Yohan Cabaye Fit To Play In Madrid Tomorrow Night

It looks like both Patrice Evra and Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye should be fit for France’s 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Madrid,  Spain tomorrow night, or so says new France manager and former France captain – Didier Deschamps.

Yohan Cabaye – fit to play tomorrow night in Madrid

Yohan had been suffering from severe stomach pains and a rib injury, but he seems to have fully recovered from those ailments,  and now we have to hope that he comes through the game in Madrid uninjured.

This is what Didier Deschamps had to say yesterday to TF1 about the injuries:

“Yohan Cabaye trained normally yesterday, so there’s no problem,”

“Patrice is also a lot better. He worked a little apart yesterday, but we still have three days. The two of them should be available no problem on Tuesday.”

Neither player played in the 1-0 friendly loss to Japan last week, and Patrice has a back injury, but both are expected to be in the side that starts against the World and European Champions tomorrow night, and that should be some game to watch.

But the main thing we want to see is Yohan come through that game unscathed so he can line up for Newcastle against Sunderland next Sunday.

That’s the important thing.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Glad to see he’s doing better. I hope they’re not taking too big a risk with him. I can see them wanting him on the field against Spain, but wont be happy if it puts him out of action against the unwashed.

• Deadpool

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

“Yohan Cabaye trained normally yesterday, so there’s no problem,”

Physically there is no problem but mentally…

And yes Ibiza I am

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Deadpool…..Thanks for confirming that for me. What do you think the mentality problems are? Cabaye hasn’t looked quite himself this season imo, do you think it’s down to the “Spurs interest” or our own clubs “lack of investment”, what do you think?

• Deadpool

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I think the same as you.

I think our purple players are brought into the club with a false vision that will never be fulfilled. I think Enrique sleds right about the policy but wrong about the 6th place finish and we will never challenge for honours.

For a man that won the French leauge and for our other players used to challenging this must be a unsettling sign.

Also take into account the Debuchy factor which will have also sent Cabaye mad.

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Let’s be frank, there is quite often something about Ash and Llambias in particular, that compels a chap to want to find fault in their every action, for the sheer sport of it. It can get the better of even the best of us.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Deadpool….This seems to be a re-occurring theme and I accept it’s down to me not making myself clear. I was proposing ideas, not stating my own opinion.

I hope you’re wrong, but time will tell. At the moment, I believe we’ve experience a blip in the plan, but this will be put back on track soon. I don’t think the plan is to sit mid-table, however, it is clear we wont be funding a quick route up the table. The issue is what timeline the players were sold by the club, as this could prove to be frustrating for them if they were indeed mislead.

On the Debuchy saga, didn’t the player himself say that he thought lille had been unreasonable, can’t remember Debuchy saying he thought Newcastle had messed the transfer up, so why would Cabaye? Granted, I am basing this on news reports, which is always a dangerous game.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

jawball….They do set themselves up for it, agreed. I can’t help but feel that some just look for anything though, I suppose they are entitled to, given some of the monumental balls ups of the past and their clear disregard for what the fans believe to be the best way forward. It wouldn’t hurt for some to recognise the good, just as it doesn’t hurt for the most optimistic of folk to be a little less blind and see that not everything is perfect….am I suggesting some balance?

• jawballsaswallwell

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Balance by way of an equal number of bi polar perspectives might be about on the money for a true Toon fan. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Bi-polar? What on Earth are you suggesting? 🙂

Right, I am off. Happy chatting everyone.