Steven Taylor Returns To Full Training Next Tuesday

Good news today is that Steven Taylor will resume full training next Tuesday, after giving plenty of time for his thigh injury to fully recover – the one he picked up in the game at reading a few weeks ago.

Steven Taylor – resumes full training next Tuesday

And Steven only just missed returning to the side for the visit of Manchester United last Sunday, but failed a late fitness test so the hope has to be that he’ll be fully ready for our next game at Sunderland.

This is what Steven said on the Newcastle web-site today:

“The main thing for me is being 100% fit for the Sunderland game, and I didn’t want to prepare for that match carrying any little niggles or anything like that.” “The medical staff have been spot on – like they always are – and hopefully taking that little bit of extra time on the injury will enable me to be fit for the game at the Stadium of Light.”

“I’m due back in full training next Tuesday, a full five days before the derby, and until then I’ll keep on top of my fitness and conditioning work while a lot of the lads are away on international duty.” “I’ve been putting in even more 7.30am starts, though I’m used to that following my injury last season. But the good thing is that this time around it’s only a niggle.”

“I’d rather miss one game and be fully fit, because if you play through injuries and carry on you risk missing two, three or four matches.” “I knew there was an international break coming up and that is giving me a bit of extra time to get my body back to normal.”

That’s sensible thinking from the local lad, and hopefully Steven will be lining up alongside captain Fab Coloccini for the Sunderland game, and it’s good that we’re starting to get some of our top players back again from injury.

For the record Steven was born in Greenwich but moved to Tyneside with his Geordie parents when he was just a few weeks old, and has made 215 appearances so far for Newcastle with 13 goals – unlucky for some.

It will good to have him back in the side.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• thebionicMAG

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM

• walton1984

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hopefully….we could have a best startin 11 for the Thunderland game
    Krul
    Simpson, Colo, Taylor, Santon
    Cabaye Tiote Anita
    Cisse Ba HBA

Come ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM

@Walton… Thunderland sounds cool, please revise your comment to either “scumderland game” “smb game” ” imbred degenerates” or “troglodyte game”

Thanks

The blog police

😉

• ppb

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM

this is presumably before he trips over the coffee table, fracturing his tibia in the process.

• ppb

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

the lord does not exist? perhaps you should thank a lord who does exist. thanks lord mandelson.

• archaeomag

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

So it’s metaphysics now . .
    I love this blog

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Rainrix…if I may 🙂 I am grammar police you know…

…5under1and will be appropriate ad well 😉 lol

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

*ad = as

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Jesper.. Just be glad the spelling police aren’t around 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Rainrix…that’s a job I’ll never get 😀 lo

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Spelling Police – Eindhoven division at your service. Well, i’m not staying, next stop Stansted (deep joy – just going to look at the last bit of sun i’ll likely see for a few days).

Just wanted to come and ask Jesper what his views on Wonga were as he seems to enjoy discussing it so much. A 10,000 word essay should do it – No f@ck*ng spelling mistakes though 🙂

Toon toon!!

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

* lol 🙂

• archaeomag

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM

@ppb
    lord mandelson.is a cheep AntiChrist substitute that you might might buy from discount retailers; a sort of mundane petty evil, but not the real Lord of Darkness. imo

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Ibiza…we don’t talk about ‘You Know who’ 😉

…today is ‘the Sponsor Who Shall Not Be Named’ free day!

Are we going to the Tyneside or staying in the greater London area?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Jesper….If you think I’d be seen dead near the city with tied to ‘the sponsor who shall not be named’ then you’re mad. Wait, they’re London based – moral dilemma.

Right, back to Ibiza I go.

Joking aside, London (ish) area, but only 2 days, back over the weekend – thank won……

Take it easy guys.

P.S. Beefman about today or did he tire himself out yesterday? Come on mate, bang away a few red bulls and get back to business.`

• ppb

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

@archeo all very true but its the best i can offer from the small selection in the lining of my mack

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Ibiza…he was in this morning 😀

…I don’t think he sleeps much these days or he is just very passionated about ‘You Know who’ 😀

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM

@ Ibiza

Maybe its better we are not sponsored by KP nuts after all. I mean I’m sure people with nut allergies would have been devastated 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

BPC…now a sponsorship from KP Nuts or Greegs would have made sense 😉 lol

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

@ jesper

Now there’s a question. Would people rather be sponsored by Greggs or Wonga ?

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

BPC…Imagine if you could buy Greggs’ pies at SJP (Big Mike would be thrilled ;))

• bollance

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

FIFA 13 nufc players

Play sideshow an eventually u will get to Ryan Taylor, made me laugh. Adam campbell is funny too.

• archaeomag

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Greggs don’t do much for vegetarians,

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Big Pappa…We can’t worry about people with out allergies. Once nut currency is worldwide there people will have to go in to hiding and trade on the black markets. Sadly they are going to left behind. I think we’ve missed out on not being able to play at KP Park. Sad times. Right, where to buy some clogs…

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Big Pappa…We can’t worry about people with nut allergies. Once nut currency is worldwide their people will have to go in to hiding and trade on the black markets. Sadly they are going to be left behind. I think we’ve missed out on not being able to play at KP Park. Sad times. Right, where to buy some clogs…

• Ian Toon

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Hello Jesper- good to see you haven’t been driven off the blog by:
    Na,na,na,na,na,na ,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na, na Beefman.
    I thought there was nothing more dull and dreary in the football season
    than an International break. They just seem to make time drag particularly after a bad result. But I admit I was wrong . Talk about
    boring posters into submission. Beefman alone has managed to regurgitate very little into an aweful lot of turgid rubbish. Let me summarise. There is no questionable morality they already sponsor Blackpool and Hearts. Why shouldn’t they? Banks, Casinos and Bookmakers have been shirt sponsors for years- where’s the Beef.
    Further dissenting posters are told to live in the real world. Don’t be
    so naive and recognise that football is all about money. It doesn’t matter who it comes from.
    As I’ve said before he who pays the piper calls the tune. But you can whistle out of tune.
    Jesper- away so only dipping in and out – good to see you got your wish on football articles. Keep on keeping on – got to see a man about a dog.

• Ian Toon

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Ibiza- see your ducking and diving rather than floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee. LOL

• lesh

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Rainrix, do you think the blog police would accept ‘Blunderland’ instead of Sund…. (whoops, nearly got banned from the site)…. you know what?

Of thread but back to the new sponsorship, some wag asked the question whether Wonga might have been better sponsoring Sale Sharks?

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Lesh.. Anything derogatory is acceptable :).

• martoon

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM

BPC @20 – As far as I’m concerned it would be a dream scenario a North East firm like Greggs being our sponsor but the healthy diet brigade would winge like h*ll and plus they would probably lose half their business when the pasty stuffing mackems started a boycott 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Ian…nice to see you again mate 😉

…well I wouldn’t say a was close to be leaving, but self-imposed exile maybe lol! I think the Red Bull and caffeine were getting the best of Beefman the other day 😀

That said, I really do hope we have finished talking about ‘You Know Who’ or else this is going to be one long International break (and break from the blog for me).

About that dog…I had to see a man about some cafetiere coffee earlier today 😉 lol

• The Future is Bright The Future is Black & White

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Does anyone know when there sending the tickets out for the makem game! I get more worried as the day draws nearer and there still not here!?

• MacToon

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Good thing for Ryan T and Steven T now is if they are running out of money on sick pay they can always get a wonga pay day loan to tide them over 😉

• bollance

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Sad news – vuckic out for season

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Bollance…danmit 🙁 that kid is just not lucky!

• bollance

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

But some fighting spirit from the lad,

Just hope he can use hatem as his inspiration because from all accounts this injury hit him hard psychologically.

• bollance

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Jesper

Exactly, as a young pro you need luck on your side. Dedication, talent and luck.

• bollance

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Bollance…so he might be back training in April (or later at worse)

• MacToon

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Vuckic has no luck, I wish him well and a speedy recovery and hope he doesn’t need Wonga too many times.