Pardew A Great Coach – Just Like Jose Mourinho

It’s obvious that 21 year-old Newcastle left-back Davide Santon has a very high opinion of his manager Alan Pardew, and he rates Alan alongside Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho.

Davide Santon – has a high opinion of Newcastle manager

And Davide knows all about Jose Mourinho, since the former Chelsea and Porto manager was his coach at Inter-Milan, and in fact gave him his debut for the Italian giants.

Davide left Inter-Milan for Newcastle in the summer of last year for around £5M, and he is now the starting left back at the Magpies, and has looked good so far this season.

And the Italian International credits Pardew for handling him so well after he first arrived at Newcastle, at 20 years old,  and in a new country, and he didn’t speak English.

This is what Davides said on Gazzetta dello Sport today:

“Pardew is a great coach with a lot in common with Jose Mourinho,” “He’s scrupulous, he teaches football, he knows tactics and opponents.”

“The first few months were not easy. I didn’t speak the language and coach Pardew kept me on the bench for some time.” “He explained I have to study the Premier League. He was right, he protected my integration.”

“It won’t be easy to repeat last year’s win but we will try.” “It could be the right match for our Papiss Cisse.” “He has yet to score and United is the right opponent for him to loosen up.”

Papiss is yet to score in the Premier League this season, but has one goal in the Capital One Cup against Manchester United, and an excellent goal last Thursday in the Europa League against Bordeax.

We have Manchester United as the visitors tomorrow afternoon, and it would be great to go into the International break with a good win, or at the very least a very good performance from the lads.

But a win is what we really need, after the terrific showing of Newcastle against Bordeaux on Thursday night in the Europe League, that sent us top of Group D.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

toon jock

nice one mate, a knew it was a religious thing

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

setting up this Just Giving site in order to raise money for Sedhiou Hospital – Senegal (Cisse’s hometown) to get an X-Ray machine will be more difficult than expected; as to set up a page you need to select an existing charity/project to direct the money towards. Looks like getting in touch with NUFC/Papiss himself will be the only way to kick things off.

Would be fantastic if we could make it happen though.

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM

FIFA 13 match day predictor had newcastle winning 3-2

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM

….and i’m all for this idea with the x-ray machine

i remember mentioning the same thing a few years back about tiote…about setting up a charity for his hometown but got blasted by a lot of then posters. seem to have a better group nowadays?

think the initiative should be past over to mr Ed Harrison the, toonlyf. contacting the club as the administrator of a popular NUFC blog would be a bit more official than as a use of a popular blog.

or perhaps someone could tweet lee ryder?

just spitballing

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM

passed*

• Baro

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

ay guys, just to clear it up. when Ba and Papiss score their celebration is not kissing the ground. Instead, its the part where if the eyebrows would connect be at. Demba Ba and Papiss put the top portion of their nose, all the way up to the lower portion of their forehead. Its not kissing the ground… Hope we see them do it again tomorrow vs man u !

• Baro

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM

for tomorrow….

Harps

Simmo——Willo—–Perch—–Santon

—————Tiote—Cabaye—————

Ben Arfa—————————Fergie

—————–Ba—-Cisse—————–

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Matty – certainly, Ed Harrison is the man i was thinking, wouldn’t want somebody like Lee Ryder involved, he’d just plug his blog or twitter page or something. Idiot in my eyes.

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM

toonlyf

touche

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM

let’s see if he takes note

i know he reads. would be interesting to hear his thoughts

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

my team for tomorrow (within realistic confines…at the threshold of a line up pards would choose or would not choose)

simmo/tavs….perch…___….santon
    ……………anita……..tiote……………
    HBA………….cabaye………fergie…
    ………………..Ba……………………….

the blank CB is bc i wasn’t sure who’s injured and who’s fit.

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I’ve sent him an email over so i’ll post up on here when a response is recieved.

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

matty nufc

id play that team but i think you can gaurentee pardew will play jonas, and 2 strikers at home

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM

cisse or ameobi to start though??

hard decision for me as i think cisse/ba play better with ameobi but with cisse scoring again maybe ba and cisse should be given 1 last chance together.

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I can’t remember feeling good about so many of our players as people. Its gives extra pride as a supporter.

Shola or Cisse to start? I thinks pards will be having th same thought. I think he’ll start with Cisse because he has more confidence that Shola can bring a different dimension or calm things down as a sub dependent on what’s needed at the time.

• magpie6699

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Can’t see our defence letting in less than 3 goals tomorrow so the question is how many can we score against their defence?. Could be anything from 1-3 to 3-3 methinks.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I’m still smarting from giving my ticket awsy for the same fixture last year,really hoping that we get a result that will help me get over it.

• Toon_Jock

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM

QPR are in the hurt locker – just shows spending loads of money doesn’t buy you success… LOVING IT!!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I’ve just read that STaylor is still injured but Collo could make an appearance,I think a lot hinges on Collo playing,I dont think the team is full of confidence when Willo is without either of the main men.

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

if colo is fit is it a given that willo will be ahead of perch?

imo i’ve seen nothing to justify that

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Jail – We all know what Pards is like, both Colo and Saylor could walk out of the tunnel tomorrow feeling fresh. Doubtful seemingly, but i can’t help think one of them will feature.

• Carryingcoals

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

toonLYF

I agree with what you said about Ryder. I’ve contacted him numerous times and he’s shown no interest. Ian Dennis and Phil McNulty from the BBC on the other hand have both commented on things I’ve written and given positive feedback. Lee Ryder is disappointment. Really not a fan.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Anyone else on here that plays Fifa should give Bayern Munich a go. I am normally Newcastle but when my mates start picking Barcelona and Brazil it gets a bit tough :). Gomez, Ribery & Robben are unstoppable like.

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Carryingcoals – Ryder probably didn’t due to your blog posts being considerably better reads than his (and that’s a very honest statement, not just a punt at Ryder)

• toonLYF

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM

excited to watch Andy Carroll here, i don’t have it in me to dislike this lad, even despite his SJP penality antics last season.

• Carryingcoals

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

toonLYF – much appreciated mate!

Great idea about the justgiving page for the x ray machine. I mentioned this morning or maybe yesterday how great it is to have Cisse at the club as our number 9. The rapport he has with the fans is brilliant.

I fancy him to get a goal tomorrow but can’t see us doing another 3-0 against them.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Any links to the Andy Carrol game

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM

have i missed something? lol andy carrol…..Man utd…..wheres the link

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Toonlyf,
    I would have loved to have had AC back,gives a different option upfont to what we have and would have kept Ba and Cisse right on their toes.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

wow. I knew we should have went for Diame on a free like , what a goal

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

jfa

a said all summer we should take AC back, people saying we dont play like that anymore, last time a checked weve played most long balls in premier league, with andy carrol playing alongside ba or cisse wed be lethal i rekon, gives us something different

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I would have had AC back but not at the cost of Ba or Cisse. He would have been great as our third striker like Shola is now

• Gateshead-Mag

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

big pappa cisse

aye thats what i mean mate, i didnt mean sell one of them. carrol could play alongside either of them and would probly be a better pairing than them 2 together atm

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

BPC
    Not wanting to start this arguement again cos it got done to def but surely shola’s performances have justified not spending the quoted £18 mil on AC and shown we can wait for him no need to rush in and get the lad? Also maybe that we should have more faith in pards and our coaching staff?

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Tads,
    It’s not that he’s worth 18M,if you look at the cost of other stikers he probably is worth that,I just wouldn’t have liked us to put that much money in Liverpools coffers to strengthen their team,would be great to see AC doing great elsewhere on loan while they paid half of his wages before coming back to us on a free.

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

That comparison sucks Ed, Pardew is much better than Mourinho any day! Pardew has worked for his success whereas Mourinho has been given almost every chance of success with loads of money to help him. I really like Pardew and it’s clear for all to see (even Ashley) that he’s doing a fabulous job rewarding him with an incredible 8 year contract.

HWTL

• Sholadona

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Haven’t been on the blog much (or at all) recently but I thought I’d pop in late to send my condolences to family and friends or jimmymagpie. Good poster on the blog and will be missed

• mattyNUFC

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

BPC

Diame had been my top pick for a DM for a long long time. He could walk into just about any team

on FIFA, can people play eachother if they’re on different consoles? (i play on PC) if so my name, i think, is matt_micheletti. add me!

• archaeomag

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

On the subject of managers – I see even the BBC is reporting Alan Shearer is thinking about Blackburn

Personally, I think he’d be mad to get involved with the Venki chicken stranglers.

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Do we have a chant for big Demba Ba?? Cuz every time I watch a match on telly I can only hear the Papiss Cisse chants.

We need to show this goal machine our appreciation before it’s too late come January.