Newcastle’s Transfer Business Is So Thorough – Looks Great

Alan Pardew has explained to Newcastle fans today with an interview in the Evening Chronicle, just how the club does its transfer business, and there’s also news that Newcastle have expanded their scouting area to include places like Romania and Serbia, as well as France, Holland and Belgium.

Graham Carr – a top man at Newcastle

And of course graham Carr heads up Newcastle’s ever-growing scouting network, and Pardew explained how he works with Graham, whom he rarely sees because he’s always on the road checking out players.

“I like Graham, I hardly ever see him. You’d be surprised how much I talk to him!” “What happens is Graham goes out and gets a list of, say, eight players. Right now we are in the middle of the next window.”

“The process, so our fans are clear on it, is this: We have about seven names for a center-half. He’ll give me what he thinks are his best two options. Then it comes down to football secretary Lee Charnley. He will contact the clubs.

“Sometimes somebody linked to the club might be an agent who works with the club. They will say what the value of the player might be.” “It is always a ‘possibly’ because you are never able to negotiate what the actual figure will be.”

“We had that problem with Debuchy. The figure that was told to us was way off the figure the club wanted.” “We thought that something was out of keel and that’s why we felt bad about the deal.” “Then there are the personal terms of what the player could ‘possibly have’.”

“The top two of Graham’s choices may have gone. We might be down to one of Graham’s and three others.” “Then it will come into my lap. Then I really take a vested interest in how many times Graham has watched these guys and the clubs they’ve been at. I’ll talk to my backroom team.”

“Graham isn’t doing that all by himself – he has his own foot soldiers to get those seven names.” “By that process we’re down to say two and I’ll see Derek Llambias and say, ‘This is what we think they’ll cost and how much they want, we’ve watched them 10 times, I’ve analysed it and I’m happy’.”

“That’s what happened with Cabaye. Then it is a case of ‘Can we get them?’ Then we see if Mike Ashley and Derek can do the deal. Ultimately Mike has to say to Derek, yes or no. Derek manages the budget.”

This is good information from Alan and it really seems that Newcastle have the transfer procedure under good control and it’s well worked out.

It seems if a layer comes into the cub he has been vetted multiple ways and hopefully can become a success wat the club.

We didn’t get enough players in the summer but Gael Bigirimana and Vurnon Anita look to have been two great buys for the club.

Maybe we can get a couple more in January?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• obatoyou

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Sup

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I’ll believe it when I see it 😉 (they didn’t know how to set this in motion back in the summer)

…took to long to figur out that the price they were told would be enough and the club’s value weren’t the same (all that takes is a phone call)

Bt the way LC, make them calls now so you cross any players that are too expensive now so Carr can have time torecommend someone else 😉 lol

• ppb

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

@jesper the captain of the lemon crew. don’t come on here with your crazy ideas. save that for home

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM

ppB…they should be happy 😀 I am not even charging them for the consulent work I am doing for them (it’s all pro bona) 😉 lol

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM

ppB…who’s part of my lemon crew?

…should I advertise it more?

• GFH

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

The background research sounds thorough enough , but I think it is what follows that sometimes baffles the fans. As an example , we are told that the club are still scouting De Buchy this week. If the price had been paid in the summer we would have been in a position to sell Danny Simpson to subsidise the De Buchy fee, now it seems Simpson will leave for free and if De Buchy comes at the fee originally “agreed” in the summer we will actually be worse off as well as having done without De Buchy for half a season and had ( I believe ) a negative impact on team ( Cabaye for sure) and fan morale by not having brought players in.

• ppb

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

jesps lemon crew. ibiza is in. im definitely in the brig lol

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM

ppB…you are definitely signed up – you’ll make an excelent firstmate 😀 lol

…I’ll just wait and tell Ibiza he’s part of the lemon crew (need to find a part for him to play)

• Transfer Sage

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Players values change often.

Maybe the club were hoping debuchy would sulk and try to force a move resulting in a lower price.

If this hasn’t happened it could all be for nothing but he will also be closer to the end of his contract which could begin to come into consideration towards the last couple years

• ppb

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM

@jespet ibiza is in the crows nest. apparently he likes sitting atop things

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

ppB…in the crow’s nest the fencesitting Pirate Ibiza shall sit 🙂

…since he is based out (exiled) in Spain, he shall be a buccanneer 😉 lol

• toonwardo

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Just walked past Graham Carr outside Eldon Square… So obviously not out and about!

• lesh

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

ppb – Lord High Admiral Ibiza has decided that you’re to be hung, drawn and quartered me lad!

• lesh

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

toonwardo, mebby he’s scoutin’ totty?

• check the toastie

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Pardew should audition for the remake of Groundhog Day, he is like a stuck record at times.

Personally great in theory, but Derek then does whatever he deems fit, basically it doesnt matter what old slick lips wants, he will do as he is told and say what he is told to say, poor pards he is such a patsy.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Lesh…Ibiza is a part of my crew – I’ll do the hanging here 😉 (Ibiza has his place up in the crow’s nest) lol

• numba9

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

All talk pards you also should be lookin at his top two targets or at least ask your scouts to watch lads u fancy. But u can’t get blood out of a lambsarse unless u give it a proper boot ;-p

• ppb

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM

@jesper im sure it’ll be a buccanero in Spain.
    lesh you’re now the cabin boy! we shall name you roger.
    @everyone. come on. up the positivity. we’re gonna hammer the scum and be in the top 5 by January anyway!

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM

We drink and we pillage and we do what we please

We get all that we want for free

We’ll kick your ass

And rape your lass

nufcblog pirates we

So with a yo ho ho

And with a yee hee hee

We take to the Atlantic sea

We’ll brave the squalls

And bust your balls

nufcblog pirates we

We left our homes and we left our mothers

To go on a pillaging spree

We’ll cut off your ears

And break your toes

And make you drink our pee

And if you sail into our waters

You best hear this decree

We’ll take your boat

Set your ass afloat

nufcblog pirates we

With a yo ho ho (yo ho ho)

And a tricky lah-tee do (tricky lah-tee do)

We’ll shoot you in the face with glee

Then we’ll cut off your cock

And feed it to a croc

nufcblog pirates we

nufcblog pirates we

nufcblog pirates we

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM

😉

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

So after the months and months of hard work scouting players from around the globe we decide to knock the transfer on the head because Ashley and Llambias value the player slightly lower than the team wants. Great strategy when it pays off (Tiote,Cabaye etc.) but when it fails it seems like a big waste of time for the sake of a couple million

• ash-out

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Bootiful.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Rainrix well they were excellent posts, now for the rest of the afternoon can you concentrate on your colouring book or watch the TV in the Day Lounge.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

@ Rainrix

Someone has been watching South Park 🙂

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Cisse… I was hoping someone got the reference 🙂

Tuff… I would mate but sadly I’m at work 😐

• nufc786

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Here’s a fun derby week stat – Ben Arfa has dribbled past more challengers so far this season than Sunderland’s entire team.

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Rainrix…and now we have a song 🙂 lol

…I’ll find a place for you in my crew – how about Boatswain? 😀

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Jesper…. Sounds wunderbar, How badly can i beat the crew though?

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Rainrix…you just need to do what you need to do 😉 (if you know what I mean ) lol

• Mister Tuff

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

ppb, jesper,lesh and rainrix.
    Seeing that you boys have played out the pirate/buccaneer game, I’ve taken the time to prepare your activities for tomorrow.
    Name of game: Cowboys and Indians.
    List of characters: John Wayne, General Custer, Big Chief, Brave, Squaw, and Medicine Man.
    Activities to be completed in the morning (before sensible people appear on the blog).
    Afternoon and evening: Continued therapy and electric shock treatment.

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Tuff… Stop being a humourless prick. This blogs been full of stupid pointless and harmless banter forever. If you don’t like it don’t read it or better yet go away. Thanks!

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Oh bugger i bit damn, what i meant to say tuff is, Y U NO INCLUDE SITTING BULL AND CRAZY HORSE!

• Tsunki

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM

So I am going to go out on a limb here and hazard a wild guess…just throwing this out there…. Its a slow day, isn’t it?

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Tuffboy…just lighten up will you!

…start your own discussion and be part of the solution and not the problem 😉

• jesperfuglsang

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

…and by the way you can definitely not be a part of the crew 😀 lol

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Tsunki… Yup. Please salvage this frivolity 🙂

• lesh

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

jesper…… Jawohl, Herr Kaleun… alles klar, es tut mir leid!

I vill now do ze honorable sing und prepare ze gear so zat ven I say ‘Ja’ you can give ze order for ze crew to srow me overboard, to ze sharks!

Please ask ze crew to sing a song as I go over ze side……. perhaps ze Tipparary song oder ‘Vish me luck as you vave me gutbye’ and vill sing ‘cheerio, hier I go, on my vay’!!

Insubordination vil not be tolerated…..

• Mister Tuff

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM

ooooooh, oooooooh touchy touchy. I thought my humour was just as humourous/humourless as anybodys’. Well if it is not I’ll just have to abide with what the Humour Police decree.

• rainrix

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Aye see that ye abide by the blog polices rules lest you be walking the plank ye scurvy dog

• Mister Tuff

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

jesper @#35 -I do not want to be part of your crew, especially not the cabin boy called Rodger. I suspect I know what is coming his way.