Pardew Unhappy At Van Persie – Bemoans Poor Goals Conceded

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has called on the FA to take action against Manchester United striker Robin van Persie,  after today’s defeat against Manchester United, when our lads were definitely second best, and the Red Devils gave their best display of the season at St. James’ Park this afternoon.

Jonny Evans celebrates – after scoring Mn United’s first goal from a corner

Newcastle went down 3-0, and were simply not at the races for the first 25 minutes as the opposition dominated the game and went 2-0 up, but a goal in the second half from Newcastle would have made it int0 a game, and Cisse seemed to have scored with a header after 50 minutes, that David van Gea scooped away – but it looked over the line – yet another call the officials missed.

Pardew wants the FA to investigate Robin van Persie for a vicious elbow at Yohan Cabaye, and the Dutchman can be a nasty peice of work in some games, and he sometimes comes across as a spoiled brat – like when he kept hounding Tim Krul at the Emirates Stadium when he played for Arsenal – and he’s Tim’s team-mate on the Dutch squad too.

This is what Alan said after the game:

“He has looked at Yohan and he has elbowed him, and I think that perhaps needs to be looked at, if I am honest.”

“There’s a bit of history from last year and I don’t know if Robin has been caught up in that, but that was just a little bit unsavoury.”

“I actually thought Yohan wouldn’t have gone down if he hadn’t done something.”

“I didn’t see it myself, but I have obviously seen it on the replay and it looks like he has looked at him and put his elbow there.”

Alex Ferguson was delighted with the display of his side, who now go second top of the league behind Chelsea::

“It was a great result. To come here and win 3-0 against a very powerful, aggressive Newcastle team, you have to really perform and make sure you keep control of the game, and I think we did that most of the time.”

“It’s strange – we played such good football and made a lot of good openings, but we scored from two set-pieces, which is unusual for us, so we will take it, anyway.” “Patrice, I think has only scored two goals and I think Jonny Evans has only scored two goals.”

Newcastle did not defend well today, and all three goals were not good ones to concede, but when some of out stars are not playing – Steven Taylor and Colo were missing today – we’re just not the same side.

Pardew couldn’t have been happy at the display in the first 25 minutes, or with any of the goals we conceded, and he had this to say after the game:

“The goals were not wonder-goals, they were two set-plays, and we were very disappointed with the goals, especially how organised we are as a rule.”

We have a two week break on the back of this very disappointing result, and then two weeks today we’ll need to take Sunderland apart at the Stadium of Light – to make up for this poor performance.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

need some key players back in usual positions for the unwashed.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Tsunki,
    We need another CB pal thats what we need.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Yep krul colo and saylor needed asap

• yorkymag

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Pardew correct about van p sat directly in line with the incident he even looked around and checked where Webb was before he made deliberate contact,seem to remember an fa cup t Brighton when the boot was on the other foot hope justice prevails

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

If we made the signings we should have made we would be in a good position

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

nothing will happen about the rvp thing. sky said deGea ‘did just enough to keep the ball out’. we got beat and have no friends. never mind. 🙁

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Jail – feel your pain, really do.

• Carryingcoals

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I’ve really gone off RVP. Thought he had a bit of grace/elegance about him but after that Arsenal away game and his behaviour today, I have to say I’m really not a fan.

• yorkymag

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Let’s hope bbc take a different view tonight

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

we need stubbsy on the case!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Tsunki,
    Ha ha 🙂

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Man U were great in that first twenty minutes and Rooney excellent throughout. Can’t complain about the result with Colo and Tayls missing, in fact we did well to match them after being stunned so early.

We don’t need Debuchy or any other fullback, we have Santon, Guti, Anita, Fergie and Simpson, there’s plenty of quality there, but we obviously need a center back, I think it would be a clear case of negligence if we don’t bring in one of the necessary quality in January, transfer policy or not.

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

OK everyone, close your eyes, think of a sea shore on a warm day, the waves washing slowly over the pebbles, take a slow deep breath of the fresh air as a gentle breeze awww crap we got stuffed by Man U dammit…… (throws sky box against the coalhouse wall)

• Carryingcoals

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I’d not carry a broken sky box 😉

• Carryingcoals

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

jawballsaswallwell

I agree.

I wonder who we could get in January though? Would Mbiwa of Montpellier be available on a Bosman?

• nico

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

yorkymag

I am serious about Best, simply because he can challenge , hold the ball up and bring other players into play. I agree he’s not the best, no pun intended, but playing either Best or Shola with either Ba or Cisse would have been the way to go.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I hate watching MOTD after we’ve lost but I need to see those two set pieces and the goal that never was.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

We are a shadow of the team we were at this stage last season. If today had of been last season, we probably would have drew the game. I hate to say this, but I really don’t think we’re gonna be anywhere near the CL this season and will be very lucky to get Europa League. There is clearly a problem with the club. I hope I get proved wrong, but I can’t see it at the minute. Not playing like this anyway.

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I go along with putting Shola in there, he still holds his own against the best defenders imo. He may not be a prolific goal machine himself but he is one of the best foils for a striker you can get. Holds up a long ball until people get up to him, takes a strong lad to do that against two defenders time and time again. Watch him its quite funny how frustrating he makes it for them.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Yeah, doubtless the club knows it will likely be even more difficult to get the type of player we need in January at a price they’re prepared to pay, rather than in the close season. How it all pans out will reveal a lot about our ambitions, I’d think.

• pbNcl

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

That first 20 minutes was horrific. Man u were operating at a gear that we jus don’t possess. Then they jus held off us and let us play a bit. It was like torture to watch. Never mind this happens from time to time no biggie

However, if we get this wonga crap anywhere near our club I’m doin time in durham. Cos ill have fat mike’s head for a paperweight

• Thump

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

A few people have said we played better after 20 minutes but from my seat, we played as well as Man U let us play – not a whole lot, basically. We practically handed them the noose and said “could you lads just tighten it a bit?”.

Positives: Santon looked sharp and Jonas didn’t stop running. Outside of that, I think Pardew needs to send a message to the starting XI and remind them that there’s some young lads and fringe players coming through who aren’t afraid to step up.

• Thump

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

@pBNcl: Bloody hell mate, how big is your paper? 😀

• geordielad880

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

My side when everyone is fit:-

———————-Krul

Simpson——s.taylor——collocini——Santon

—————-tiote——–jonas
    ———————cabaye
    ——-ben arfa———————-marvo

———————–Ba

• SupaToonKid

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Need a CB desperately. Mbiwa or Douglas is a must in January. I don’t think we need Debuchy as even if Simmo goes then I’m very happy with Santon coming to RB with Fergie at LB. Really we just need a CB & another FW to give us something different to what we’ve got like a quick/creative player i.e. Giuseppe Rossi/Del Piero type of player.

• yorkymag

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Nico
    Now I see
    For me sell demba and bring in another option in jan caroll or one of mr carrs jems,but something different for gods sake.
    Now I can sleep easy in the knowledge you were using besty onlyb for illustrative purpose!!

• magpiepoot

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Terrible game today! Will we ever win a header!! I counted twice in that game

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I didnt like Santon on the right as an alternative in THIS game, he looked the part but the play never saw him for large periods, he was under-utilised but maybe it could still work with a few of the regulars back and some improved distribution from midfield (yes I am talking to you Mr Anita ha ha) and from cabaye operating further forward. There was such a gap behind the strikers they were facing our half and being jumped on all game.

• nico

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

yorkymag

Haha, yes sleep easy mate.

Carroll would have been great back here, how effective has he been for West Ham. We do need another player of his type.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

With the lack of security at SJP I think it would be quite easy to carry out a day of the jackal type assassination of Mashley a smoke grenade eould allow for a quick escape.

• magpiepoot

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Is the wonga deal for def? I wasn’t sure if it was the telegraph talking poop (I can’t bear idea of my beloved st James being called the wonga arena!) 🙁

• nico

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

geordielad880

I’d put Santon on the right and play Fergie left back with Obertan rather than Marvo left mid.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I’m not sure that Man U just closed down the game after 20 mins and let us have the ball in areas where we couldn’t hurt them. I think you’re giving them credit there that they didn’t earn.

Bringing in Guti as part of a midfield three was more influential, as was a sense of professional pride in refusing to get leathered. I thought we were going to fall in a heap at 2 nil, but we dug in instead.

• nico

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

magpiepoot

I think its just paper talk for now. I sure hope its not true.

• pbNcl

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ill find a use for the head. I’m thinking screw a pumpkin I’m goin all out……

WONGA!!!!!!!!

BLIDDY WONGA!!!!! The club better squash this rumour by lunch tomorrow or I’m gonna have a very bad week!

• nick_9

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Blah blah blah. Yeah we lost to a team who finished joint top of the league last season so lea just brush the defeat under the carpet. What a load of shortsighted rubbish. Our performances have been very worrying and some fans don’t seem to realise that it comes back to bite you on the ass eventually. 9 points from 7 games isn’t good form but when you consider legitimately we should of lost to reading and Everton then it’s even worse. We are lucky that there has been so many international breaks so far this season.

Today man united were nothing special, granted they move off the ball a lot so they always have a man in space but they scored for two sloppy set pieces and a lucky cross come shot. Disappointing but what we offered in return was even more so. We lack cohesion and when we have the ball are lacklustre with no idea what to do. Anyone who goes to the games I ask you next time we are in possession just take a look at what options the man with the ball has but beat in mind you are higher up so have better vision than him, it’s woeful. Man united today made space for themselves and wanted the ball. We have several players who just want rid of the ball as soon as they get it. Jonas is just another James Milner, works tirelessly but little end product for an alleged winger. Not knocking him but he isn’t a winger anymore. Ben Arfa is more of an attacking midfielder, he would rather dribble in the box than whip a ball in. Tiote And cabaye are very deep and don’t create enough but maybe thats because most of the players are static. This team just isn’t gelling yet, the front six are our first choice, it’s only at the back we are missing krul, colo and Taylor. To add a young lightweight Shane ferguson to fringe players perch and Williamson at the back against man united is stupid. Danton should of been lb and Anita/Simpson at rb. Why was ferguson in the team? For his crossing ability not his defensive capabilities. Bad management from Pardew and I don’t care what anyone says. The owner is a joke as well, as good as he thinks he is at balancing the books sometimes its best to pay that extra bit to get the man over the line. We’re quick to ship players out but not get them in, every league place is with so much an a few extra players could have paid for themselves. The window was a shambles and the lads need to move their bums more when they’re off the ball. I see so much potential in the current group but its being wasted, how long before the current lot get unhappy with the lack of ambition? Ben Arfa has come out and said he needs to cherish his job as it is a short career, any decent club comes in for one of our better players and as thing stand they will be off. We offer very little to the good footballers at the club, wage structure, bad style of play, unambitious. Before anyone starts giving it the big one about me not sounding like a fan then you can do one, if I wasn’t a fan then why would I be so worked up right now?

Next game at home against a lesser team I would love to see us play 4:5:1

Krul
    Santon. Taylor. Collo. Simpson/jonas
    Anita cabaye tiote ferguson
    Ben Arfa
    Ba/cisse

• nico

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

jawballsaswallwell

Do you not think we should have played this way from the start? Cisse on bench with a winger e.g. Obertan on the left.

• pbNcl

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

JFA

I’m in

I have a dark jacket and a black hat. I can probs get in a window. Its a start

• Tsunki

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Forgot to mention another perennial reason we got nowhere near their goal not a single decent cross. We couldnt buy one in a church gift shop. they put in fantastic crosses almost every time, we would have had a bagful with those. HBA sent his onto barrack road nearly every time, Cabs almost never reached their 18 yard ha ha. ok but you know what I mean.

• magpiepoot

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Nico I hope your right!! Or I’m joining pbncl on his hunt to make mashley a pumpkin 🙂