. I think for a small FB, positioning and timing is key. Things that can certainly be worked on. Who would you prefer LW then if Fergie is at LB?

• 24 check the toastie // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Not saying drop Santon, never would, but would defo consider playing Santon RB and maybe fergy LB,

Currently though would play Anita RB Santon LB and Fergy LW, agreed that he would be better there currently. Jonas cannot and should not play Left wing again, contributes nothing but effort.

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM

But Check….Where would you’re superstar player fit in? I am intrigued to see Santon at RB tbh. Can’t remember seeing him there and a fair few have been calling for it for a while. Have you seen him play there or is it based on him being right footed, so assume he could cross some in from the right?

• 26 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

RIP jimmymagpie

true contributer to the blog, always gave his opinion no-matter what people thought of it.

thoughts go out to his family, thanks for letting us know

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Ibiza
    Its easy we all know the soothing words of real ruddy!!!

Check agree jonas is not really a LW anymore he looks far more assured in his new CM role

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Tads…I’m just never sure though, unless they’re several paragraphs long.

Talking of Ruddys….fake Ruddy, isn’t it time to return to your own name now (or one of them at least)? We’ve lost a decent blogger today, controversial at times, but isn’t that what makes it interesting? You may have had some problem with Ruddy, but surely you’re best off dealing with it properly, via discussion, or just moving on?

• 29 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Fergie and Jonas down the left could be really good with Fergies crossing ability and Jonas work rate and ability to cut inside.

With that having Santon down the right with his ability to cross and get forward and HBA ability to cut in off the right.

That would definitely keep the oppositions defence thinking…..

• 30 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Dont want to sound harsh here lads and generally if true i would love to see a biography piece wrote about Jimmy but 95% of these posts on blogs tend to be a hoax for two reason:

1) usually somebody has hacked the account or they make a name similar to the poster which is hard to spot
    2) They have taken enough stick and decide in their sad mind to end that account and check what reaction the death gets on the blog and starts posting as another name.

I am really sceptical about the passing of jimmymagie as lets be honest what man’s dying wish is to inform a blog full of people you dont know and some heavily criticizing his posts that he died. Also the family would be in bits and it would be the last thing on their mind to do.

If i am wrong i am sorry and again would love to see a bio piece on the man.

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ibiza
    Well said there are a couple on here who hold grudges far too long for, lets be honest, no real reason!
    Come home ketsy all is forgiven! ;)

• 32 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

on Fergy for me i dont see him as a LB would much rather him focus on being a keith gillespie type of winger in that he just gets to the byline and whips in quality balls all day long

• 33 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I have to disagree with anyone who says Jonas in CM, I think he panics and loses the ball too much. He also doesn’t have the passing ability to play the final ball or the footballing nouce to get in the right position. Wing or Wing Back he is best, only time before he moves back into defence I think.

Cab, Tiote, Anita, Bigi, Pearch, Vuckic and even HBA in CM would are better I believe.
    He is an inspirational player to have on the pitch though in terms of his passion and work rate.

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

tads….What is said on the blog shouldn’t be taken to heart perhaps as much as it is. But hey, we’re all passionate about the toon, for some mad reason, so I suppose it’s expected that occasionally some may go over the top. At the end of the day, we all come here to share ideas and opinions and it should be mostly enjoyed.

• 35 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Nufc83
    Very sceptical view there lad! Dont think 1) would be an option jimmywas a constant reader and would of said something by now also on the mobile version everyone has a little unique picture (sorry ibizzle tis how i really know the real ruddy!)
    And option 2) well you’d have to be a very sick individual imho

• 36 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

newcben i dont agree at all i think Cm in games where we expect to be under pressure Guti can be a real asset with his tireless running and hassling of the opposition and his ability to hold the ball and win free kicks when under pressure.

I dont see him having much influence in an attacking sense anymore

• 37 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Newcben
    I have to disagree with anyone who disagree’s about jonas in CM ;)
    He plays a CDM role for us his hold up play is fantastic rivaled in our squad only by shola he can easily keep the ball with 2-3 players on him his short range passing is great he can get past players and dont think his positioning has ever been questioned

• 38 Ashton // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hopefully we start playing 433 from now on. Obertan playing so well has to do with his new position. No one has mentioned it yet but Obertan played on the left for the first time for us and he looked much more confident and effective. Playing on the left gives him more options and space unlike playing on the right. So he should be utilized there from now on.

Cabaye was much more effective in the 433 last night and played brilliantly. by far his best game for us this season.

And for the first time this season I feel like we played well and deserved the win.

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

newcben….Disagree personally, he never looks composed enough for me at FB. I think he does ok in CM, obviously not better than Tiote, Cabs and I would imagine soon enough, Anita. As for the younger ones, playing Guti there is perhaps getting in the way of their development, but he does offer a huge plus to the team, perhaps when the team is firing we wont be so reliant on his hard graft and defensive duties. Shame though, but based on skill and pace, etc, he seems to be edging further away from the best starting 11.

LYF…..Was the atmosphere not very good then last night? Very odd for 200 odd to make more noise than the Geordies.

• 40 Ashton // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Oh and why is everyone nuthugging Fergie all of a sudden?? He played well but Obertan played better. Everyone is putting Fergie as a lw on their starting line-up but Obertan played better and is more effective. Obertan should get the nod over Fergie on the left wing.

• 41 pbNcl // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Rest In Peace Jimmy

Very sad, my thoughts go out to his family

A miss for the blog : (

• 42 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Ashton errrrr 3 in 1 start 2 sub appearances may be a reason.

• 43 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Ryan Taylor @TaylorR1984
    First gentle cycle today, thats 3 weeks post op. knee feels great too, the journey back has begun #ICanSeeTheLight

Good news lad long way to go yet mind

• 44 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Ashton…..Fergie has made a decent impact over three games, so clearly deserves some credit. Not to take away from Obertan’s performance last night though. I think most fans are going to see it more than once and until then will remain skeptical to some extent. Maybe Santon RB, Fergie LB and Obertan LW?

Not sure if Fergie is ready to face Man U at LB mind. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him be on the bench on Sunday tbh.

• 45 toonLYF // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Ibiza – it wasn’t so much a noisey atmosphere like an EPL game, but there was definitely that scent of the European night in the air, which created a good atmosphere in itself. I was sitting in the Sir John Hall, complete opposite to my season ticket seat, so maybe that influenced how loud the Bordeaux fans were. It also meant i got to see Obertan skip away from his man and whip that ball in for Shola extremely close up… To which i shouted “Zinedine who?” haha :P

• 46 Ashton // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Nufc-83

Based on Obertan’s performance last night he would be more effective for the team to play on the left than Fergie.

• 47 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I challenge anyone to watch this and not want to punch nile ranger in the face!! What a tw@ do we pay him not to turn up now?

• 48 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Ibiza – I was down in strawberry corner, and the atmosphere was pretty damn good, although the atmosphere where I normally sit is non- existent so it might have just seemed better. Seriously where I sit the people don’t even clap when the players come out. I feel like and idiot when I stand up and cheer lol :)

• 49 Ashton // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Ibizatoon

I don’t think Pardew will drop Simpson because he rates him very highly, and he won’t make so many changes at the back for the Manu game. Fergie is very good but Obertan gives us another dimension on the left.

• 50 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

So, ideas for Sunday then (said I wouldn’t do it until I knew more about injuries, but I will just assume those we don’t know about yet wont be fit).

—————-Harper—————
    Simmo—Willo—Perch—–Santon
    Arfa——-Tiote—–Cabaye—-Guti
    —————Cisse—Ba————–

Is what I expect Pardew to do, maybe he’ll try 4-3-3 with the same players with a front three Arfa-Ba-Cisse.

Fergie and Obertan definitely making the bench.

• 51 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

LYF…..It wasn’t very full, was it? Would have thought at those prices many more would turn out, times are hard mind.

That control and whole move was really well executed, the guy certainly has something. Really hope he can do it more often.

Conaldo…..They don’t clap? What do they do? Silent the whole game? How very odd.

• 52 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Conaldo
    Im only speculating but were you in the away end by mistake?

• 53 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Ibiza – just sit there, talk, occasionally clap when we score or get a corner. :)

Tads- I wondered why I couldn’t understand them, I thought they were drunk.
    Drunk Geordie, French very similar language

• 54 Les Grossman // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Davybtoon
    and I quote
    “Les obertan was class tracked back tackled brilliant goin forward fans like u make me sick they have it in for the lad n refuse to give any credit”

Even though I praised Oba, only said i dont think he done enough, preferring Cabaye!

Later that same thread

Davybtoon
    And I quote

“When was the last time jonas played like obertan did last night not for long time n his place in the team has to questioned ”

Are YOU the most hypocritical blogger on here os do you just talk utter S*** for the sake of it?

PS Jonas way way way before Oba, anyday.

• 55 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Haha that’s like saying Ferguson will be pushing to replace Demba Ba. Ferguson is a left winger and should be challenging Marveaux and Gutierrez for a place. He is our fourth best left winger behing Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Gutierrez.

• 56 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Conaldo….Sounds dead exciting. You need to get them sorted out.

• 57 dave 1961 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I noticed a bit of advertising for a company called sport2000 last night and a candidate for a sponsorship?

• 58 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

@ Ibiza

I think you have the line up pretty much spot on with what Pardew will pick however I think he might start Ameobi with Ba considering what they did to Manure last season. I reckon Shola will be good for about an hour and then bring on Cisse

• 59 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

If Simpson, Williamson and Perch play against Man U, we’ll get thumped and concede at least 3 goals.

• 60 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Ibiza – it’s dead exciting :) when I get a little bit more cash I think I’ll shift down to the gallowgate. Be a few seasons yet like.

• 61 Brutooon // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ferguson is a replacement for Jonas and NOT SANTON !!

It is like saying ben arfa is playing well on the right hand WINGER now in push his place at RIGHT BACK !!!

• 62 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Les
    Where do you stand on jonas’s best position? The lad seems to be in a bit of a transitional phase for us where do you see?
    Have you been impressed with him in CM (think he’s looked cracking there) LW still or lb/rb?

• 63 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Big Pappa….Quite possible mate. They did give them a good seeing to last season after all. Fergie and Cisse on in second half to combine once again?

• 64 Slank // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Ibizatoon @ 50

I don’t see Cisse as the partner for Ba. I think Pardew will play Shola between our midfield and Ba who would be the sole striker. The ManU defence are a bit fragile and can be bullied.

I would like to see Fergie on the wing with Santon behind but I think Pardew will stick with Jonas. Fergie delivers great balls that neither Santon or Jonas can do.

I would go with:

—————-Harper—————
    Simmo—Willo—Perch—–Santon
    Arfa——-Tiote—–Cabaye—Fergie
    —————Shola—————
    —————Ba————–

• 65 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Kets
    I take it back all is not forgiven you said the same last night and simmo and wilo were great we won 3-0 ffs! As i asked you lady night why do you bother support us? You seem to want to see us doing badly

• 66 chanty // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I don’t personally have anything against Simpson but I have been a bit frustrated with the balance of the side this season, perhaps Ferguson could help as he is in good form. Switch Santon to RB put Fergie at LB then we have a good mix on each wing if Guti or Oba play on the left

• 67 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Ketsbia

Why don’t you do us all a favour and throw your laptop off the Tyne bridge will you. We kept a clean sheet against a team unbeaten in 16 with those players in the team didn’t we ? . If you arent a troll I think you should seek medical assistance :)

• 68 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Slank
    Imho opinion manures defence is s liabilty!!
    Ferdinand and evans look so shaky its untrue that romanian team were ripping them to pieces!

• 69 Les Grossman // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

TADS
    I think that if youyplayed Jonas in goal hed give 100% for the team. He has always been that player since we signed him and making him the vice captain was a reward he deserved greatly.

I think Jonas looks good on the left or in the middle, I think we look dangerous when him and HBA float all over the place.

Is there anybody better at the club at holding the ball up? Tiote maybe but sometimes i have palpatations when the beast does his little pirouhettes just outside the box. Jonas moves with the ball to ensure its way out of the danger areas

So hard one, as i think he is equally as adept on left as middle. Just wish his final ball was better!!

A la Oberton…..Q Abuse

• 70 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Slank….I could live with that formation. I think we all know what Pardew will likely do though, with the possible exception of Shola for Cisse.

• 71 BmoreToonFan // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I don’t post too often but I thought I’d pay my respects to a great contributor to this blog.

RIP Jimmy, you will be missed.

HWTL

• 72 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

@ Ibiza

Sounds like a plan. Dont say anymore though, Alex Ferguson could be on the blog trying to find out our tactics :) . Also does anyone know the statistics for consecutive assists for a NUFC player ? . Because Fergie has a shot at 4 assists in 4 games if he gets a chance against Manure

• 73 toonLYF // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Ibiza – 32k i think, pretty much everywhere was full other than level 7 which wasn’t opened, and the upper Gallowgate was fairly empty. East stand packed as always.

• 74 Les Grossman // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

For the record, I think Ferguson is a left winger, Gutti a left sided midfielder and Marveaux a transfer list candidate.

I think the fact that he (Marv) showed no interest in the Cap1 Cup last week, was basically because he wants to play in the first team and he is not going to get it here!

• 75 rainrix // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Sorry guys we’re going to lose. Damn pundits have realised writing us off actually makes us win games. Now that they’ve realised that they’re backing us in a vain attempt to make us lose. Conspiracy i tell you!

• 76 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Les grossman the problem is i dont see a huge benefit in a lm being good at holding the ball up. He offers nothing going forward anymore and so imo Jonas should only play Cm in games we are going to be under the cosh and play a defensive role alongside tiote. LM needs to be able to run at the fb and get decent quality into the box both of which jonas now seems incapable to do.

• 77 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Bordeaux were poor. They didn’t have 1 shot on target. I thought Simpson and Williamson had poor games. Gosling didn’t even touch the ball. Our defensive record this season will be dreadful.

• 78 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

LG
    Very true he’s a top pro at the club i said earlier his hold up could possibly only be rivaled by sholas and is almost wasted on the wing as he sometimes battles and battles with little option to play it off to
    On his final ball, i agree sometimes frustrating but i also think ppl saying oh fegies got 3 in 3 jonas has none this season is harsh the lad has put some great balls in this season and there only assitts if the CF’s are finishing and cisse has only just started this season!

But yeah premature calls to drop jonas and also unfair expectations on fergie dont think he should be starting just yet mainly because of the pressure we put on our youngsters! Look at what happened when poor bigi started the other day ppl were slating the lad!

• 79 rainrix // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Kets.. gosling did touch the ball.

Your argument is invalid

• 80 totsy // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Wish we’d try Santon at right back and Fergie at left back. Team for Manu:
    ————-Harper————
    Santon—Willo—Collo—Fergie
    Arfa—Cabaye—Tiote—Obertan
    ——-Ba——–Cisse——

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Kets
    Borduex were poor because we suffocated them simmo had a good game and wilo and perchinio were solid did you catch a wilo hoof to the side of the head by any chance?
    And do you think you could atleast debate your opinions in future instead of spouting shite?

• 82 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

TDS- Only idiots would have slated Bigi tbf and i cant remember Jonas creating any chances this season where i thought that should have been a cert goal.

• 83 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM

TDS #47 Goons eh!

Kets – Anyhting make you ahppy in life fella

Right lots of posts today about who should be in against Man u, great. That means there is pressure coming on the satrting 11 right. Jonas needs a good game soon as he has been below par. Having said this you have to commend Pardews loyalty, players know where they stand. If Joans does get dropped he will find it hard to get back in as that is how our manager works. The right waty to go about things in my book.

NUFC-83 – I agree with your views on Jimmy Magpie, apologies to all if im wrong also! Including you up there Jimmy ;-)

• 84 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

He planted a beauty infront of cisse a couple of weeks back but no one remembers the nearly goals!!!

• 85 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Kets- yes Bordeaux we’re quite poor, but the certainly had more than one shot on target, Elliot and harper did very well. Simpson played excellently as did Williamson, and as someone said, gosling did touch the ball.

As suggested, if your life really is that miserable, either jump off the Tyne bridge, or get psychiatric help. If not, then go support Chelsea or Man U, we don’t want you here and obviously you don’t want to support the toon either. The very fact that you rarely ever respond to other poster trying to engage in debate with you shows you are here trolling.
    If you are not a troll, I urge you to provide evidence defending your claims, rather than just stating utter tripe.

• 86 Slank // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Ketsbaia9 @ 76

Correction ‘Bordeaux were made to look poor’ by a very good performance from our lads.

Bordeaux are a good team.

• 87 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Team against Man Utd:

Krul

Santon Perch Coloccini Gutierrez

Anita

Ben Arfa Marveaux Obertan

Ba Cisse

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Hotdog
    I hope im not the only one hoping one of the nieghbours ran out and slipped his dopey face!

• 89 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Kets
    Of course we will lose 3-0 if thats the team you wanna play!

• 90 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

We didn’t play well at all yesterday and was extremely lucky to win the game. Check the statistics. Did you see the amount of shots and corners that Bordeaux had?

We will get found out soon. Against teams like Wigan etc, Simpson, Williamson and Gosling will be made to look stupid.

If I was the manager, I wouldn’t even have Simpson in the first team squad. He has refused to sign a new contract. That’s means he isn’t committed to the club.

• 91 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

sorry, as much as I love Guti, him even being one of my fav players for a number of years, that one thing he had, that ability to wrangle away from three players on the side of the pitch and some how still have the ball, he’s lost that. It’s really sad to see a player regress from season to season but from the beginning of last year to this point, now, the change has been phenomenal. I trust he’ll always give 100%, but so would I if given the chance. doesn’t mean i could cut, and it doesn’t mean even if he’s running his socks off that he’s the same player from last year or two years ago. Impact sub to close out games is the best way to utilize him now IMO

on jimmymagpie, sad news. how’d the blog catch wind out of curiosity?

• 92 rainrix // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Matty: Someone was on jimmys account a few topics back and posted the news

• 93 rainrix // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

It was his nephew actually sorry

• 94 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

@89 I disagree, I thought we looked a lot more solid on our right with Simpson.

We played a good team last night, even with a poor performance, they were always going to keep the ball well and have some good efforts.

We did seem to get the rub of the green to be honest but it was a comfortable win against a decent side. After the third goal, the foot came off the pedal.

• 95 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM

We can play Obertan at right back and Ferguson at left back with Anita and Cabaye as centre backs.

• 96 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

TDS – Id be reving my engine :-)

MATTY – The trouble with Guti is that he gets lost in the final third, he runs up and you can see him thinking “Whats do i do now” Take Fergy last night as soon as he recieved the ball he took a touch and whipped it in. It comes natural to him as he is left footed and a supa left foot at that!

• 97 JAMSHA // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

PhysioRoom.com Ltd
    @physioroom 4m
    #StevenTaylor (calf) faces a late
    fitness test but looks to be losing
    the battle to face #MUFC
    #Newcastle

• 98 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Ketsy
    Dont forget abied in goal and of course pards should sacked if he doesnt drop ba and cisse for xisco and ranger

• 99 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM

sorry if it has been discussed but i havnt been on here all week

anyone read about the shirt sponsorship with virgin being ended (end of the season surely?)

possible bigger money deal?? who with??

also mentioned that sunderland are getting 20 million a season from theres??!!!!!!

surely were missing a trick if jokerland can secure that kind of money

thoughts?

• 100 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Kets you told me yesterday stats mean nothing.

Sad to hear about Jimmy, puts the blog into perspective, its only about opinions no need to hate on each other.

• 101 Munster Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Les gross, I tend to agree re Marveaux. I hope he come sthrough, but it looks like Liverpool benefitted and we made an error.

• 102 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

no question, there is a big shirt deal in the works and it will involve a lot of money

• 103 cupiddstunt // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Ketsbaia9 @ # 59

I accept that if you state this enough you will one day be right (notwithstanding the players mentioned still being with us when it happens)

The big question is how many times are you going to show yourself as a rancid moron before you stop hoping for disaster? ;)

• 104 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

102 I am coming to the conclusion that he is not a serious poster. Just an attention seeker.

• 105 toonLYF // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

where does that Physio room website get it’s information from? If it ain’t directly linked to officials i doubt it’s validity.

• 106 lukes26 // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I can say without a doubt that Ferguson is a far better defender than Enrique ever was. Enrique was and is very gaffe-ridden.

Fergie wouldn’t be a first choice LB playing against Stoke-like opposition, but otherwise he’s a very Simpson-like defender…he gets on you like a terrier.

• 107 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Tequila
    You misunderstood mate stats mean nothing when YOU check them!

• 108 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Ghead Mag – yeah we did the sponsorship thing to death, we had qatar auirways, JJB reborn, EE (formerly Orange) and a host of other supermarkets, betting companies etc. Sunderlands sponsors are indeed paying them at least that amount – I can only surmise that to cut the Virgin lot loose early we must be in line for more than £10m or whatever it is we got off them. Time will tell.

Mr Ketsbaia9 – Your Panninical obsessions are really starting to grind gears on the blog now. OK you dont like certain payers, but you know what, they are the personnel we have so live with it and support until the next transfer window or shut the front door, mate. And you are basically cast adrift from reality plugging players who we cant get, or are clearly not up to the standard required. And I cant remember when you last predicted a draw never mind a win, so wherein lies your purpose? Your existence serves merely to discombobulate this community. Time yoof eck toff. :(

• 109 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

tads. Ah now it makes sense.
    Kets please continue predicting we will get beat with Simmo and Willo in the team, and I will continue betting we win and clean up at the bookies.

• 110 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

shame because the virgin money logo looks nice on the top

20 million a year from pukka pies anyone??

• 111 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I would add 107, a lot of people who focus on individual players lose sight that this is a team game.

No doubt, we have had players over the years that did not deserve to put on the shirt and get paid but right now (with the exception of the likes of Ranger), all these lads try pretty hard and although they are not galacticos, they more often than not do a decent job and put the effort in.

Having 11 outstanding players in every position is not necessarily a recipe for success.

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Tsunki
    Grind my gears? Im calling you peter griffin from now on!
    But yeah agree with everything there dont understand why you bother to follow a team you seem to detest?
    There are alot of fans on here some “positive” some “negative” but atleast they back up there opinions

• 113 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM

G-Mag – I think Greggs was a no.1 pick! It would be like a la carte if we had their pies and pasties instead of those ruddy awful balti pies and the volcanic mince ones with the tinge of plastic. Right, brace myself for balti/mince pie lovers…..

• 114 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

tads thats my inspiration! I thought it might work seeing as this is a USA – centred blog, or should I say centered?

• 115 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

tsunki

aaaaah man you cant beat a heartburn…..i mean balti pie

20 million a year plus discount in store if your wearing a toon top, i could live with that!

• 116 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM

look its just that if ketsy explained his reasons for not liking them, then outlined his future vision for remedying their failures, and most importantly, left it at that and moved on to other observations it wouldnt be so damn irritating. Plus he constantly predicts we lose and loves to come on here and tell everyone he was right when we do. Why do we have to suffer this moron? I’ll tell you why – its because we love being wound up tight and calling him a cretin and other rude things, and he loves getting it too.

Urgh. Bad mental image there….

• 117 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

They probably wont do greggs in SJP. You could do some damage with one of their cheese scones.

• 118 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

look lads im sure kets does it with a smile on his face, WUM of the highest degree

theres no way anyone seriously has the opinions that he puts across, hes either laughing at every one that bites or busy trying to lick his elbow

• 119 jesperfuglsang // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I just thought I would come on a pay my respect to jimmymagpie!

I am still a little bit in shock and very saden by the news.

RIP jimmymagpie, you will be missed. My condolence to his family and friend. To your nephew, I hope you log back in to read all the nice words people have left for jimmy and his family.

• 120 Burni // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

sad news regarding jimmy

rest in peace mate.

• 121 JohnnyBrookes // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Been reading for ages, used to post a bit, but been off it for various reasons. First of all RIP Jimmy, if it is indeed the case. I disagreed with a lot of what he said, but again he will sadly missed.

ON topic, last night was quality, for me Fergie is not an LB, defensively santon is much better, reads the game a lot better for me. Aside from that, our possession game was the best I have seen it last night, and Shola was magical, feel like a win against Man Utd!

• 122 cupiddstunt // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM

P @ # 103

I know kets is a troll but I am just exercising my slag a bellend abilities, which I think is working quite well don’t you think? ;) :lol:

• 123 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM

lukes26 // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Quote of the day for me lmao enrique was and is one of the best Lb’s in the league for me. The fact that he is as strong as an ox (who remebers him holding drogba off the ball on a number of occassions) and as fast as 99% of the wingers out there makes him a top top player. In his first season with us he was prone to mistakes and his passing was poor but he improved massively and his passing become excellent although still prone to the odd error when trying to be fancy around the box.

Fergy a better defender its top class comedy son.

• 124 DG MAGPIE // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Off topic I work as a steward in the platinum. (stand and watch the games) but my mam and mate work as response stewards up level 7… But on quieter games like last night they stewar the away fans.

All the Bordeaux fans were saying what a great city Newcastle great stadium great team and what a good strife up they had and many had tickets to the united game on Sunday.

Anyways when we came out we were getting pelted from leazes park loads off people with broken noses and people were knocked out by kids from 14-20 something.

What an absolute disgrace to show the whole club up coz some ****heads think they are something off green street. They should be banne from all games it’s an embarrassment.

Rant over

We were absolutely fantastic last night and I fancy a 2-1 win this weekend
    HWTL

• 125 Adopted_Geordie // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM

RIP Jimmy Magpie!

• 126 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

DG magpie thats shocking mate if i had seen that and there was no reason for it at all i would of helped the bordeuax fans and started banging out the little scumbags.

• 127 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

123 – what do expect, there are plenty of idiots in Newcastle.

Should be banned from being within a certain radius of the club for 10 years or something

• 128 nufc7lad // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

gosling
    obertan
    marveux
    cisse
    Sh Ameobi

• 129 toonLYF // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM

DG – Disgusting. I did notice a few white Nile Rangers’ in the stands more bothered about shouting shite at the Bordeaux fans than watching the game. Was probably the same lot. Not fans of football.

Bordeaux fans were as Pardew would say “Triffic”, had the pleasure of speaking to some after the game and they described SJP “c’est magnifique”

• 130 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

i dont believe for one minute pardew will play 433 for Man u. I would make a bet now that the formation will be 4411 with Ba behind cisse or shola behind ba.

• 131 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

127 I don’t think Cisse will be dropped against the likes of Man Utd

• 132 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Gateshead Mag – Im using that one “busy trying to lick his elbow” Brilliant young man haha :-)

• 133 p // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM

hotdog – admit it, you just tried to lick your elbow didn’t you?

• 134 cupiddstunt // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Gateshead-Mag @ # 117

I kid you not I saw a vid on youtube and this guy actually likes his own elbow you need to watch it just to see the length of his tongue.

I recon his girl loves him. :lol: :lol:

• 135 cupiddstunt // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Gateshead-Mag Try this

• 136 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

It’s me in the Vid ;-)

• 137 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

83 nufc

agree re fergie v enrique….there’s really no comparison. JE would be the ONE, the ONE player i would take back in an instant. would love a january bid if he’s still not playing at that joke of a club

…not to mention fergie’s a winger. he was waaaay off his marker on numerous occasions last night. don’t know how people can’t see his strengths are further up the field

• 138 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Cupid – The crap you watch ;-)

Wor lass would get more enjoyment from that than my pekka haha

• 139 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

noooooooooo waaaaaay hahahahahaha

• 140 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM

how many of you would have JE back for 3 or 4 mil? that would pretty much solve any FB issue for a while now….JE on left, santon on right (of course that’ll bring out the folks who believe santon has actually used his left foot since he’s been here).

not that that’s the focal point of my question, but santon gets himself into such good positions only to inevitably cut it to the 18 yard box and onto his right where his shot is blocked if he’s lucky enough to get it off. either way, still happy with him either side, just think he’d be a more complete RB.

• 141 Gateshead-Mag // Oct 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

matty nufc

would be a mouth watering prospect but cant see enrique coming back after everything that happened could you

couldnt see ashley sanctioning it either

• 142 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM

must be said too, i think santon has been our top performer besides probably HBA and Ba, and that’s my opinion with the view he’s not being played in his best position either

• 143 JAMSHA // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

• 144 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

gateshead

really have no idea. couldn’t surmise what ashley’s thinking is 99% of the time any way

would be incredible if we had both of them in our ranks though

• 145 JAMSHA // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

The club have also considered introducing
    Newcastle United coffins.
    Stuart added: “If that’s something in their
    last respects or dying wishes, that they
    want to be in a Newcastle United
    environment, then that’s something that
    we will look at.
    “We try to cater from cradle to grave.”

BLOODY HELL.M GONA ORDER ONE COFFIN B4 ITS OUT OF STOCK

• 146 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Enrique is coming back from injury and will be starting when he is fully fit for Liverpool so no chance of getting him back although would love it.

• 147 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Matty
    Completly agree about enrique would love him back at tyneside fantastic defender!

Completly off topic but seen that homeland being advertised but havent seen series 1 is there any point watching it from series 2??

• 148 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM

In response to what was said about Jonas earlier in CM.
    I agree he is good at winning a free kick in CM but apart from that I really don’t see his strengths I think he is to clumbsy with no end product he just has an incredible engine on him. He is the sort of player who would lose the ball on the edge of the area and concede you a goal. I do really like him but I think his position is out wide but that is also a position where we need to strengthen.

I think if we are going to play 3 in the middle the more playing time Cabaye, Tiote and Anita get together the better as its all about understanding in the middle. Who comes back to collect the ball off the CB’s where the movement is next and from that pass where the other people are going to be. The best midefields around have spent a few years together understanding one anothers games and adapting to each other.

• 149 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Nufc-83

seeing as you are probably not american (i am) i have the misfortune of being inundated to no end with all that is liverpool. FSC, the main TV channel here in the states for the sport have been pro-Liverpool from the get-go, from their awful (seriously, you could not find worse if you tried. it was as if they were actively seeking out the worst and most awkward) anchors on the finally defunct Fox Sports World (kind of like SSN without the, well, everything) to this new Being:Liverpool show that markets itself as a ‘fly on the wall’, ‘behind the scenes’ documentary that is oh-so staged and nothing more than a push from Fenway Sports to ramp up both interest and support for Liverpool from the average, neutral American fan.

And with it, it’s become pretty common knowledge JE is not well thought of by Brendan Rodgers. He’s come out and said he’s lazy and if he gets a game, it’ll only be because martin kelly is out for the season. hell, he’s preferred stewart downing there ahead of JE

• 150 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Tds ref homeland u have to watch first series I’m assuming I thought it was excellent !

• 151 Toonboy_84 // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM

RIP jimmy magpie. Always enjoyed his posts. He let us know a lot of info before the media did and was rarely wrong. Thoughts are with his family.

• 152 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM

and, newcben

agree completely. believe it or not, the first 25, 30 minutes yesterday was the ONLY time the three of them (anita, tiote, cabs) have played together in the three man midfield

• 153 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Blaydon
    Cheers mate always saw ads for the first and kept meaning to watch it but always seemed to miss it! Might see if i can watch it on 4OD

• 154 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM

love homeland. hate claire daines though. almost ruins the show for me

• 155 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I think Anita was poor the other night but he needs time as you can see he has the ability just struggling with the intensity of English football and it’s physicality. I believe in Cabaye, Tiote, Anita and young Bigi we have four really top top midfielders in the club add to that Vuckic if he can stay injury free, things in CM look promising…..maybe need another youngster in the mold of Cabaye in terms of clever with his passing!

• 156 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Haven’t had time to post since our great win the other night.
    What a great combination Fergie and Obertan were down the left. Obertan looked so much more comfortable on the left and Fergie supporting putting in left foot accrurate crosses was excellent.
    I have to say, although I like Santon, Fergie is a more effective player at left back.

• 157 Offkey // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM

R.I.P Jimmymagpie, great poster………sad news and my thoughts are with his family……

• 158 solano // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Just read of the death of JimmyMagpie….I’m greatly saddened…the blog will be a poorer place without him.

• 159 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM

don’t agree with that at all, newcben

anita was top drawer in the DCM role before pards switched formations. he’s not a creative midfielder. he helps work the ball out from the back. little one twos with ferguson, perch and tiote slowly moving the ball up the field. that’s exactly what he does and i hope people aren’t expecting much else from him because that’s how he came on our radar. that’s how he led Ajax to 14 unbeaten matches at the end of last season to clinch the title.

he is what he is and what he is is very good at connecting the defense to attack

• 160 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM

TDS where snouts down south are you and so u go to any games at SJP ?

• 161 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM

TDS where abouts down south are you and so u go to any games at SJP ?

• 162 Offkey // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I havent seen an early cross in some time, its what we have been screaming out for, defenders running back towards their own goal without the time to set themselves.

Give Santon a go on the right and tell him to whip a few in, although Simmo did very well on his return…..IMO.

• 163 Nufc-83 // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Well decided to watch the game again as had good few scoops last night and although i am a believer that Simpson is a very poor player i had it in my head that he had a decent game. 25 mins in and he has been shocking dunno what i was drinking.

• 164 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Blaydon
    Basically live next to gatwick airport cant get much futher south tbf another 30 miles n id be in the sea!
    Get to a few games used to try and get to SJP 5-6 times a season and visit family at the same time but due to an increasing family and cost of living down here its getting harder and harder to get to games managed to get to 12 last season but only 1 at home sadly cant see me getting to many this season as me wife recently had our second nipper thats why i like it on here not many toon fans to chat to down here!

• 165 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

nufc-83

he’s not a very good player. he can do a job no doubt, but……yeah

anyway, i’m off before i get slaughtered for even having the synapse that led to that comment

• 166 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

mattyNUFC

Saying Anita is not creative shows you didn’t know much about him before he came in all honesty.
    I watched Anita a lot for Ajax so no exactly what he is about, he is a mixture between Cabaye and Tiote being more defensive minded than Cabaye but more attacking minded than Tiote, having that ability to thread the final ball.

I was really excited about him joining us as I know what a talent he is so watch him a lot during a game. If you did the same you would of seen him a lot of the time being marked out of midfield, this did free up room for others but it often looked like if you didn’t know who had the ball he was defending as he was stood close to his opposite man.

Next time he plays in CM watch him for 10 minutes or watch Thursdays game again you will see, honestly.

• 167 euanpolo // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

My team for Man Utd. :

Harper
    Simpson – Williamson – Coloccini – Santon
    Cabaye- Tiote
    Gutierrez – Ben Arfa – Ferguson
    Ba

Subs: Alnwick, Perch, Gosling, Marveaux, Obertan, Cisse, Sh. Ameobi

• 168 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

i’ll disagree newcben

he wasn’t being marked out. watch him when he’s off the ball. his movement is incredible. he’ll ghost in behind players, on their shoulders and when the opposition player marks the man who has the ball he’ll be right there ready to receive a pass. that’s what he does. the only reason you say he threads the final ball is because ajax is the manchester united of the dutch league! they spend 60% of the match in the opposition’s half and he is deep, as usual, but had more time to spend on the ball than the EPL allows. if you only have seen highlights of him i can understand you believing to the contrary, but what he did last night in the first 30 minutes is exemplary of the player he is. to say he was poor really shows your lack of knowledge on the game, and i hate saying that to another poster but when you say something inane, then defend it again whilst saying someone in essence doesn’t understand the game, well, you deserve it

• 169 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM

euanpolo

Good team mate but I’d take Jonas out for Anita put HBA out wide and play Cabaye where HBA in your lineup.

• 170 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

TDS I know what you mean I miss going back to my roots but cost and family mean its limited especially for football but I do try and get to at least one home game a season … I live in Ipswich so long trek but still toon all the way !

• 171 mattyNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

and see, newcben, i agree with your line-up too

could i be that misinformed?

• 172 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM

euanpolo

Collo is injured, so Perch will play there

• 173 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Ajax won the league in the previous two years but PSV have probably been the most consistent side in Eredivisie in recent history. I follow the dutch league so like I said before I knew about Anita before we came and if you look at previous posts before we signed him I was talking about him and his attributes when we were first linked with him.

I did my own little player cam on him like I said and I saw completely different to you but we will have to agree to disagree. But my reasoning for this is because he doesn’t know our midfield and the interaction between each other like Cabaye and Tiote understand each other and also not being used to the tempo of our game like I said before and you seem to agree with, in your last post. So if you want to get lemon and try and say stuff about my football knowledge I can assure you, my knowledge of the game along with FA badges to prove that will far surpass yours my friend.

• 174 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM

matty

I’m not talking about him as an all round player just against Bordeaux mate, its what I saw maybe when I was looking only at him you weren’t and visa versa.

• 175 Toonboy_84 // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Echoing tds and others. I am also down south (oxford) and find it hard to go up to SJP very often. I also. Have 2 kids.

Managed to go to Reading away last weekend. It’s only 40 minutes away from me. Good day out. Magpie mover on here got me tickets. He’s a top lad. Got his number if any of you lads need it.

Just thought I’d share that as there are a couple of southern based lads on :)

• 176 Spellcheck // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

How old is young Shane Ferguson?? HWTL. Cant wait till sundays game!!!!!

• 177 steveno7 // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

@newcben
    on the anita subject i agree ive seen plenty he is and will be quality

• 178 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Good stuff Toon boy I could have made Reading game too just did not think I would get a ticket … Ps kids don’t ya just love em I only have one for now but missus wants another !

• 179 hotdog // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Does make you wonder where Anita fits in though. He said he wants the holding role but we have bigi and cheick? The money should have went on a centre back imo.

• 180 tobiazvanderziaz // Oct 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Cant believe some people want to choose between Ferguson and Santon. Its ridiculous as they should both play! Ferguson should either play left back with Santon on right back or replacing Jonas as left winger IMO.

• 181 Sir Erec // Oct 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Ferguson did great he’s one of the youngsters I wanted to see step up. Ameobi for me continues to impress though, centre halve just can’t deal with his power. Cisse did well to get a goal, though would love it if he looked across the line more often as he is getting caught offsides more than he needs to be

• 182 weztoon // Oct 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hello lads, im a first time poster, but hav read the blog for about 3 years, so hear it goes, in my opinion fergie has to start in place of jonas, for me i no all about jonas defensive work, but at the end of the day he is a winger , judged on creating chances we are lucky if jonas gets five assists a season. fergie however has 3 in 3 and i think fergie will do the same amount of defensive work as jonas as he is defensively minded, bags of pace just what we need!!!! santon leftback fergie leftwing

• 183 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM

cupiddstunt

I’m posting a reference to your comment in the Jimmy thread as I don’t want to put anything negative on there. There is a time and a place pal for what you wrote on there. Give it a rest. If you having nothing nice to say about the subject in hand, don’t say it.

• 184 Offkey // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Nico – agreed

• 185 RossNUFC // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM

No chance Ferguson will be pushing Santon for a starting place. Think Santon’s far superior defensively. I would say Jonas has to watch out of the LM position. His final ball is poor.

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Nico
    Good on ya for moving across to this article to post that lets keep that article for ppl to pay respect to a fellow mag

• 187 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Yes mate, I didn’t want to spoil the comments, 99% of which are spot on and respectful

• 188 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Nico
    Well atleast someone had enough about them to see the article and posts for what they are
    Shame

• 189 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

RossNUFC

You could be right, however Fergie is coming and either way by the end of this season he’ll be a first team regular. Great to have a lad come through the ranks.

• 190 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Good to see people have moved on to this thread to chat. Good on you guys. :)

• 191 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Great result midweek, but now we face a really stern test at St James’ Park against a genuinely top team. How we perform on Sunday will be a far greater litmus test of where we are. I’m confident it will be a cracker, but we need to get our two fine Senagalese strikers firing in tandem and then we will be a real handful in this league.

• 192 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM

What did Cupid say? The reaction was pretty bad so must have been something terrible!

• 193 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Conaldo (The Wizard)

Keep that thread for respect. Footy talk and negative comments about cupiddstunt on this thread.

• 194 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Can’t wait for the match on Sunday – win draw or lose I will be happy to see us play. Although a win would be the best :)

• 195 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Conaldo
    Gotta be done mate whether you liked or loathed jimmy thats an article dedicated to his memory and should stay that way!

By the way did u catch the new ninja turtles??

Blaydon toon/Toonboy 84
    Yup its definatly getting harder for the futher afield fans to get to games which is why its good to see the club freezing ticket prices and even dropping the price for are euro games!

• 196 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Tads – not watched it yet. How was it? :) may give it a watch after new South Park.

• 197 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM

FatmanJoe

He was just very disrespectful. Just wasn’t called for on a thread so people could pay respects.

• 198 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Cupid on football matters I reckon we agree on most things but I found your comment on Jimmys thread to be really offensive.
    I am 100% sure that his family would have been reading the comments and taking some comfort from the messages posted.
    If you disliked Jimmy so much you felt the need to have a pop at a dead man then you really need to take a good hard look at what you think is important in life. Its only football.

• 199 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Jaw
    Demba n cisse are gonna run ferdinand and evans ragged, our fans worry about are defence but it looks world class compared to them two liabilitys!!

• 200 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Yes, I’m looking forward to Sunday’s game. Always great games against the top teams especially Man Utd. I think it will be a good game and hopefully after our midweek game we will play with confidence.

• 201 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Conaldo
    Good lad im loving the new south park!
    The new turtles is wierd mate got nout on the 80’s version!!

• 202 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Tads – Pardew said we will be playing two strikers, although its a tough call between cisse and shola right now, I think we will play a 442 but with fergie as a winger. Anita at right back? Need to go all out and attack as they are very weak defensively. We can hammer them if we give it a good go. :)

• 203 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Ok. Well it was bound to happen from someone I suppose. Surprised it’s from Cupid as he’s usually pretty reasonable.

Surprised kets wasn’t blaming it in willo and actually posted something pleasant about jimmy.

I’ve been posting on here for many years and never knew jimmy was ill. I know many berated jimmy and some even forced him off the blog but he’s always been a decent fella on here.

On another note I hope we stuff united tho I’m not holding my breath. They are superior to us in class unfortunately.

• 204 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Conaldo (The Wizard)

I’d prefer Shola and Ba upo front with Fergie playing as well. However I think Pards will go with Ba and Cisse with Guti on the left.

• 205 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Welcome back FMJ

• 206 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Who turns out in goal and at CB is a mystery, due to injuries, so aside from those positions I’d like to see us set-up like this:

_______________??????_______________
    Anita_____??????_____??????____Santon
    __________Tiote_____Jonas
    _______________Cabaye_______________
    __HBA____________________Ferguson__
    _______________Ba

• 207 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Yeah, I definitely think our attack can get right amongst their defense, but the unnerving thing is so can theirs get right amongst ours of course. But this is a real game. I’m experiencing the usual bi polar cocktail of excitement, hope and anxiety that I always go through before Man U come to town.

• 208 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Fake ruddy – harper will start in goal, and don’t think Saylor will make it, and colo will probably be rested aswell. So expect to see perch and Willo. Or Willo and colo possibly.

• 209 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Thanks tequila.

Was a weird night when I quit. I was in a good mood but some newbie was really starting to wear me down. I didn’t have the energy for it.

But I miss football discussions and I only really get it on here so my self imposed exile is over.

I think I lasted about a week. I think Beattie wins that one!

• 210 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Conald
    Yeah shola would literally abuse there CB’s!

FMJ
    Firstly good to have you back lad!
    Secondly i think utd have lost a bit of there class tbh well stocked up front but midfield and defence dont look that special any more with the exception of kagawa!
    I actually think the 2 young lads they played at CB against us the other week looked better than rio and evans

• 211 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous
    Prob be Harps, Perch, Willo to be added to your side. I like it, but I think Pards said he’d play 2 forwards. With Shola playing a full 90 mins on Thursday he’ll struggle to play full game.

• 212 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I’m all for Fergie, but i’d like to see him used as a regular in the cups and gradually given more minutes off the bench in the EPL. He is still quite slight which I think also may be something Anita is struggling with.

• 213 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Good to have a break sometimes mate, its difficult arguing with someone who has a completely closed mind. I think most people see Ashton in pretty much the same way they see Kets.

• 214 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Anyone think Obertan should get a chance on the left?He was excellent the other night, seemed so much more comfortable on the left. Maybe he would be better used a a sub after 60-70 mins?

• 215 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Cheers Tads. Yea you’re probably right. My heart tells me we can hurt them but all my instincts keep going back to the few spankings we’ve had at the hands of manure.

We need the points really if we’re going to start climbing the table.

I would feel a lot more confident about the upcoming game if we were facing a team like villa or reading :-)

• 216 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM

jawballsaswallwell
    He looks quite slight but he’s tough and much stronger than he looks.

• 217 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Nico. Ober had a great game and I am really pleased for him but I reckon Man U will be a real battle and Pardew will go for Jonas on work rate alone.

• 218 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Lol tequila – he’s that bad?

• 219 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Probably worse, I am sure Kets does not believe half of what he says. The man is a comic genius

• 220 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Well maybe, but he’s certainly got some ticker and a great cross on him, he reminds me of a kid playing for fun. He’s terrific, but the EPL is nothing if not unforgiving, but honestly speaking, what do I know so I’ll be interested in seeing how Pards handles him.

• 221 BelfastMagpie // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I really hope Fergie starts.

I just dont see the point of Jonas on the wing anymore.

• 222 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

He certainly causes a lot of discussion on here doesn’t he! I never thought I’d write (say) this but the blog wouldn’t be the same without kets.

I’m going away to scrub my Tongue with soap now.

• 223 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM

All i know is the games gonna be a cracker!

• 224 BelfastMagpie // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I think if we can get at them down the flanks well beat them.

• 225 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I haven’t commented on Jimmy, but I have to say I felt his posts contributed greatly to the vibrancy of the blog, his name always caught my attention and his posts were a must read.

• 226 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Should be. Dead excited.

How do I convince my fiancé to go wedding ring shopping when the game isn’t on? She might question my commitment if I rearrange.

I might question my own commitment to nufc tho if I go wedding ring shopping during game time.

• 227 BelfastMagpie // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Yea Fatman wash your mouth out

• 228 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Man U have injury problems as well, this could be a good time to take them on. If we beat them by 3 again we go above them.
    And remember Kets told us we should be beating teams like Man U.

• 229 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Fiancé? Fiancée? The girl version. She’s a girl.

• 230 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM

FMJ
    Tell her the jewellery shops are closed on match day and the nufc clubshop now do a great selection of wedding rings!!

• 231 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Ah yea. Teams like man utd. Best line he’s ever written. Haha

• 232 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM

FMJ she may as well know now where the priorities lie. Save a lot of bother in the long run.

• 233 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Tequila – the exact quote was “we should be hammering teams like Man U”
    You’ve just got to love him :)

• 234 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM

FatmanJoe
    Wedding ring dilema

You have to convince her that it’s her idea to go shopping on Saturday or another day, just not Sunday. Say things like ‘can’t wait to go ring shopping, sooner the better for me’. This will excite her and after a few more coments like this, eventually she’ll suggest going on Saturday> All her idea, your in the clear to watch the game. SORTED

• 235 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Conaldo I apologise, such wise words should not have been misquoted.

• 236 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Yea you’re right tequila.

The best moment of last season (and one of my best moments with my fiancé) was playing Sunderland last season when we were 1-0 down. We were in a bar in hong kong and I got the huff and went out for a ciggie. She said ‘ooh shola’s coming on, he’ll get a goal’ and i said ‘dont be so bloody patronising’. A few mins later I heard a shriek ‘I told you so’ from inside the bar.

She has already discovered her own love of the toon. And from a london girl!

• 237 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

——————Harper—————
    Simmo—Pearch—Willo—Santon
    ———–Tiote——Cabaye——–
    —————–HBA—————–
    —–Ba——-Shola——Cisse——

I know it will never happen and in all honest probably NEVER should but I’d love to see how them three up front would do together everything inside me says an absolute disaster but I’d love to see it one day haha.

• 238 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Nico

You’re a genius. You’ve done this before!

• 239 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Batter that young utd defence haha

• 240 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM

newcben
    I don’t think either full back woiuld thank you for picking that team. It would only happen if we were losing late on and threw caution to the wind. I think it would give opposition defenders a few problems like ha

• 241 tequilamag // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

FMJ sounds like a keeper mate.

• 242 nico // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM

FatmanJoe

Nothing like a bit of reverse psychology.

• 243 newcben // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah I think everyone behind them three would be livid!!! The work rate everyone would need to cover them haha.

Would be funny though imagine the defenders of Man U seeing them 3 step on the pitch, wouldn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

ps I know it wouldn’t and probs shouln’t happen but would just like to see it still ha.

• 244 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I think so too.

I’ll let you know how sunday goes.

Howay!

And rip to jimmy. Really sad news.

• 245 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM

newcben – threes a crowd :)

Cupidstunt & Nufc83- here is my less diplomatic apraisal of you mistimed and ill-advised comment on jimmymagpies tribute article.

Cupid – you have dropped off the horizon in my view of your personality, you obviously could not override your own self-importance and bite your tongue until such a time you could say you were correct. There is a fine line between speaking your mind and just being rude and you crossed it because you thought more of yourself. Shame.

Nufc83 – usually provocative and abrasive but your theory should just have been saved and maybe emailed to Ed as a heads up just in case, but as in cupids case, you couldn’t resist posting your ego before thinking. You didn’t even contemplate how awful your idea and you would look if you were wrong.

For all I know I may not last long, but now I know I wont let anyone inform this blog in case you tactless unthinking pair unleash your selfish ramblings for all to see.

• 246 Tsunki // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Oh and by the way, nice to see your posts, FMJ.

• 247 FatmanJoe // Oct 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Ta tsunki. I didn’t last long did I?! Haha

See u all on here after the game Sunday when we’re celebrating a 6-0 victory – hat trick Williamson, hat trick obertan, 6 assists Simpson.

• 248 Lynxie // Oct 5, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Cupid:
    I shall endeavour to find the location and time of the funeral service, so you can rant and rave to all assembled about how jimmy once had a differing view to your own. Then you can confirm to us all what a nobhead you really are. Shameful.

Nufc83:
    You dont come out of this much better either. Would you like to walk up to the casket with a mirror and a pin? Just to make ABSOLUTELY sure? Jesus, the insensitivity of you childish morons.

• 249 Lynxie // Oct 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Kets @ 90:
    Deffo a wind up merchant you like….
    LOL

• 250 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 6, 2012 at 12:18 AM

If it’s Willo and Perch in the center of defence on Sunday, notwithstanding the fine men and valuable sqaddies that they doubtless are, strap yourselves in gentlemen, cos it’s likely to be a hairy, seat of your pants ride.

• 251 Brutooon // Oct 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM

1) Jonas is not a full back! i know he play there for argentina but did argentina did well? NO!!!

he is a disaster if he is a full back because he doesn’t got the speed to match any winger!

He is slow

2) He is NOT a winger because he hold the ball too much. Didnt have the guts to be dribble players

He slow down our attack

Santon attack more than him

did i need to remind you that Jonas CANT cross?

Conclusion : Jonas is the most hardworking player in HISTORY OF FOOTBALL but got no end product.

• 252 Sir Erec // Oct 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Correct me if I am wrong gents, but I seem to remember that when Newcastle got Jonas before a tribunal hearing over a price, he had previously been top of the leaderboard for assists in La Liga as he had been providing the ammo for Guiza, who at the time was the hot shot striker outside of Madrid and Barcelona.

Point is, Jonas has the ability somewhere to provide an offensive threat for us, he has shown it in glimpses, albeit not as often as we would have liked, but I’d still say he is most definitely a player worthy to wear the black and white. I certainly would take him over the last mug to play left wing before him, Mr Insomnia.

Just sticking up for the Spiderman, that’s all.

• 253 gaz 44 // Oct 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM

harps
    santon williamson perch fergie
    anita/gutti tiote
    hba cabaye obertan
    ba/shola

thats my team

• 254 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Tsunki/Lynxie
    Basically sums it up lads cant really add to that anything that would be allowed to be posted!

Shame they couldnt follow others and post well wishe’s or not bother stay on this topic and carry on talking footy basically there was no need for anything that was said to be said

• 255 Nufc-83 // Oct 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Sir Eric you are correct guti did come in with those stats however he has declined so much since then he has never been the fastest player but used to have the fullbacks in knots even in his first few seasons with us that sadly is not the case anymore.

• 256 ppb // Oct 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

@nufc 83 true i remember as recently as early last season guti always had 2-3 defenders on him because he caused them trouble

• 257 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Guti may have declined a little, but perhaps he’s also playing to instruction to encourage Santon to get forward. He still contributes plenty by way shutting down players quickly, linking up play, drawing free kicks in the final third, actually I could go on and on. He brings a lot, but yeah not often enough that final killer ball we want from him, that is inescapably true.

• 258 ppb // Oct 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

@jaw also very true. he wins us tons of free kicks

• 259 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Good morning,

With Jonas, I would be inclined to say it say his ability to take men on has declined somewhat and that it isn’t just a case of Pardews defensive tactics. I would have thought, perhaps incorrectly, that we would see more from him in this respect if he still had that aspect to his game, but it has been somewhat absent for a while now. Still a top player for us and I for one will be happy with him starting for us, although see that some games we’d probably be best to be a little more attacking.

Bigger news for today:

• 260 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Morning Ibiza – that’s great news. Or maybe Ashley is using the academy as a puppet to advertise sports direct. Every academy youth product gets the sd logo tattooed on their face.

• 261 Conaldo (The Wizard) // Oct 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

There’s a new thread so y’all can mosey on over to have arguments and such :)

• 262 ppb // Oct 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM

@conaldo don’t give him ideas

previous post: Expectations Of This Newcastle Player Too High