Two Internationals Pick Up Injuries – Gosling Out Until January

There’s more bad news today on the injury front, with news filtering through yesterday that Yohan Cabaye is suffering from acute abdominal pain, and will not  play in France’s World Cup qualifying game against Spain in Madrid.

Yohan Cabaye – suffering from acute abdominal pains

And we’re surprised to learn that Shane Ferguson has picked up a hip injury, and he has withdrawn from the Northern Ireland squad to play Portugal in Porto, and he will be having treatment at Newcastle,  in the hope he will be fit enough for the game at Sunderland a week on Sunday.

And we heard yesterday that Haris Vuckic is out for the season with his ACL injury, and it looks like Dan Gosling is out until January with ankle ligament damage, and both players picked up those injuries on Monday night at Villa Park playing for the U21 side, and Alan Pardew was there watching – not a pretty site.

The good news is that Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Tim Krul are all set to train on Tuesday at the Benton headquarters, and hopefully none will suffer any reaction,  and all three could be in the starting line-up against Sunderland.

This is what Alan Pardew told the local press this morning:

““Shane Ferguson stayed behind. Hopefully after a week’s treatment he will be OK.” Yohan Cabaye is with France but I think he’ll be fine.”

“Hopefully Cabaye comes through.” “He is probably the most important player on international duty.” “If that happens we’ll be OK.”

“Everybody else we are hoping on Wednesday. Steven, Colo and Tim will train but we’ll see.” “We have been unlucky on international breaks.”

“We lost Colo, we lost Tim, so fingers crossed we come through with a clean bill of health this time.” “After the weekend we will have a much bigger hand to choose from.”

Newcastle have certainly been hit with lots of injuries so far this season, and we’re not even in the middle of October yet, and when you have a small squad that can have an adverse effect on things – including results.

The good news is that we are getting three of our best players back,  and we have to hope that Yohan Cabaye is OK and can also play at Sunderland.

If that happens we’ll be in fairly good shape – at least for our next game – which we need to win.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• New kingdom United

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Alan Pardew vs Sunderland.. some team spirit is needed actually fighting spirit we lack.

• darthkir

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

We should have realized that although we have talents in the club, but these players are prone to injury;

Steven Taylor
    Ryan Taylor
    Vuckic
    Ferguson
    Ameobi
    Gosling

And now players like Coloccini is starting to show that age is catching up with them.

And I still dont see the need for the club to spend in new players especially a CB!

• numba9

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Good news lads are back

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

What’s with Cabs missing games with tooth and tummy aches. He should be getting about in grey shorts and school cap, this isn’t PE class, pal. It’s fitba!

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

No one could anticipate all these injuries, but I hate to day I told you so Pardew (you probably told Big Fat Mick the same :))

…hopefully some good will come out of all these injuries – Alfi, Abeid and Ginger will all get chances and players such as Marv, Obertan and Sameobi will be asked to step up their game and claim their place; and just maybe Big Fat Mick will authorize a purchase or two come January 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

*day = say 🙂

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM

…there just have to be a positive spin on this! 🙁

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Good news for us about Gosling. Bad news for Dan. Hope he recovers quickly and earns a transfer away from the club.

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

@brian kilclines pony tail

Well said from pervious post

If your againt the wonga deal, then you should be againt the premierhip as a whole because Barclays aswell as all the over big banks f**k over far poorer people in the third world and cause far more suffering than Wonga ever will

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

@8

Yeah great news, one less squad player we have now, I honestly believe your special and not in the way you would hope

• Toonboy_84

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Kets

How can you call yourself a fan. Dan Gosling’s injury is good news for us is it?

I never resort to name calling on here but I’ll make an exeption for you.

You are complete prick and this blog would be better without your f*****d up posts. You have issues man!

• Hatem's better than Messi

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

@Ketsbaia9

So much hatred and for our own players too.
    Shame on you.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

OK, but the sponsoring of the Premier League is hardly under NUFC’s direct influence, nor are the sponsorship deals of other clubs, where as who we choose to endorse certainly is.

• Toonboy_84

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I don’t normally resort to name calling, but kets. You are a cock. Good news Dan is injured? You are a disgrace and I’m ashamed that you claim to support the same club as me. This place would be much better without your graph posts. You have issues man. Prick!

• Nufc-83

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Wonga looks like a great deal for us as we get the beloved st james park back so who cares about what they actually do as long as they get the Wonga in to the club. For me if people are willing to borrow the loans with the interest stated then they deserve evrything they get. simples.

• Toonboy_84

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Graph……..*crap

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

@post 12

but you choose to support the premiership by watching the games, and supporting a team within so you are essecntially makling a choice to back their sponsors just like ours

• Nufc-83

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Toonboy-84 although its harsh i can see where Kets is coming from in that Gosling is a woeful footballer and some ho manages to be making regular appearances for us. Would rather give abied inman and Bigi a chance as they cant be any worse Gosling cant even make a 5yd pass consistently without giving the ball away. I would move Guti to a cm as he is doesn’t offer anything in an attacking sense anymore and so especially against weaker teams is a shocking selection at lm. Therefore we have decent enough cover at cm foe me.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

When ever there is nothing to talk about Kets come to save day 😀 lol

…Wonga this and Wonga that (who cares???) it is just much ado about nothing!

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

@toonboy_84

After reading his posts for while now i firmly believe he isn’t a troll or a cock, but actually rather ‘special’ if you know what i mean, probably is the same with all other facets oif life, i feel sorry for him more than anything

• toonLYF

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh for god sakes man! When will we have a full team to select from?! This mass of injuries is getting me frustrated now; particularly with the second most important game of the season approaching. Fcuk international football – it’s shite, means nothing to the players anymore, and only fans with lack of a better idea pay to watch the crap. (other than Germany, the only team who actually play as that…a team)

• Toonboy_84

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I think labeling kets “special” is an insult to “special” people.

Like I said, this place would be better without him imo. Nobody’s posts wind me up like kets posts. I never really have bad words for anyone on here, but as a poster. Kets is a dick.

• blew

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ref 8
    Dont wish Gosling harm, however, he was a totally bad signing. Pay his wages for a year whilst injured hoping he will return a good player, well he wasnt that good in the first place. Lets wish him well

• Hatem's better than Messi

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

fray_bentos #17

What? how is your post relevant to mine at #12?

• Hatem's better than Messi

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

On Wonga – if it legal for them to operate and advertise in the UK, then why not.

It’s great to have SJP back.

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

sorry Hatem better than Messi

Miss-type meant post 13

• Wandering Geordie

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I don’t believe these allegations against Jimmy Savile. I met him in Leeds General Hospital in the 1980s and he seemed very nice.

Next people will be telling me he wasn’t qualified to perform my prostate examination. …Makes a change from talking about Wonga

• hotdog

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

New England #1 – Cheers for that! Al pacino top actor

On Gosling and Vuckic it is devasting for the lads themselves as they have both had real bad luck with injuries. I dont think as a team we will miss them as we have cover, the only thing that “boils my piss” is the centre half issue, if that is planning ahead we might aswell have Kets running the show 😉

• Mister Tuff

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Nufc-83 @# 15.
    You state “Wonga looks like a great deal for us as we get the beloved st james park back so…….”
    Could I just pose one question –who did we get it back from?
    I’ll try to answer the question as well….mmmmmmmm, well let me see,mmmmmm –got it –It was Ashley.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I’m not endorsing Barclay’s by watching premiership games. I don’t use or spruik their service. I do support NUFC, who endorse Wonga, I don’t endorse Wonga by following the Toon but I would prefer it if they didn’t, because it doesn’t reflect particularly well on the club, in my opinion. Then again they are not out there on their own, as you say, so I’m not about to start tub thumping over it

• fray bentos

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

@ jawball 30

Fair enough, well put. If i had a choice i would probably pick someone else aswell (aslong as the money wasn’t subtancially less), i just don’t think its that much of a big deal as some posters or the media would make it out. Definately worth putting to bed now tho. But atleast the pardew bashing has died down because of it

• Mister Tuff

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

The big story today seems to be the Northern Echo interview with Llambias about not buying replacements in the transfer window. Link;-
    What he says is at variance to what they were doing in the summer ie chasing Douglas and Debuchy. I do not know what to believe anymore.

• Ketsbaia9

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I am special, because I’m the only one that talks sense on this blog. It is good news for Abeid that Vuckic and Gosling are injured. Abeid should’ve started ahead of them anyway. It also gives us a chance to look at Amalfitano.

I’m disappointed for Dan, but we’ve had some really good news this morning. I’m also hoping that Simpson, Williamson and Tavernier get injured as well. I don’t want them to get serious injuries, but Marveaux typed injuries that’ll keep them out for the season.

Mike will then have to invest in the squad in January, and therefore, we will be stronger. Hopefully Abeid will get a start in the next game. He deserves it.

• FatmanJoe

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Kets isn’t special, just one in a long line of wind up merchants on here.

In his defence a few years ago I was trying to convince posters that godsmark and Alan o brien were going to be hits in toon and they didn’t make it either.

I hope abeid does though.