The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Substitutes The Difference Between Winning And Losing

11:00 am, Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 by Ed Harrison · 100 Comments

We’ve been surprised at just how good Alan Pardew has been as Newcastle manager, and one of the many things that has surprised us about Alan is his ability to read a game well, and make the appropriate changes at half-time or in the second half.

Alan Pardew – a good touch-line coach

Of course that always begs the question as to why we have to do those things at half time or in the second half – maybe the tactics to start off with were not exactly the right ones.

But to be fair to Alan, more often than not he gets it right,  and he’s comfortable enough in his own ability,  that when he does get it wrong – he fesses up.

Alan talked today about using substitutes in games and just how important it can be:

“You have to get the subs coming in right, it’s crucial.” “It could be the difference between winning and losing.” “For all the preparation you make all week it might be a sub with 12 minutes to go that decides the game.”

“You have to know on the training ground who is in the right frame of mind to enter that pitch and make an impact.” “Against Man United the three I made didn’t work and that really irritates me because I pride myself on it.

“In today’s game it is massive at this level.” “You have to get the subs coming in right, it’s crucial.” “Against Man United for whatever reason they didn’t work, they aren’t bad players and they were in a decent place.

“Maybe I didn’t read the game as I should have.”

Alan certainly didn’t work out what was wrong quickly enough in our last game against the Red Devils, and the visitors completely dominated for the first 25 minutes and were quickly 2-0 up,  and it could have been a lot worse.

But that’s water under the Tyne Bridge now – and Newcastle should have three top players back for Sunday – Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul – and the three of them start full-time training today at Benton – plenty of time to prepare for the Sunderland game on Sunday.

Let’s hope that Alan gets his tactics right for Sunday’s most important game,  and uses his substitutes well – and how about Shola coming on in the second half and getting another goal against the old enemy?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Steven Taylor · Tim Krul

100 responses so far ↓

• 1 cyprus // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM

In truth, we’ve never actually turned a game around since AP took over. But I like his positivity and his honesty. Regarding management, he’s on a steep learning curve, but I feel he’s learning fast. On subs, I’ve always maintained that Shola would be good as a supersub for the last 10-20 minutes where he gives his all. Some time sinve I’ve seen the strolla label and that’s the reason.

• 2 Black and White Blood // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

‘we’ve never actually turned a game around since AP took over’

Newcastle 4, Arsenal 4.

Clamped.

• 3 deeeeeeano // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Ba v everton, shola against the mackems

• 4 Novocastrian66 // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM

@
    Jawballsaswallwell
    Oct 17 – 10:20 AM
    From the previous post. I don’t think the Gaurdian article is representative of Newcastle fans. The survey they’ve printed is around 2% of the match day attendance and was conducted by what I would call an action group.
    If the Gaurdian wanted to publish a balanced article about the Wonga deal they should have compared the NUST poll with other poll’s such as this blog. However that would not fit their agenda of stirring up shit.

• 5 toon1707 // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Arsenal 4-4 was a turnaround

• 6 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Every game this season has had to be turned around, hasn’t it?

• 7 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

ibiza, go to previous thread if you missed my answer to your question.

• 8 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

beefman…noted and responded to (also on previous thread).

• 9 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

To be fair Cyprus has a point, but Black And White Blood your cheap point is duely noted ;) (but since we play around 40 games a season one game is not really flattering is it) lol

Ed did hit the nail on the head with his remark about why we have try and change a game again and again instead of getting it right in the first place (this is probably our achilles heel) …well at least for me it is!

• 10 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

ibiza, maybe lee ryder dosnt ask the negative questions beacuse he understands the situation as the club sees it and as i and you to an extent.

Ive listened to the evening chron blogs question and answers that he does, i feel he comes across and gives an honest opinion even for a journo.

It seems he is not liked on here to much, but stand up guys bobby moncur, pedro, mick martin, have all gave an honest opinion in interviews concerning NUFC lately and were very positive. these fellas would not sell their soul to the devil, they say it how they feel, and i agreed with their thoughts also.

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Beefman….Fair point on the others with a rich history at the club all singing from the same hymn sheet.

As I said, I tend to agree with his views. Maybe it’s as simple as not censoring exactly, but keeping trouble makers away. It doesn’t take a lot to send the masses in to panic.

• 12 Novocastrian66 // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Our away form has been poor to date. We need to hit the ground running on Sunday. The Albanians are struggling to score more than 1 per game. Batter them get two goal lead and pick em off.
    Don’t want to rely on game changing subs.

• 13 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Shola is imo better as a sub, last 25 v the mackems if it were tight and their ar.es would be nipping no problem.

i would not go two up front either, we have to start on the front foot for a change.

Start like we normally finish and push for the whole 90 that would be a nice refreshing change instead of second half fight back scenario.

• 14 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Ibiza ,it takes very little as you know to get fans backs up that is totally correct.

Im surprised their has not been anyone on saying how cabaye will be gone in jan to barca?

• 15 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:16 PM

*…by the way Cabs is definitely off to Barca in January :D lol

• 16 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Beefman
    Just a quick one on ryder
    He’s not paid to print his opinions but factual based articles regarding sport in the north east he rarely does this dont get me wrong its nice having someone put a positive spin on things but hes not exactly a reporter!

• 17 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

He does tend to come off more like a PR Spindoctor or something…

• 18 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

In regards to this aritcle i actually think substitutions is the weakest part of his game they always seem to come in the last 10-15 mins when some times were screaming for a change on the hour mark

• 19 Sav // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM

If only he’d learn to stop saying, “If I’m honest,…” It does my head in.

• 20 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM

TADS…as much as I love Pardew, I do think he tends to get the tactics a bit wrong and tries to rectify his mistake just to be too late (I don’t think have won many games coming from behind) Can anyone varify this?

…he just need to learn to ‘kill his darlings’ and he’ll go one to one of the great ones I think :)

• 21 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

On shola if he feels a need to go and play for nigeria then thats his call.

Young adam campbeel then may be given his chance and that could send shola further down the pecking line, AP has already said he rates campbell on par with shola even now.

• 22 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Did anyone read this:

” Papiss Cissé and Demba Ba could face time in the international wilderness as Fifa and the African Confederation mull over what punishment to hand down to Senegal in wake of Saturday’s riot.”

• 23 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It is a bit slow in here today (as well as yesterday), so I thought I’ll share this news bit:

• 24 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Nothing in the quotes from Pardew to say anyone will leave in January, more a statement of the obvious that eventually one of the big names will go. At some point they will all go, could be anytime in the next 5 years. Another example of poor journalism where the headline bears no relationship to the actual story or in this case non-story.

• 25 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Tequila…maybe or maybe not :)

…I still believe the reason (well partly) why we didn’t sign more players in the summer was due to the fact we didn’t sell any (or any of the big players). I think someone might have to leave for someone/body to come in in January.

…then again nothing may happen in January at all ;)

• 26 tarie4 // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

jesperfuglsang

Headline of that article a bit over the top no?? Gotta love how journalists twist things.

On the article, I think pards has made loads of game changing subs. And tbf most of the games we played last season, we scored the first goal, and went on to win. We conceded first on the odd occasion and we drew some and lost horribly in others. The major issue pards needs to sort out is the killer instinct of the team. We never really kill games off and wen we equalize we never seem to go for the win. That’s an issue that bugs me the most.

• 27 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Jesper. not sure I buy that especially where BA is concerned. If the figures re Ba buyout clause are correct then if would be a massive ask to find a replacement for 7 mill.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in Jan but all the media stuff we read in Oct is pure speculation . Media love a bit of drama.

• 28 check the toastie // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Be more inclined to think that the starting eleven would be best to get right , then you dont have to bring on Subs fighting fires every week, Pardew you donut.

Stop playing Jonas LM would be a start, then he doesnt have to continually be moved around the pitch for 90 minutes, making him dizzier than a smoggy on Goathland Magic Mushrooms. He does talk some shite.

• 29 cyprus // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I should have been clear as I didn’t forget the 4-4 score! Come on. Turn around means you are losing and end up winning a game. In any case, as for the 4-4, AP was understandably just as bemused as the rest of us and he never claimed credit for that.

• 30 cyprus // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM

We’ve managed to draw a few games when we were behind (miraculous as the 4-4 is), but that’s not a turn around.

• 31 Wandering Geordie // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM

In light of the colour coding system used by llambas .when Pardew wants to put a sub on.He probably has a packet of Opal fruits in his pocket and pulls out a colour….. on you go Green….Purple off

• 32 check the toastie // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

We havent won a game coming from behind for sometime, if we go behind get your money on a loss, that’s how well Pardewasaurus uses his subs.

• 33 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Tarie/Tequila…agree on the headline (it is one of those that just want to draw attention)

…I don’t think Ba will be leaving in January (as you say Tequila £7M isn’t that much and I think he would have left if he’s not happy). But eventually someone will leave and eventually we do need to strengthen our team (defense come to mind).

Now Mike can go on and surprise us in January like he did when he bought Cisse, but I still think for us to strengthen significantly someone (one of the big players) have to leave. Mike would just love to do another AC (£35M in the bag ;)) That was one hell of a deal in my book!

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Wandering….Hard to see where someone could go wrong with that method.

Cypurs….I disagree. We were losing 4-0 and turned the game round to get a draw. That is some turnaround. Whether or not it was down to Pardew is another matter. The game was turned around, despite us not winning imo.

• 35 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Jesper, I agree if Ashley got a 25 mill offer for Cabaye Tiote or HBA he would snap their hands off. And tbh I would be amazed if it was all spent on new players. That`s not to say though that if nobody goes out, nobody comes in. I still expect a new defender to come in Jan. A blind man can see that failing to land a defender ready to play in the first team has hurt us badly so far. They took a gamble that we had enough cover for injuries and it`s a gamble that has backfired.

• 36 cyprus // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Ibiza,
    Ok, I’ll put it in another way. We haven’t been losing a game and then proceeded to win it since AP took over. I am not blaming him, it’s just that it’s never happened.

• 37 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Twquila…I was really amazed or bemused that they took that gamble on our defense, when we saw last season how we cobed with Saylor being out for so long.

…I agree we need another defender and maybe Mike will surprise us all :) They need to look at our RB situation as well (Simmo has a contract to sign).

To be honest I am not counting on much to happen though!

• 38 beefman13 // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Two to come in the january window, ive had a word with uncle mike! TOP CENTRE HALF AS WELL.

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Cyrpus…Agreed :)

• 40 seancavaz // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

• 41 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ibiza, sad to see BandB go ? was she really a girl? Perhaps if BandB really stood for breasts and balls she was a haemaphrodite. Who knows. Good poster though. Shame to lose someone who could construct a proper thought out point of view.

• 42 chris_g // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

NUFCOfficial Newcastle United FC
    Champagne corks are popped in front of the re-erected sign

• 43 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

It seems always either someone is leaving or someone is trying to make someone else leave – lord knows I have spread rumors about Ibiza, but I never wanted our property pimp and now fencesitting pimp to leave ;D lol

• 44 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Jesper, yeah a bit odd that There is room for everyone I reckon. It`s the dramatic resignation posts I find the strangest, especially as they are usually back in a few days.

• 45 check the toastie // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Is it just me or has anyone else thought it might be a good laugh to spray paint Sports Direct Arena above the new St James Park sign.

Dont know why people have me down as a worky ticket.

• 46 tarie4 // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

check the toastie

TRUE, but if U look at last season, most of the teams that scored first against us, finished above us, some we managed to salvage draws etc. Yes we did not comeback after conceding the first goal, but that didn’t happen alot last season, we pretty much always scored the 1st goal.

• 47 rainrix // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

So the old england match is that on at 4 polish or UK time? I saw somewhere it had been rescheduled to 4 but it didn’t say which time zone.

• 48 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Rainrix…I think it is 5 pm polish time ;)

• 49 rainrix // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM

tak så meget jesper ;)

• 50 Pushy Pardew // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

tequilamag
    I think you mean a hermaphrodite! It’s a big jump from someone merely wanting to explore the last bastion of male supremecy.

• 51 Pushy Pardew // Oct 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

supremacy

• 52 Tsunki // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I thought it was my turn to resign? Damn. Put me down for post-derby then.

• 53 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Nice to see you spotted the irony of your own spelling mistake after picking up on mine.
    Is this blog really the last bastion of male supremacy?
    I think the young girl who was shot in the face by the Taliban for wanting to go to school would beg to differ on that one.

• 54 Pushy Pardew // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM

If were still on a mission to concede from corners they’ll
    be a few resignations.

• 55 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Det var så lidt Rainrix ;-)

…held og lykke med kampen!

• 56 Pushy Pardew // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:08 PM

How profound. We don’t have anyone left with a thought out point of view. Plenty of posters with the mentality of a fourteen year old.

• 57 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Pushy, can`t argue with you on that one.

• 58 rainrix // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Jesper… Ermmm ok? :)

• 59 Pushy Pardew // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM

JESPER
    How are you? Have you driven Ian Toon off the blog as well?

• 60 Wandering Geordie // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM

@Ibiza changed my mind about Opal fruits ..It has to be jelly babies as there is a more varied colour coding

• 61 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Pushy…I am good :-) you?

…I haven’t seen Ian for a while (I am contemplating whether he’s on holliday or not)

Don’t you know I am shining ray of light :-D lol

• 62 Wandering Geordie // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I would also catergorise Nile Ranger and Xisco as the neutral colour and worth nil value

• 63 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM

…it is a strange one with Ian, he use to be on every morning! A puzzle it is! hmm

Meditate on this I will ;-) lol

• 64 Rotonda heights // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Not quite sure why everyone is going so overboard on Pardew. We don’t play good football. Statiscally we have hit more long balls than Stoke and West ham this season. We are nowhere in the league at the minute, are out of the league cup already and Pardew dosn’t take the Europa seriously!

We’ve played one good game this season at home v Bordeaux when we went back to 433 for one night only.

Yes we came 5th last season. Roeder came 6th or 7th one year. An 8 year contract for 1 good season seems really bizarre. Personally with the ball players we have, I’d love a Martinez / Rodgers type to take their straitjackets off and just let them play and express themselves, not just hoof it and worry more about the opposition than what we can do to them.

There is no reason to play like we do at the minute.

• 65 Wandering Geordie // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM

@Ibiza Thought Id keep you up to date with the Solano/M Cook pairing here.Cook was dropped but Universitario are currently 3rd in the division.Solano is doing a fine job.Andy Polo is one to watch and sure some premier team will give him a chance…Maybe the Toon

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Wandering….Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Nobby is doing well, he’ll always have a place in my heart-what a geezer :)

Tequila….I’m absolutely devastated at our latest loss to the blog. BandB could make some valid football points, but seemed to be more on a correctional path recently. Not sure why he/she felt they were forced off the blog – I may have missed something. Was it the mocking of the fact he / she objected to smileys? Seems a bit odd if you ask me.

Pushy…How rude. I’m 15 and a half! :)

• 67 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Tsunki…Sorry, you may never resign. You are destined to spend your days on here…forever.

• 68 fray bentos // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM

@Rotonda

You say the same thing in every post

Really boring

• 69 fray bentos // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM

@Rotonda

I don’t think we have the players capable of playing the type football you want to see to be honest, especially when Colo isn’t playing

• 70 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM

The Poland right back makes Danny Simpson look like a bum. Piszeck I think he is called, plays for Dortmund

• 71 AMEOBI // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM

@post 1

Stupid comment!

• 72 Munster Mag // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Sometimes Pardew does talk a lot of Tosh. NUFC controlling games ? Havent seen a lot of that this season, so far anyway.

• 73 Blaydon-Toon // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM

England 1 up Rooney ….

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Blaydon
    Rooneys shoulder!

Think it was more entertaining watching chiles try to pad out an hour last night than watching this game

• 75 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Tads…If you view the game as a form of comedy show, it’s highly entertaining. Jagielkas “clearance” a few minutes ago was golden.

• 76 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Ibiza
    Comical it is and i thought the toon was having defensive difficulties! Our these clowns sadly the best we can offer as a nation?

• 77 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM

tads…Bring back John Terry? Oh dear, I need a lie down.

That’s it, Simpson, Williamson and Perch for England!

• 78 mot7 // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM

English footballers what a load of shite brainless robots with no skill or imagination

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Perchinio would be slaping these poles all over the shop! Is wilo possibly faster than lescott and jagelka??
    Rooney has no buisness in his own box!

• 80 darrenfletcher88 // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM

If only steveie Taylor cud keep fit,lesscott and jags is awful!!

• 81 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM

So, the positive of International break is it makes us appreciate our club football a lot more. Knew there was a good reason in there somewhere.

We best call Perchinho up before Brazil do.

• 82 mot7 // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM

why is james millner playing for england

• 83 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Mot
    Because he plays for citeh he wouldnt be in the squad if he still played for the toon or villa

• 84 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM

ROONEY! ROONEY! Howay, if you’re gonna be that ugly, you should be good at hitting the target at least. Yeah, I know there is no rational thought there.

• 85 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Has BandB left?

…and here I am sitting writing that match report from my game last weekend as promised :-(

Was it all in wain then?

• 86 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Poland deserved that tbf poor from hart, wilo stay bu your phone don that call up is coming! ;)

• 87 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Makes you feel proud!

Cos England, wiiiiiill, scooooore, oooone, moooore, thaaaan, yoooooou….oh wait, maybe not.

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Jesper
    I dont know has he? Wasnt he only on here for like a week? The smileys aren’t that bad ffs!

• 89 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Jesper…Supposedly so. Please feel free to submit your match report though, I will happily read through and correct it for you. No smileys though, I find it all a bit suspect that you would use something that is provided on a blog – especially considering your male….shudders at the thought.

• 90 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Poland go on and spank us here like!

Christ its hard boring work being an england supporter

• 91 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM

It is good though. First people were driven off by optimism and now smiley faces. When will these animals stop? I fear what’s next…..

Ideas?

• 92 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM

TADS…I am probably the king of smileys ;-) lol

…I tend to over do it!

So how is England doing? Better than Denmark did I hope :-)

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Ibiza
    Poor grammar?

• 94 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Jesp
    Watching the england game is like watching that never dry security paint attempt to dry pointless and painful

• 95 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM

tads….Usually it’s the optimistic, smiley using, optimists that correct grammar, so probably not.

Driven off by politeness and reasoned debate? Maybe too obvious?

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM

This games so boring ive let the boy turn it off to put spongebob on

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Spongebob is on? What channel? Well excited.

Thanks boy of tads, you have turned this day right round.

• 98 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Ibizzle
    Sorry pal its his dvd!

• 99 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 17, 2012 at 5:48 PM

tads….That is saddening news. When will this tragic day end.

BandB leaving.
    England playing like England.
    Now no Spongebob.

I need some good news or I’m going to have to retire from the blog.

• 100 jesperfuglsang // Oct 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Ibiza…I am not sure I got the last part; was that regarding use of smileys or the general idea of my match report? :-D

previous post: Alan Pardew Not Like The Great Bobby Robson