Top Newcastle Youngsters Could Go On Loan To Gateshead

Newcastle’s 19 year-old Australian center-back Curtis Good could be going out on loan at nearby Gateshead, and Curtis has just returned from captaining the Australian U21 side against Portugal, a game the Socceroos lost 4-1.

Curtis Good – could go on loan to Gateshead

Curtis arrived on Tyneside in the summer, and he’s played in the U21 side so far, and hasn’t been involved in any of Newcastle’s first team squads since the season started, but he has plenty of time to get settled in on Tyneside.

Good made his Newcastle first team debut at Gateshead in pre-season and is still only 19 years old and on a six year contract at Newcastle, and he will be given plenty of time to get himself acclimatized to life on Tyneside.

We haven’t heard to much about Curtis so far, but he’s a skilful ball-playing center-back who we are hoping will come through the ranks at Newcastle, and it seems that Gateshead manager Ian Bogie may be keen on taking Curtis to Gateshead,  where he can get some good first team experience.

James Tavernier, Paul Dummett and Jak Alnwick have all been sent on loan to Gateshead, and it’s a mutually beneficial arrangement between the two Tyneside clubs.

This is what Ian Bogie said today:

“I have spoken to both Newcastle and Sunderland about bringing players in.” “I have had no success at that so far.” “Newcastle only really have Adam Campbell in terms of a player who would make the difference to us at the top end.”

“I have also enquired about Curtis Good but he is away with Australia.” “We like our big brothers to help us out with players from time to time.”

It’s an excellent arrangement between Newcastle and Gateshead, and maybe The Heed will soon become an official feeder club for Newcastle.

We’re sure that  both Adam Campbell and Curtis Good could benefit from playing some games across the River Tyne, and of course Gateshead would benefit as well.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Deadpool

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM

It would be nice to have a big enough squad to allow our younger players to leave on loan.

Unfortunately Curtis is only 1 injury away from the starting 11 and Campbell is 1 of only 4 recognised strikers in the nufc first team.

• Toonboy_84

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Ok kets, I got 2 letters mixed up. You’re whole mind is pretty f**led judging by the waffle you spout on here.

• Toonboy_84

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

*F**ked

Ok I can’t spell today.

• Nufc-83

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Robson is in the same box as kets for me with that drivel about Bigi. How is a lad of 18 at his best you idiot he will improve massively and you say he cant pass the ball the main thing he has shown is confidence to ping 50yd balls and they have been completed more times than not.

• davybtoon

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Nufc83 – think bigirimana has completed more passes than anyone else in our midfield this season sure that’s the stat on him

Deadpool- yes arsenal aren’t a dominant force, man utd are, Liverpool were in the 80s, Chelsea was few year back, you hav to b winning things on a consistent basis to classed a dominant force

• davybtoon

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Deadpool – are late 90s era can only b described as entertaining n nothing else not dominant not successfull bcoz we were neither of them things

If u class getting to Europe a success then that’s exactly what we are now a success as in the 90s

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Is it safe yet?

• toonLYF

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

derby nerves kicking in already for me… Massive game for Cabaye, Cheick, Hatem and a Demba. Time to show why we’re a cut above the likes of Sunderland, and other mid table mediocre teams.

• Dannyo

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Funny, u do realise we could see a “homegrown”, or almost, back four, in about 3-4 years time?
    Tavernier, Good, Streete, Dummet.

Nice 🙂

• chris_g

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Ibiza @8 – probably not 😉

You may have noticed on the previous thread that the latest installment of the Ketsy master plan involves increasing the capacity of the stadium to 75,000 by getting all the heritage listed buildings knocked down !!!

As a man once said:
    “Only an idiot would want those fine buildings knocked down for a new football stand!! ”

• Deadpool

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Davyb

You don’t half talk some garbage.

You don’t have to win things to be considered dominant.

The current teams that dominate the PL are man u, man c, chelsea, arsenal, spurs and at this early point of the season Everton.

Dominant means being better that the other team on the football pitch. This is by dominating the opposition with quality football, something lacking at nufc since sir Bobby.

There are 3 domestic competitions and 2 are not even taken seriously by the dominant teams so that is why it is useless to use cups won as an indication of dominance.

So in conclusion be quiet.

• Toonboy_84

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Chris g

Brilliant 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Chris G….Well said. Some may not agree on things on here, but some people are clearly missing one or two pieces.

Dannyo….Yep. There the boys who will helping us strive towards mid table mediocrity when we sell off our purples 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Kets
    Why are you talking about knocking down peoples homes and basically signing a new starting 11?
    Absolute fcuking idiot

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Bless him he loves nothing more than smashing the mackems!!!

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Wow increase the stadium we dont fill now even bigger haha yes lets spend millions just to knock down listed buildings (not going to happen in a million years) to spend more millions to make the east stand massive and not fill it, sounds like a great plan 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

tads…Knowing how much he loves to score against the mackems and how successful he has been at doing just that, would you start him or bring him on to inflict his damage later in the game?

• Toonboy_84

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Kets also thinks Abeid is better than Cabaye.

I want some of what he’s smoking.

• Blaydon-Toon

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

TDS I know Kets gets under your skin but I find his posts very amusing not sure what planet he is from but he does manage to get the reaction he/she is looking for 🙂 I do not take anything he says seriously as he never backs up or adds anything positive waste of time boosting his ultra ego as proved he is a clueless idiot looking to wind people up !

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Ibiza
    Damn straight i’d start him! We didnt start him at home last season and were all over the place! Then on came shola to save the day!
    Prob only him staylor colo and krul who are fit that really understand just how massive this game is to fans! Lets be honest if we won the league and are only 2 deafeats of the season were against the mackems the season would be a write off!!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

84…No, you really don’t 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Blaydon
    Problem is its more fun calling him a t**t than it is ignoring him!

• Dannyo

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

@ibiza
    Hahaha, not u too 😛

• Blaydon-Toon

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

In the that case Kets your a TW@T 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

tads….I get your point to an extent. But if we won 36 and only lost 2, to said dirty unwashed b*st*rds, whilst I’d be disappointed, not sure I could call it a write off 🙂

I agree though, if ever there is a game to start Shola, this is it.

Blaydon….He/She/It is a comic genius or extremely delusional. I think you’ve guessed it right.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Anyone else see that after pumping all those millions and millions and millions into planning, design all the PR bull that the bindippers have now pulled the plug on a new stadium and will try to re develop theres!
    Say what you like about MA but atleast we aint run like these muppets!!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Dannyo….No, not me too. I’m still the sarcastic p*ss take I’ve always been 🙂

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Ibiza have you been selling dodgy potch to kets???

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM

tads…Say what you want about the fools, but they show ambition and would never leave their manager without the players he needs to get the job done.

*Falls on floor with laughter*

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM

eaststand….You know me mate, only the top quality potch, you may prefer I refer to it as purple potch?

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Blaydon
    See! Feel better? 😉

Ibiza
    This game is tailor made for shola and given how well him and ba have linked up this season i’d start him then when they have been abused non stop by shola the mackem slayer unleash cisse on em!

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Ibiza
    You need to becareful its a long fall from that fence!! But who am i to judge the fence sitting im merely clinging on to your celebrity status!!
    So dont go to far its getting hard to hold on to your coat tails!

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Okay I am back for a short while 🙂 (you can start cheer now ;-))

Ibiza…I only read your comment quickly and I didn’t have time to answer. But as you say no one knows if Hooper would be a good signing and it certainly depends on the fee as well.

I don’t know him well enough to say for sure.

About Shane Long for £6M (sorry mate but you got to be kidding me) lol

Truth to be told I don’t think much will happen in January; maybe a RB depending on Simmo and I still expect Ba to stay 🙂 (at least the optimist in me does)

It is just an opinion – I might change it later 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Jesper you winker!
    Hooper would be a great signing for say £4-5 mil? But for me not as a replacement as ba

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Tads…I’m having to raise my fence higher and higher to keep common folk like yourself away. Please respect my privacy. I will jump down from time to time, but will have security, so please stop embarrassing yourself.

As for falling off, I have the whole world waiting for such an event, surely one person will catch me?

Jesper….Was it £6m? Maybe not then. In that case, Xisco should be starting ahead of Cisse 😉

• eaststandgeordie1982

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Ibiza ive heard thats the best potch make sure you stay away from the brown potch it fcking stinks 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Ibiza
    Seeing as your new security wont let me in di you think they will mind me rummaging through your bins so i can build my own ‘poundland’ version of you?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

eaststand…I generally try and steer clear of brown potch, but sometimes you have to take what’s available, you know when supplies are short etc. Have you seen the price of potch these days? I remember when I was a young lad…..

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ibiza…I honestly can’t remember 🙂 it was a wild guess (thought I heard someone mentioning 6M).

Xisco to start against Sunderland? You’ll make Kets one happy little boy B-) lol