I Need To Make The Most Of The Time I Have – Not Waste It

Ben Arfa has been a very well behaved young man at Newcastle United, and nothing like he was portrayed by the French media, when he arrived on Tyneside in August of 2010.

Ben Arfa scores terrific goal against Aston Villa

And of course the superlative French International broke his left leg very early in his Newcastle career and in two places too, but Ben Arfa has come storming back and so far this season, he’s been Newcastle’s best player.

It’s strange how difficult times can make people stronger, and they become better people for going through the hardships and difficulties, but that’s what seems to happen time and again.

And Ben Arfa has come out today and said he had a long time to think about what football meant to him,  when he was out for over ten months recovering from his horrific injury.

This is what Ben Arfa said in the Daily Telegraph today:

“I did think my career could be over. It is impossible not to think a bit like that when your leg is broken in two places.” “I was angry about it at first, but as time has passed, I’m not angry anymore.”

“It was a hard tackle, but I’m OK and it has made me a stronger person, maybe a better person.” “When you are not playing football for such a long time it gives you a lot of time to think.”

“It made me contemplate what football meant to me. I think it was an important period.” “I realised a football career is something that is over very quickly. I needed to make the most of the time I had, not waste it.”

Ben Arfa’s broken leg was caused by a lunging and terrible tackle from Manchester City’s Nigel De Jong, but he never even got a yellow card for it, but nowadays he might have been shown a straight red card for that kind of tackle.

Ben Arfa is playing his best football of his career since he arrived on the banks of the River Tyne, and we need another top display from the 25 year-old tomorrow afternoon against Manchester United if we are get the win – which is really what we need tomorrow.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Dennis Twice

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

1st?

• Dennis Twice

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Attack Arfa attack attack!!

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Amazing to think an international career can be effectively finished before it’s really started due to the appointment of a new coach. HBA has the talent to win a 100 caps. A heavy price to pay for youthful indiscretions, I can empathise, sadly I really can.

• eastend toon

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM

please please please.. i do not want to see WONGA on a toon shirt

i thought virgin money wasnt great but it just goes to show the grass is not always greener

as for the WONGA ARENA… i mean come on…

WONGA!

*hangs head in shame

• Dennis Twice

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We shall fight Devils on the beaches

• beddersmag

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Apparently ‘Wonga’ the payday lender is our new shirt and stadium sponsor. The wonga stadium- hilarious and kind of appropriate really. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9591995/Wonga-poised-for-Newcastle-sponsorship-deal.html

• beddersmag

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Oops just read some comments on last post. Guess thats old news 🙂

• brklyngeordie

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Love Hatem he is the first player to arrive and start this beautiful re-birth that is our beloved Newcastle and really our best bargain of the regime that is and scary he is only 25 and traveled quite a road so early in life and has arrived at NUFC he is the jewel of the north HBA you beauty!!