Two More Newcastle Players Out With Injuries

Just as we are getting some of our top players back – like Steven Taylor, Tim Krul and Fab Coloccini – Newcastle have lost another two first team squad players to injury, with both Haris Vuckic and Dan Gosling being injured playing for the U21 side at Villa Park last night.

Haris Vuckic – looks like serious knee injury

This will impact Newcastle because both players were starters in the Europa League, and so other players will need to be drafted in for those games.

Haris Vuckic was on crutches last night, following what looks like a serious knee injury, and this could keep him out for months, although the Newcastle medics have not yet assessed the injury.

Dan Gosling aggravated the knee that was badly damaged in March of 2010 at Wolves, when he was still at Everton, and he was just starting to play more regularly on Tyneside, but again the seriousness of the injury is not yet known.

The lads did get a good win last night 2-1 with Alan Pardew watching, with goals from Adam Campbell and Mehdi Abeid, but these injuries have put a damper on things.

This will be a blow for Vuckic, who was called up for Slovenia squad for the upcoming International break, and over the last couple of years his progress has been hampered by a series of injuries.

It’s also bad news for Dan Gosling, but we’ll need to wait for the medics’ assessment of both injuries.

And forgotten man Xisco played almost the first hour last night, and it will be interesting to see if the lad has impressed Alan Pardew, and whether he’ll get any more first team appearances this season to add to the 11 he has made over the last four years.

This was the Newcastle starting team last night:

Alnwick, Newton, Tavernier, Satka, Riley, Campbell, Abeid, Gosling, Amalfitano, Vuckic, Xisco.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• Ian Toon

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Ashley should not be providing a platform for loan sharking marketing.
    I don’t buy Ian Lavery’s line because he’s been part of the Regions problems and not the solution. However Ashley has a social responsibility.

• jamesnufc86

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Ashley doesn’t care about anything or anyone apart from his profit and three meals a day

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Being slowly cooked by a tea candle with an apple in his mouth is too good for Ashley.

• Ian Toon

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Brad Inman came on for Xisco after an hour. Good performance from the goalscorers in particular.

• Ian Toon

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM

For every Ibiza there is always a JFA.

• TorqToon

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Has this Wonga.com sponsorship deal actually been confirmed by the club? Or is it simply paper talk still!?

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM

For every Ian Toon there is a Barbie doll or my little pony.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Torq…Don’t believe anything is publicly confirmed except that Virgin deal has been cancelled, which makes me think something has indeed been confirmed.

Jesper (from last thread)….I am apparently going soft and fence sitting these days and that has upset some people. Best get back to bullying then?!?!

Ian…..I find Jail to be quite reasonable (most of the time anyway). We don’t share loads of views, mainly when it comes to direction of the club and Ashley, but he is decent enough. His “Too good for” comments have been a big part of the blog for ages now, I for one would be sad to see them stop. Now, where are you holidaying?

Jail…Stop being a t*ssp*t 😉

• zimtoon

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

So no charge for robin van persie,this is jst ridiculous by the f.A

• Sholadona

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

@TorqToon Not yet, all I’ve heard is it’s just a shirt deal which is better than listening to “Welcome to Wonga” every week. Don’t really care for Wonga’s methods (Probably the only company shadier than SD)

• steveno7

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM

This isnt excaatly A big thing coz their both crap .

• Sholadona

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

@Ibiza Don’t break it you fence sitting tw*t, choose a side! 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

See we have moved on to the next thread…

Torq…from what I can find it seems to be the media speculating. No official news regarding the Wonga sponsorship!

But right now I don’t really care, I am more concerned about Gos and Vuckic 🙁 (man I swear this club is jinxed)

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Ibiza,
    On the Metro going to Italy for three weeks and your bully boy tactics wont work with me.:-(

• tequilamag

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ibiza , skip past a thread CBA to repost.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ibiza…haven’t I told you if you give them your little finger they’ll just take the whole arm B-)

…you need to be firm with them; letting them know who’s oin charge (just go Pulp Fiction on their arse ;-)) lol

By they way, just listning to the new Blue Van album 🙂 it is highly recommendable!

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Tequila…sorry I am a bit slow but CBA? Shouldn’t it be CBB? B-)

• tequilamag

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Jesper CBA can`t be arsed, same as bothered really.

• wynsleap

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Not wanting the squad to become too decimated but for all the use they are I don’t think we’ll miss Vuckic and Gosling too much.
    Time for Abeid, Amalfitano and possibly Inman to step up to the plate. Surely any one of them could offer just as much as the first two.
    Incidentally could this be the end of Vuckic? For a big bloke he seems to attract an awful lot of injuries.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Jail….If you’re foolish enough to think I don’t have Wonga agents waiting for you in Italy you are indeed foolish. The forces got you defending the Italian border these days? Hope you have a good break and you can come back to 3 points of the dirty unwashed webbed feet neighbours.

Sholadona…..But I want everyone to like me. Plus I’ve got my fence just right now, seems a shame to give up my perch.

• weztoon

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Hope all his wonga talk, is just paper talk, unless there offering 15 20, million to sponsor us, then it wouldn’t be such a bad thing, would it? Back to the footie, I think Campbell should be given his chance in the next Europa game, forget lookin at xisco, this kids the real deal, been watching him, reminds me of a young Michael Owen!!! As for vuckic it’s sad but in my opinion he isn’t good enough, he doesn’t look confidant on the ball it seem to bounce 5yards off him when he gets a pass, and plays a few games then injury strikes every time, it’s a shame. Gosling whatever that boy had he’s lost!!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Tequila…I saw it mate and have responded. Here you go 🙂

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand // Oct 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Tequila…Not you, I got those jokes. I didn’t take BandB and Matty as joking, hence why I responded to them 😉 As if I could have an issue with a Tequila lover like yourself. Tequila is stronger than blood

Jesper….”Any of you f*****g posters disagree, and I’ll execute every m****r f****ng last one of ya!” – Better?

• Munster Mag

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Can someone advise how many “youth” players we have brought in, having cleared out a lot of them ? Re Vukic, I have said recently that IMO he wont make the grade at NUFC, same with Gosling, but the injuries are unfortunate.

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yeah, in my opinion, Vuckic is too slow. Him and Gosling won’t make it. Abeid looks very promising and should be starting ahead of Cabaye at the moment.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Say what? Kets, is this the day where i trade my opinion as fact and you start stating your facts as opinions? Have we woken to a parallel universe?

I have to wonder about Abeids commitment. There is no denying the lad has some skills. People say Pardew picks players based on his favourites, but i don’t buy that. I do think he picks effort and hard work over skill though, much like Ben Arfa last season, which I know is a subject of much debate as it is.

• blew

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The Wonga Pigeon is a Woodpigeon in Australia. SJP is lost to Sports Direct, it would not surprise me with this regime to rid the club of its Magpie nickname. I believe the Newcastle Woodpigeons is in the owners mind. The Woodpigeon is classed as vermin, also a rat with wings. The Mackems will have a field day and the Owner and MD will be laughing. Imagine The Black Cats trapping and devouring the verminous Woodpigeons

• check the toastie

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Gotta say wish the two lads all the best, but if both are serious injuries it might just be the end of their Toon Careers, personally feel both will never make it at the toon.

• english yeoman

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

JFA

It’ll take you 3 weeks to get to Italy on a metro – U should hop off at the Airport mate?