The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Has Strong Hand To Play Against Sunderland

4:18 pm, Friday, October 19th, 2012 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 202 Comments

Really good news on the injury front today is that it seems Fab Coloccini, Tim Krul and Steven Taylor have been training well this week, and hopefully all three will be in the starting line-up at Sunderland on Saturday.

A great shot of Steven Taylor in action

Taylor has been out since the Reading game with a calf injury, and Coloccini has had a hamstring problem ever since he went to play for Argentina in August, and when he was called up again in September, he only aggravated the problem.

So the Newcastle captain has played only four times this so far for the Magpies this season.

Goalkeeper Tim Krul has been out with an elbow injury he picked up in training while with the Dutch squad last month, and the 24-year-old seems to have suffered no adverse reactions since he returned to training on Wednesday.

Alan Pardew seemed upbeat on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show as he had this to say:

“I’ve got a stronger hand, because Coloccini has been in training, Steven Taylor has been training and Tim Krul has been training. So that helps my selection process. You do need big players for these games.”

It will make a huge difference to the Newcastle starting line-up if these three players, along with Danny Simpson, can start the game at the Stadium of Light on Sunday, where hopefully the lads can pick up all 3 points.

Howay The Lads!!

What do you think?

Tags: Danny Simpson · Fabricio Coloccini · Injuries · Newcastle News · Steven Taylor · Tim Krul

202 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Aaaah Glasshammer! You must stay uninjured to defeat the darkness!

• 2 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM

archaeomag – They get dressed correctly when their deceased :-)

• 3 BigKirky // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I’m getting nervously excited for Sunday.

I like to listen to jazzradio.com when I’m drawing and at present I’ve got the Paris Café channel on whilst watching Ben Arfa You Tube clips on mute. It’s a beautiful thing. Try it :-) so fitting. Let us not forget his skills against them last time. He really is up there with my favourite player Tino. I’m proud to watch him on a football pitch each week. Hope he stays forever! Hope he’s on form on Sunday as he can win the game by himself.

• 4 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

@hotdog
    Not sure I want to go there – although a good embalmer might improve M O’N image and his team . .

• 5 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Wow! What can I say but its such a surprise, no a shock! To post first with such an illustrious peer group I really am overwhelmed.

Can I just thank my Agent, Ibiza who has negotiated so well in my behalf, the Director Ketsbaia9, who took time out of his Pannini Project to make me look better than I should have done, also the wonderful cast of bloggers, mostly loveable yet unhinged borderline idiots who supported me, my friends, ok friend, and my fans, both of them. Of course most of all my darling wife who never gave up, always believed in me after years of posting 2nd she is my rock.

Anyone I haven’t mentioned you know who you are…. I …. Sorry, sorry I will ….. I will be ok, give me a moment……..

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA……….

• 6 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

@ED
    I am confident we could beat the scum at Handball as well . .

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Tsunki….Love the raw emotion there, but it is advisable that you run these things past me. I’m sure we’ve just gone over the usage of social media etc and this was, well risky.

You’re still my superstar though ;)

Now, should I be concerned that the only two posters you mentioned are Kets and myself? I’m thinking I probably should.

• 8 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

No need to worry Ibiza, you still get the 10%.

Too many famous names to mention but you know how it is, they call out your name, your speech is on a crumpled bit of paper, fighting back the tears.. It is so overwhelming.

Yeah anyway, the unwashed – I get the idea the majority seem to favour shola to actually start on sunday? Is this not a bit of over-hyping of his Slayer rep? I think Stroller is nailed on as a sub at this stage of his career isn’t he? I wouldn’t start Ba and Cisse though, I have been droning for months about how they are virtually the same player positionally. I don’t care which one starts tbh, but I think we need someone fast just behind whover it is. Maybe, and don’t shout its been quite a day, Obertan through the middle? Too rich for Pards’ blood I fear, but we could unzip their back line with a bit of speed (and hba of course).

Here’s another thing – who in our team ‘gets’ the derby thing, and who doesn’t? I mean REALLY gets it?

• 9 Pushy Pardew // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    I have only been posting on here for a short while. But i have noticed how many posters you have brassed off. Your particularly not very good with minority posters are you? Whether they be young kids, BandB or more recently the bionic Mag. You basically just want to give them the bums rush. Your approach is always the same you accuse them of having issues whereas your the one with issues. You’ve got a massive chip on your shoulder and hide behind others to do your dirty work.
    I thought bionic’s post made sense and he made many valid points.
    Jesper
    From the ridiculous to the sublime. You were commenting earlier about another boring day on here well look no further than bully boy types like teflon tads. I was sorry to see BandB leaving because she/he made a very worthwhile contribution to the quality of debate. One mans meet and all that. Good to see your able to watch the game after playing football earlier in the morning. I am playing 5 a side this evening. Friday’s a good day because we can really enjoy a bevy or two to round off the evening. On the Derby we have to start fast and then as the game progresses hope our
    key players Cabaye, HBA and Ba and Cisse come to the for and stamp their superior class on the game. It will be my annual trip over to the dark side but i wouldn’t miss it for the world.

• 10 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I would call ibiza, the henry kissinger of the blog as he plays the field!!!! ducks and dives goes in feels the temperature then just pulls back that bit as to not overly upset.

Maybe not a real hardcore keyboard warrior, but he has many a blogging friend.

Where as the beefman is a proper hardcore keyboard warrior with not very many friends, if any boo hoo!!!

• 11 steveno7 // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

@ibiza
    cani run this past u .
    The scum are sh*%e and thwy have this awfull stench about them .
    Do u folks agree.

• 12 Pushy Pardew // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

come to the fore

• 13 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

What happened with BandB then? Tads, what have you done? Have you been a rotter?

• 14 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

@Beefman
    At least you have the consolation of being right all the time . . .

• 15 Dannyo // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Impressive.
    Cisse will be 1 of only 2 strikers on FM13 with 20 in finishing :D

• 16 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Pushy
    Your an idiot everything you complain about is everything you actually come on to post right up to being a clinger oner and hiding behind others!
    Who are these kids by the way because your first (incorrect) acusation of me bullying was jimmymagpie
    BandB had many issues not just me perhaps thats down to your selective reading list though
    ThebionicMAG i simply stated that the person desreved to be arrested
    So tell me what do you mean by im not good with minority posters? Do enlighten me because i know what your suggesting and cant wait for you to say it

• 17 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Steveno7 – well posited and soundly reasoned. I think that, having dispensed with Soap, the dirty mackem has imdeed placed himself inm the unenviable position of those of whom Nietsche said had ‘killed God’. How can they ever aspire to cleanliness when they have dispensed with all that can help them attain it? The slayer has become the slain in their case, n’est-ce pas?

• 18 steveno7 // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I was once on the drink in scumland having worked at nissan for while .xmas nite out.
    I was appraoched by a young man with a scruffy shellsuit sleeves rolled up soveriegns ahowing and a large medalion round his neck.he asked where i was from i replied the toon.he offered me out .
    So i obliged by telling him would remove his teeth.
    As im not exactly shy .
    As i didnt back down he basically shat his pantsshiney as they were and made a quick retreet.
    Typical scum bag
    ha ha ha

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Tsunki
    BandB didnt like smileys my fault apparantly ;)

• 20 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Tsunki…I’m eager to discuss football matters, but we need to discuss this 10% rubbish a.s.a.p.

Shola should be on the bench for me. He’s not effective for a full 90 minutes and him sitting on the bench will constantly be striking fear in to the red and white unwashed. Bring him on at the end to consolidate his slayer status.

• 21 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Tads are you saying you are a smileypath? Not true, surely jesper and ibiza would knock you into a bucket in smiley wars?

:D :D ;) :D ;D

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Tads,
    For the record I’m not to keen on the over use of smileys.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Tsunki,
    Did you have to do that.

• 24 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hmm I am obviously not a seasoned smileyist the. :(

• 25 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Pushy has spoken, he often dips his toes in to another posters spat with someone, im sure tads will give you a response, you love it man.

BandB should have stuck it out,he has had a few posters comment favourably on his posts.

The nature of blogs is that you are going to get in a ruck with someone or a few at times.

Ive been in masses of them over the last four years beacuse i support this regime but i support the toon through thick and thin.

Youve got to have thick skin , if you get it, you give it back.

Sure diplomacy should come in to it a bit more, but what the hell you get a better rush if you give it both barrels at times.

• 26 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Jail – any chance you could narrow ‘that’ down for me a bit?

• 27 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

BandB could dish it out but certainly couldn’t take it. I have a sneaking suspicion that heshe has been on here before and laid into folk and then did the whole ‘woe is me’ act.

People fell for it back then too.

Heshe would pick and choose who heshe felt inclined to discuss football with and criticised those heshe decided weren’t worthy.

• 28 Charlietoon // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I’d almost forgotten what it was like to consider having a first choice back four. I’d like to see
    Krul,
    Santon, Collo, Taylor, Fergie
    Hatem Cabaye, Tiote, Gutti
    ……………BA Shola

It’s a team of players who all know how important this derby is. I’d like to find space for Anita or Biggie but I think they need tobe on the bench and see what it is all about before jumping straight in.

• 29 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

FMJ – paranoia is the meat and veg of blog life ha ha.

• 30 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

JFA
    Sorry pal but with the mackems at the weekend i cant stop smiling!
    Oh well back to bieng my normal odious self!

Oh and pushy, bionics post, how can he make many valid points when only making one point? Notice you didnt call up jakesome either funny that

• 31 danuneek // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Do you guys actually talk about football?

• 32 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

This has to be done. Especially for jail
    :-)

• 33 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Charlie – that’s what I was thinking. This is not a match to heave those not accustomed even to PL yet, let alone the cauldron of dross.

• 34 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Danueek

Be a leader, not a follower. Start a discussion and we shall follow.

• 35 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Danuneek – which type?

• 36 BigKirky // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I’d have Shola starting on the bench for me but I’d def bring him on with 15 or 20mins left depending on how things are going. I everyone knows it, but I hope the players realise that our usual second half pickup must be from the first whistle right to the last.

• 37 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Yea fatman you and the beefman know you have to stick it out on these blogs or the keyboard bullys will take advantage.

Poor BandB couldnt hack it sadly, and has went with his tail between his legs to fresh blog chatrooms.

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

FMJ,
    Thanks :(

• 39 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Charlietoon
    Good looking team ba n shola would give there rag tag back 4 a pasting!

• 40 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Team for sun.

Krul
    Simpson Taylor colo santon
    Tiote
    Cabaye Anita
    Ben arfa ba obertan

I’ll change my mind at least twice before the game kicks off tho.

So excited I could crush a grape.

• 41 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Huh. Huh. They have Bramble. Huh. Huh. Let’s just stick back until the 87th when he switches off.

• 42 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM

FMJ
    Obertan would get smashed to pieces if he starts against the mackems he doesn’t like getting roughed up, anita maybe a bit to green for a derby day atm

• 43 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Bigkirky, i agree, shola for the last well maybe 25 you will be able to hear those mackem arses nipping.

At their throats from first till last lets stick it to them from the 1st till the 90th minute.

• 44 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

@Tsunki
    I was quite confident till you mentioned Bramble !!

• 45 Magpies-till-d3ath // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Krul
    Simmo Colo Saylor Santon
    Tiote Anita
    Benny Cabaye Jonas
    Ba

• 46 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Fatman, the mackems will crush a walnut between the cheeks if their arse when they see shola warming up!

• 47 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Tads

Cattermole’s suspended pal, who have they got to smash him to pieces? I’m thinking of pace here and i think he’s got it in him to pull their defence to pieces.

• 48 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Tsunki
    Its friday, that means theres a friday and saturday until the game plenty of time for bramble to get himself nicked again!

• 49 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

FMJ
    In all fairness i think the occassion of the game would overwhelm obertan i’d bring him in for the last 20 when there tired

• 50 Super Magpie // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Love the bit on the 4-1 where is says-
    ‘it was clearly Newcastle’s day as even Albert Luque managed to get on the score sheet before the final whistle’

• 51 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Yea you’ve got to fancy our subs to put fear into them – shola pappa and fergie to get us goals 4 5 and 6.

I’m approaching this game in a completely different mindset than before!

• 52 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

The only other player I can think of is Jonas. He’s one of my favourite players of the last few years but I don’t think he’s attacking enough to cause the scum problems. I considered fergie but I think he’s too lightweight for their fat f-ing defence. So I was left with old gabby.

Gotta have faith.

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Looking forward to thrashing the unwashed this weekend,just a shame these Italians don’t seem to show football in their boozers its not like many of them turn up to games,so I think it will be the comfort of my hotel room with a dozen beers.

• 54 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

FMJ
    Fair enough cant argue with that reasoning! Although i think we all know jonas will start

• 55 Super Magpie // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Fatman

If he starts in CM as 4-3-3 I won’t mind if he plays. I just hope Pardew finally realises that 4-4-2 doesn’t work, for many reasons that I’ve beaten to death.
    I want to see this team

Krul
    Simpson Saylor Colo Santon
    Cabaye Tiote Jonas
    HBA Ba Cisse

I’ve swapped Ba and cisse around because Ba is more in form Atm. Plus it takes some pressure off cisse because he is less expected to score from LW than if he was playing as a ST.
    I know that we won’t start with that though, which is dissapointing to say the least.

• 56 clinath@ed // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

As a frequent ready but less so the actual blogging, I feel I must agree with pushy….having been on the receiving end of Tads abuse, calling me an idiot and a moron, obviously not agreeing with my comments at the time.

• 57 NUFC FOR SALE // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Disagree with the Ba Cisse thing.

Ba is a more accomplished footballer and can play that left wing role, Cisse will struggle.

Cisse up front for me.

• 58 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Obertan in for a derby game! I was going to say are you mad but you know what, he couldn’t hide in this one and may give him the shock to up his game. My team however would be
    Harper
    Simmo colo taylor santon
    Cabaye tiote guti fergy
    Hatem
    Ba

• 59 Super Magpie // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

NUFC FOR SALE

Fair enough, I thought Cisse was decent enough when he played on the wing against Bordeaux and I think he can do a good job there against the scum. Also, since Ba allegedly thrown a hissy fit when he was played out of position I think it’s better to put him there.
    Especially since he’s scored 6 goals and cisse has scored 2.

It’s either that or drop Cisse for me.

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Clinath
    When? Dont recall ever conversing with you in all honesty

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Hotdog
    No krul?

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Well in defence of Tads as a very regular reader and poster I fail to see where Tads is abusive,we all have spats on here as not everyone agrees on a lot of subjects and when someone calls you a cnut it tends to get your back up,I think to judge tads as an aggressive poster is unsubstantiated,and always remember there is a poster called TDS.

• 63 Super Magpie // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hotdog

Harper? Cabaye RM?
    Any long shots or high balls into the box and we’re F*cked IMO.
    Krul at 90% is better than Harper than 100% ( no offence to Harper)
    Also when has Cabaye ever played RM?

• 64 clinath@ed // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Ahh TADS, dismissed as insignificant…the pain. It was when young master Cambell was about to be picked against Cardiff (I think) and I suggested it may be that Mr Pardew was was trying to make a point to his bosses about our lack of depth…..yourself and another ( his name slps my memory), were quite vocal at my lack of footballing knowledge at the time.

• 65 Super Magpie // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hotdog

Harper instead of Krul? Cabaye RM?
    Any high balls or long shots and we’re F**ked with Harper in goal IMO. Krul at 90% is better than Harper at 100% ( no offence to Harper)
    Also,when has Cabaye ever played RM?

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Ooooh the thought of having a full purple team on Sunday,unless Shola starts but then again against the mackems he’s better than purple.

• 67 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM

JFA
    My hero!

Clinanth
    Hardly dismissed son!
    I remember now you were saying pards was playing campbell as a protest as to the lack of signings i said it was because he was an exciting prospect who they wanted to fast track if i remember you were equally as aggressive in your arguements

• 68 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM

” We hate Sunderland ”

” We hate Sunderland ”

” We hate Sunderland ”

” We hate Sunderland “

• 69 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Anita would get in my team every time he will only get better and this sort of game focuses the mind like no other, he has played lots of big games with ajax, and has very good technical ability, jonas just runs about in the middle of the park either giving free kicks away or getting them.

i would try from now on to get tiote cabaye and anita in to our team that is the basis of a terrific diamond we have.

Even though jonas isnt a left back i would play him there tomorrow with fergie in front,of him jonas isnt a midfielder also, he is now a type of workhorse utility player but AP`s fav. they have johnson who could pose a threat down the right, so that block of fergie n jonas could hopefully sort that and then we can cause our own problems for them.

I would go Krul, Santon, Jonas, Colo, Saylor, Tiote, Anita, Cabaye, Ferguson, Ben Arfa, Ba.

Class all over the pitch in every position just about.

Cisse and Shola ready for a curtain call for 25 mins.

If cisse starts then fair enough.

• 70 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

If krul is 100% then yes. Tiote cabaye and guti rotate as a three not necessarily one stuck on rm. a diamond if you like.

• 71 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

My Team would be

……………………………Krul…………………………….

..Simpson……..Taylor………Collocini……Santon..

…………..Tiote………………………..Anita……………
    ………………………….Cabaye………………………….

………HBA……………Cisse………….Ba…………….

3 points in the bag right there ;)

• 72 euanpolo // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Krul
    Simpson – S.Taylor – Coloccini – Santon
    Cabaye – Tiote – Gutierrez
    Ben Arfa – Ba – Cisse

Subs: Harper, Williamson, Perch, Anita, Ferguson, Obertan, Sh. Ameobi

• 73 BigKirky // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It’s a bit daft really, Ba not wanting to play that left side of front three. It’s a good position to cut in and shoot and he actually was playing really well there. Rotating him and Cisse through the game like last season would work, so I think Ba is being a bit unreasonable really. Get him to watch some Thierry Henry goals, it’s all about cutting in from the left!

• 74 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

@Big K
    To be fair I’m not sure we have it from his own mouth – I am sure He would say he is ‘happy to do a job for the manager – etc’

Did you see what Santon said about playing left vs. right?
    Very interesting insight.

• 75 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Come on then archae tell us about santon?

• 76 BigKirky // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

The Santon interview was on Radio Newcastle earlier this week. Dunno if anyone can find it in the archives.

• 77 Jamiemac // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

the lack of support for Simpson on here is unbelievable.

• 78 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

@Santon
    He said he prefers left back because it is easier to cut in on his right.
    He said when he plays right back he finds it difficult to cut in because he is less comfortable and has less control with the ball on his left.

• 79 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

@Jamiemac
    Agree;
    As long as a player plays to the best of their ability that’s all you can ask.

• 80 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Jamie you may have a point were simpson is concerned.

He may well get the nod 2moro they like him a lot at the club.

He hasnt signed a new contract and may be gone in jan, if so we are going to have to look at other options at right back, would be a good match up if he gets the nod v james mclean on that side.

• 81 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

We’ve missed Simpson IMO. He’s solid but unspectacular. He’ll go on to be a first team starter in a decent enough premiership outfit in January.

Just hope da boosh lives up to nufcblog’s expectations.

• 82 89Norcal // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

@FatmanJoe, couldn’t agree more.

Hopefully Saylor stays healthy, I noticed in the few games since his initial return he was slightly out of sorts in the backline and made a couple mistakes.

• 83 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Beefman
    At least if yer a Holstein or a Friesian yer a black and white hunk of beef.

BigKirky
    Totally agree that a flanking left position is not the same as a left wing position and Ba should jest get on with it

Shola needs half an hour to weave his magic…

• 84 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I agree. Saylor looked really shakey at times. I don’t think saylor-willo works as well as saylor-colo or willo-colo. Both British lads need that commanding argie next to them.

• 85 89Norcal // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I also really really hope Cisse get get on the scoreboard. Cabaye should be near 100% now after all the issues about his fitness following the Euros. He has looked great for France over the last 2 breaks, so lets work the play through him some more!

• 86 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I really like the front line of Ben arfa cisse ba but not if he’s going to spit his dummy every time he’s put there. I think we looked really dangerous on the break with those three up top.

• 87 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I’m going to argue with myself now tho – ba is scoring at the moment so it would be right daft to move him to the left when he’s on form.

• 88 89Norcal // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

@FatmanJoe, Yes it would be a bad move IMO to run a 433 with Ba wide. If anything I think we should try Cisse there instead if Pards insists on starting them both. Ba is most dangerous in that 12 yard area, I just feel Cisse could do more than Ba coming from a wide position and around the top of the box.

• 89 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Steveno7…All looks perfect mate. Never a truer word spoken.

Beefman…..You should see how many friends I have on facebook like….made it to double digits last week!!!

• 90 Jamiemac // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

In my opinion Simpson is our best full back defensively yet he get abused on here. He may not be the best offensively but his main job is to defend which is what we have needed in recent weeks.

• 91 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

On Simpson,if Dastardly describes him as a ‘purple’ then why wont Mashley offer him a purple contract ?

• 92 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

When was the last time hatem played behind the front man. To my recollection it was against Everton when he scored that screamer. He has to play in that Beardsley ( no 10) role for me, he would be devastating!

• 93 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Jfa – his colour is fading a bit to a mmmmm mauve :-)

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

FMJ,
    Would it do any harm to put an in form player on the left who is well capable to score from that position, if it meant Cisse was getting as many,with Ba’s form at the moment he should be feeling like he can score from anywhere,it should be about the team and not just his feelings.

• 95 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Does he see him as purple tho? I thought the implication was that he didn’t.

• 96 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

He didn’t score from the left tho. That’s when the goal scoring stopped last season. In his eyes it was coz he was left

• 97 archaeomag // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

@Jail good point – we just don’t know WTF goes on

Think of all the goal line clearances – saved a few points

• 98 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

HaHa ibiza, probably got a handful more friends than me though.

munstermag, got in touch and wanted to be my friend.

Then he changed his mind and said i wasnt such a bonny lad after all.

He knows how to hurt!

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

FMJ,
    I’m quite sure that Dastardly said we have eleven purples,I’m assuming he meant one for each position,unless he meant Anita was a purple RB,maybe they’ll give little Vern an extra three grand a week to go back on the holding midfield promise.
    On Ba not scoring from the left,in all fairness he came close a few times last season then i think it became a confidence issue rather than positional,I think it could be worth going back to that formula that won us so many games toward the end of last season.

• 100 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Magpies, the beefman is a belgian blue! but black and white through and through!

• 101 89Norcal // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

@Jail for Ashley, it SHOULD be about the team, but I can’t help but think Ba is selfish by nature. He wants to be THE target man or at least in the center.

• 102 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Archaeomag ,
    Amidst all the rubbish I spout I do come up with the occasional valid opinion.

• 103 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Is my font colour in white :-/

• 104 leefire // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Krul
    Simpson. Taylor. Collo. Santon

Tiote
    HBA. Gutt
    Ameobi. Ba

Subs to come on. Cisse, Anita, Ferguson

• 105 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Leefire – go on pick another

• 106 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

hotdog,
    No its in back,on HBA,I’m nor sure when he played in that exact position you talk about but when I watch him he seems to be all over the pitch,probably does what he wants.

• 107 leefire // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I think we could beat them with that team. And I missed out Cabaye, so we have nothing to worry about. We could beat them with 10 men and might do if Tiote kicks ass.

• 108 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Pretty sure he meant anita not Simpson.

Criticising a player going out rather than the one coming in.

• 109 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

JFA- yes but with four behind him he would not have to track back as often.
    Just keep shola stretching all game that will have the unwashed bricking it :-)

• 110 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I’m a bit gutted I’m not at home for this its a little bit hard to get fired up for it ,there’s not even a mackem on site to banter with and the three other geordies are into that UFC caper,a taxi into Bologna and a day on the lash would have been just the ticket.

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

FMJ,
    So you think little Vern is pencilled in to be the new LB or RB,that would make sense as they’ll probably wait till a bid for Tiote comes in before making a decision.
    hotdog,
    I’m not really a tactician I played 4-3-3 on FM,unless I played a top flight club and then I went 4-5-1.

• 112 hotdog // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

JFA- get the taxi mate and spread the word. Geordies on tour. Have you ever seen a Mackem in bologna!

• 113 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM

hotdog,
    130 euros on ya own is a bit steep,I can get pay per view in the hotel for 7.

• 114 Tonytoon73 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Jail, you must have a good little number of a job mate

• 115 Quasi.modo // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Evening chaps, the weekend is almost upon us and we have the misfortune of having to wait another day to get to see our boys on the field, let’s hope it’s worth the wait.

I for one will not be watching the match, will just watch the highlights on MOTD because derby day has given me many a near heart attack and I can’t keep my sanity unless we’re winning, so I’ll be otherwise engaged and praying for a good result.

As for who to start and what formation to go with I would advocate a 4-5-1 in this game, overrun the midfield and choke off their supply to Sessegnon and we’ve got the game in the bag. HBA will be up to his usual tricks and Cabaye and Tiote will finally come alive, perhaps this is just the game to get Cisse firing up front by himself. Play Demba LW HBA RW and go for it.

Can’t see Anita playing in this game if I am honest, more likely to see Guti or even Perch playing in DM as they have much more experience of these games and I fully expect Simmo to play RB too.

I think we’ll win it 2-0 and finally kick start what has been a somewhat sluggish start to the season.

• 116 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Beefman
    Lean and muscly then

• 117 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

TonyT,
    Not always pal but this ones not bad.

• 118 Tonytoon73 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Jail, plenty of pasta mate.

• 119 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I see what you’re saying about perch however Anita has much more experience in the big game. I really have faith in the lad.

• 120 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Sorry, that was directed to quasi…

• 121 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Magpies, the belgian blue is a phenomenon, a freak a bit like your very own beefman, get it up on google.

• 122 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM

beefman – I’am a bit suspicious of the post by magpies @#116 -if it was me I would not respond – the next thing is that you’ll get an invitation from the pirates to become a cabin boy.

• 123 Magpie from Lithuania // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Our wing player will have to neutralize larrson and mclean, while Tiote manages sessegnon. My team for sun:

——————–Krul(harps)——————-

Santon——-Colo——-Saylor———Jonas

————————Tiote———————-

———–Cabaye———–Anita(Fergie)–

————————-HBA—————–

—————–Ba ————–Cisse——

Fergie is coming back from injurie, so not sure if he’ll be included in the squad, but if he comes in, then 4-4-2 (Ben Arfa goes to RM), 4-4-2 (Diamond )or should i say 4-3-3 with Anita in the middle. or we could try 4-2-2-2 with Tiote and Perch orAnita holding, Cabaye and Ben Arfa atacking and creating chances for two Dembas. i also think that obertan is better at left side not on the right, as he have more space and can cut inside, then he is on the right he runs out of options and passes back to RB, he should come with ameobi and perch at 65-70 min.

—————————–Krul————————–

-Santon———Colo———Saylor——-Jonas

———————Anita———Perch————–

Ben Arfa—————–Cabaye————-Obertan

—————————–Ameobi———————-

We will be winning at that time, so i think Ameobi will finnish them off. And pace of obertan will be very usefull late in the game as we will counter them. That’s it. Thank you for reading this piece of mind.

• 124 toonLYF // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

get the Sheff Wed – Leeds match on if you haven’t already, it’s a good advertisement of Championship football, really good game between two fired up teams, end to end and plently of brawls between play.

Exactly what you want to see on a Friday night when there’s no good Boxing on.

• 125 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM

There were fisticuffs and I wasn’t informed?

switching over now….

• 126 Quasi.modo // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM

FMJ

I have faith in Anita too and while he has experience of big games he has yet to really come to terms with the physicality of the league and may need a bit longer to acclimatise. Sunderland will be a very physical game and we cannot afford anyone to get bullied out there so that’s why, for me, I’d go with Perch or Guti ahead of Anita in this one, although I do think he will be a cracking player for us in the future.

How do you think we will line out formation wise?

• 127 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The Belgian Blue is a strange beast with very high muscle proportions and not so much fat..They need a higher protein diet (bit like Tiote then). As the bulls can be black and white then Beefman can claim to be a true Toon man…

I’m not like Beattie25 with his homo-erotic posts….Mr T

Anyone know the whole pirate’s song ?

“The cabin boy was kipper,
    He was a dirty nipper,
    He stuffed his arse with broken glass
    And circumcised the skipper.”

• 128 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM

So, who is first to a red card on sunday, seeing as Cattermole is suspended? My gut feeling is we have more players than them likely to get an early bath. Or whatever their equivalent of that expression is. Tiote? Cabs? Pards?

• 129 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Yea he hasn’t quite got it yet has he. I’d like to see him in a more forward role – a like for like with cabs. I really like perch. If he is selected for a def mid role I wouldn’t be annoyed. I’d want 451 or 433 but it’ll be 442.

• 130 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

oh yeah and there’s perchinho, butcher of the dark place.

This game could be the making or breaking of Anita. You can’t wrap a reasonably top class player on nice wages in cotton wool forever. This might be the game for him to man up, grow some etc etc blah blah you know what I mean.

• 131 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Ferguson
    Cabaye
    Xisco
    Amalfitano
    Shola Ameobi

• 132 Tsunki // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Ketsy! Simpson is fit again, did you know? What do you think? Simpson? Simpson? Eh? Eh?

Sorry all, had to.

• 133 beefman13 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Magpies, that sounds painful bonny lad, that area to start with is bad enough (not that ive been their to that extent but thats another story) never mind the glass, ouch and shudder, mister tuff could handle that sort of treatment, its all in the cryptic clues you know?!?!

• 134 Quasi.modo // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

FMJ

Well Pards could surprise us come kickoff with a different formation. We may not like 4-4-2 but it is the most tried and tested formation for us, it may not be pretty and it may not get the best out of our flair players but we got results last season with it, and I think there still is some merit in it but I would like to see a 4-5-1, think 4-3-3 may be too open but if the game is going our way 4-5-1 can be easily managed to play 4-3-3 depending on the CMs used.

• 135 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’ve selected the STRONGEST squad. Simpson would struggle to make my reserve team. We released a better player in Nzuzi.

• 136 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

We’re really missing Ryan Taylor.

• 137 Ketsbaia9 // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I’ve forgot to put Gutierrez on the bench. We should bring him on in the second half to run the clock down.

• 138 wreker16 // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Kets
    Not sure you can only have 1 holding midfielder nowadays, we’re not playing FIFA now!! Also no cabaye? He’s not in form but he is sooooo good on his day

• 139 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Yea 442 has its own merits but it’s frustrating to see cabs wasted and Ben arfa too to a certain extent.

Honestly formation doesn’t bother me if we play and win well.

Simpson must play. He understands the intensity of these derbies.

• 140 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Are we listing fantasy lineups now ?

• 141 Carryingcoals // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

kets how can you justify dropping cabaye for abeid, I mean seriously….

• 142 Carryingcoals // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Fatman

Completely agree with that – Simmo really does get it

• 143 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Carry

Don’t bite. It’s what he wants.

• 144 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM

MFH,
    Lets be honest here, we only have eleven purples so if they’re all fit then that pretty much has to be the line up,the only question is that if little Vern is more purple than Simmo who should get the nod at RB.

• 145 Carryingcoals // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

fatman

I suppose you’re right. Crazy though.

I think the team picks itself really. Don’t think we’ll be surprised by the lineup.

• 146 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Really can”t be ar$ed to Google it so here’s a bit o trivia,who was the last Mag to get sent off against the mackems ?

• 147 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Bramble? Might be getting confused as I remember him getting sent off for them against us.

• 148 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

@ Jail

Aint got a clue bud

• 149 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Here is something to get you in the mood for Sunday

• 150 Quasi.modo // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

FMJ

You’re right, as long as the team are getting results then I won’t grumble too much about formations. It is natural that we all want to see our lads play fluid passing football on a weekly basis but there are times when we just need to roll up our sleeves and get the job done and as long as we’re getting it done then we haven’t much need for complaints.

Totally agree about Simmo, I think he is really stepping up to the plate and answering his nay sayers. He has his limitations but he is stand out the best RB we have at the club.

• 151 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Will the lads enjoy the benefit of a soothing hot bath after their doubtless mighty excursions at the Stadium of Blight. I recognize of course there wouldn’t be any bathing facilties in the home rooms, how about the away? I assume we’ve made our own arrangements in that case, as it of course wouldn’t do to be boarding the bus home victorious without a wash, wouldn’t do at all.

• 152 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM

JFA
    For me if simmo is fit he should start on sunday he’s played in derby games before he knows what to expect anita seems to be finding his feet still he’s looked good in flashes poor in other moments but could get lost in the intensity of the game

• 153 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

BPC,
    Yep that done the trick put a big smile on my face,I couldn’t see much evidence of ‘hoofball’ there mind, I’d have that Andy Carroll back qicker than Mashley could say ‘free, I’ll ‘ave it,them or im’

• 154 Dannyo // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Can’t belive a fan ran out and punched Kirkland in the face.
    Sickening.
    Ban for life and jailtime for assault i say.

• 155 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Tads,
    I think that as well though I don’t mind Simmo whatsoever although I would like to see him bettered as would I,Obertan and Willo.

• 156 FatmanJoe // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

It’s not bramble – is it gosling or was that when he was at everton? Sure he’s been sent off against them before.

• 157 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Dannyo
    ?!?!? Really?

JFA
    Aye realistically there the 3 players/positions we need to ‘upgrade’ to a darker purple!

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Dannyo,
    That’s terrible, a long term ban from football and a very big financial fine would probably hurt him more,if I assasinated Mashley and Dastardly in a day of the jackal type hit what punishment would you say I deserve.I reckon banned from my local on Sundays for a year would be harsh but I would take it like a man.

• 159 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Just seen that on kirkland absolute disgrace blokes a proper w@nker

• 160 Dannyo // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Here’s a video uploaded already.
    It looks quite violent how Kirklands head snaps back.

• 161 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Dannyo
    As much as the lad gets done to him i think leeds should be held as equally as responsible not one steward reacted to the incident there was only 10 fans who rushed the pitch embarrasing!

Ryan taylor on Sky sports 1

• 162 Dannyo // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

@Jail
    Hahaha, i wouldn’t recommend u did that tho mate, lol.

• 163 Dannyo // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

@tads
    Dave Jones was furious, but calm, but clearly affected by the matter.
    He abolished the Leeds fans and the supporter who punched Kirkland.
    And rightly so.

• 164 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

This is how I would have Mashleys demise planned.

• 165 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

JFA

Bit by mistake

• 166 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

JFA

Thought you’d be thinking more like the final scene in ‘Get Carter’

• 167 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

@ Jail

I would go for Fugu fish poison in a steak bake :)

• 168 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

MFH,
    Na mate, The day of the Jackal, one of my top five all time favourite books.

• 169 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

BPC,
    Even better one of those sh!t Balti pies he sells for 2.40

• 170 NUFC_LEAZES END // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Anyone else praying we don’t start cisse on Sunday in a 4-4-2 formation?

• 171 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Wtf according to sky were wearing the fecking green kit on sunday

• 172 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Wtf? Were playing in out 3rd kit on sunday according to sky sports 1

• 173 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Ha taylor just said he’d start shola all day vs the mackems!

• 174 MagpiesFlyHigh // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM

BPC

Is that better than Greig’s fugu fish pastie for your favourite friends ?

• 175 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Aren’t we unbeaten in our 3rd kit ?, maybe a good omen :)

• 176 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

BPC
    lets hope so!!! Just a shame not be in black n white

• 177 TimKrulFan // Oct 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

just watched something on SS1 and r.taylor had to name his best 11 he played with he put cabs,colo and HBA init

• 178 nick_9 // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

TimKrulFan no Ba or cisse in his eleven? Who did he choose upfront?

• 179 shearermania // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

come on shouldnt everyone be allowed to punch kirkland… no really?
    awful goalie…like didnt someone punch sergei rebrovs lights out!!! proper stuff that was

• 180 ross armstrong // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

My team on sunday would be

———–krul
    Simpson colo saylor santon
    —-cabaye tiote jonas
    ———-benny
    ———shola ba

• 181 daffy // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Waey Lads here we go again
    SAFC v nufc
    Cant see you lot getting anything from this tbh , apart from a good spanking & a helping hand back to scumville
    Haway The Lads !

• 182 shearermania // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

————–krul—————
    santon—–saylor—-collo—–fergie—-

—————–___Tiote——————-

————-cabaye——-benny——

cissse/ba——————————–obertan

——————-shola————————

• 183 shearermania // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

daffy…….youre back….say hello to your sister….im so pleased they let you out….youre a keeper

• 184 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

@ daffy

Sure because 5under1and have an amazing record against us. Spanking you say :)

• 185 shearermania // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

daffy…when i said sister you know i also meant your mother right? anyway shes’ really cute and the best thing was you letting her out of her cage….im sure your brother/father feels the same way…

• 186 daffy // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Sheepshagermania
    Aey class that lad

• 187 shearermania // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

daffy….its not really rape when its family is it??????

• 188 daffy // Oct 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Shergar
    Ha ha class
    What a tool

• 189 FatmanJoe // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Yawn

Is that the big scene you wanted daffy?!

• 190 shearermania // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

sooo daffy hows life…you come to terms with mediocricy yet? or has this luxus lifestyle baffled you?

• 191 daffy // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Lads , facts are facts
    You might have the high ground in derby games – fair comment
    But for all your huffing & puffing & even more puffing , youve won F All – there ya go
    Bring on the Derby !

• 192 daffy // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Fatman Joe – nah boring as f on here gannin back to RTG
    HAWAY THE LADS

• 193 beefman13 // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

jail for ashley,

set the scene!

jail for ashley in a chair and big mike with a cut throat razor ready to slice your lugs off.

please mike i was only teasing i love you really!

say you love me you little twat say it now or your lugless.

ok mike i love you

To late you little shit, lugs off, good night.

• 194 Tsunki // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Alright Daffy? Hows it going long time no see. Really think this could go eiher way seeing as the form boks out the window. Honestly, what do you think will happen sunday, dont guff about, tell it like it is ha ha.

• 195 Tsunki // Oct 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

typing too fast to spell correctly….

• 196 cockneymagpie90 // Oct 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM

KRUL
    SIMMO-SAYLOR-COLO-SANTON
    CABAYE-TIOTE-GUTI
    BENNY
    BA-CISSE

AND BRING ON ANITA BIGI SHOLA !!!

EASY.

• 197 Mister Tuff // Oct 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cockney -with the proviso that the “returning players” are all fit -I totally agree with your team selection. Cisse will start as I just cannot see AP dropping him -(AP frequently talks about players confidence and if Cisse gets dropped I’m sure his confidence will be affected.) Some posters have suggested starts for Obertan and Fergie – I do not think they will start. Shola as sub – regardless as to what the score is -20-25 mins to go. Also get him to warm up down the touchline several times in the first half to get the crowd going. Plus Ba to take pens -as he is supposed to.

• 198 AmericanGeordie // Oct 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Derby XI

4-2-3-1

Krul
    Simmo Saylor Colo Santon
    Tiote Jonas
    HBA Cabaye Ba
    Cisse

• 199 jeff // Oct 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM

shola should start at cb

• 200 jawballsaswallwell // Oct 20, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Lads, our best 11 is fit, and they are top, top players, we need a win to kick start our season, we’re playing the Mackems away from home, they’re not a bad side let’s be honest, it doesn’t get much better, really doesn’t. Wouldn’t be dead for quids!

Ridiculously good.

• 201 cyprus // Oct 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

On previous articles:
    - Would be great if we clapped for Rose, would get us publicity which would make it around the world, given the publicity of the Serbian incident. I for one agree with Rose’s reaction there, it’s crazy if he gets penalized further, he was the victim.
    -On social media, twitting. Ed, why don’t you want players to say what they feel THEMSELVES? Why the filtered, censored news from the top down is better? The internet has given the people a voice and large audience for the first time, let’s not knock this privilege. Ok, some footballers are dumb or hot headed and this gets them into trouble. So?
    -On Taylor, frustrated. Is this our new Dyer, if you know what I mean?
    - On conversation with Daffy (at and around @184, above) our guy loses, no class at all. Sorry.
    -On this game, please, 1-3 guys

• 202 Tsunki // Oct 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM

daffy actually does come on and banter we could keep the insults down to a war cry.

previous post: Social Media – Be Very Careful If You Are A Footballer