Vuckic Joins Ryan Taylor – Out For The Season

More bad news on the injury front for Newcastle, as news today that Haris Vuckic will be out for the season, after suffering serious cruciate knee ligament damage in the Newcastle U21’s 2-1 win at Aston Villa on Monday night.

Haris Vuckic – now out for the season with serious ACL knee injury

As soon as we heard it was probably ligament damage that was not good news, and the 20 year old’s progress at Newcastle has been held up by a number of injuries over the past couple of years.

And now unfortunately, the Slovenian International will be on the sidelines for the rest of this season, and joins Ryan Taylor on the long term injured list, and both have serious ACL knee injuries.

We heard this morning that Ryan will not return until pre-season next summer, and that was not good news either.

This is what Haris said today to Ekipa:

“I immediately knew that something is very wrong and I suspected that it could be cruciate ligament and the medical examination proved that.” “Now I have to wait for the swelling in the knee to go away. Then I will have surgery and four to six months of rest.”

“It is very difficult, especially mentally. But I know, that I will be okay, I know that doctors will take care of me, but it will require time and a lot of patience.’ “I’m very sad. I was very close to the first team, I was getting a chance in Europa League and after long time I felt really great.”

“But injuries are part of sport and football.’I could feel sorry for myself, that would be easier, but I won’t. I’m not like that so I will do everything in my power to come back even stronger.”

And Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has asked the Newcastle fans to show some support to the youngster during the time he is away:

“I think Haris knew straight away it was a serious injury.’ “If our fans want to send him any messages, I think that would be appropriate, because he is hurt.”

Dan Gosling also picked up ankle ligament damage on Monday night and he’s likely to be out many weeks as he recovers from that injury.

So that’s two of our players out for the season, and Dan out for maybe months, so surely we will need to go into the transfer market and sign a couple of players in January to fortify the squad, which is still too small for a side competing in Europe this season.

If you want to send a message of encouragement to Haris or Ryan, you can do so by sending a comment to the Newcastle club here.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Buy your Newcastle tickets here.

=============================================

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Maybe we could see more of amalfitano now? From what ive seen he doesn’t get on the ball all that much but when he does he has good feet and can whip in a decent cross.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Rainrix
    Hope so hes in a funny position to old for the development squad but possibly not first team standard yet although if i remember didnt pards say when we signed him he reckoned it would take a season for him to get to grips with the prem?

• Quasi.modo

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

First and foremost think it is appropriate to wish Haris all the best in his recovery from what is yet another serious injury for a very talented young man. If he can get over this one and come back even stronger I am sure he has still got a future at Newcastle United.

It may mean we see more of Amalfitano in the EL games and cup games which a lot of us have been wanting since we seen how positive he was in pre-season but injuries are never good, especially when they are rapidly mounting up on a small young squad

• rainrix

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

tads.. Something like that mate. I expected to see him weened in on europa and cup games but he hasn’t even been getting many of them. Maybe he hasn’t impressed in training but by the looks of things theres definantly some talent there, even if it is like carr and pards said “raw”

• danishmag

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

very expensive youngster he is turning out to be!
    Injured 90 % of the last two years, and the board gave him a new contract not to long ago.. 4 more years.. When he comes back, there is still 3 more years left of his contract.. He is a very talented youngster, no doubt about that, but he shows that he is very injury proon..
    He is a good lad, but I say ship him out!

• danishmag

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

injury prone

• Thump

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Injury prone would be a compliment, danish.

• Quasi.modo

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

From previous thread

I have always thought Simmo was a very good player, thought he was instrumental in the Championship season and he has went on and proved what a reliable and consistent player he is and I for one would be gutted if we let him go for nothing next summer, he is a Prem standard RB, he may not be of the standard we need to push on to crack top 4 but I would like to see him stay at the club.

His situation could be akin to that of Guthrie, he saw himself as a Prem starter, he couldn’t crack a first team spot at our club and wanted to leave to pursue that goal even though the club wanted him to stay as a squad player. Simmo is maybe looking first team assurances and after the widely publicised “Debuchy-gate” scandal he knows that the club is looking to upgrade, although he did recently say that he was willing to stay and fight for a place if a new RB came so I am no further forward on this train of thought haha

As for Gosling, I hope he does live up to his early potential as he was once touted as one of the brightest young talents when we snapped him up and he just hasn’t lived up to the promise, get well soon Dan and Haris and Ryan we will be needing all of you back fit and healthy if we’re to kick on.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Repost
    Davybtoon
    Disagree about vuckic,
    hes been our most promising youngster for years now and in that time others have come in overtaken him hea been heavily hampered by injuries yes but you can only survive on your hype for so long and unfortunatly for vuckic he’s prob the most injury prone player we have
    As MA has shown hes a buisness man, sometimes ruthless in reality how long is he prepared to keep signing paychecks for someone permantly on the treatment table??

• danishmag

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

thump..
    So you are saying, that you agree? ;o)
    Looks like other youngsters are coming through.. Fergie and Tavernier are looking very good! Two new full backs with lots of potential.. And for the cost of nothing much really ;o)

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quasi
    Completly agree about simmo the lad is a solid defensivly but doesnt have the attacking style many fans want to see these days
    Would love to see debuchy come in but would also love to see danny stay would be a great squad player and who knows maybe some competition might actually up his game

• obatoyou

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

not good man, hasn’t played much, must be devastated.
    sucks we got owned 3-0 before international break too, can’t wait to start playin again and forget this advertising business

• Thump

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Do you think the surgeons have to handle him with white gloves and specialised equipment so they don’t damage him any further ala antiques?

• p

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I think Vuckic is going to be a bit of a journeyman player. He’s just about premiership standard and I am not sure he is going to develop much especially with his injuries. But who knows? Seems like an honest lad so all the best to him.

I like Simpson, he’s been a good servant to the club as far as I am concerned. Is he as good as Debuchy – I doubt it – but I reckon there is a good chance we will see how that fella fares in England. I reckon he will come in January.

Simpson is a good pro and a decent rb I reckon but he is not a superstar and there is probably a mismatch between how much he/his agent thinks he is worth vs. what the club value him at.

Welcome to the new Newcastle united.

• outsidethebox

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

does anyone know wether injuries on krull and collo sustained on international duties are being paid for by countries involved …not sure how it works but sure we have been paid in past..

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

P
    In all honesty i see vuckic bieng better suited to say serie A
    Still i high standard of football but slower paced and no where near as physical as the PL

• p

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

@16 – fair point.

We will probably sell him for 2m and then he will become a 20m superstar in Italy a couple of years later – just need to make sure we have a sell on clause!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

P
    definatly need a sell on clause!!

Sorry nothing to do with this but just seen this a couple of articles back!

Ketsbaia9
    Oct 11 – 1:54 PM
    My team if we would’ve signed our key targets would be:

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Vertonghen Cissokho

Anita

Boudebouz Marvin Martin Ben Arfa

Ba Luuk De Jong/Cisse

The troll basically wants to replace our whole team!
    Seriously kets why the fcuk do you support the toon?
    Tw@

• lukes26

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Amalfitano reminds me of Jimmy Bullard. Hopefully he turns out to be a bit better. But the way he dances around the pitch is very bullard-like. If he were a gymnast his routine would always be a 10 for technical difficulty.

• p

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Tads – that is schoolboy shit, putting out a fantasy team.

Never going to happen.

The road to success for Newcastle is not 11 galacticos, it’s about the “Arsenal” model which we have adopted in recent years.

Stability and bringing young value-for-money potential through.

I think there is a good chance of Debuchy coming, though he does not fit directly into our philosophy.

However, I think there is room for a couple of more seasoned players to be acquired especially when they are available cheaply because of end of contract situation.

• danishmag

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

thump..
    spot on mate ;o)

• p

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

lukes26 – must have been the similar footballing philosophy they grew up with at Chateauroux and East London

• 5Danny94

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Gives Abeid a chance too I suppose, alongside Amalfitano. I’d like to see them both given a chance. Gosling’s made a lot of appearances, but can’t seem to make the most of them.

• WWYCD

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

What Vuckic injured again? Out for the season u say? Well I never no one could of predicted this turn of events

• lucasnufc

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Look at the brightside lads: We’ve got two “like new signings” to look forward to!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM

YO
    At the bookies they offering odds of 1/1 for him bieng out injured………

• Bucks mag

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Feel very sorry for the lad, but for me that’s his Newcastle career gone.

Surely we’ll now be making a few signings in January though

• WWYCD

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Haha bless the lad but surely his NUFC career is being called into question, constantly injured and when he does play fails to impress…not looking good for the kid is it

• ToonDownSouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

This has to be it for his NUFC career, no?

He’s hasn’t developed one bit in the last 2 years, and that’s about to become 3.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM

YO
    To be honest no its not looking great this makes nearly 2 and half seasons injured and this season he’s been less impressive than what i expected from him as i said earlier how long will MA keep signing paychecks for someone permantly on the treatment table

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Maybe its our own fault we do over hype our youngsters but then you look at how players like sammy fergie tavernier adam campbell ranger before his gangsta urged kicked back in and even andy carroll how quickly these players have developed, maybe not enough for the senior squad but certainly greatly improved vuckic just doesnt seem to be developing at the same rate and at a club, any club, at the top flight you need to develop quickly or you can easily find yourself left behind

• GeordieTwo

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Pack him in cotton wool and send him home. Can’t see a future for him in the Prem as it is far too physical. Agree with toonarmydownsouth a SerieA plaayer at best. Fergie is injured again as well. He has had several injuries in the last couple of seasons as well. Add Marveaux to that list as well as Shola and possibly Sammy. Oh and Gosling is injured again as well. Oh wait there is also Saylor. Is this kind of thing infectious in our squad?

• WWYCD

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM

To be heartless Vuckic career at NUFC ending wont affect the club much overall but its a huge thing for him which is a shame (not saying it is over however but his nine lives must be running out)

Vuckic to me seems to be more reputation than substance when I have seen him still I would love to see what some on here have seen from him and maybe I will next pre season before he resumes his spot on the injury table

• ToonDownSouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

tads

Well he’s been constantly injured, so he’s had no chance to progress as a footballer. If anything, he’s probably gone backwards. Shame for the lad, but there’s nothing that can be done about it.

• WWYCD

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM

TDS
    We can rebuild him…we have the technology 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

“Once I had a friend and it was a gas
    Soon turned out had legs of glass” 😀

…I still have faith in Vuckic – he’ll pull through (there is some immense talent there, he just need to stay clear of injury from now on)

A lot of work for our medical crew 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM

YO
    But we dont want to spend the money! 😉
    He’ll start next season looking like peter griffin with a bin for a leg!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Jesper
    Theres a difference between alot of work and actually getting contractors to put qoutes in to work on him
    This could be all £1.5mil of the wonga youth development fund!

• WWYCD

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    The 10 pound man…cheaper than a new player though isnt it 😉

And imagine the victory dance SHIPOOPI

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

TADS…it is a good thing then that Wonga came along 🙂

…a bless in disguis you could say lol